Morning links: The Bradley effect

Post by Eric Williams on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:00 am with 139 Comments »
January 20, 2013 10:03 am
Jacksonville Jaguars new head football coach Gus Bradley, left, smiles as he answers questions from the media during an NFL football news conference on Friday, Jan. 18, 2013, in Jacksonville, Fla. Team owner Shad Kahn looks on. (AP Photo/The Florida Times-Union, Will Dickey)

There’s been a lot of talk here on the blog on what type of effect the loss of Gus Bradley will have on the Seattle Seahawks moving forward.

Some argue that Pete Carroll really served as the team’s defensive coordinator anyway, and Bradley just executed his orders. Others blame Bradley for the team’s struggles in closing out games, and say good riddance.

From Seattle’s perspective, believe me, defensive players are sad to see Bradley go. He’s always positive, and one of the best motivators on the team. Bradley also was proactive in getting the best players on the field in the right situations, was a good listener in trying to understand what was going wrong on the field, and was unflappable in intense, adverse situations.

He will be missed. The Seahawks were lucky to have someone like Dan Quinn available to replace Bradley as defensive coordinator. But even though Quinn is a great coach in his own right, he’s not as dynamic of a leader as Bradley, so I believe there will be a void left by Bradley’s departure.

According to this report by Ryan O’Halloran of The Florida Times Union, Bradley hired another familiar name to be his offensive coordinator, Jedd Fisch, who served as Seattle’s quarterback coach in 2010. Fisch had moved on to work as the offensive coordinator for the University of Miami.

Bradley hired Bob Babich, a former Chicago Bears linebackers coach who worked with him at North Dakota State, to run his defense.

It looks like Seattle defensive line coach Todd Wash might stay put. Jacksonville’s defensive line coach Joe Cullen remains on the staff at this point.

O’Halloran asked Bradley at his introductory press conference what happened at the end of Seattle’s NFC Divisional playoff loss to Atlanta. And just as Pete Carroll said last week, Bradley said the Seahawks tried to bring pressure.

“We went for it,” Bradley said. “And I think in that situation I said, ‘Okay we can sit back. We can play loose cover-two, rush three and see what happens.’ And I think that time I said, ‘That’s not what we’re going to do. We’re going to go after them. We’re going to attack him (Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan) and that’s how we were going to go.’

“As I look back at it do I have any regrets? No, I’d do the same thing. That’s Matt Ryan back there, and I know if he has time he has a great chance to be successful. So if we had that chance again we’re going to do it again now.”

You can judge for yourself by watching the final two plays in this video link.

John McGrath of The News Tribune writes that today is the best day in the NFL season, with NFC and AFC title games on tap. Atlanta hosts San Francisco at noon Pacific time in the NFC title game, and Baltimore travels to New England for the AFC title game at 3:30.

KJR’s Dave “Softy” Mahler makes the mistake of giving Seahawks offensive lineman John Moffitt an open microphone. Listen to the car wreck here.

Brian Costello of the New York Post writes that new Jets general manager John Idzik could target Tarvaris Jackson in free agency because he’s cheap, and the Jets are way over the cap.

Dan Pomei writing for the National Football Post provides a nice rundown of some of the changes the Senior Bowl has made to put out a better product, along with the top prospects to watch for next week.

Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com provides the list of 73 underclassmen who have declared for this year’s draft.

Dan Brugler of NFLDraftScout.com provides a list of the top performers from the East-West Shrine game.

Morning links
  1. I find it hard to believe that Atlanta will score above 20 points today (unless Kapernick turns the ball over several times). Their running game is terrible and Matt Ryan will deliver a few freebies. The Falcons Offense generally has a tough time against the legitimate better Defenses in the NFL.

It’s hard for me to predict Kapernick today. Stopping these one read and throw QBs like he and RG3 always seem to be more difficult than it appears because they are threats to score a TD from anywhere at anytime.

But be prepared for everyone’s favorite former PAC 10 coach who champions a strong Defense, a running QB and a strong running game to hoist that Lombardi in 2 weeks.

2. NWPoseidon says:

Cooper Taylor sounds intriguing as a third safety..,

3. I’m glad to see Todd Wash (and hopefully Norton, Richard, and Seto) staying put to work with Dan Quinn. This D needs continuity, not more change, and Quinn is the right guy to keep this going. The fourth year of this team rebuild is going to the one that puts us over the top!

4. bite your tongue, pabs. If a Harbaugh hoists the lombardi tropy, let it be John.

5. Ewalters7354 says:

Funny how you bring pressure and still give Matt Ryan time smh.I can only hope Dan Quinn does a better job.

6. Can someone help me out?I’ve been thinking of how we could get another DE (like oui) and get Bruce Irwin on the field at the same time.Could Bruce Irwin play L olb if they let Hill go?

7. Come on Stevos, is it that bad to watch a fellow NFC West team with the SB? We all know the NFC West is the best division in football. Time to go earn it.

If the 49ers win the SB, I would think that the first game of the 2013 season would be Seattle at SF.

8. Think of it this way: If SF wins the SB and then next year we clean their clock twice during the regular season and once in the playoffs (they’ll visit us since they will be the wild card team) and then we clean their clock again on our way to a dominating win in the SB…how sweet would that be? Hey, it could happen!

9. I like that thinking. But I don’t really think there is such as thing as Seattle ever winning dominating playoff games away from Seattle. They will always be close games.

It’s rare any team wins dominantly away from home, in the playoffs.

The idea of Jim Harbaugh winning the Super Bowl is as unappealing as it gets, for me. This isn’t like a fellow Pac 12 team in a BCS game that makes the whole conference (division in this case) look better. I wish for every NFC West team to lose always, unless a victory directly helped the ‘Hawks. And it’s especially so with that douche in the Bay. That’s just me.

BTW, Shahid Khan looks like he ought to be a magician. What a fun look he has going.

12. From the shrine game article there were a few interesting guys that SOUND like they might be a fit for the hawks:

OLB Keith Pough, Howard (6016, 241 — West Team) “his aggressive and violent playing style was impressive. Pough’s physical attributes stand out, but so does his approach to the game. He brings a non-stop motor and competitive attitude to the defense, regardless if it’s practice or a game”

But he doesn’t seem to be that fast

S Cooper Taylor, Richmond (6042, 229 — East Team)
    . With his size and strength, he is an enforcer against the run but he also showed the range and athleticism to be effective in coverage as well as the football intelligence to digest a lot of coaching all at once. Taylor routinely drew praise from the coaching staff during drills and often made the calls to get his teammates in proper position.

But would probably be behind Earl and not Kam

S Earl Wolff, NC State (5111, 206 — East Team)
    it was tough to ignore the impact he made on the field. He showed good plant-and-drive quickness to diagnose the play and attack ballcarriers in front of him. Wolff also displayed the athleticism and footwork to hold up in man coverage, lining up in the slot and gaining proper body position to knock down passes.

OLB Sio Moore, Connecticut (6006, 240 — East Team)
    He was a versatile performer in college with good production as a hybrid linebacker for the Huskies, not looking out of place when asked to play in space against either the run or pass. Even in non-contact drills, Moore’s competitive drive and explosive hitting ability were evident, and he will likely earn a top-100 grade from more than a few NFL teams.

Those were the ones that stuck out to me

Following the 49ers pattern this year, ( two wins, one loss. two wins, one loss. ect ) I’m going with the Falcons. Besides I want Tony G to retire. He just killed us last game. Lol.

Eric, Moffitt a car wreck? Hell with that, he need his own radio show far as I’m concerned. lol Let’s get him on SiriusXM and let him run wild.

15. I agree with Duke, when Arizona played in the Super Bowl I even rooted for the darn Steelers, that’s how much I didn’t want the Cardinals to win. It’s been a week, and that loss still hurts so, so much I’m not even that excited for today, at least not the NFC Championship game, I have a feeling the Whiners will dominate. All I want for Christmas is an AFC victor this year, even if it is the Patriots.

16. A dreadful thought indeed to envision Harbaugh becoming more arrogant to win it all. Have to agree with with Stevos and Dukeshire! Would love to see him and 40-whiners get whooped. Since out defense folded despite, Russell’s magnificent comeback, I haven’t been able to watch any coverage..too much Kaepernick and Ice hype, but would gladly be for Atl before SF. Need to win the west next year like PC said to gain the edge!

The 49ers were playing a crappy defense at home last week. I would be surprised if they scored on the road like that against Atlanta, especially if the Falcons fans can generate anything close to the noise that us Seahawk fans create.

Take that 49ers!!!

19. ABSF – Anyone but the 49′ers.

20. If our run defense played as well as SF’s is so far it would NOT have been a game at all last week!!

You know it’s a good sign if you can take out a security guard on your way to kicking 49er butt.

22. ATL has to keep playing this way for another 3 Quarters AND 1:49.

23. Ewalters7354 says:

This is the most depressing game to watch knowing we should be in this.I really don’t care who wins.I’m only watching because I love football.

24. Ewalters7354 says:

Btw, great catch!

25. You know what? I love watching the 9ers get whooped just as much as I love to see the Hawks win, now Falcons DON’T FALL ASLEEP!!!

Loving this game. Harbaugh can eat a big bowl of d…s. Go Atl. Then prepare to get rolled agains either NE or Balt. Lol

27. edstang45 says:

Love seeing this…wasn’t going to watch but I like seeing the 49ers getting spanked…..Go Hawks

28. Our roster is in pretty good shape. Our only free agent starters are Allan Branch, Leroy Hill and Steven Hauschka. Any of these guys you would franchise? Probably not, maybe Haushka. If you wanted to make sure he stayed in Seattle the franchise amount on kickers is not very high.

29. I love what Miller did for us – but if they let Davis go off Atl is in trouble

30. Seahawks22360 says:

It might just be me but it seems like it was poor judgement on Bradley’s part to take that interview the eve of the game. I would have much rather have seen him take the route of Roman and Mcdaniels, basically blowing all that talk off till after the season. To me that’s just not being focused. Sickening to to watch this game, knowing we should be playing.

31. OregonHawk says:

Superbowl winners usually have a big target painted on them by the rest of the NFL.

Usually their is more discord in the locker rooms and the players get big heads.

32. Looks like they didn’t learn anything from last week…

This game is far from over, however let’s at least have some pride for our NFC. No one from the NFC will get rolled by either NE or BALT this year. Imo, Lol.

34. Looks like the niners figure out Atl far faster than Seattle did. BOOOO

35. Atlanta must be winning, but the Whiners are coming back based on your comments? I refuse to watch this game. I’ll watch the next one since I bet on it (I don’t bet more than a few times per season, first time this year, but needed to make the game more “enjoyable” to watch). If the Whiners are losing in the 4th though, I’m sure I’ll turn it on.

36. Alot of talk about trading Flynn, but I wonder if Alex Smith will be available this off season? it would be interesting to see who (Flynn or Smith) would fetch more in a trade.

37. Atlanta beating SF 24-14 heading into the half (:15 left actually).

I must really hate the 49ers if I prefer the team that beat Seattle!

38. I hear ya, blocis. Agreed.

Defense is all but dead in the league, it seems. You get two good teams and the only way you can stop anyone is a sack or penalty. Well done Goddell, your dream is coming true.

One thing I have to say about Falcon fans that I have been in contact with since they beat us last week. For the most part they feel lucky to have won that game. Two- they are very impressed with Wilson and our team overall, and our future.
    They seem to think their future is now, however our future is for years to come.

41. Come on’ ATL D!

42. Pabuwal, no need to anoint the damn Niners when they haven’t done anything yet. So far, all they’ve done is go as far with Kaepernick as they did with Smith last year. Hate the Niners and Harbaugh, would rather see Brady and Belichick win it all.

43. Yeah Duke, not a lot of low scoring football when two teams are playing well in the playoffs, sad really. I love a shootout as much as the next man, but high scoring games just aren’t as exciting when they happen every damn week.

44. and the collapse begins -ARG

45. WTF – no pressure on Kap, and who’s covering Davis? Falcon idiots.

46. the iceman delivereth’

47. There is an extra demoralizing element when someone from your division wins it all. It makes winning the division and therefore home field advantage that much harder. Akers misses again…Doink!

48. Yeah – Defense doesn’t win championships anymore – you have to be able to score.

Your defense has to be able to get a few keeps stops or turnovers, but in Todays NFL, you have to be able to move the ball and score, against ANY defense

A few stops…? There have been no punts in this game! Lol

50. I can’t say I am impressed with the staff Gus B. is putting together.

51. What is with the STUPID “you are posting too quickly” errors!!!!

52. Duke yes there has! SF punted the first 2 times on the field

53. what a BS roughing call! have a little frkking discretion..

54. That was the same call that Earl got earlier in the year – right call by the ref – HORRIBLE rule

55. yeh, X, you are right about that..terrible rule; no wonder there isn’t any defense, they aren’t allowed to make plays anymore.

56. Interesting DE prospect, but may need some time to develop…..

X – You’re right, calm down. In my defense, I didn’t get to the game until 10 min in the first quarter. In any case…

58. Duke – just getting pissed that ATL is pulling the collapse again!!!

The Seahawks are clearly helping SF in this game.

1. Kap is handling the noise better this week than he did in Seattle – may not be as loud but they have clearly put some things in to help him (hand signals and such)

2. SF has gone early and often to the soft spots that the Hawks exposed in the 2nd half last week

I don’t like that one bit

59. sluggo42 says:

omg – that was the best Harbarf meltdown iver ever seen.. waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

60. is harbaugh the most pathetic example of a leader or what?

61. The more I watch of him moan and act like a little bish on the sideline, the more I hate him. What a douche.

62. sluggo42 says:

total PI

63. Why didn’t he hit Gonzo…

X – me too. Lol. Co-lapse.

65. Oh, that’s why lol.

66. Could have been flags on BOTH of the last 2 plays by Atl. Ryan got hit IN THE HEAD, and it was potentially beyond 5 yards for illegal contact – but clearly held

67. sluggo42 says:

rats, thats the game

68. sluggo42 says:

Mattie is way hurt

69. I think Seattle could have beaten S.F. Today. Sigh.

70. I hope the Ravens/Pats stomp all over the Whiners, can’t stand them.

71. OMG.. all that Kaepernick sh-ta-s hype coming…aggghh, can’t stand it and that smug, arrogant harbaugh… what a drag!

I just don’t see New England or Baltimore beating the 49ers. I hope I am wrong but the two best teams this year, imo are the Seahawks and niners.
    Two bad the Falcons couldn’t get this win.

73. That’s how you close out a game and reward an offense for one of the great road playoff comebacks in NFL history. The 49ers contested everything on that last drive. No freebies.

The 49ers were just 1/2 game better than the Seahawks in the regular game and just that small margin better than Seattle against the Falcons.

74. DeBartolo “they did it with class” BAHAHAHAHAHA

I am now going to rewatch the game that means the most to me this year. The last Seahawk 49er game this year.

Please weaker AFC, pull the upset! Somehow I hope!

76. Give Belichick 2 weeks to prepare against anyone, and they have a chance. Plus, I wouldn’t bet against Brady.

77. NE was 1-3 against the NFC West. Brady threw most of his INTs against the NFC West and in just 4 games.

NFC West = Best division in the NFL for the first time this Century! !

78. psoundpowerhouse says:

Shame on Seattle’s D.
    Whose to say, Seattle was gonna fire Bradley’s ass after HIS defense was ill prepared in the biggest game of their season?
    If I was Allen I’d be pissed he was entertaining “other jobs” while his team was 3 games from a World Championship.

79. Both potential match ups will be interesting for the superbowl

1. The brothers

or

2. the douche bags – who unfortunately win a ton

80. Bradley wasn’t getting fired!

and the team gave him permission to talk – so if you want to get mad get mad at Pete and John and Paul – they have to give the approval for him to talk to them while they are still playing!

81. psoundpowerhouse says:

You just figured it out.

82. Pabuwal, we all know that our division was the best in the league. I still feel we’re better than the Niners, and it really stings that they were one tie game better than us and now they get to represent our conference in the Super Bowl. I don’t know about you man, but I’m going to root for the Niners to lose until the death.
    Brady still moved the ball well against 3 out of 4 NFC West teams and almost came back against the Niners the last time they played. I don’t think the Patriots will fumble that many times again.
    I don’t understand how anyone could root for Harbaugh, he’s such an arrogant jerk.

83. The Seahawks weren’t better than the 49ers this year. The 49ers knew how to close road games and the Seahawks didn’t. It’s been a problem for the past 2 years.

Road playoff winners almost always have to make that closing stop. If they can’t, then they just weren’t good enough. The Seahawks were fortunate that RG3 was as hurt as he was. Otherwise, I doubt they win that game.

84. Unfortunately Pabs is right – it’s crazy how the #1 scoring defense can let us down like they did.

If we were better than SF we would have finished higher than them in the regular season OR go farther than them in the play-offs.

Here is to hoping that the Twins (PC/JS) continue to find gold and we do in fact move past them next year.

What I am worried about is our division being soo tough – look at what Balt and Pitt have done to each other for the better part of a decade – they are pretty beat up by the end of the season (with Cincy upstarting every so often)

pabuwal has the most passive-aggressive takes against the Seahawks of anyone I have ever known. My god, Atlanta handed this game to SF just as they did to Seattle. Of course, SF situational football was far better than Seattle’s, and they won as a result.

No matter the GM, HC, coordinators, players (Wilson aside), the individual wins…you seem to find fault with it all. My god you are an unhappy fellow. And quite myopic.

And to be clear, part of that “situational foorball” includes kicking FGs.

87. Duke I agree with you but your comment about Myopic and then bringing up the FG’s made me chuckle!

88. The difference was SF’s Defense closed and Seattle’s Defense couldn’t.

You seem as surprised by that as you were on the ascension of Russell Wilson and Kaepernick this year – 2 QBs you thought weren’t all that good as late as November. The Defense is now Seattle’s weakness.

Enjoy your Harbaugh Super Bowl victory. I could care less. I just call it as I see it.

89. Very true xcman.

90. Boy, those 49er fans are keeping it classy…stabbing a falcon fan after the game outside the dome

91. More proof the NFL doesn’t like defense – the Helmet to helmet call on Lewis in the first quarter. He went waist level low – Hernandez lowers his helmet and the call goes on the defense

I’m on the “ascension” of Kaepernick? No, I am not, but nice misquote, yet again. That is, when have I ever complimented him? I’ll wait…

Seattle’s defense is their weakness? You are either a fool of fail to grasp the game in general. Let me ask you one simple queation: do you support Carroll’s decision to go for it on 4th and 1 from the 11, in the second quarter of the Atl / Sea game last week? Yes or No…

question…

94. I really have no opinion on Carroll going for it. If he feels he needs to coach aggressively, then so be it. A more conservative coach would have kicked that FG and then played for a FG to tie the game at the end. You won’t admit that but most people will.

Let me ask you one simple queation: were you in anyway surprised that the season ended with the Seahawks blowing a lead?

You have no opinion…? You sir, are a liar. I am totally done with you and your bullshit. Good riddance to you and your comments.

To answer your question: yes. Yes, I was surprised the season ended the way it did. Moron…

97. The over/under on Duke’s BAC level is 0.15.

It’s my tolerance for your nonsense that has reached the limit.

99. “The difference was SF’s Defense closed and Seattle’s Defense couldn’t.”

And why? Because the 49ers D is experienced and in their prime, while the Seahawks are still very young.

DE Smith 33

CB Sherman 24
    CB Browner 28
    S Chancellor 24
    S Thomas 23

avg age = 25
    avg exp = 3 seasons

And the Seahawks D is better than SF was 3 years ago. They simply are not in their prime yet.

100. letsworkitout says:

Sad statement as a human being to be so hateful towards a team when the home team is out of it. You sound childish with the name calling and hate. Grow up man. Root for the home team but don’t sound like a jackwagon by screaming how you wish anything but another divisional team advance.

101. I will scream I don’t want SF to win it all!!!! Can’t stand them – mainly Harbaugh, but that is my peragotive!!

102. Speaking of Defense – how is it every year NE doens’t have a defense and then we get into the playoffs and BOOM they have enough of one to be competitive in EVERY game if they don’t win it

103. letsworkitout says:

Yes it is your peragotive, but so long as you know you sound like a jack as# doing so.

104. The 49ers were a more experienced team than the Seahawks in 2012, not more talented, but better. And, I maintain my prerogative to punch Jim Harbaugh right in the kisser if I ever get the chance.

Stevos- Perhaps the Ravens will get that chance.

106. Wow, even in the off season the blog is hot!

Having to watch the 49ers win is making everyone chippy.

107. You with the “lets work it out ” moniker calling people out Classic JA behavior there. Just because you like SF doesn’t mean everyone else has to.

108. I will not concede and never will that the Niners were better this year. Even if they win the Super Bowl. Is it the Seahawks’ fault that the Rams blew a game winning field goal and ended in a tie with the Niners? That’s what separated the two teams, a 1/2 game. And they came back and beat an Atlanta team that we should have also.
    If we meet them today, who knows what happens? I think it’s pretty weak sauce that die hard fans are willing to concede their hated rivals are better so easily. You know that we get no sportsmanship points, right? That’s why we’re die hard fans, we will support our team and our team only until the death. Am I right or am I right?
    Don’t care what anyone else thinks on this blog, the Niners are not better and there is no way you can prove that they are. The last time they met, I remember us crushing them…same team, same players.
    Watching Harbaugh and them celebrate made me throw up in my mouth.

CCVI- Oh we’re better. I have proof, I just finished watching our last game with them. For the tenth time.

Go Hawks!!!

110. ok I will bite CCVI:

No – but it is the Seahawks fault that that we actually lost to the Rams.

And they came back and beat an Atlanta team that we should have also

Should have and didn’t – still angry

we will support our team and our team only until the death

Nobody is supporting other teams – when we were 5-11 – was supporting them but saying other teams weren’t better at the time us just plain stupid – sorry

. . . Niners were better this year. Even if they win the Super Bowl

By Definition they are – they won when they had to, we didn’t

Watching Harbaugh and them celebrate made me throw up in my mouth.

On this I think we ALL agree!!!!!!

Looks like there’s a good chance for a HarBowl this year. I hope big brother spanks Jim.

112. Georgia – Trudat!! I think the antics are little brother syndrome

xcman- You may be on to something. I remember, ( when I was a kid ) my older brother tried to hold me down and give me a version of the Chinese water torture. Fortunately his patience ran out and he ended up just pouring the water on my face. Lol.

Could it be that’s how I ended up on this blog?

114. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

i just became a ravens fan for the Superbowl

115. Go Ravens now!.. as for the Seahwawks- we got better over the course of the year with RW’s development. I think we are the better team now vs the whiner’s and the last Seattle game proved that, and even with our defensive woes, whose to say who would have won that last meeting, had we met them, again, however, losing Clemons, did disadvantage our rushing significantly..
    And seeing Harbaugh celebrate…major nausea!.. Go big brother, go!

The most somber lockerroom for a championship team I’ve ever seen. Weird…

117. vichawkfan says:

Go Ravens!

118. bsinnitt says:

Well, get ready for the Harbaugh super bowl media blitz. I know I for one will be avoiding ESPN and NFLN for the next two weeks until the actual game is on. I’ll be rooting for the Ravens as I’m sure most here will be. Hopefully little bro takes it in the shorts. The only silver lining if the 9ers win is that it may provide reason for some of their aging players to hang it up sooner. Not that I don’t think the Hawks will take back the div next year regardless but if the path is made easier then I won’t be complaining.

119. tealskin says:

May the force be with the “good” Harbaugh.

120. raymaines says:

In the last few weeks I’ve allowed myself to be negative and cheer against teams rather than simply cheer for the Seahawks. I’ll always be OK with hoping the 49ers loose if it works in the Seahawks favor, but I let it go too far.

Now I find myself in a funny situation. In the 1950′s and ’60 the Baltimore Colts were my favorite team and the 49ers were a close second. The Ravens aren’t the Colts, but I love RAY Rice, RAY Lewis, and the RAYvins. Still, the 49ers are NFC brothers and picking last in the draft has to be better for the ‘Hawks than picking next to last.

Right now I really don’t know who to cheer for in the Superbowl.

121. Late to the party, and glad for all that. A couple folks here need to shut up and go home, and have for days. One more than the other. But it wont happen.

Not that Ive ever been over the top and overly aggressive..oh no, not me…

There is no way to tell emphatically who was the better team at the end of the season; Seattle or the Niners. They didnt get to play. Obviously, Seattle would have had a great chance to win the Super Bowl had they finished vs the Falcons. But the fact remains they didnt.

The coaching staff failed miserably most of the first half, and in the end, the players couldnt do their assignment. The routes Ryan completed on that final drive were High School…

The best part is Seattle is moving forward, getting better. This feels even better than 2004. I think next year will be great, and Im tired off too many assholes ripping into each other over ego and split hairs.

Jesus, you’d think we went 2-14 this year or something…

122. bsinnitt says:

On a lighter note, does Shad Kahn look like a used car salesman who just unloaded a Ford Pinto in that photo or is it just me?

123. sluggo42 says:

I threw up too…. in my pants!

124. guywhothinksheknowsitall says:

If admitting the truth makes me not a true fan then shoot me. The 49ers are in the superbowl because their defense held the Falcons when they needed to preserve the win. We are out of the superbowl because our defense did not hold the Falcons. These are facts and the reasons why the 49ers are better than the Seahawks… this year…

I was thiking Kahn looks more like he should be in the next Pirates of the Carribean movie. ;)

125. CDHawkFan says:

2 points;

The Falcons drove down to the San Fran 10 or so at the end of the game, so if all they needed was a FG to win the game vs San Fran, well they would have.

Also, end of the 2nd Quarter, the Falcons drove 80 yards in 1:30 to score a TD.

I am not willing to say the San Fran D ‘won’ the game yesterday. They had a 4 point lead, and they also let the Falcons put a drive together at the end of a half. Did they make a stop, yes, but so did the Seattle D with Earl’s INT, and the 3 and out to give us the ball back with 3 min.

Seems like San Fran really benefited from the Hawks game tape, they used Davis well and didn’t over commit to the run.

While Kap looks pretty good, great arm, he does seem to lock onto his recievers, maybe I am bias.

126. Ewalters7354 says:

All I know is this, if you barely beat a team the first game and get blown out the second, that shows who’s the better team.Of course the niners got a stop.Mainly because the Falcons need a td more so than their defense. Had they needed a field goal, we wouldn’t be having this convo.I also remember Matt Ryan getting banged up close to the end.Just saying…

127. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

i will be glad when the season is over and we can start talking draft/free agency. we sure as hell aren’t getting anywhere with this subject.

I don’t know what Scott meant by the Seahawks having to play Atlanta at 7am west coast time, however 10am is early enough and I hope the NFL does away with this kind of scheduling, ( like they already have been talking about ) for good this year.

129. sluggo42 says:

Ya, the main trouble with off-season is a lack of topics, and threads degenerate quickly into personal attacks and the typical snipping, like a pack of hyenas, all trying to get a full belly off one skinny rabbit.

Don’t be the bitter hyena!

130. Ewalters7354 says:

Sluggo,people have been on this blog offseason after offseason.At least we are discussing football.The hell with the personal attacks.That cannot be avoided.If you guys are so much better, cool.But throwing slangs like you iust did are the very things that may start the craziness.

Check yourself sir!

131. yakimahawk says:

“The Herd on ESPN” reports Russell Wilsons Agent/Representative asking Seahawks for a new contract. Did not think rookies could re-negotiate for 3 years. Any comments?

132. A couple folks here need to shut up and go home, and have for days. One more than the other. But it wont happen.

If you want me to go away – buy the TNT and kick me off the blog – if not – get a life

133. Yakima – that is my understanding as well, but to be honest not POSITIVE if that is true or not, with the new CBA.

134. Okay found an article that confirms

“All drafted players must now sign four-year contracts, eliminating the entire category of the fourth-year restricted free agent. Further, there are no renegotiations of rookie contracts until after a player’s third year, removing any holdout possibilities for a high-performing young player before his fourth year. ‘

Found it here: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7929748/nfl-bad-time-rookie

135. yakimahawk says:

Thanks xcman!

136. seahawk44 says:

Curious ….. does anyone know if Richard Sherman or any other pro bowl alternates will now be playing in the pro bowl?

137. xcman–I have no problem with you, nor your comments. My comment had nothing to do with you. That is all I am going to say about it, as I do not want to get dragged down into namecalling and personal attacks by other people. As it is, I probably said too much.