Carroll on KIRO: ‘There’s some potential there to get Russell (Okung) back’

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:04 am with 34 Comments »
September 20, 2013 10:46 am

This isn’t the most hard-hitting interview since it’s conducted by news folks at KIRO (with Danny O’Neil sitting in to give a sports flavor). But, Carroll says they have to get through today before fully talking about and knowing what’s happening long-term with Russell Okung. That makes it sound like we won’t hear anything further from Carroll when he speaks to the press later today. There is no availability Saturday. Postgame Sunday may be when we get some answers. Take a listen.

1. Sounds promising – just want him BACK at some point. Will be a chance to develop the young players.
    Heading to the airport later – get to see both the Dawgs and Hawks this weekend! Enjoy the weekend everyone!

2. Headline scared me to death…I thought something had happened to Wilson.

3. yankinta says:

lol @ PHXHawk,,, :)

4. RDPoulsbo says:

You can drown your sorrows after a loss to Seattle Aldon, but you shouldn’t drive afterward…

5. yankinta says:

WOW,, just read that too. Hope the don’t lose the game to the Colts.

I want NFC West to be the best in the NFL!! I want 2 Wild Card Teams from this Division!!!

6. MoSeahawk12 says:

The 9ers have not lost two games in a row under Harbarf. The odds are they won’t start this week. Although it would be interesting if big mouth Jimmy suspended a star player, you know to stay with his whole beyond reproach statement and how his guys are always above question.

7. Todd Dybas says:

I added an (Okung) in there so no one else is reaching for the defibrillator. Deep breaths, PHXHawk. Deep breaths.

– Todd

8. MoSeahawk12 says:

Thanks Todd,
    you’re jumping in with both feet and already doing an excellent job with the blog.
    Thank you again.

9. yankinta says:

Hope if he is gonna get suspended, I hope that it will be the game against Rams and not the Houston game…. That’d actually help 2 wildcard teams from NFC West coming out….

10. wazzulander says:

Team “above reproach” is racking up quite a laundry list of offenses – teammates punching each other, signing PED offenders, shootings at house parties, DUIs.

11. Hey Todd…welcome aboard. Really diggin’ all the new content you’re tossing out this week. It’s like throwing meet to a pack of hungry wolves.

A suggestion…maybe others are noticing this as well…Can you combine some of the posts…provide the same amount of content but fewer new threads…I’m starting to notice that readers jump from one to the other…trying to stay in the newest thread…so it seems we may be losing some of the longer conversation along the way.

But…wow, keep up the good work. I was really concerned when we found out Eric was on his way out…and especially after the Frank Hughes disaster from a few years ago…looks like you’re going to make Eric and Sando proud.

12. Todd Dybas says:

Hey, Audible.

Thanks, and I’m open to suggestions. Let me think about some ways to strike a balance between posting fresh things and merging some information into one post so the conversation below can be extended.

Thanks for the feedback.

– Todd

13. MoSeahawk12 says:

Aldon may be a little late to practice today.
    According to online jail records, Smith is currently being held on $5,250 bail, putting his status for Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts in question.

14. JazBadAzz says:

Sources state marijuana and pills also found in Smith’s car. Has Does NOT have prescription for marijuana. Blew 0.15 on failed breath test after crashing into a tree

15. yankinta says:

I’m sure he’s out for this Sunday…

16. JazBadAzz says:

This guy was on his way to practice, WASTED!
    I some what feels sorry for him because this doesn’t seem likea case of maturity but a case of abuse. The kid needs help, and if the organization cared about their players then they would sit him down and get him some help to save his life more than saving his career!

17. chuck_easton says:

Todd,

For us readers with severe ADHD I have to say I like more posts with less to focus on in each one. Oh look a chicken! Um where was I?

18. Hey Todd…another Welcome Aboard for you! We’re all sad to see Eric move on but we’re also really glad to have you and your football passion here! And if we get a chance to play SD again next year we can reminisce and poke fun at Eric’s new team! (Until he reminds us that he’s basking in 75 degree sunshine sipping a cold one while we’re all holding our Starbucks in both hands to stay warm.)

Seriously though, one thing that might be kind of nice now and then would be a juicy tidbit of news or “rumor” from either another NFC West team or a future opponent. Even if they are several weeks out from playing us. Not so much tabloid stuff but anything that might normally fly under our radar but still have interest to us.

Other than that I’d say just keep doing your thing and be prepared to slap us back into reality now and then! :)

19. doubledink says:

Now Yank, there you go jumping in with another one of those “I’m sure” comments. Don’t want to over extend yourself… :)

20. doubledink says:

Todd,
    Welcome aboard. It is good to see obvious talent finding an appreciative audience.

I would second Audible’s suggestion. I had thought similar the past couple of days. I value the comments section as much as the posts, when they don’t digress to blogger on blogger crime.

21. well, I cry no tears for Harbaugh after he made those judgmental comments about the Hawks. Karma can be a —–. Niners with 5 DUI-related arrests in the last 2.5 yrs per that Mercury News link.

Alson blew a .15 at 7:00 am, that must’ve been a heavy drinking night to still be at that level in the morning.

22. MoSeahawk12 says:

I agree Jaz,
    they should bring someone like HOF Chris Carter in to speak with him. Some of the younger fans may not know that Chris Carter almost didn’t have his Hall of Fame career due to drugs and drinking. He washed out in Philly after the team gave up on him. He was able to get help and turn his life and career around. Aldon is a very talented kid that clearly has some issues. Multiple DUIs and only twenty three years old. Getting busted at 7am tells you the kind of night he was having. The dude was up partying knowing he had to practice in a couple hours. Not only irresponsible, but now, who knows how costly. Not here to judge as many of us have done stupid things when we were in our 20′s but this can’t end well. Dude needs some help to straighten out and clean up.

23. HawkfaninMT says:

My take: Less posts with 100+ comments is just fine… Im with Chuck, keep them coming fresh!

24. doubledink says:

Hawkfan,
    maybe then if they don’t hit in quick succession? Some time between stories? idk. I don’t like 100+ comments either. Maybe we are not used to Sando-like rapid fire posting and we just need to chill and adjust.

25. MikeFromNewJersey says:

This Aldon Smith is turning into a poor man’s version Lawrence Taylor, what’s next? Underaged prostitues,

26. RDPoulsbo says:

I don’t mind the Sando-like rapid-fire that much, but maybe some condensing some postings so there aren’t like 5 within an hour unless there’s huge news.

It’s all about balance. We’re all going to have some reason to complain about this blog, including Todd. It’s a transition afterall, so there’s going to have to be some adjustment.

27. sluggo42 says:

Well this seems to have turned into an official “hello Todd” thread, so:

Hello Todd

I like Em fast, but have no problem if you choose to combine. It’s your blog now baby, so do exactly as you want to…
    We will read it, trust me.

Too bad smith will miss this game, I hope they get crushed, and that Luck throws for 400 (sorry yank)
    They need another severe beating to help them down from that lofty perch they like to sit on.

Smith does need some help, he is in one serious spiral downwards…
    Another 49er choirboy…

Trent to Indy is money, good for them!

28. doubledink says:

no complaining here

29. SandpointHawk says:

Todd…you’re doing great, just be yourself and keep smiling.

30. I see no reason he wouldn’t play- ths is the NFL – when he is convicted we will see a punishment

31. Todd, one small request is more pictures. It seems dumb, but I like them for some reason. Boling doesn’t really use them either. It just seems like something is missing. Maybe it’s just because I’ve only followed this blog with E at the helm thus far?

You have posted a lot of videos on the Huskies blog. It would be awesome if you could do the same here. Thanks. You’re doing well for yourself. Hopefully you get to tag someone in on the Huskies blog soon.