The Pierce County Council confirmed 15 appointees today to a new advisory committee for the flood-control zone district.
The panel will advise the district’s Board of Supervisors, which will meet July 11. The supervisors consist of the seven County Council members.
The 15 advisory committee members are:
• Bonney Lake Mayor Neil Johnson.
• Bryan Bowden, community outreach planner, Mount Rainier National Park.
• Lakewood City Council member Mike Brandstetter.
• Gig Harbor City Council member Tim Payne.
• Sumner City Council member Mike LeMaster.
• Orting Building Official Ken Wolfe.
• Fife City Council member Richard Godwin.
• Puyallup City Council member John Hopkins.
• Tacoma City Council member Ryan Mello.
• Port of Tacoma Commissioner Clare Petrich.
• Bill Sullivan, natural resources director, Puyallup Tribe of Indians.
• Tiffany Speir, executive officer, Master Builders Association of Pierce County.
• Battalion Chief Chuck West, Key Peninsula Fire Department.
• Dave Morell, owner of NGS Inc., a commercial specialty subcontracting company, in Puyallup.
• County Executive Pat McCarthy.
The County Council set up the committee with positions representing geographic areas and segments, such as a business or business association. Legislation stipulates that McCarthy appoint the panel. She or her designate also is a member of the committee.
The Board of Supervisors for the flood-control zone district will meet at 9 a.m. July 11 in the Council Chambers, County-City Building, 930 Tacoma Ave. S., Room 1045.