That’s the best community workshop name I’ve heard in years.
But wait, there’s more: Free Subway Sandwiches.
The Pierce County Asset Building Coalition will host Connect With Your Money from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday – Feb. 28 _ at Evergreen State College – Tacoma, 1210 Sixth Ave., Tacoma.
It’s billed as offering “financial answers for families struggling in today’s economy.”
Barb Gorzinski, one of the organizers says she’s excited by the line-up of speakers and services.
You can sit in on a talk on:
* Creating a spending plan and a saving strategy.
* Figuring out your credit scores, and improving it.
* Paying paying down your debt.
* Solving mortgage problems, and avoiding foreclosure.
* Talking calmly about family money matters.
* Teaching the kids good financial habits.
* Healthy ways to deal with stress if you have financial problems.
* Understanding tax credits.
For sheer fun, they’ll have a big shredder on site to eat your out-dated documents.
You do have to RSVP to 253-798-8787. That’s so they’ll know how many subs to order.