Pierce County residents who want to buy a bike, or have one to sell, should mark calendars for this Saturday.
The fourth annual Tacoma Bike Swap begins at 10 a.m. at the University of Puget Sound. Here’s what you need to know, from a news release issued by the City of Tacoma:
The fourth annual Tacoma Bike Swap springs into gear on Saturday, April 28 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the University of Puget Sound Memorial Fieldhouse (North 11th Street and Union Avenue). Vendors will be selling bikes and bike parts for all types of riding and for all age groups.
Highlights of the Bike Swap include:
- $7 adult and children’s helmets and free helmet fittings sponsored by Downtown on the Go and Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital Center for Childhood Safety.
- Free Intro to Bike Maintenance Clinic with REI at 11 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- A cycling themed fashion show at 11:30 a.m.
- Free flat repairs by Tacoma Bike.
- Bike registration in a national database.
Best of all – entrance to the Bike Swap is free to the public.
A few vendor spaces are still open; interested vendors need to register by emailing email@example.com. There is a small fee for indoor and outdoor vendor spaces.
Individuals who want to sell one or two bikes do not need to pre-register. They can just bring the bike and a lock and take advantage of the Bike Corral.
Even if you are not currently in the market for a bike, come on by to pick up great accessories, grab some lunch and enjoy the bicycle camaraderie at Pierce County’s largest bicycle event of the year. The Tacoma Bike Swap kicks off Bike Month 2012, which includes events throughout May, and is a collaborative effort of the City of Tacoma, Pierce Transit and Pierce County.