Seahawks regular-season tickets sold out

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on July 21, 2014 at 2:28 pm with 18 Comments »
July 21, 2014 2:29 pm

No surprise. From the team:

Renton, Wash. – The Seattle Seahawks 2014 regular season is sold out, the team announced today. Single-game tickets went on sale this morning at 10 a.m. at the CenturyLink Field Box Office and through Ticketmaster. A limited number of tickets remain for preseason games.

The club capped season-ticket memberships at 63,000, the most in franchise history. The Blue Pride season ticket wait list, which gives fans the option to purchase future season tickets, is also sold out with 12,000 memberships. This year’s season ticket renewal rate of 99% is also the highest in franchise history.

Preseason tickets can be purchased through ticketmaster.com or Ticketmaster by phone at 800-745-3000. Regular season tickets are also available through NFL Ticket Exchange, the official secondary marketplace of the Seattle Seahawks.

Seahawks Training Camp, presented by Bing, opens this Friday and all 12 practices open to the public are also sold out.

1. There has to be a better way to get tickets, pick seats. Ticketmaster is pathetic.I did get one ticket it took me 1:45 min of web page timeouts, telephone explanations of NFL rules (Legal Bags allowed)only to start all over again.Got one ticket for the Cards game will have to find another on E bay or somewhere.

2. wazzulander says:

MikeRob on a potential leadership void: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-07-16/seahawks-salaries-michael-robinson-leadership-richard-sherman-russell-wilson-roster-age-seattle-super-bowl-chances?eadid=outbrain

I can see Sherman and Baldwin as vocal locker room leaders (Rice too, if he makes the team) who will keep guys in line, but it may be something to keep an eye on down the road. RW sets a great example with his preparation and work ethic, so when he does choose to be vocal I think it resonates well with the team, but I think so far he has often been deferring to veterans.

3. doubledink says:

the coaches are aware of the loss of veteran leadership and will be talking some guys up to fill that role. I see Earl, Kam, Mebane, Unger, and Zack as that kind of leader.

Will Bates master the WR position & surprise us all?

He talks a little about his fight with Sherman here-

5. Ray_Maines says:

There really is something wrong with a system that sells out every available ticket in 90 seconds, but the scalpers have all the tickets you could ever want for five times face value.

I have no proof, I’m just making stuff up, but I swear Ticketmaster and VenueKing get an unfair first shot at these tickets.

6. The “potential leadership void” is baloney.

At one point last season Mr Robinson followed Lynch into the bathroom in the lockeroom with a live camera, and put the camera over the toilet stall and filmed him. I know he was beloved and was a sort of leader, but I think it is over stated. Lynch really didn’t like the camera in the locker room and will probably not miss that kind of “leadership”. It’s not like they can’t talk during the season anyway. Of course they still can and probably will.

We may miss some of the guys for what they did on the field, but the team hasn’t lost any major “leaders”. That is just another off-season thing to kill time.

7. buhnaynuh says:

I was able to secure tickets to the Giants and Cardinals home games while using the Ticketmaster App on my phone.

I was surprised, for this was about 15 minutes after tickets when on sale and had tried for the Niners and Broncos game using the same App right at 10am.

This being said, I do believe that Ticketmaster has made it difficult for regular people to purchase tickets. I guess this is the problem we have now that the Hawks have won a Super Bowl, and what a great problem it is!

8. AzulVerde says:

I agree about leadership, I doubt there will be any void. Thats not to say some of the old guard won’t be missed in leadership roles, but new guys will step in.

One potential problem I do see brewing however is the new Legion of Boom Rule

Goodell and the NFL owners are really overdoing this we want 100points a game thing they have going…
    *sigh

My2centsWorth

9. Ray_Maines says:

I just read the Phil Bates article and he sounds like a really great guy. He’s 6’2″ 220 lbs. and he’s getting better every day, so what’s not to like? Well, except there are currently 13 WR’s on the roster competing for 6 or maybe 7 spots.

OK, we cross out Arceto Clark, Taylor Price, Kevin Smith and Brian Walters. Now PB is one of 9 guys trying for 6-7 spots. After reading the article I’m in love with the guy, but is he really better than Sidney Rice, Kevin Norwood, Chris Matthews and/or Ricardo Lockette?

That’s pretty long odds. Love ya. Write if you find work.

Is Bate’s and/or Matthews eligible for P.S. this season.

11. Ray_Maines says:

BUILD THE TIP

A couple of fans want to build a bronze statue of RS tipping the ball away from some mediocre receiver to clinch the NFC championship game.

What do you all think?

12. This was a Championship team!

13. FleaFlicker says:

Ray M,

I’m a bit opposed to that kind of hagiography while a guy is still an active player. And the The Tip is the defining Richard Sherman play to this point.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge RS fan. And I remember back on April 30, 2011 right after we drafted him and Yankinta predicted that Sherman would be on the cover of Madden within three years…took me about 18 more months to get fully on board (it was the 2012 game @ Carolina where Steve Smith almost had a psychotic episode due to Sherman being up his a$$ for three straight hours). And until he hangs up his cleats, I’ll always be a supporter.

Once Sherman is retired and/or joins the Ring of Honor and/or gives a speech in a yellow jacket…then I think it’s more appropriate to put up a statue that will always be identified with a single player.

Just my humble opinion.

14. Southendzone says:

I’m all for the statue. The play was awesome and legendary.

Only hang-up for me is I’m always skeptical about these ‘crowd-funding’ projects. Every one of them seems like half a scam to me. How do we know that the organizers aren’t paying themselves a $15k each “administration fee” off the top?

They have already selected the artist, what if the market rate for a bronze statue is.. I dunno $100k, and this guy said he’s gonna do it for $150k and they didn’t get competitive offers because this chosen artist is their buddy?

When something is really popular or in the news, people try to make money off it. From phony Hurricane Katrina charities to potential loose accounting of the $ contributed to this statue.

I love the idea, hate the method. If they could make the whole thing transparent & legit I’d be in 100%.

15. RDPoulsbo says:

The problem with getting tickets in general is the team raised the number of season ticket holders to the point that there were only 1000 left for each game for the single game buyers. With huge demand for a small supply of tickets, the chances of actually getting some are pretty slim. It was infuriating to have to sit through those long disclaimers just to find out you were out of luck, try another game, sit through that crap again and be out of luck yet again. At the very least, Ticketmaster could tell you up front the tickets you requested are out or even hold the tickets you requested, then make you sit through the bag policy junk before payment.

So yeah, that’s what high demand and low supply gets you. The extra 2000 seats at the south end of the stadium are nice, but didn’t make a dent the demand. It would be nice if they’d expand the Hawk Nest and add a few more thousand seats there.

16. sluggo42 says:

How hard is it to get packer tickets?

17. rramstad says:

RDPoulsbo, the NFL requires a certain percentage of tickets be held out and sold as singles. The Seahawks comply with that rule. I do not believe that the 1000 tickets per game is accurate — unless the NFL changed their rule, I believe that 10% of the venue has to be sold as single game tickets.

It is impossible to get Packer tickets, and I am not sure about the new stadium but in the old stadium Giants tickets were basically impossible as well. Patriots tickets in the old stadium were hard to get… I lived in the area and the only way you could get tickets was to have the phone numbers for the out of area Ticketmaster outlets that would sell Patriots tickets i.e. numbers for Vermont, Maine. I distinctly remember being at work on the on sale date and using eight extensions with three friends to redial… so the kind of problem people are having getting Seahawks tickets is not a new thing, just the technology has changed, so the games are selling out faster than before but it’s also easier to use the web than to redial for 40 minutes.

18. PostalBob says:

cerjam
    JULY 21, 2014 AT 3:13 PM

eMail me for information on purchasing Tix for Seahawks games at face value. bobr at mac dot com