1. Singularitarian says:

SO are we sure that he’s not there to negotiate or just talk it out and not there to practice? or was he dressed to workout?

2. jawpeace says:

So Lynch Beast modes himself back into the building!

3. jawpeace says:

Glad Llynch is not afraid of opposing defenses like he is with the media.

4. Singularitarian says:

Never mind. I read more elsewhere and he’s back. very stoked. I didn’t think there was any way Seattle caved. I bet they said “report by Friday and you can have the fines waived, don’t report and it will start to get embarrassing for you” Also it was probably good for him to get more rest, and for Michaels to get more reps with the stating unit. One thing I never worried about was Lynch not practicing, he is a plug and go player

5. HawkyHann says:

Now let’s win another Super Bowl. The man is back! Yesssss!!

6. PLUHawkFan says:

I don’t know how they would do it without redoing his contract, but NFL Network is reporting that the Seahawks have adjusted Marshawns Salary for 2014 from 5 million to 6.5 million. Someone that knows more about contracts can maybe explain this.

I’m ok with it, if it’s just moving money around and he wasn’t given additional money. Guess I’ll wait for an “official breakdown” or more from the Seahawks directly.

7. Hammajamma says:

Sounds like they moved year four roster bonuses and incentives into this season. Essentially they gave him a 1.5 million dollar insurance policy against getting cut next year.

8. rramstad says:

I think that if all they do is guarantee payment of bonuses, it doesn’t count as anything significant. It may be that there’s a clause in every contract that says “these incentives can be earned by doing X or paid at the discretion of the club” and since the incentive always counts against the cap — unless that year goes by and it’s conclusively not paid, and then I think it can be carried to a future year — since it counts against the cap and the contract isn’t actually being rewritten, then there’s no real change. They give Marshawn’s agent a letter that says “the Seahawks elect to pay Marshawn Lynch X for clause A, B and C” and then write him a check, and you’re done. No new contract.

Pretty sure that’s how it works. Same with the fines. “Seahawks waive the right to fine Marshawn Lynch for absence from day X to day Y and agree to reimburse ML for any monies paid” and write a check if necessary.