The Seattle Sounders FC and Alliance Council, comprised of Sounders FC member representatives, have approved a constitution and charter and now invite all season-ticket holders and Alliance members to submit a vote to approve. The documents and voting information are available at www.SoundersFC.com/Alliance.
The online voting will begin on Monday, November 28 at 3 p.m. (PT) and conclude on Monday, December 12 at 11:59 p.m. (PT). Similar to previous votes, there is one vote per season-ticket account.
The charter and constitution will be ratified if approved by at least a two-thirds majority of all legal votes cast by Alliance members.
The Alliance Council and representatives from the front office recognized the need for a governing document that outlines the rights, responsibilities and powers of the fans, the organization, the community, and the relationships between one another. The Alliance Council drafted the documentation which has been approved by the organization.
Highlights from the Sounders FC Alliance Constitution include:
* An annual business meeting for the Alliance to provide feedback to the club;
* Opportunity to commend or critique Club through member resolutions;
* Recognition of Supporters Groups as unique partner in the club’s success;
* Greater transparency in Alliance Council activities;
* Bylaws that govern Alliance operations.
Highlights from the Sounders FC Alliance Charter include:
* The right to decide on the retention of the Club’s General Manager via an Alliance-wide vote as scheduled by the Club, but not sooner than every four years;
* The right to decide, via methods determined by the Alliance, two of the Club’s charitable partners annually;
* The right to decide, via methods determined by the Alliance, matters regarding game-day experience;
* The right to decide other matters that primarily affect the fans’ and supporters’ game-day experience.
Membership in the Alliance is complimentary for season ticket holders, and non-season ticket holders can join the association for an annual fee of $125. Members receive voting privileges, a pin for years of membership, a membership card, discount at the team shop, information on matters relating to the association and the team, and an invitation to the annual meeting and season review highlight film premier.
For information on Sounders FC Members Association and Sounders FC season tickets please visit