Arizona’s Kyle Fogg joins Jared Cunnigham as the second player to be named Pac-12 player of the week twice this season. Fogg averaged 18 points in a sweep of USC and UCLA, including the game-winning shot against the Bruins.
From the press release …
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. — ARIZONA guard Kyle Fogg has been named Bank of the West Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week for Feb. 20-26, Commissioner Larry Scott announced Monday.
The senior guided Arizona to a home sweep of USC and UCLA last week, bringing the Wildcats to eight wins in their last 10 contests. On Thursday, Fogg grabbed a career-high 12 rebounds, scored 16 points and added two assists en route toArizona’s 70-54 victory over the Trojans. It was Fogg’s second double-double of the season and Arizona’s 20th win on the 2011-12 campaign.
Against UCLA on Saturday, the Brea, Calif., native posted game highs of 20 points and nine rebounds in the 65-63 win at McKale Center. He scored 16 of those 20 points in the final 9:57 and drained a three-pointer with 0:53 left to cap a 17-7 Arizona run that gave the home team a six-point lead. Fogg’s 20-point game was his fifth of the season.
Over the two games, Fogg averaged 18.0 points on 10-of-23 (.435) field goal shooting, 4-of-10 (.400) three-point shooting and 12-of-16 (.750) shooting from the free throw line. He also contributed an average of 10.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists. Fogg performed on defense as well, allowing his primary defensive assignments to shoot 5-of-26 (.192) from the field and combine for 12 points over the two games.
This is Fogg’s second career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and the 84th all-time selection for Arizona. Fogg’s first Pac-12 weekly honor came earlier this month.
Arizona heads to Tempe to take on Arizona State in the hardwood version of the Duel in the Desert on Sunday, March 4 at 1:30 p.m. MT/12:30 p.m. PT.
Also Nominated: Garrett Sim, ORE; Chasson Randle, STAN; Byron Wesley, USC; Tony Wroten, WASH.
2011-12 Pac-12 Players of the Week
- Nov. 14 C.J. Wilcox, So., G, Washington
- Nov. 21 Jared Cunningham, Jr., G, Oregon State
- Nov. 28 Maurice Jones, So., G, USC
- Dec. 5 Solomon Hill, Jr., F, Arizona
- Dec. 12 Brock Motum, Jr. F, Washington State
- Dec. 19 Ahmad Starks, So., G, Oregon State
- Dec. 26 Solomon Hill, Jr., F, Arizona
- Jan. 2 Tony Wroten, Fr., G, Washington
- Jan. 9 Carlon Brown, Sr., G, Colorado
- Jan. 16 Terrence Ross, So., G, Washington
- Jan. 23 Faisal Aden, Sr., G, Washington State
- Jan. 30 Jared Cunningham, Jr., G, Oregon State
- Feb. 6 Kyle Fogg, Sr., G,, Arizona
- Feb. 13 E.J. Singler, Jr., F, Oregon
- Feb. 20 Justin Cobbs, So., G, California
- Feb. 27 Kyle Fogg, Sr., G,, Arizona