Here was coach Sigi Schmid’s overview of Seattle’s 1-1 draw at Los Angeles tonight:
“Obviously we’re pleased to get a tie,” he said. “It’s a tough building to play in, and they’re a good team. We got the first goal. I think they had a little more of possession. … We had some very dangerous changes. … It’s what it is. It was an end-to-end game and I think it was a good game for the fans. Exciting game. It wasn’t always the best soccer.”
Schmid also said Clint Dempsey could be back next weekend against New York — although he added a “we’ll have to see.” He also said Steve Zakuani is available again, although probably not for long minutes.
Below, some notes from the club:
Postgame Notes: Seattle Sounders FC 1 at LA Galaxy 1
* Sounders FC remains first in the Supporters’ Shield race with 50 points, two points ahead of Real Salt Lake and the New York Red Bulls. Seattle has the most games remaining (6) in MLS.
* Sounders FC is unbeaten in its past six (5-0-1) outings, marking the longest active streak in MLS and tying Seattle’s longest streak of the season.
* The draw ended Seattle’s record five-game winning streak. Sounders FC has lost once in the past 11 (8-1-2) outings.
* Seattle is unbeaten in 47 (38-0-8) straight games when scoring first, marking the longest active stretch and second-longest stretch in MLS history.
* The draw marked Seattle’s first road point against the LA Galaxy since a scoreless draw on July 4, 2011. The Galaxy lead the all-time series at 3-5-3.
* Eddie Johnson scored his eighth MLS goal, tying the team lead. Johnson has scored four goals in his last five starts, including goals in his past three starts.
* Mauro Rosales recorded his 34th career MLS assist, tying Fredy Montero for the club record. Rosales leads Sounders FC with eight assists in 2013 (T-5th in MLS).
* Johnson and Rosales have connected for four goals in 2013. Rosales has assisted on 10 of Johnson’s 22 career goals scored for Sounders FC.
* The Galaxy’s goal in the 45th minute snapped Seattle’s 200-minute shutout streak. Sounders FC has allowed two goals in the past six games.
* Adam Moffat made his Sounders FC debut, replacing Andy Rose in the 65th minute. Sounders FC acquired Moffat on September 13.
* Steve Zakuani was included on the 18-man gameday roster for the first time since he started against the Colorado Rapids on April 20.