The Sounders are off the training pitch for another day. Here are some of the highlights:
* Brad Evans had an MRI on his knee, and coach Sigi Schmid said the club’s previous thoughts were largely confirmed: There’s no reason to rush Evans back for the friendly vs. Tottenham on Saturday, but he could be ready for the return to league play July 28.
* Schmid declined to say what is Evans’ most useful position with a fully healthy team. He said he’ll make the decision if/when he needs to.
* With that long break in league play, Schmid said he plans to use lots of regulars against Tottenham, if only to keep the club in rhythm.
* The Tottenham match will be played on the existing CenturyLink Field FieldTurf — no temporary grass pitch this time.
* Schmid mentioned that Tim Howard, Kasey Keller and Tottenham’s Brad Friedel are on the Mount Rushmore of USA goalkeeping. He was less clear on a pick for that third position.