UPDATED at 12:36 p.m.
This week’s weather continues to take its toll on the area roads.
Among the problems:
* Both directions of state Route 16 across the Tacoma Narrow bridges are closed.
* A section of Pacific Avenue in the South End is closed.
In Puyallup, the following roads are closed.
* Shaw Road from 12th Avenue Southeast to 23rd Avenue Southeast.
* 23rd Avenue Southeast from Meridian to 7th Street Southeast.
* 31st Avenue Southeast between 13th Street and 17th Street Southeast.
* 15th Avenue Southwest between 9th Street Southwest and 12th Street Southwest.
* 16th Avenue Southeast between Shaw Road and 28th Street Southeast.
* South Sheridan Street in Tacoma is closed between South 63rd and 64th streets because of low-hanging power lines.
* Both directions of state Route 18 are closed from state Route 164 to Interstate 90.
* State Route 410 is closed east of Enumclaw.
* There are reports of standing water eastbound state Route 16 at the Nalley Valley Viaduct.
* Parts of state Route 161 (Meridian) and state Route 7 in Eatonville are closed.
* Pierce County road crews report that 50 roads are closed because of downed trees and lines. Another 61 areas have lane restrictions.