Carroll: LB Bruce Irvin likely to be pass rushing for Seahawks tomorrow; “you’ll have to wait and see” if Earl Thomas returns punts

Post by Gregg Bell / The News Tribune on Sep. 3, 2014 at 12:49 pm with 116 Comments »
September 3, 2014 5:10 pm

UPDATE: The team just announced it has placed G/C Lemuel Jeanpierre, the backup to center Max Unger last season, on season-ending injured reserve with an unspecified neck injury. Wide receiver Phil Bates is now signed to the active roster. Bates was on the active roster following the final preseason cuts on Saturday. He then got waived Monday when Seattle added wide receiver and kick returner Bryan Walters to the active roster. Bates cleared league waivers yesterday.

The Seahawks now have a whopping eight wide receivers on their 53-man roster: Paul Richardson, Percy Harvin, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Walters, Kevin Norwood, Ricardo Lockette and now Bates.

The Seahawks are finished with their walk-through practice the day before the NFL opener against Green Bay at CenturyLink Field, coach Pete Carroll says pass-rush LB Bruce Irvin is probable to play five days after he returned from hip surgery and WR/PR/KR Bryan Walters will be active for the game three days after the team re-signed him.

Asked if Earl Thomas will return every punt tomorrow night, Carroll smiled and said, “You’ll have to wait and see.”

Then the coach smiled again.

My sense is that Thomas, who hasn’t returned punts in a real game since his final year at the University of Texas in 2009, will be something of a “situational” punt returner and that Walters will get the more routine chances. Like a platoon at a position in baseball. Say, perhaps, Thomas when the Seahawks need a big return late in the half or the game, or when he has a chance to swing field position in the middle of the field, such as a punt from the Packers 20 — and then Walters when Green Bay is punting from deep in its own end and a fair catch would still get Seattle the ball at midfield.

–Asked what he expects from RB Marshawn Lynch vs the Packers, Carroll said: “Let it rip. He’s ready to go” The coach reiterated for about the sixth time this summer that Lynch is in the best shape and running the fastest he has in his five seasons with the Seahawks.

–Carroll said he expects CB Jeremy Lane, who missed last week with a groin injury before returning to practice early this week, to be the nickel back tomorrow night.

–Carroll announced that, in the players’ vote, the team captains for 2014 are: Russell Wilson for the offense, Kam Chancellor for the defense, and kicker Steven Hauschka and punter Jon Ryan for special teams.

–Carroll said that finding Clay Matthews amid Green Bay defensive coordinator Dom Capers’ many varied hiding tricks moving the pass-rushing linebacker around, will be the key to the game for the Seahawks’ offense. It will certainly be the key to Justin Britt’s life tomorrow night in the rookie second-round draft choice’s first NFL game. The fewer times the Seahawks have to devote a tight end or running back to “chip” on help blocks with Britt, the more options Russell Wilson will have for outlet receivers in the passing game.

–The coach said second-year cornerback Tharold Simon will have relatively minor knee surgery. Simon missed all of his rookie season with foot injuries in 2013.

–Here is the injury report each team submitted to the league today:

OUT: TE Cooper Helfet (knee); G Lemuel Jeanpierre (neck), RB Christine Michael (hamstring), LB Kevin Pierre-Louis (hamstring), CB Tharold Simon (knee)

PROBABLE: LB Bruce Irvin (hip), CB Jeremy Lane (groin), WR Kevin Norwood (ankle)

OUT: C JC Tretter (knee), TE Brandon Bostick (fibula), CB Demetri Goodson (concussion)

PROBABLE: LB Brad Jones (quadriceps)

–If you are going to the game tomorrow night, beware that all those in Packers jerseys may not be Cheeseheads.

The Seahawks issued a statement reminding fans attending home games this season that  ”undercover law enforcement officers will be outfitted in opposing team jerseys. These undercover police officers assist security and game day staff to quickly detect fans exhibiting unruly and inconsiderate behavior.” The team started the practice to much, uh, fanfare last season. The Seahawks are reminding folks that inconsiderate behavior includes:

• “Intoxication or other signs of alcohol or substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
  • Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
  • Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
  • Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel
  • Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans
  • Verbal or physical harassment of stadium guests and staff members
  • Smoking or tobacco use on CenturyLink Field property

“Guests who do not abide by these rules and the principles of the Fan Code of Conduct will not be allowed to attend Seahawks home games.  Unruly or inconsiderate behavior and fighting will not be tolerated and will result in ejection from the stadium and/or permanent revocation of ticket privileges. Fans can report any inappropriate activity that is disrupting their enjoyment of the game via text-message at HAWK12 (429512).”

Apparently this warning, however, continues to have nothing to do with causing false-start penalties on Seahawks’ opponents. So as far as that goes, have at it.

1. FleaFlicker says:

Hope Lem’s injury is not serious…he is a capable multi-role back-up.

Britt may be a rookie, but he’s been lining up all summer against Cliff Avril. And if Green Bay really is crashing that side of the line, call a few jet sweeps and let them sit and think about the Percy effect.

Can’t believe it’s almost time for real NFL football!

2. jboard1 says:

Awesome words about Lynch. I believe it too, after seeing him cut back in that Oakland game. Dude truely is a beast and appears to be in great health. Can’t wait to watch him run the rock

3. MoSeahawk12 says:

That’s cool that Kam Chancellor was named captain for the defense. Lots of choices with Earl and Sherm back there, but Kam brings toughness, intimidation, skill and leadership. He’s turning into a great all around player and is valuable to this team. We have the best safeties in the league in my opinion.

4. FleaFlicker says:

Gregg’s Twitter feed over in the upper right is pretty awesome. I might actually have to join Twitter now…

Let it rip. Damn right!

6. Macabrevity says:

Love Kam getting voted captain – guy has earned the respect he gets from those guys.

7. SandpointHawk says:

“I’m just about that action, boss”
    Well it’s time for some action boss…

8. jchawks08 says:

Are you ready for some football?!?!? Yes. Yes, I am.

9. MikeFromNewJersey says:

I’m concerned because it sounds like Lem may be out for a long time. Not good with Unger being so fragile. Hopefully this Schilling guy can step in if need be.

10. oscar_contender says:

Sorry if already posted: Article about how Seahawks changed the game, LOB!

Go Hawks!!!

11. oscar_contender says:

Looks like Irvin will FINALY take over for Clem, and fill that void in our dynamic pass rush. Is Williams going to be that DT next to Bennett on passing downs? As Pete would say, “You will just have to wait and see.”

Go Hawks! What’s next!

12. DFloydd says:

This was actually said to me in all seriousness at a work meeting 30mins ago, “Aaron Rodgers is going to have a career, recording setting game tomorrow.” My only retort was: “If you mean the most pain, anguish and frustration he’s ever felt in his life then you are correct”

I’ll hand it to Packers fans. They never lack confidence. Wow.

13. Southendzone says:

Hey Fleaflicker,

I took a while to join twitter too, and I strongly recommend it for Seahawk fans. Just a lot of constant info coming at you. You can turn off what you don’t want, add more of what you want. Just pretty cool stuff.

It’s about 100 times better than facebook.

This isn’t my quote, but I saw someone explain it like this :

Facebook is for keeping in touch with people you know
    Twitter is for getting in touch with people you wish you knew.

I didn’t say it exactly right but you get the gist of it.

14. montanamike2 says:

I’m glad Irvin is going back to DE, seems a little soon but it’s a prove it year.

At this point, Irvin will have to beat out Schofield. Irvin’s limited time at weak-side end, has not played well, at all.

16. I think Irvin only plays at DE when they have him play opposite Schofield in third and REALLY long situations. He isnt good vs the run. He’s going to spend most of his time at SAM unless Im much mistaken…

17. montanamike2 says:

Best favor the Giants could do for us was to spurn Schofield.

18. RDPoulsbo says:

With Schofield turning it on, he’s probably going to get the Carp treatment next year. That 4 years guaranteed contract part of the CBA hasn’t been good for the Hawks, but at least those 2 guys aren’t getting crazy salaries. I guess going out to get failed LBs who never got a fair shot is the winning formula for finding a good Leo.

19. Lem is out for the season…

20. chuck_easton says:

Lem placed on IR and Bates signed back to the 53.

I know the team is deep at WR but 8 on the active roster?

Something is coming

21. MikeFromNewJersey says:

Lem to IR – Not good..Bates is back? Eight wideout’s?? Something has got to give…

22. Can Bates play guard? What the hell?

23. MikeFromNewJersey says:

Well one of these guys will lose their job when we need to sign an interior lineman. Maybe Wade Smith comes back? Bates, Lockette or Walters will not be here long.

24. bird_spit says:

With all these WR, look for some truly fast ST play.
    I’m also hoping there isn’t some announcement that is Wes welker like on this team

25. MikeFromNewJersey says:

Greg Van Roten i guess has a chance to come back , along with Wade Smith.. Right now we don’t have an emergency center after Schilling.

26. chuck_easton says:

I am guessing the team will go with what they have for tomorrow.

The changes will come after this game.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring Winston back after tomorrow night.

If he’s not on the roster for the 1st regular season game his salary isn’t guaranteed.

27. chuck_easton says:

I am guessing the team will go with what they have for tomorrow.

The changes will come after this game.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring Winston back after tomorrow night.

28. MikeFromNewJersey says:

I thought of Winston too but he isn’t an interior guy. We need a C/G type.

29. Ray_Maines says:

Oh ouch! IR for a neck problem doesn’t sound very good.

30. With versatility being important, maybe Winston resigning would give them more flexibility with Bailey on the interior. Like Bowie before him, I see Bailey as better suited for guard than tackle. Him playing LT in camp reminds me of the days (not to the extreme) when Walt wasn’t available and Pork Chop would play LT but everyone knew he wouldn’t sniff the position in the regular season. I only hope Okung can remain healthy this season.

31. MikeFromNewJersey says:

Bailey does remind me of Pork Chop with his ability to play 4 spots on the line.. I just think we need a third guy to be able to play center after Schilling. Maybe Bailey can play Center? If not then Greg Van Roten or Wade Smith may be brought back.

32. oldtallguy says:

I’ve just moved to Vegas and wonder if anyone knows a great place to watch Seahawks games with other 12s?

Is Irvin running out of positions to succeed on this defense.

Hope not.

34. Anyone else find it funny that some were claiming that the Seahawks would “never” carry 7 WR into the season?

And now we have eight. LOL.

35. mocarob says:

Could that be the personal issue Harvin was dealing with? Appealing a positive test? Yes, I said it.. You guys beating around the bush.

36. mocarob says:

OldTall, Do you Facebook? There’s a group called LasVegas Seahawkers.

If you don’t, They meet at a place called Scooters Pub.

37. mocarob says:

Did you guys watch ‘America’s Game’ tonight?
    I’m thinking of creating a High Definition file that people can download and burn to a DVD that will playback on a Blu-Ray player. Any interest in that?

38. oscar_contender says:

Schofield will get time at LEO, but when we get into our nickel, I would think there will be Irvin out there for the snaps that Clem left on the table. Yes, Scho can fill that role too, but I thought of him as a depth/back up guy, since he was fighting for a roster spot. He was on the bubble, where Irvin had 8 sacks his rookie year, and should be more polished. I am more curious as to who will fill the role of McDonald in our pass rush group than Irvin/Schofield sharing snaps at DE. I remember our DC say that Irvin would be playing that role and they wanted to get him on the field on all three downs. I love Schofield, but Irvin is the speed demon and should have a breakout year, as if his rookie year wasn’t enough. He has been stuck in the shadow of Clemons, and that shadow is in Jacksonville. We will just have to wait and see. Good points though guys.

39. oldtallguy says:

Mocarob, thanks ill head to scooters tomorrow evening

40. mocarob says:

Here’s my video of the last time GB was in town..
    “Sacked in Seattle”
    My fave part is when Browner sits on Jennings during their fight..

41. montanamike2 says:

I want to go to Vegas some time in the winter too, i have a cousin there that i’ve never visited. I can’t handle the heat so winter is all that works.

42. chuck_easton says:

I’m on the same page regarding Harvin.

It’s either we are about to have an announcement about a suspension or we are about to have an announcement that Norwood is going on IR.

It’s one of those two.

I’m leaning towards the Harvin thing as they could have already put Norwood on IR.

43. MoSeahawk12 says:

Let’s not throw out any pre game curses fellas. There’s the whole crying over spilled milk thing before it’s even poured in a glass deal.

44. montanamike2 says:

Don’t get me all worried about Harvin guys.

45. mocarob says:

Ok then, Maybe Stevie Johnson, Boldin & Crabman will all get suspended and were just stock piling WRs so they cant get them.. LOL

46. montanamike2 says:

I’d be relieved with that scenario.

oldtallguy – What part of town do you live in? Scooters is in a shi**ty area. It’s a Seahawks bar, but there are better places.

Yes! Let the handwringing begin. Why would appealing a “positive test” require him to take days off? It wouldn’t.

49. chuck_easton says:

Actually it would. If he had to go to NY to meet with the commish to ‘discuss’ an infraction it would mean at least two days away from the team.

Team was off Friday so he really only missed Wednesday and Thursday.

50. MoSeahawk12 says:

Yes Duke is talking sense. Thank you.
    It’s possible mocarob, Crabtree has a hurt calf to go along with his hamstring.
    I think it’s just because we’re going to switch to a 80-20 pass to run ratio just to further drive Holmgren mad…lol

Appeals don’t require personal visit to league office, that I’m aware of. If he did have to go, it seems unlikely, near impossible, that wouldn’t info have leaked.

52. He took 3 days. That would be one long appeal hearing! Hung jury? I’m not worried about Percy. Green Bay is though…

53. chuck_easton says:

Not saying that is the case, but even us non tinfoil hat guys have to look at circumstances and it’s not too hard to connect the dots.

1. Harvin misses 3 days for ‘personal business’.
    2. Team puts Lem on IR and brings back an 8th WR onto the active squad.

We all know that there is no way the team is going to carry 8 WR’s on the active roster.

This could simply be a situation where the team had a free spot and chose to give it to a guy that already knows the system. It could be that the more permanent solution will come after this weekend where one (or more) of the 8 WR’s will find themselves off the active roster while an O-line guy finds his way on.

But it isn’t a real ‘stretch’ to equate Harvin’s personal issues, 8 WR’s on the active roster, and an obvious adjustment coming in the very near future.

54. montanamike2 says:

I hear Stevie Johnson isn’t exactly lighting it up in Whinerland.

55. Welker was excused one day to go to his appeal. Not three.

chuck_easton – I don’t know, Chuck. Feels like a bit of a stretch to me. The distraction of having Harvin suspended the day the season began seems very hard to believe. Maybe I just don’t want to believe it, but I just can’t see anything there.

57. chuck_easton says:

Again, exactly what day was Harvin excused? That is the question. If he was excused for Thursday’s game, Friday and Saturday were regular days off for the players.

It is not a stretch at all to consider the possibility that Harvin spent Thursday in NY meeting with the Commish. If it was just the initial hearing there can’t be any information leaked until a possible appeal is heard.

It could also be a potential trade coming up.

Or it simply could be the team had an open spot the day before a game and chose to give 1 game check to Bates rather than bringing in some O lineman that wouldn’t do anything but collect a paycheck until next week.

But I wouldn’t just dismiss something coming down about Harvin.

Chuck, I believe he was first excused on Wednesday. You know I respect your opinion and you in general, but yes, please put the tinfoil down.

59. MoSeahawk12 says:

Harvin wasn’t going to play against the Raiders anyway.
    I’ll be glad when the game starts so I can enjoy that.
    Good night all.

60. “Many people wanting to sound alarms about Percy Harvin missing three straight days including last night’s game to tend to what the Seahawks say is a “personal matter.” Consider this: The team allowed him to be away Tuesday and Wednesday, meaning he wasn’t with the team for its Wednesday afternoon flight. The Seahawks are off from practice today and Saturday. It would have stuck in Harvin’s craw to have to fly on his own to Oakland for a game he was going to play maybe for snaps, if at all, only to be off again for the next two days. So he didn’t come, one of 10 Seahawks who didn’t”. – Gregg Bell 8/29/2014

Read more here:

61. montanamike2 says:

I’m going to bed now too, hope i can sleep. Chuck don’t stress me out.

62. mocarob says:

Thanks for taking the heat Chuck. LOL

Chuck’s got big shoulders.

NFL Network just ran a segment, “Russell Wilson Offseason Blueprint.” So cool. Soon as a link’s available I’m sure it will get posted. Now I’m super pumped for the season!!!!

65. It pains me to admit – but chuck is right more often than not on his half empty glass predictions. though this one seems like more conjecture than usual.

I went to Scooters in Vegas last year the weekend I was there and for a non-resident Hawks fan it was nirvana.

just paid thought the nose for tix to the SD game. who else is going again?

66. SpokeHawk says:

Man, you guys made me stop lurking and actually post something to calm you all down. Curtis Crabtree posted on twitter, (the post is even at the top of this page), that the Seahawks added 2 guards and Allen Bradford to the PS, releasing 1 G, WR Chris Matthews, and a Safety to make room. They are probably going to move one or two of those guards to the roster if needed next week. So stop freaking about Harvin.

67. chuck_easton says:

Even my wildest X-files theory about Harvin won’t stop him from playing tomorrow night. A suspension would have had to have been announced before the team started prep.

I’m hoping beyond hope that it really is just a chance for the team to ‘reward’ Bates with a game check for tomorrow night, even if he’s inactive for the game.

It really is, as pdway suggests, my glass-half-empty gut feeling. There are no such things as coincidences.

8 WR’s on an active roster means something is coming down. So the worst case scenario would be Harvin is involved. The best case scenario is a WR will be dropped and added to the PS next week.

Things are always fluid with this team.

It went unreported except in Gregg’s twitter feed, but the team has already cut 3 guys from the PS and added three new guys today.

Added: G David Arkin, G Drew Nowak and LB Allen Bradford

Cut: G Nate Isles, WR Chris Matthews and S Terrance Parks

68. oldtallguy says:

Ill be at the charger game

69. oldtallguy says:

Dukeshire, I’m at Sam’s town looking to find an apt or condo to rent. Eventually I’ll buy a condo when i figure out what area i like

70. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

wow spend evening with GF come back you are out in the weeds hunting snipe. kudos if you are right but damn don’t invite bad karma

71. I wouldn’t go back to those days, but it sure was a lot less stressful when a successful season was just beating the Raiders and Elway’s Broncos during the year, and Zorn or Krieg and Largent simply having a good game.

72. Gregg Bell says:

From the official NFL transactions list for today:

The Seahawks haved sign to their practice squad G David Arkin, LB Allen Bradford (whom Carroll recruited to USC) and G Drew Nowak.

Seattle terminated the practice-squad contracts of: WR Chris Matthews, CB Terrance Parks and guard Nate Isles.

I agree a roster move is coming sooner than later dropping one of the eight WRs currently on the active roster in exchange for adding to the depth of the OL or DL. I have to add that I am impressed by the creativity on here about the potential why an eighth wide receiver got added today.

I’ll end the day the way I started it on here: Happy NFL Opener Eve.

Chuck – Good info on the cuts and signings. And I agree about coincidences. Re-signing Bates and a hypothetical Harvin suspension certainly doesn’t qualify. What we do agree on is that this team will not carry 8 receivers for long.

Oldtallguy – Scooters may well indeed work for you tomorrow. That said, I suggest looking up the hill into Henderson. Remedy’s up toward Wagon Wheel is a good spot as well. Anyway…

Oh boy, the fact Gregg just said he’s impressed with the “creativity” regarding the impending roster move gives me a sick feeling in my stomache. I may be owing Chuck an apology very soon… Here’s hoping Norwood goes on IR. (That’s not meant as a slight to him, on any level.)

75. Gregg Bell says:

Duke, et al: You can relax.

I was just trying to compliment instead of bash the Harvin chatter on here. Unless I’ve been lied to, he was not anywhere appealing anything during those three days he had off last week.

Lol. Thank you for that, Gregg.

77. vichawkfan says:

Is this the Allen Bradford that was with Seattle a couple preseasons ago?

Harvin gets suspended I won’t hear the end of it from my fantasy league buddies.

78. Southendzone says:

Sounds like Gregg has more info on the Harvin issue but wont/can’t disclose it.

They are good theories though, how bout a simple counter theory:

Harvin’s personal issue is nothing we should care about. Hawks are really worried about losing Bates from PS, so with the available spot from Lem they keep Bates safe at least 1 more week.

79. mocarob says:

Percy had to take a couple of days off to wash those huge windows on his house that looks over the water. That and clean his indoor pool.

The Wess Welker affect or just pre game jitters Chuck?

Don’t blame you though. Things are going so smooth these days in Seahawks land that it almost gives you the too good to be true feeling.

Since Mathews was released that will ease the “oh my God, somethings up with Percy” talk.

Get out of bed Montana!

It’s GameDay!!!

82. MikeFromNewJersey says:

Percy is fine.. I don’t know why everyone is being SO paranoid??

Yes I agree. It is strange to carry 8 wipeout’s. Maybe Norwood may not be 100%? or maybe they are tired of Lockette being best friends with some Punk in California??

Personal reasons can mean anything, it also may have nothing to do with Percy. It could mean he has a family member with issues..

I think they are carrying eight for insurance in case the Walters/ET punt return experiment doesn’t pan out.

If Walters messes up or gets injured they have Bates on PS in case Harvin, Richardson or Norwood (all with past injuries that have kept them out of practice and/or games) goes down.

I think it’s a smart move to keep eight. It’s a long season.

84. CDHawkFan says:

Regarding 8 WR and not wanting to lose Bates.

Isn’t there something about veteran salaries not being guaranteed after week 1? I remember talk about Mike Rob last year and I believe C McDonald being cheaper if signed/resigned after week 1.

So adding on to SEZ theory, maybe Bates looks more attractive this week to clubs if even going to their 53, then not as attractive to sign after next week when some cut vet WR become available for cheap. Maybe another reason they haven’t gone back to Winston or other vet OL help.

85. djbargelt says:

Oh Oh! We have a number of members here testing positive for PED’s – Percy Enhanced Paranoia

86. djbargelt says:

Opps! Make that PEP’s

Thanks Gregg for posting and addressing our Percy worries.

Game day!

88. seatowntp says:

Gregg, without revealing some master plan that must remain concealed, do you have an opinion as to the reason how come the Seahawks are currently carrying eight receivers on the roster?

mocarob I’d like a copy of your ENTIRE Seahawks video library. Where do I send the Brinks Armored vehicle?

89. Hammajamma says:

Maybe it’s as simple as keeping the best available 53 at the moment. I’m sure things will change after game #1, and continue to change at the bottom of the roster for a few weeks.

90. blueshq says:

Last year they moved guys on & off the ps a lot. I remember reading something about teams having to pay for a minimum number of days even if the guy wasn’t on the ps that long. I thought it was a clever way to keep guys stashed because they wouldn’t sign with another team and lose the good deal they were getting.

91. Ray_Maines says:

I’m guilty of being under the influence of PED’s

~~ PED = Percy Enhanced Drama ~~

I hate to admit just how invested I am in this team. If the train comes off of the tracks the very first week of the season I’m going to be an emotional wreck for the next four months. Then it will be the playoffs and I’ll still be an emotional wreck, but that’s a normal condition in January.

92. blueshq says:

This morning it occurred to me that today is the beginning of the NFL season and MY team is the defending world champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

93. MikeFromNewJersey says:

@blueshq – I’ve actually have enjoyed being champion so much that I never wanted this season to come!
    For anybody like myself who was very fortunate to be able to attend the Super Bowl, that was the best day of my life!!! Until I got married in May of course..

P.S. This is the last time i’m going to mention it because 2014 is underway.

94. Gregg Bell says:

Happy Opening Day!

I’m about to explain my theory on 8 WRs — it’s not all that deep — in the blog post I am about to file on that and other game-day things.

Will your theory involve us having to wear Chuck’s tinfoil hat from last night? (I kid, Chuck…)

96. Ray_Maines says:

Gregg’s article about the “Beast” on the front page of this mornings TNT is worth the price of the paper. Anything else you read is free.

The entity that used to be a newspaper in Seattle has a nice 25 still picture breakdown of the Fail Mary pass from RW to GT two years ago. To be honest though, I only looked at 6-7 pictures because I’m tired of Packer fans whining about it and look forward to tonights game being walk away win.

97. Ray_Maines says:

It seems that the front page article was written by Craig Hill, not our man Gregg Bell. Sorry Craig.

I simply have to learn to read one of these days.

98. montanamike2 says:

Thanks for the wake up call Georgia, i didn’t sleep at all last night and it wasn’t because of Harvin, more like anticipation and anxiety. In other words; the season begins today, (my Christmas time).

99. chuck_easton says:

Tinfoil hats for EVERYONE!!!

Until I see Percy on the field for a couple of games I’m going to continue to have panic attacks.

I want to see him on the field.

If a report comes out that Percy has a cold I’m going to worry until otherwise proven incorrect.

It’s the Percy Enhanced Drama problem with our guys.

After a couple of weeks of normalcy it will finally get to the point where we won’t even have to wonder if he’s going to play and a report that he might not play will be the exception.

100. montanamike2 says:

Gregg, not to be a suck up but thanks for being actively participating in this blog.

101. montanamike2 says:

Still haven’t got clarification if we get that 7th back for Pryor.

102. montanamike2 says:

I wish i was in Vegas tonight to hang out with oldtallguy and anybody else. My wife won’t let me go to town tonight, she wants me to stay home and watch on the telly.

103. montanamike2 says:

Duke are you a season ticket holder?

Not any more. My family was for many years but between people moving away and ticket prices soaring, just couldn’t hold on to them any more.

I’m coming to Montana for sure next summer and really want to meet you and STTBM. Will be a hoot.

105. montanamike2 says:

Cool, you’re always welcome.

106. chuck_easton says:

Duke, mike, and STTBM,

If there is a Montana gathering next summer let me know.

It’s only a 6 to 8 hour drive from Calgary.

A day or two away from the daily grind would be fun.

107. Ray_Maines says:

Wives can be so unreasonable at times. She’ll want to flip channels during commercial breaks, argue about fouls or non fouls that seem obvious to you, cheer when GB makes a good offensive play, and wonder why you’d rather be in a bar.

108. montanamike2 says:

Ray_Maines my wife is hard core Korean, it’s all about the money and the fact she doesn’t want to drive there and pick me up. You’d be more than welcome, if we had enough people i’d rent the lodge from my neighbor so everyone could have a place to stay and sleep.

109. How could we get the 7th round pick for Pryor back? That was a 2014 pick that’s already gone.

110. montanamike2 says:

I have to go to town for a beer run and what not, i’ll catch up when i get back.

111. montanamike2 says:

Thanks jm4570.

112. chuck_easton says:

This statement invariably comes with about 5 minutes left in the game and the final outcome very much in doubt.

Ray_Maines, try my strategy. Last year we were watching some movie that we just HAD to watch together. With just a few minutes left and the couple not having had their final happy reunion I stood up and said, “we’ve been watching this for almost two hours…I’m going out”.

It worked, sort of. I am now allowed to watch the entire game, but I am banished to the bedroom TV away from all human contact.

113. Man, no one will be happier than me if Sweezy improves from last year. Hell, I will be thrilled if he’s middle of the pack! If he becomes one of the best at the position this year, I may have to buy his jersey!

Its been hell for me watching him suck his first year, and half of last year, but it was good to see him improve over the second half of the season. Perhaps it will all be worth it if he steps up…

Chuck_Easton–Im moving to Kalispell the end of the month, buying my first house. Kalispell is 17 miles South of Whitefish. You are welcome to come down to Montana any time, we’ll cook you dinner if youre interested. Ive never been to Big Mountain (called Whitefish Resort now), and am looking forward to winter!

Dukeshire–I’d love to meet you. Perhaps Bobbyk will come too–he said he’s planning to vacation here again next year if possible–if you guys managed to come out the same time that would be insanely awesome!

MontanaMike2–If your neighbor has a lodge, and will cut us a deal, that would be awesome! We could bar-b-q and watch the SB BluRay all over again…perhaps this years if we repeat! WHEN we repeat LOL!

“Or the best one that I get every season. “Honey, you’ve been watching that game for 2 hours. Turn off the TV and lets go out…”

But somehow I’m the one with issues when I can’t or won’t leave the family room until the final whistle and the outcome is known.”