The March of Dimes is looking for South Sound chefs to help with its Signature Chefs fundraiser. The celebrity chef dinner is Nov. 19 and chefs are needed to make a single, small dish for about 120 guests. Lesley Pregenzer, the South Puget Sound Division Director for March of Dimes, called me asking for chef suggestions. I scratched out a short list for her, but I’m curious who you think should be on her list. Now is the time to blatantly promote the chef of your choice. Nominate your boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend or your chef son.
Click “more” to find out what participating chefs must provide.
This info comes straight from organizer Lesley Pregenzer:
Signature Chefs 2009
The Chef/Restaurant agrees to provide the Signature Chefs Auction with:
• A sample signature dish for 120 guests.
• Donation of all food products needed to prepare the signature dish.
• Any necessary equipment and cooking supplies to prepare and serve your signature dish.
• An imaginative culinary auction package for a minimum of six (6) people, to be combined with additional components as needed.
• Decorations at your vignette. We will have an award for the kiosk that has the best decorations.
• Arrange with the winning bidder of your auction package a suitable date and time to hold the dining package.
• Attend the Signature Chefs Auction on Thursday, October 15th at the Indian Summer Golf Course.
• Work with the Health Department as needed.
In return for your generous contributions, the March of Dimes will provide:
• The Chef/Restaurant will have direct marketing exposure to 120 event guests through signage, menu distribution and recognition during the live program.
• The Chef/Restaurant will be acknowledged in all press releases issued to print and broadcast media and promotional materials including Invitations, Event Programs and Newspaper articles.
• The Chef/Restaurant will be included on a list provided to radio, television and print media for personal interviews.
• The Chef/Restaurant will be in the spotlight during the event and work directly with area business and community leaders.
• Recognition on our local website for 6 weeks prior to the event.