Seahawks sign WR/PR/KR Bryan Walters to active roster, so Earl Thomas may not be returning punts after all

Post by Gregg Bell / The News Tribune on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:29 pm with 98 Comments »
September 1, 2014 7:44 pm
The Seahawks brought back wide receiver, punt returner and kickoff returner Bryan Walters onto the active roster, so All-Pro safety Earl Thomas will not be returning punts in the opener after all. (AP photo/Stephen Brashear).
The Seahawks brought back wide receiver, punt returner and kickoff returner Bryan Walters onto the active roster today, so All-Pro safety Earl Thomas may not be returning punts in the opener after all. (AP photo/Stephen Brashear).

All of you adverse to risk — at least when it comes to Seattle’s All-Pro safety being a standing target for opponents on 40-yard sprints right at him — rejoice!

The Seahawks have signed back wide receiver/punt returner/kick returner Bryan Walters to their active roster three days after releasing him among their final preseason cuts.

Walters is back on the practice field here at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center in Renton right now wearing his familiar No. 19.

The team announced the move about 90 minutes after Pete Carroll was asked during his weekly press conference today here at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center in Renton “Is Earl Thomas returning punts?” the Seahawks’ coach responded with two words.

“Yeah, yeah.”

It wasn’t exactly a convincing or unequivocal response about his All-Pro safety.

Walters returned every punt and kickoff for the Seahawks last week in their exhibition finale at Oakland, and he was fearless to the point of being reckless returning punts and badly bruising ribs in exhibition games last month.

The result for now is what every coach loves: Uncertainty with his opponent over who will play what in the upcoming game. At this point I would be surprised if Thomas returns all of Green Bay’s punts — or even the first one — Thursday night. After all, why sign Walters to the active roster to just stand on the sidelines as the seventh wide receiver?

“We really trust in him and believe in him,” Carroll said of Walters last week immediately after the Oakland game. “He’s a really good ballplayer.”

My guess on why the Seahawks cut the more versatile and thus valuable Walters and kept Bates in the first place (the most surprising move of Seattle’s preseason) , only to sign him onto the active roster three days later: Perhaps the Seahawks feel they can now get Bates through waivers and onto their practice squad more easily than they could have Walters. When Walters couldn’t get a deal anywhere else onto an active roster since Saturday, he signed back with the Seahawks. That’s just a guess. I’ll keep digging into that one.

UPDATED, post-practice:

–WR Percy Harvin practiced for the second consecutive day after missing three days with what Carroll said was a personal matter. Harvin played in just one regular-season game last season after a significant hip injury. “It feels tremendously good right now,” he said. “I’m blessed to be healthy.”

–The Seahawks’ official practice report to the league Monday: Did not participate: TE Cooper Helfet (knee), RB Christine Michael (hamstring), C Lemuel Jeanpierre (neck), LB Kevin Pierre-Louis (hamstring), CB Tharold Simon (knee). Limited participation: CB Jeremy Lane (groin), LB Bruce Irvin (hip surgery), WR Kevin Norwood (listed as an ankle injury, coming off surgery last month for a bone spur in his foot).

–Carroll said he was “hopeful” Lane, the fifth, “nickel” defensive back on long-yardage plays, will play against the Packers. If not, CB DeShawn Shead could see time.

–The coach also used “hopeful” to describe the prospects of Irvin and Norwood playing.

–Carroll said Michael, who missed the exhibition finale after tweaking his hamstring in practice, “is banged up. We’ll figure it out later in the week.”

–Rookie DE Cassius Marsh practiced after hurting his hip flexor at Oakland. Carroll said he is in “good shape.”

–The Seahawks’ practice squad is now at a full 10 after two more signings: DE Julius Warmsley and DB Josh Aubrey.

1. Bates needs to develop a injury.

2. tealskin says:

If having Walters over Bates means no PR for Earl, very OK with that.

3. freedom_X says:

Presumably, if Walters had been offered an active roster spot on Seattle before he’d have taken it (i.e. he wouldn’t have had to shop around for a active roster spot elsewhere if Seattle was offering him one before.)

This is kind of strange – would those 3 days really make a difference? If a team likes Bates, they can pick up him up any time they want if Bates is put on the practice roster. Or was it just second thoughts about Thomas pulling return duty.

I also don’t think that Bates is more versatile (unless you count the possibility of him playing fullback.) More potential, yes, but not more versatile. Versatility is probably the main reason Walters is back.

4. Gregg Bell says:

freedom_X: I wrote that backwards originally and now fixed it. Walters more versatile.

Thing now is, if a team likes Bates they have to add him to its active roster.

5. Maybe Norwood to I.r

6. tealskin says:

Thought Norwood had already returned tp practicing.

7. freedom_X says:

OK, thanks Gregg. I think I get it now – teams can only pull someone off the practice squad to sign them to the active roster. They can’t pull them off just to put them on their own practice squad.

So keeping Bates on the roster until practice squads come in to effect helps Seattle ensure Bates sticks on Seattle’s practice squad. They’re counting on no other team wanting to allocate a 53 roster spot for Bates.

And if Bates had signed with another team to go to their practice squad, presumably Seattle wouldn’t be able to get him back? (though I recall there is some competitive bidding you can do – didn’t some players on Seattle’s team last year refuse active roster callups from other teams, because Seattle gave them extra $$$ to do so?)

8. Gregg Bell says:

Yes, Norwood is back practicing and Carroll said today he is “hopeful” the rookie WR could play Thursday.

9. Gregg Bell says:

freedom_X: exactly. You nailed it.

Thanks.

10. DreadHawks says:

Whew! Not a fan of Earl returning punts…….at all! All is now well in my world.

11. Hammajamma says:

One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure.

12. eyeland says:

I love this kid.big HEART respect everyone but fear nothing.

13. surelyyoujest says:

Interesting tactics by JS. I’ll sleep better knowing Earl isn’t back there….although he might be anyway if Walters gets knocked up in a game. I’d be interested to know who’s taking PR reps in practice this week……although Greg can’t report that. Maybe Richardson if they are planning to have him active for the game…..which they may not.

14. MikeFromNewJersey says:

Amen!! Thank God!!

15. Macabrevity says:

Pete’s just a goofy kid in a candy store these days…

16. surelyyoujest says:

That should be knicked up, not knocked up…..LOL. Auto correct, jeepers.

17. montanamike2 says:

I just got home from having lunch with Slave and his wonderful family, we discussed at length the Bates over Walters situation. He’ll be glad to have Walters back, he’s pretty high on him. I like Bates potential and size but would be more than happy to have him on the practice squad and Walters doing returns so Earl won’t have to, win-win. I was out having lunch so i’m late to the party with this, I didn’t see Walters do anything special, but it is nice having someone else do returns.

18. tchristensen says:

Bates wasn’t added to the practice squad. Does anyone know if he was claimed by another team?

19. PHXHawk says:

I think I’m as nervous about Earl returning punts as I was when my son played H.S. football.

20. tchristensen says:

Probably Cleveland, who is this year’s Jaguars when it comes to scooping up released Hawks.

21. Skavage says:

I think we’ll all be very happy with Walters returning punts…until he fumbles again. Yeah ET makes me nervous for his health but when you think about it not too many PR’s get injured returning them. So when we have a turnover due to the way Walters carries the football (low and on his forearm) we might just want to take another look at ET doing it.

My hope is now that he’s won a job he’ll start playing with a little more caution and start covering the ball up in traffic.

22. chuck_easton says:

tchristensen,

Bates has to clear waivers before he can be signed to the PS. That takes 24 hours.

Skavage, Walters fumble the other night was his first as a pro and only his second in either college or the pros. He’s not a fumbling machine.

23. tchristensen says:

Thanks Chuck. It appears the Hawks have filled out their practice squad and Bates isn’t on it. Strange.

24. I think Earl is still returning punts. Wasn’t their a debate last year for why the a Hawks didn’t activate Michaels to return kicks. I believe the consensus was it’s not worth wasting an active spot for someone just to return kicks and do nothing else. Well, if this holds true, wouldn’t the idea to activate Walters be the same. I highly doubt we would ever see him at receiver, so his sole purpose would be to return punts, hence wasting an active roster spot for a returner, going against the before mentioning philosophy.

Thoughts?

25. Macabrevity says:

Speaking of knocked up…

Apparently Ray McDonald’s victim is/was pregnant…

Classy player on a classy team…

I love these sports heroes like Mayweather and Rice who can take down a woman and show her who’s boss with their fists. Any man who can’t physically overpower a woman is no man at all…

And kudos to Ray for getting a jump on that little baby before things get out of hand.

Enough already, I am getting seriously sick of these disgusting psychopaths.

26. surelyyoujest says:

But why else have him on the Team, if he’s not returning punts ? He’s not going to be active as a WR.

27. Maybe if Earl doesn’t show discipline, then we will see Walters in the future returning, I don’t know. Do you really see Walters strutting out there as a receiver though?

28. Walters is a Swiss Army Knife. I don’t understand why they couldn’t just let Phil go on Saturday but I’m happy Walters is back.

Don’t like this move at all. Could have probably found a more polished punt returner cut from another team.

I hope it works out though.

30. Ewalters7354 says:

Walters if active will see time as a return man I’m sure.I will say he’s better than Bates but isn’t really a threat at receiver.

31. Didn’t understand keeping Bates from the beginning – neither Bates or Walters will be anything other than WR4 or WR5, but atleast Walters has some value as a PR/KR.

Looking forward to Thursday – go hawks!

32. tealskin says:

If the Hawks’ biggest worry is that their punt returner isn’t very flashy then I’d say they’re in pretty good shape. Wouldn’t be surprised if they make a move to gain more versatility at the position in the near future.

33. gozags62 says:

Bryan Walters just flat out won the job. Believe it or not—that was his first fumble even since high school–where he ran the option at Juanita. His production throughout training camp and in games was excellent. He is more versatile than Bates and he simply showed better in camp. He will get the job done.

34. bird_spit says:

Walters a hawk. Awesome. Here is hoping he is better than the rest if the heap at returning punds.

35. TomlPDX says:

I’m a happy seahawk camper! Show your stuff, Walters! NO ET PUNT RETURNS!

36. seahawkfan97 says:

I don’t get all the talk of walters not being a receiver…He hasn’t got a bunch of drops and ditto what gozas62 said..caught most everything if I remember right! I really don’t like ET returning punts..That was a weird move though…Wonder if Bates was celebrating or something and pi#$ed off someone…way strange….don’t mean to start a stupid rumor but way odd move w/o a reason….oh maybe PC/JS read the blog and listened to most of on here regarding Walters/ET/punt returns…wooohooo

Maybe some of ETs teammates finally talked some sense into him.

38. The reason I’m saying he won’t be on the field is we have Lynch, Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse, Willson, Richardson, Miller, Locket, Norwood. And as the season moves on, I see Norwood getting in on more action. Just don’t see where Walters fits in. I think he’ll be inactive for the first game and depending on how Earl looks, same for the following games. Barring injuries, just don’t see us wasting a spot on a part time returner.

39. Gregg Bell says:

UPDATED, post-practice:

–Before practice Carroll said he was “hopeful” Lane, the fifth, “nickel” defensive back on long-yardage plays, will play against the Packers. If not, CB DeShawn Shead could see time.

40. sluggo42 says:

Hahaha, funny, cuz the guy is garbage…

I guess if he keeps earl off the pr job, I’m groovy.

41. TomlPDX says:

One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure. Let’s see what happens. No predictions here, just glad we have the option…and I like Walters.

42. Garbage in what aspect?

43. this may have already been posted – but one of the best articles on Earl Thomas/Pete Carroll I have seen

44. MikePDX says:

cdsea, it’s a reference to poster Ewalters7354 calling Bryan Walters “Garbage” and “a bottom feeder” in a previous thread.

45. Ray_Maines says:

Hammajamma at 3:12 PM: That was funny!

I get that all these guys are young and dumb, type A personalities, ultimate competitors, PC is the ultimate motivator and all of that, but…

If I were Christine Michael I’d be pretty discouraged right now.

46. PLUHawkFan says:
  47. mocarob says:

WITF does Walters get so much air time around here?
    He’s a guy that can barely make the team.. We should be talking about our Oline instead..
    God Damn if STTBM didn’t rub off on me.. I’m gonna go shoot myself now.. lol

48. Ray_Maines says:

I haven’t done any actual research and my memory is shot, but two years ago I think we were worried sick about our QB situation, and last year we gave too much air time to the entire wide receiver group. Ain’t it good to have this sort of thing to worry about! I’m not reading the blogs from Cleveland, Jacksonville, or Oakland but I don’t think those fans are commenting about their seventh receiver. Life really is good around here.

49. sluggo42 says:

Why would CMike be bummed?

50. Gregg Bell says:

MoSeahawk12: That was 90 minutes before the team announced the Walters signing, and Carroll was far from convincingly. He softly said, “yeah, yeah” when asked “Earl Thomas returning punts?” I think the coach knew a move was coming and couldn’t announce it yet, so technically he was at that moment still correct. It was far from an iron-clad yes.

51. MocaRob-I get what you’re saying–The line is far more important than our seventh WR/punt returner; but you and I should hang out over beers, because you don’t really understand where I’m coming from. PS: I still want to buy ST BluRay’s from you–You got any left?!

52. Ray_Maines says:

C-Mike might be bummed out because he didn’t do squat in the preseason, because the Turbinator did, because Beast Mode isn’t going away anytime soon, because he’s injured and won’t be seeing the field in the near future, because this is his second year in the NFL and life just isn’t unfolding the way he envisioned it.

53. Someone asked a few days ago why I liked Walters over Bates/Lockett to make the team, as a WR. I said at the time he had looked more professional at WR than Bates/Lockette, and someone said stats showed two catches for Lockette and Walters but more yards for Lockette than Walters; So in their mind,Lockette was the better WR.

I disagree, and here’s why; Watching the televised scrimmage/practices on the internet, and the Denver and SD preseason plus the stats from the Bears game (where Walters didn’t play), from my viewpont, Walters ran more precise routes, blocked better, looked smoother catching the ball, and in general seemed to do his assignment correctly and more fluidly than the other two WR’s.

Walters also caught several types of passes and ran differing routes, enough to show me he’s more game-ready than the others. He’s tough, runs good routes, and has great hands: he can take a hit and just seems like a guy who can make plays.

I’m saying this as a guy who played HS football and made up for being small by being exceptionally small…but I got the job done. I ido lied Largent, but Walters is not a pet or a football crush for me; when I watch him, I see Doug Baldwin. I was right about Baldwin, I think Walters can play too.

Plus, Walters has the knack for punt returns and that means ET can go back to FS and not risk becoming Bob Sanders II…

54. Idolized Largent; Damn autocorrect…

55. As for Bates, he’s looked much better than last year and I like him;I just think he needs some more time on the PS as he still looks raw to me, and he doesn’t return kicks…I think Seattle deliberately played games with him and Walters to try to get Bates to the PS. They like Bates a lot, more than Harper, and still want to develop him.

Lockette still isn’t a polished WR, but he’s a badass gunner. In real games, you can plug in Walters anywhere, but Lockette only rarely; Lockette needs more and better WR

56. Lockette needs more and better WR’s around him to get open than Walters does. Bates is still raw like sushi but making strides.

Seattle is keeping so many WR’s because they know Kearse will get good money to be a WR2 elsewhere after this year, and Baldwin’s star is rising.

57. My son thinks Montana Mike is awesome, and I agree. Having lunch with him in Bozeman on a perfect fall day was wonderful…

58. Freaking autocorrect; “I made up for being small by being exceptionally slow..”…

59. MoSeahawk12 says:

Thanks for the update Gregg. I’m hopeful Earl doesn’t return punts. Besides, with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense first up, I think the D will have it’s hands full and all starters will need to conserve energy to run around with those receivers. Earl will be plenty busy without returning punts too.

60. Southendzone says:

Hey Stt, totally agree with your long post on Walters above. He does look like a journeyman Wr who does all the little stuff right. I think of him as our bargain Wes Welker.

As for the roster shenanigans by JS, well done! Anyone know if a move like this has been done before, or is it a JS original?

it won’t necessarily work in the future because all of us were saying hmmmm, What’s up with 7 wr and Bates?

that’s what you call always compete, when your GM thinks up a roster strategy after a Super Bowl season.

go hawks!

Funny how folks around draft time rarely talk about a players (drive to excel).

Maybe that’s what the FO sees in Walters.

If that’s the case I’m fine with him on the 53.

63. montanamike2 says:

Thanks Slave, i enjoyed having lunch with your wonderful family too, thanks for dropping by, it actually felt like a holiday after that. I’m glad your son likes me, he’s a cool kid, i can tell that he’s loved. When i was his age all i did was run around screaming and nobody could catch me, i should’ve been a RB. I wasn’t allowed to go to a restaurant because i was so out of control, that all changed once my Mom got me on Ritalin.

Not that I’m big on regular season MVP awards, (especially when they will present them just before we play in the Super Bowl this season) but I believe this Russell Wilson dude has a shot at winning it despite not putting up top fantasy numbers.

65. mquinn73 says:

Delighted that Walters is back on the 53.

He plays with the right mix of heart, fearlessness and professionalism – and I really hope it means that ET is not returning punts this season.

Also, I really hope that Lane and Simon are fit to play Thursday. I do not like the idea of asking Shead to play corner against any of the Packers wideouts. He’s serviceable at safety, but will be exposed at corner.

66. montanamike2 says:

Georgia i wish you were closer, i think you and STTBM would hit it off over a beer. I’d be there too of course. Even though you guys have some different opinions, he was sympathetic when i told him about what a tough weekend you had with a certain troll. We’ve all been attacked on the live chats. I’m glad we don’t all agree on everything or this would be one boring blog, i believe that a person has the right to change their opinions too, like when a player steps up and surprises, no one can predict that.

67. MikeFromNewJersey says:

When all healthy it’s going to be interesting to see who our 7 inactives will be each week. I know everyone loves the rookie wideout’s but barring injury Norwood and Richardson will almost certainly be inactive most weeks especially if Waletrs is our PR. Because you know Harvin, Baldwin and Kearse are set and Lockette is our top gunner so he will be dressed. Now you add Waletrs to the mix and you have 5 wideouts already. If Richardson or Norwood dress then maybe Lockette or Walters has to sit and those guys have to play specials.

Here is my prediction for inactives

Michael
    Richardson
    Norwood
    Gilliam
    Helfet
    Burley
    Pierre-Louis

Thanks Montana.

I would love to have a beer with STTBM & yourself. I just don’t drink anymore.
    Alcohol doesn’t like me for some reason.

Believe me, I don’t like to attempt to ban any poster here & I never did until this past weekend.
    But it was pretty clear that this troll was taking it to a whole other level with it.

Sad though that some folks choose to egg him on and facilitate it.

I wouldn’t do that to anyone here with a stalking troll. I would have your back if you or anyone else is stalked like that no matter how we had gotten along in the past on this blog.

69. montanamike2 says:

Thanks, trolls suck!

70. montanamike2 says:

And you wouldn’t have to have alcohol, just grab a burger or something.

Btw did STTBM finally close on his house?

I hope so.

72. montanamike2 says:

He’s still working on it, we won’t be able to get together as often when he does move, Kalispell is a lot farther away.

73. On the Livechat during the Raiders game, the troll impersonated me. What was even worse was some commenters implied I was trolling myself for attention. Seriously.

A couple folks backed me up, and Kenny Via and the crew did what they could; it was appreciated.

I stood up for Georgia last year when the same thing happened to him, and to Bobbyk awhile back. Now I can say I truly feel their pain.

For the record, I was mellow and not upset at all during the game; it’s preseason!

74. Yeah, the house has issues and my inspector sucked, but it’s minor stuff; still on pace to close early!

Thanks for asking, Georgia!

75. montanamike2 says:

I was impressed by the first drive of the Raiders game, not so much after the scrubs came in.

76. montanamike2 says:

Sluggo that’s a piss poor article, extra lazy journalism. Game manager with the most wins in his first two years, not even starting his 3rd year after a SB victory. A lot of GM’s got fired for not picking that game manager on their team.

77. sluggo42 says:

I like the part that says he ain’t much, and never will be, hahahaha

78. sluggo42 says:

Slave,
    I had to replace half the plumbing under the house, as well as the lateral from the house, all the way to the main sewer line in the street, almost $20k, in order to sell a house here in SoCal. As well as termite tenting and repair of any termite damage, repair of all issues raised by the home inspector, all told, it was close to $30k.

They don’t want any surprises for the new buyer.

79. HawkfaninMT says:

IF Lane is inactive… Do the Hawks already trust the new guy(Burley) to play Nickle corner instead of Shead?

Shead has the experience, but it reads like Burley had a pretty amazing PreSeason

80. chuck_easton says:

Team has already said that if Lane can’t go at nickel then Shead would likely play the position.

New guy probably isn’t ready yet.

If the team really kept Bates on the active roster until all teams set their final rosters and practice squads that is an indication that the team would like to keep him. They would make room on the PS.

This team’s FO are constantly shuffling guys on and off the PS during the season to build a ghost roster.

It will depend on how Irvin is feeling at today’s practice and tomorrow’s walk through whether he’s active for Thursday or he’s one of the inactives.

It sounds like there are enough players that are ‘banged up’ that the inactive list will pretty much write itself for this week.

81. princeaden says:

montanamike, I’m driving from the Bakken to Seattle early in the am for a wedding on the 6th. Would love to see your bar and shake your hand. Which place in Bozeman are you? maybe we can make it work on the way there or back. you can email me if you prefer at tskaarer@yahoo

Chuck,
    do you think the NFL & or NFLPAs main purpose for an inactive list is to influence teams from playing injured to borderline injured players & possibly putting them in harms way for further injury?

83. CDHawkFan says:

I think there is a 1% chance Irvin will play this week, and maybe 10% chance the week after.

Guy is coming off surgery which happened months ago, just started practice this week, how and the heck will he be ready to go with just a few days of properly working out – football style?

Different guy, different hip surgery, but Harvin started practicing late October, but didn’t play until Nov 18th, then off until January.

Is Irvin superman to be expected back the same week he starts practicing? I would assume he would be back after the bye, just surprised he isn’t officially ‘out’ yet.

84. GeorgieHawk says:

Some people just don’t know when to stop.

85. chuck_easton says:

I agree on Irvin.

I’m just going off the usual PC statement that there is a ‘chance’ Irvin will play this week. And there is a ‘chance’ Norwood will play this week.

As we all know with Carroll that ‘chance’ is, in reality, less likely than me winning the lottery today.

Tomorrow we will hear it’s a ‘game time decision’ for both of them. And as we all well know, 99.99999% of the time this team’s game time decision is that the player ‘just wasn’t quite ready this week…’.

86. chuck_easton says:

Georgia,

The reason for the inactive list does include your thought.

The idea is to ensure an equal playing field.

It’s to avoid a situation where one team has no injured players so they can suit up 53 while the other team might have a couple of players injured.

The team with injured players either has to decide to play short handed, force their players to suit up, or put a player on IR for an injury that might only take a couple of weeks to heal up so that the team can sign enough players to have a full squad.

I know there is a push to have more players active on game day. There is that fine line between allowing players to heal and having a situation where one team has as many as 7 more available bodies than their opponent.

If the NFL would ever adopt a ‘disabled list’ similar to MLB this problem would go away. You could put a player on a 15, 30, 60 or 90 day DL and activate another player.

But you also have to remember that the whole IR list, inactive players, and such was the NFL’s answer to teams like the Cowboys of the 90’s and the 49rs of the 80’s stacking their team and stashing 10-20 players on their IR.

This is why players on IR still have their full salary count towards the cap. It stops teams from being able to pay full salary to 10-15 guys while keeping their roster full as well.

Guys that don’t like teams having to name inactive players can thank the Cowboys and 49rs for their two decades of roster wars.

Thanks for the explanation chuck.

88. MikeFromNewJersey says:

I think the 53 man rosters are too small anyway nowadays, especially with specialty players only playing certain roles. I mean you have guys who only Long Sanp! I remember when Long Snappers actually were players and not JUST Long Snappers. Kevin Mawae I think is the last Hawk player who also served as the Long Snapper. They should go to a 55 man roster with 48 active guys come gameday which I think would make for a better game.

89. Just taking a W.A.G. here, but Seattle may have like Burley and just didnt land him. They also probably scout other teams preseason players as well, and noticed his play. They are likely looking for a backup nickel back since Jefferson got hurt and Adams flamed out.

I dont expect Burley to play the next few weeks, but they eventually will need someone other than Shead there. Simon is an outside corner, Shead is a converted S; they needed a true nickel corner eventually, and like I said, Adams blew his shot. In the meantime, Shead plays if needed, and unless he stinks outright, will keep the job while Burley gets acclimated. That is, if Lane cant go. If Lane is able to play, no problemo; I think he’s gonna be pretty good.

90. Sluggo–Yeah, the house Im trying to buy is old, but well built. The plumbing has been re-done by amateurs, they used a lot of PVC pipe but it works. The wiring is the problem, its 2-wire with some 3-prong outlets–we dont know right now how many have GCI’s and how many are just fake and ungrounded. My inspector wasnt very detailed, he made some mistakes (he assumed stuff), and he wasnt very specific on the wiring issues, so we are having a real electrician take a look and document what needs to be done to get the house to code for its age (grandfathered in).

Re-wiring the entire house with 3-wire would be too costly to bother with. I just want to move in already and have my family under one roof and stop sleeping in my office all week lol!

I might even get watch a Seahawks game in my own damn home by game 4 or 5!

91. HawkfaninMT says:

Re Irvin: If they did not expect him to play in the first few games… Why would they have activated him from the PU List last week? He hadn’t practiced yet, so if they didn’t expect him back by week 6 they would have left him on the PUP. I would say it is unlikely he plays this week, but Week 2 is better than 50% IMO.

Re Burley: I dont know why but I have a good feeling about this kid. Much the same way i felt about Simon last year. I dont know or have a prediction when he will make an impact, but I do believe he will.

92. Who did they cut to get Walters on the 53?

93. montanamike2 says:
  94. montanamike2 says:

princeaden i sent you an e mail, sorry i can only check the site when i can.