Ruvell Martin added again

Post by Dave Boling / The News Tribune on Nov. 13, 2010 at 3:21 pm with 14 Comments »
November 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Here’s the Hawks release on the latest roster juggling:

Renton, Wash. – The Seattle Seahawks signed wide receiver Ruvell Martin, the team announced today. To make room, the club released defensive tackle Frank Okam. Martin participated in training camp with Seattle before being released on September 4. The Seahawks resigned Martin on November 3 and was released on November 6. Okam signed with Seattle on November 2.

Released Okam? He must have really been awful considering they have next to nothing behind Siavii and Balmer right now. Welcome back for a third time Ruvell.

2. Soggybuc says:

Think we should nickname him Yo-Yo.

3. don’t you wish we had something to blog about today besides Ruvell Martin and injured offensive linemen?

:-/

4. We could talk about how bad our offensive line has been:)

Lol. It makes me yearn for the outlandish off-season FA / draft scenario threads… Well, maybe not.

6. Dave Boling says:

Other topics? Doesn’t this seem like a hugely important game, especially since the Cards have such a cushy schedule the rest of the way?

Do you wonder how much the return of Mebane will help offset the absence of Red Bryant? (Incidentally, the post-surgical Bryant looked in good spirits in the locker room on crutches this week).

Could Ruvell be important on special teams given the nature of the Cards’ return teams with Stephens-Howling?

As for a teaser, I think you might be interested in a column I’ve filed for tomorrow morning on Chester Pitts. The guy has a great story and tells it very articulately. It’s a story I wanted to write much earlier, but, as you recall, that was when the linemen weren’t talking. His return to the field after that knee injury has been remarkable. And the line, in general, is once again a crucial factor in how the Hawks fare against the Cards.

There’s no question for the immediate future / success of this team, this is a huge game. (Seattle hasn’t won in Arizona since ’05, BTW.) In the larger, rebuilding picture, it means very little. But in terms of a playoff push, it’s as close to a must win in early November as one can have.

And beyond the Cards schedule, Seattle travels to NO next week and could easily be 4-6 should they lose tomorrow. Yes Dave, it’s a very important game.

Thanks for the Red update. He’s becoming one of my favorite players. Not simply for his play but more for his attitude. Every clip I see of him on the sideline, he’s pumping people up, very positive, emotional.

But for Mebane; there’s no question his interior presence is critical. Especially facing the two teams they have coming up; Ariz, NO. Both love to run inside, and both offenses are a shadow of themselves when they aren’t able to run it. The effect is felt all the way back to Thomas when the d line plays effectively. He will help offset Red’s absence, but really it will be up to Balmer to mitigate his loss, and he has no where to go but up after last week’s effort. He simply has to hold the point, otherwise Curry and Milloy will be required to set an edge and that has proved to be unsuccessful.

Ruvell’s going to be active tomorrow? I’ll believe it when I see it. ;) Roy Lewis… need a big day brother.

Thanks Dave!

8. Big Dave to the Blog Rescue! Huzzah!

I’m very curious to see how Mebane changes the equation. With Mebane out for a few games, Cole suddenly looked hugely valuable inside, along with Red all over the place. With Cole out and Mebane in next to Siavii, I would think the interior will be very well tended, and maybe we can get some of that interior pass rush going again? I believe our D should have a good game, even without Red.

But our offense… oh, our offensive offense… I don’t know if I can bear to watch.

Thanks much, Dave, for the Pitts story! After BMW, Chester is the best story on this team right now!

9. Dave…
    Very big game for us…. Ariz is pretty much gone from the division if we beat them and of course, there’s ‘another’ division game with a winner and a fall further behind loser…. From a playoff perspective, this game is Key….
    Yes, there are more games, but on the road, division game… tie breakers, eliminate a division team…. At least one other team has to win and keep pace… Lose and you lose ground to 2 teams ..
    Big Game for the playoff picture…….

10. W = we all feel good again and focus on the present and our chances moving forward.

L = many give up on the season and the draft and free agency talk heats up.

11. Duke just wants the weekend games over so the new power rankings come out!

12. GriffinNW says:

Aside from being a division game, this could be our season on the line in my opinion.
    I know a lot of people think we are better than we actually are…but these next few we weeks could easily hve us shifting our focus from the season to our draft position, like Bobby says.
    @NO- I don’t see how we can steal this game. Even at home I don’t think we could. We need more healthy talent.
    V KC- at home, but I don’t know… this is a pretty good KC team in my opinion that could jump on us early like everyone seems to do.
    By the time we face CAR the season could already be out of reach, especially with basically everyone in the division clicking and playing better than we are.
    Hope to see at least a split in these next 2 games. I wouldn’t mind being thrown on tilt with +ack to Back wins

13. Dave: Great article on Pitts!!!! Thx!!!