Driving through Tacoma this weekend? The state Department of Transportation issued this release regarding closures on Interstate 5 as construction work is done on new bridges for the Nalley Valley Project.
Motorists heading through Tacoma this weekend, Nov. 12 – 14, should plan ahead for closures on I-5 and several off-ramps near the interchange. The closures are necessary while crews construct new bridges for the I-5/SR 16 Westbound Nalley Valley Project.
Traffic impacts this weekend, Friday through Sunday, Nov. 12 -14, include:
· All lanes of northbound I-5 close at SR 16 Friday and Saturday from 11:59 p.m. to 7 a.m. Traffic detours via the City Center interchange, Exit 133.
· The ramp from northbound I-5 to westbound SR 16 closes Saturday from 1:30 to 3:30 a.m.
· The on-ramp from 38th Street to westbound SR 16 closes Saturday from 1:30 to 3:30 a.m.
· The ramp from southbound I-5 to 38th Street closes Friday from 11:59 p.m. to 8 a.m.; and Saturday from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
· The ramp from southbound I-5 to westbound SR 16 closes Friday from 11:59 p.m. to 8 a.m.; and Saturday from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
For the most up-to-date schedule for this project, please visit www.wsdot.wa.gov/Regions/Olympic/Construction/ .
The $184 million SR 16 Westbound Nalley Valley project started in January 2009, and is funded primarily by the 2003 gas-tax transportation-funding package. For more information about this project, visit http://www.tacomatraffic.com/.