The second day of the Spring Fair is going to start off wet, but the show will go on. Here is a lineup of Friday’s noteworthy events:
· Military Appreciation Day: All active, reserve, and retired military and National Guard and their dependents, plus disabled veterans simply show their military ID at the gate, and receive free admission all day. Media partner 94.1 KMPS/102.5 KZOK
· Spectacular fireworks show at approximately 9 pm tonight
· Monster Truck Show, 7:30 p.m., separate ticketed event. Tickets available at the Fair Box Office or www.thefair.com
· Free pit party to see the monster trucks up close and meet the drivers from 4-6 p.m. tonight
· Ride on a Monster Truck for only $7 today, from 2-6 p.m.
· Visit Auto Alley, where dragsters, funny cars and more from Pacific Raceways will get your engine going – free
· KMPS Showcase featuring CURB Records’ up-and-coming duo American Young, 7:30 p.m. at Showplace Stage, free upon Fair gate admission
· The Coats, a capella group extraordinaire will be performing at 12:30, 3:30, and 5 p.m. at the Coca-Cola Stage today
· The Gothard Sisters perform today at the Showplace Stage, noon, 4 and 5 p.m.
· Aussie Kingdom: See baby wallaroos, sugar gliders and other “down under” critters at 1, 3, and 6 p.m. today
· Swifty Swine Pig Racing: Watch pigs race around the track for a coveted Oreo cookie. Heats at noon, 2, 3, 5 and 7 p.m. today
· DockDogs: Dogs will be leaping at 11 a.m., 12:30, 2, 4 and 6 p.m. today
· Paradosi Christian Ballet at 6:30 p.m. today, Coca-Cola Stage
· Garden Show: Marianne Binetti speaking about great planting ideas for easy gardens at 1 p.m. at the Garden Show Stage in Sleep Country ShowPlex
· Midway rides and rides for little ones
· Tempting Fair food: Scones, carmel apples, onion burgers and more.
Source: Spring Fair press release
Kari Plog: 253-597-8682