Low tides from Wednesday to Sunday may result in postponed trips for Pierce County ferry riders with large vehicles, such as RVs or vehicles pulling a trailer.
Such riders may be asked to wait for a later ferry during the low tides to accommodate load restrictions, though some large vehicles may be allowed, according to Pierce County.
Large vehicle restrictions are possible:
• Aug. 29: 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Aug. 30: 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Aug. 31: 10:20 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Sept. 1: 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Sept. 2: 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Riders can call the marine superintendent at (253) 588-5290 to check which ferry they should take during those times.
Pierce County ferry service goes between Steilacoom, Anderson Island and Ketron Island.