Baldwin fires back at Cris Carter

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:30 am with 20 Comments »
February 3, 2014 12:30 am

After the game, Doug Baldwin had some things to say about ESPN analyst Cris Carter, who had called the Seahawks receivers “appetizers.”

Baldwin was stern and specific when referencing Carter’s comments.

“I’m not going to say the name, but he knows who he is,” Baldwin said. “I respect what you did on the field. But, stick to playing football because your analytical skills ain’t up to par yet. We need to slow down and go back and not do it half-assed. Put some effort into it.”

Baldwin took Carter up on his directive to search out information about him. Carter said if Baldwin wasn’t aware who he was, to Google him.

“I didn’t see any Super Bowl appearances,” Baldwin said. “I also saw two losses in the conference championships. So, I have a Super Bowl ring and I would gladly show that to him. If he doesn’t have time to come see it, tell him he can Google it.”

1. CDHawkFan says:

Okay, now for Harvin to tell Clayton to shut up. Please, don’t let him return kick-offs? Don’t quit your day job Clayton, oh, wait a minute…

2. A thing of beauty Doug, and hopefully the first of many ‘return shots’ back to these jack ass journalists who just couldn’t bring themselves to give the hawks the credit they obviously deserved. I don’t know if they’re towing a party line, east coast bias or what, but Chris Carter, Ashley Fox, Jeff Chadiha and others- you’ve got some explaining to do and some accountability to demonstrate.

What a game! What a season! 12th man rules!

4. tylerwyler says:

As luck would have it, I was hired last minute to travel to West Africa and produce/record a bunch of local musicians. I am in a remote location with no phone/internet, and was unable to get ANY info on the game last night (game time 23:30, local time, military roadblocks after dark). Walked an hour just now to the nearest internet centre and just got the best news ever. Go HAWKS!

tw

5. CDHawkFan says:

Awesome story Tyler.

Ciggy, there is a big part of me that would love to go back and look at all the journalists strong words/predictions and write them back asking them after being paid to do a job for years, how could they be so wrong. Most people would get fired over how wrong they were.

They were so sure of themselves. They are up there with weathermen and politicians. Big words one week, then they pretend they didn’t say anything and just go in hiding.

6. MikeFromNewJersey says:

What a night.. I was so fortunate to be there. I met some great Hawk fans from all over the country and this championship will live forever!! I cannot stop smiling!

7. HeatherHawk says:

Burn!

Loved his comments on the “pedestrian receivers” walking all the way to the SB.

8. CDHawkFan says:

From the Insider Bay Area yesterday; (Too bad it didn’t work out for you suckers).

Denver Broncos have full support of 49ers fans
    Posted: 01/31/2014 07:53:52 AM PST | Updated: 3 days ago

Richard Sherman’s postgame outburst was enough to turn 49ers fans into fervent Denver supporters for Super Bowl XLVIII. We asked fans via Twitter whether Sherman’s comments meant they were rooting for the Broncos. Here’s a sampling of responses:

@49erholics: “Richard who? I’m rooting hard for Broncos, cause I hate the Seahawks.”

@SoCal49ersFan: “I don’t care either way. Super Bowl is dead to me for the first time ever. #roughingthekicker”

@mgibson81: “Sherman is the biggest niner villain since Favre. It will be a pleasure to watch Sherman and the Seahawks lose.”

@AYSOCoachLance: “Don’t discount rooting against pete carroll, or the entire seahawks team. And their fans.”

@illcosby: “absolutely. I hate their fans, their stadium, their players. Everything. I’ve never been a bigger Broncos fan until now.”

@frankiecgsw: “I need manning to run the score on that dam team. This ain’t eli who fed you picks its big bro manning, richard!”

@sportsNthebay: “I’m rooting for Den on the simple fact that I hate Sea. I’m hoping for the game winning touchdown to come against Sherman.”

@CC_Breeze: “I respect the humble not the arrogant #GoBroncos”

@sdcindy: “Not because of Sherman per se, but because I really hate the Seahawks.”

@QPWinner: “Absolutely routing for Broncos just because I never rout for Seattle.”

@dfs78: “as a Niners fan, rooting for the Seahawks because of Sherman.”

@ellie_mint: “rooting hard for Denver because damn Seattle beat my team. I have no ill will against R. Sherman. he’s no thug”

@jdizl1987: “I just don’t want to deal with the Seahawks fans celebrating/rubbing it in. Bad enough as it is the Niners lost to them.”

@jdizl1987: “Also, anybody would love to have Sherman on their team. Hate to be against him.”

@busyness: “Not solely, but he sure seals the deal.”

@jayp849: “Yup. Sherman + the multiple PED suspensions make them an impossible team to root for even if I wasnt a 49ers fan.”

@digger1998: “I’m not rooting for Denver as much as I’m rooting for a severe injury to Sherman.”

@GoldBlooded44: “how can anyone outside pacific northwest like this team? Sherman is the personification of this team: arrogant,smug”

9. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

great game, sure expected a few more points by Denver i think my prediction was 42/17. wow again feels great to finally have a championship in Seattle.

i find it funny to see the experts that picked Denver reaction to this win. also i think you have to make an argument for this to be one of the greatest defenses ever now.

have to say i really don’t see Tate as i priority resign although i do see Baldwin as huge. i think rice is gone or substantial pay cut same with Clemons. i think miller get’s restructured . i think the will find a way to get Sherman and Thomas done and bring Bennett back.

it will be interesting how many players will give discount to try to keep this team together and winning

10. montanamike2 says:

Baldwin was perfect in his answer for C. Carter, we talked about how he responds after criticism. I liked that Malcolm Smith got the MVP since he is partially responsible for Sherman’s tip, i think Kam deserved it more in this game but we did win as a team. I wish i could be in Seattle Wednesday for the parade. I love that Kap came to Metlife to watch us lose and had to fly home dwelling on what if…

11. surelyyoujest says:

Totally awesome game last night. Still can’t believe we are actually SB Champs! Wish I was in Seattle right now.

12. blueshq says:

“Leave no doubt”
    check

I loved M. Irving’s description of our defense: “suffocating”.

It was a long time coming but it sure was satisfying!

I will miss all you guys I’ll be away from here on a road trip. My only mobile device will be my Hemi Charger. I guess it will be a San Diego Charger for a week.

I hope Sherm is ok.

13. Speaking of that any news on Sherms Ankle?

Well, All I can say is that after 37 years this is a sweet as I always imagined it might be. Unbelievable. I cannot wait for the victory parade on Wednesday. This is literally, a dream come true.

15. thursday says:

I love this. And yeah, Clayton needs a big pile of stfu as well. That KICKOFF RETURN was the most electrifying play in the game. Seriously though, the amount of national media picking against us and trashing us in some cases + Denver fans and media taking it to another level. This beatdown is exactly what we needed.

Any questions guys?

16. Hawkenstein says:

Sherman has a high ankle sprain I believe.

17. Amen CD and Thursday,

18. Really interested to see the front office in action now. Tate sure seemed invisible in the playoffs, very curious to see how the Hawks value him. They need to re-sign Angry Doug Baldwin, he had a great season and is another great story on a team full of great stories.

Time for another championship off-season to go get another Lombardi.

19. Antideluvian says:

Perfect comeback by Baldwin:

“So, I have a Super Bowl ring and I would gladly show that to him. If he doesn’t have time to come see it, tell him he can Google it.”