Research for the TNT Diner Bar Burger Noshdown – where I’ll name the best bar burgers found in the South Sound – has been ongoing since June, but here’s your chance to pick at least one of the restaurants where I’ll dig into a delicious bar burger.
NOTE: This is your LAST CHANCE to vote. The poll closes on Wednesday Sept. 15.
It’s a closed poll so we don’t tip off the restaurant of a visit, but we’ll alert readers which of the bars was the reader choice when the TNT Diner Bar Burger Noshdown publishes this Fall.
Click “more” to see the nominees, and to vote.
Where do you think I should dine? Vote here. Links to nominees and the TNT Diner readers who nominated the bars are listed below. See details of the TNT Diner Bar Burger Noshdown below.
Which bar or tavern should TNT Diner visit for the TNT Diner Bar Burger Noshdown?
And the nominees are…..
1. Maxwell’s Restaurant and Lounge: Readers eagerK and BadCo13 voted for the Walker burger.
2. Crown Bar: TNT Diner reader Eric, via email, voted for the crispy onion burger.
3. The Hub: TNT Diner reader Eric, via email, also voted for the Hub Stump Jumper Burger and Bauer Smoky Burger.
4. Ben Dews Clubhouse: Meersman22 nominated the “organic hand-formed” burger.
5. The Right Spot: Reader Javadog54 recommended the hand-formed burgers.
6. Engine House No. 9: Reader Coooper2Steel nominated the “perfectly satisfying” grilled burger.
7. UP Station: Reader MikeBinUP nominated the “monster” hand-formed burger at UP Station.
8. Lakewood Pub & Grill: Reader agtoth nominated the grilled onion cheeseburger.
9. Beach Tavern: Reader eckinsoh nominated the bacon cheeseburger.
10. Shamrock Tavern: Reader LovetheTruth recommended.
11. Blazing Onion: Reader aBigMouthFul recommended the burger melt.
12. 2121 Tavern: Reader BlaineCGarver recommended.
13. Lucky Silver Tavern: Reader dutcherscover recommended.
TNT DINER BURGER NOSHDOWN DETAILS
How it works: I’ve been dining at bars, taverns and watering holes in search of perfect bar burgers. So long as the place has a bar and burgers are served in said bar, it qualifies. I’ll visit at least one reader nominated establishment that receives top votes (the location will not be revealed until the TNT Diner Bar Burger Noshdown is published this Fall).
Nominees: Sorry, folks, we’re not taking any more nominations. The bars, taverns and watering holes listed above are all nominations that came from TNT Diner readers.
What’s next: Research will be conducted over the next several weeks. Stay tuned for the bar burger report here and in the GO entertainment section.
The details:In my quest for the perfect bar burger, I’m looking for the quintessential burger find: A juicy, thick patty is paramount. Extra points will be given for hand-formed fresh beef patties a third of a pound or bigger, double extra points for flame-grilled burgers. And another bonus for a crunchy grilled bun. Make my condiments crisp, fresh veggies paired with gooey cheese and I call that burger heaven. House-made burger relish or spread? I’m a fan.
Your turn: What are your hallmarks for a perfect bar burger? Comment here, please.