Training camp sold out

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on June 26, 2014 at 12:18 pm with 42 Comments »
June 26, 2014 12:41 pm

Registration opened to the public this morning at 10 a.m. and sold out within 45 minutes. More than 30,000 spots for the 12 practices were filled.

Here’s the training camp schedule:

Friday, July 25

Tuesday, August 12

10:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.

Wednesday, August 13

10:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.

Break Camp

1. jawpeace says:

The article on ACL was interesting though I thought they missed a big part of the story. They mentioned Sims at 29 in October 1984 tearing his ACL and ending his career. But neglected to mention Curt Warner a month earlier who tore his ACL and more in the opener-also in 84. Young Curt was one of the first to come back after such a catastrophic knee injury. This should have been mentioned in the article.

2. yankinta says:

This report is a LIE!!

All the tickets were sold out within the first 3 mintues because, I was trying to buy it at 10:03AM and wasn’t able to…. smh

3 minutes is “within 45″. Pretty remedial. Also, I suspect your issues had something to do with the particular practice(s) you wanted to attend because I personally know someone who got tickets to two practices at approx. 10:10. SMH…

4. SandpointHawk says:

Start Satire Font: Maybe they knew who you are Yank and it was personal….SMH

5. Hey y’all. Most of the people who have been around a while usually only see me posting during the training camp days as I usually get to post on practices from the fan perspective on the berm…

Sadly I won’t get to write any of my long rambling fan reports this year.

6. Why do some people put “SMH” at the end of their posts?

You know the season is close: KD is here. Can’t wait for the practice reports.

rbuzby – Some of us do it ironically. Only one person actually uses it sincerely.

9. tunapoki says:

I bought it when it was only open to season ticket holders and weekend practices were sold out before it went to public. It is amazing how popular they are this year.

10. AzulVerde says:

Rbuzby, it’s a texting or email or internet slang term SMH =Shakes(ing) my head. “incase you didn’t know” hard to tell by your question if you didn’t know meaning or were just asking why some use it.

My2CentsWorth

11. bsinnitt says:

Yankinta – not that it matters now but you needed to continually refesh the page for the date you wanted until it let you in. I started trying around 10:03 and couldn’t get in until 10:25 because there was so much traffic on the site.

12. Both elated and sad that there is a limit to those that can attend camp. The sign of success the demand indicates is all we ever had hoped for with this team. The fact that someone wants the chance to go and can’t is repulsive.
    I was fortunate enough to attend every camp in Cheney and “rode the fences” when there were not even 30 people out there yet alone 3,000. So many memories with my son and wife that it is sad to know others will not get that chance.

13. Southendzone says:

Regardless of if it was 2 minutes of 45 minutes, the ticket distribution for Hawk tickets is always a pile of crap.

You shouldn’t need to know tricks like refresh the page repeatedly, or jiggle the handle on your toilet to get the process to work.

Bet you anything that secondary market ticket sites are loaded with those goddamn tickets right now, just like for the 2 playoff games last season.

It’s the #1 non-football related problem the organization should be trying to solve. You should be able to put your name in a lottery and they contact you if you are drawn. If drawn you have the option to buy only a limited # of seats, maybe 2 or 4. They system is built now to assist the Razorgator, Vivid Seats, Stubhubs of the world.

14. I read HawksKD’s post as saying there won’t be any practice reports this year because he couldn’t get in.

The local bandwagon is full. It almost seems like the best bet for Seahawks fans to see the team is to travel.

The prices for the opener are insane. StubHub is listing prices on the 50 yard line behind the Seahawks bench, that aren’t too far from what I paid for similar seats to watch the Super Bowl. And that’s the freaking Super Bowl!

15. S…M..MF…H. :( I guess we might as well look at the bright side. If there were a lot of tickets left for practices it means the team most likely sucks. sooooooo now err’body wants to be a part of the action, boss. That’s cool. However, I don’t understand the disdain for so called “bandwagon” fans. Does it make them any less of a fan of the team? After years in the NFL media basement I think it’s great there are “12′s” all over the country now. Keeps Seattle in the public eye and reminds all other NFL fan bases that the Seahawks and their fans are now a force to be reckoned with….I dig that. For example, I don’t watch Mariner baseball when they are terrible or mediocre but you can bet your sweet sticky buns if they have another run like 1995 or 2001 I’ll be the biggest M’s fan at around. I don’t think sitting thru God awful season after season of frustration and agony makes me a better or more relevant fan. Anyways….Happy fridizzle to y’all. Go Hawks…

16. wazzulander says:

We might not see another baseball season like 1995 and 2001 for the rest of our lifetimes. I’m excited that it appears we will at least have some meanigful games this season after the all-star break.

Anyone who has training camp tickets they aren’t going to use needs to send them to HawksKD, we need those camp reports!

17. I Think we have a new term for COMPETE on this blog. Last night a 8 month pregnant woman Alesia Montano ran in the NCAA National Outdoor Track and Field Champineships in Sacramento,CA. in the 800 Meter event and finished JUST 35 SECONDS behind the winning time!

18. Ray_Maines says:

And in fact…..

I think you could argue that the “Bandwagon” fan is the best fan of all! If all of us refused to spend one red cent on tickets, team clothing or anything else team related while our favorite team stunk, ownership and management would be motivated produce a better product or at least lower the price.

The dupes that are willing to pay through the nose for stadium tickets and team jerseys are the ones keeping the prices high and the quality low in places like Jacksonville, Dallas, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Oakland.

Conversely, those “true fans” are the ones that let heads up owners like Paul Allen gain advantage and produce winners even in a league designed to produce 32 teams all with 8-8 records.

I find it hard to believe that Paul Allen is motivated to produce a better team for profit.

I believe he wants to produce a better team because he is proud to have a great team in Seattle.

He understands the special relationship the 12th man has with the Seahawks.

And he wants a great team for all the fans & himself. From the fans in the beginning to the fans that began today.

I don’t know about the other owners but we are really lucky to have Allen as our Seahawks owner.

Allen doesn’t need the money like I don’t need a case of beer!

20. GH, good post. But we would still take another six pack, right?

21. I think a guy like Paul has few goals left to achieve and bringing championships to his home town is high on his list. Remember he only bought the team after we voted (at his expense) to prove that we really wanted to keep them.

22. Too bad you biggots on this blog can not understand the significance of what that pregnant woman did last night at the USATF National Meet!

23. I think its great what pregnant woman did, can she catch a football.

24. I will bet she can run faster than you and still catch a football.

How many National Collegate Meets have you competed in?

25. Southendzone says:

WHAT?!! Some one finished 2nd in a college ladies track and field event? Please give me a moment to regain my composure!

Thats almost as impressive as the time i dropped my toast and it landed jelly side up.

26. Ray_Maines says:

Osbrey: I don’t think you’re logged into the Blog you think you are. This one is about the NFL Seahawks, PG women running 800 meters really isn’t part of our general conversational stream. None of us begrudge her anything but nobody really cares either. Love ya man, but Go ‘Hawks.

27. Ray_Maines says:

And besides that…..

35 seconds in a 800M race is huge! You, me, and most of the rest of us can run 800M only 35 seconds slower than a championship caliber 22 year old woman.

God bless everybody for every effort they make, but my own third degree black belt daughter was doing Karate into her ninth month.

28. bsinnitt says:

On the Paul Allen topic, the media seems to neglect the fact that in the salary cap age the impact of the owner has become who they hire for the front office positions and facilities. Nice having an owner that pays top dollar for the non-player staff and was wiling to build a sweet facility on some piece of lakefront dirt he happened to have sitting around.

29. SandpointHawk says:

You spelled her name wrong it’s Alysia Montano. She wasn’t really competing to win, she just didn’t want to get lapped.

Now why is this important to Seahawk fans?

Is this just a sly way for Prisco to pull Seahawks fans in just to piss them off?

First on one hand he makes Mebane his most underrated player in the NFL (which makes sense).

Right after that he says you could also make a case for Wilson & Lynch being the most overrated players.

Go figure?

Just when I was starting to warm up to him in this article he does it again. Lol.

31. montanamike2 says:

I have never liked anything Pete Pricko writes about the ‘Hawks. Anytime he has ever said anything slightly positive about us, it’s because we’ve proved him wrong to where he can’t backtrack, like say all the playoff games and a Superbowl. He must be a Jets or Browns fan and his bias can be pretty blatant. Osbrey, the woman who ran a marathon that late in her pregnancy is impressive. I’m a little worried about STTBM, he had a demotion in line, while to most of us that doesn’t make a ton of sense, when you consider his whole happiness and the fact that he has a family with 2 very small children, i guess it makes more sense. We haven’t heard from him after, so he’s probably disappointed and depressed, maybe i’m wrong, i hope so, but he’s probably contemplating his next move. I’ve been trapped in life before and it can be overwhelming. I hope we hear from him again soon, that’s one of the reasons we have football, so we can look forward to something as a distraction, and we love our team. Either way, i hope we hear from him soon.

32. DanielleMND says:

Prisco is a moron. Seriously.

33. Southendzone says:

Yeah, no reason for him to mention that “Oh I could make a case for ML and RW”, then not do it. He should have left that line out because when he chose his actual overrated Seahawk – Unger, well that’s a decent call for last year.

34. montanamike2 says:

Unger was injured last year.

If Unger & the rest can stay healthy this season #11 would be more than good enough to help this team make a Super Bowl run again.

For now though #11 is just too high imo.

Maybe seeing them ranked #11 (in this article) will get STTBM back?

Anyways hope things are going well for him.

36. montanamike2 says:

LOL #11! Philly at #1?

37. montanamike2 says:

Pretty slow these days.

Pregnant women running is where we’re at now? And if we don’t give a rip about it, we’re “biggots”? My lord.

39. MoSeahawk12 says:

The end of the offseason can be a terrible, terrible place…..

40. SandpointHawk says:

Wouldn’t misogynist be a better choice of words?

Remember the good old days when the Seahawks sucked and we discussed football?

Sand – I thought that too. Lol