Here are the Pac-12 power rankings that will publish in tomorrow’s newspaper …
(Last week’s rank in parentheses)
1. Stanford (2) – Two years, two upsets of Oregon. What’s next? Beating Utah?
2. Oregon (1) – Exposed again by physical Cardinal. BCS bowl still attainable.
3. USC (4) – Wonder if Pat Haden wishes he could start season over with Ed Orgeron?
4. Arizona State (3) – Almost choked at Utah. Almost.
5. UCLA (5) – Huge game for Bruins against UW in terms of Pac-12 South implications.
6. Washington (6) – Huge game for Huskies against Bruins in terms of salvaging the season.
7. Oregon State (8) – Will Beavers be further exposed in Tempe?
8. Arizona (7) – Ka’Deem Carey vs. Bishop Sankey for Pac-12 rushing title. Who you got?
9. Utah (9) – A trio of tough home losses for Utes this season.
10. Washington State (12) – Cougars move up two spots by virtue of awful performances by teams below them.
11. California (11) – Bears’ terrible loss to USC slightly less terrible than Colorado’s terrible loss to Huskies.
12. Colorado (10) – Coach Mike MacIntyre said Buffaloes missed 37 tackles at UW. Is that all?
Christian Caple can be reached at email@example.com. Twitter: @ChristianCaple