Seahawks get their Super Bowl rings

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on June 19, 2014 at 10:44 pm with 115 Comments »
June 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Here it is:

The white gold Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII championship ring features a three-dimensional Seahawks logo of 64 round diamonds with a vibrant emerald hue tsavorite eye. The iconic logo is outlined in blue and is framed by 12 diamonds. The Vince Lombardi Trophy, comprised of one marquis diamond, stands in the background amongst a sea of 107 round diamonds with a border reading “WORLD CHAMPIONS”. Forty blue sapphires surround the ring top flanked by two “12″ flags.

The shank, or sides of the ring, tells the story of the championship season. One shank includes the team’s final record of 16-3, a southward view of CenturyLink Field with the “12″ flag and Mt. Rainier, highlighted with the individual player’s name and number. The other side features the Seattle skyline, Vince Lombardi Trophy with a marquis diamond, Super Bowl XLVIII logo and NFL shield.

The ring band features 12 feathers, similar to the markings on the team uniforms. The phrases “LEAVE NO DOUBT”, “24/7″, “SEA 43- DEN 8″ and “WHAT’S NEXT?” are engraved inside each ring.

1. bsinnitt says:

Wow, over the top bad ass! They all deserve it. Job well done fellas.

2. vichawkfan says:

“What’s next?”

Bet that’s never been scribed on a ring before. Great mindset PC instills man…wow

3. Prolly cost more than a dollar two ninety-eight for one of those!

4. seatowntp says:

What is the monetary value of each ring?

5. UltimateHawk says:

Where do I pick mine up?

6. Southendzone says:

Those are the most awesome looking things ever created by the hands of men.

7. SandpointHawk says:

I hear they will have them at the Pro Shop…Special 12th Man version…

8. HawkFromDay1 says:

This “Tiffany” chick really knows what she’s doing…

9. Awesome ring. Most players with them in the past talk about how they are “too big” to really wear in real life unless they are trying to show off. I think a good idea for their “next one” would be to get something human sized (I would have gone big with bling on the first one though).

10. banosser says:

Pure Awesomeness

I hope the players are smart enough to keep them in a safe place & not go around showing them off much.

I wonder how many were made & who all got one.

Wow! Just amazing to see.

12. Well, I think the ring is gross; it looks like a ring from a Parody movie like Fear of a Black Hat, or Don’t Be A Menace 2 Society While…

Seriously, how many slogans are inscribed on that ring?! How about putting the entire Book if Revelations on there while we’re at it?

The only part I like is the side with the Needle.

It’s ridiculously over the top, outlandish, and tacky. Did Snoop Dogg design it?

Absolutely awesome to have winning SB rings, but these just make me want Seattle to win it all again so they get another shot at making a ring with some class…

God has now spoken. Lol.

14. Ok, perhaps I was a bit harsh; I don’t wear anything jewelry-like except my Celtic wedding band, so I’m probably not a good judge.

I think it would have been better if the ring were smaller, and the Seahawks emblem outlined in Blue more distinctly, and/or with Blue stones inside.

I don’t think they could have crammed anything else onto that ring unless it had multiple finger holes and extended across the knuckles lol!

15. Georgia–Hardly; but my dissenting opinion–though sure to be unpopular as hell–is worth as much as anyone elses: jack. It’s merely a personal opinion, not even an analysis of a player or play…

16. chuck_easton says:

SB Rings are supposed to be gaudy. That’s the whole idea.

17. STTBM the Emerald eye is watching

After 37 years of painful waiting, I’m glad they put that bad-ass ring over the top. To me, that’s the most beautiful piece of jewelry I’ve ever seen.

19. chuck_easton says:

And to be quite honest, as SB Rings go, those are quite tasteful and somewhat understated.

Go figure.

Well said Duke & Chuck!

21. They look better in the pics here than seeing them on players fingers; they are HUGE.

Chuck–Tasteful is a judgement call, I wont argue with you on that one, but Undestated?! Are we looking at the same ring lol?!

Dukeshire/Chuck–I hear you. They are generally gaudy, and its awesome to have SB winning rings.

22. SRVHawk81 says:

It’s certainly over-the-top. That’s what SB rings are. It’s not a time for humility. I can’t find a problem with it personally.

P.S. Yanker says the Hawks will have plenty of opportunities over the next few years to design a different ring. Have no fear.

23. aelliott11 says:

STTBM: Have you ever seen a Super Bowl ring before? They’re not really meant to be worn, they’re trophies.

As SB rings go, this is incredibly tasteful, classy, and it’s soooo cool how much they incorporated the city and the 12th man. You don’t see that in a lot of other rings.

Chill.

24. FleaFlicker says:

Man, can we all just enjoy the moment for once?

25. Perhaps, like our Uniforms and helmets, the ring will grow on me.

I still hate the stupid tacky Nike Swoosh on the shoulder of the jerseys where a big ass Seahawk emblem should be, it looks Corporate as hell. But the rest of the uni’s and helmets look good to me now.

Its likely Im just really old-fashioned for my age, and change bothers me at first. But for now, thats my opinion on the rings and Im sticking to it.

26. yankinta says:

lol, love this quote “Of course Lynch showed — as if he had any other options. But what if Lynch had skipped out? What if he’d said he was drawing a line in the sand or that he was done with the Seahawks?

It would have been a blow to lose such a great, physical back. And Seattle’s win total would have dipped from 12 to 11.”

YankinTa completely agrees with that… :)

27. SRVHawk81 says:

Good thing Yankinta doesn’t run the Seahawks. They’d be Jaguars-West if he did. SMH, LOL, ROTFLMAO, etc..

Well we can always go over & celebrate this great moment on another Seahawks blog until the wet blanket is removed I guess.

29. chrisj122 says:

The Seahawks Super Bowl ring debate is one debate I will never grow tired of.

So let me add my two cents.

The ring is EFFIN AWESOME!!!!!
    Are you kidding me it’s a friggin SUPER BOWL RING!!!!

30. chrisj122 says:

I believe Paul Allen handed out more rings than what is normally given.

People who have been associated with the team going way back was given a ring as well.
    I believe Steve Raible, Warren Moon and other media members who have covered the team for years received one. I even think some lady who works in the office headquarters for years received one.

31. SRVHawk81 says:

That’s really cool if true.

32. Southendzone says:

They could have put a damn spinning disco ball with a neon strobe light on top of each ring and it wouldn’t have been over-the-top.

They are awesome and beautiful in every regard.

The biggest accomplishment in team history deserves this level of recognition.

33. RDPoulsbo says:

Yeah, these rings are really over the top, but they’re supposed to be over the top. They aren’t really meant to be worn as everyday jewelry you know, more like to be placed in display cases to be viewed. These are the players’ SB trophies while Paul Allen gets the Lombardi.

As for the description that too is over the top. I do suspect a cut and paste job there, I doubt Todd would ever write such flowery prose. :)

34. yankinta says:

SRVHawk81,, yeah that may true but I definitely would have picked RW in the first round on 2012…. :)

35. Southendzone says:

Super bowl rings given out to the NFL team owned by STTBM:

36. South–LOL! Awesome dude! I love it!

Chris–That is really cool if true.

Georgia–Sorry to rain on your parade with a dissenting opinion. Just for you, I will leave my opinion as already stated, How’s that?!

Carry on!

Again, regardless of my opinion of the ring, its AWESOME to have a winning SB ring in Seattle! We now have TWO SB appearances, and a victory so decisive even Goodell and the Ref’s couldnt steal this one from us!

Eat a Diiii%%$! Goodell! Im still stoked about the constipated look on his face as he watched Seattle destroy the Broncos! Best. Moment.EVER!!

37. MoSeahawk12 says:

This first ever Superbowl ring is awesome. I love how they put the score, and each players name on the side along with the recognition of the 12′s. These rings are not supposed to be subtle. These are world championship rings. These are a symbol of a historical season, not meant to be worn daily like a wedding ring or a watch. I’m glad they kept them silver and didn’t ruin them with gold.

38. chrisj122 says:

Honestly, the coolest thing on the ring is the stadium roof line on the side profile of the ring.

If your not from Seattle or have never seen the stadium you probably wouldn’t even notice it.

39. yankinta says:

I did not like nor agree with the last Q/A here…

“RaidersFan asked what the status of Terrelle Pryor is, and which players he’s taking reps with.

Danny O’Neil: Well, this isn’t going to make you happy. I think the release of Keith Price was actually a sign the Seahawks are very encouraged by Pryor’s progress. The Seahawks have thought that Pryor has responded to instruction — both in terms of technique and the playbook — very well, and he’s picked up things quicker than people expected. There’s no guarantee Pryor makes the team, and if he does, it would be as a No. 3 QB, but the team is encouraged.”

The best case Scenario is to have Pryor make it as a 2nd QB and trade T-Jack. We don’t want to carry 3QB on roster, that may cost us Sidney Rice. I believe Lockette will make it roster due to the fact that he’s become an outstanding special team player….

40. seahawkNJ says:

chrisj122 – I didn’t notice that. Thanks for pointing that out. Very cool!

41. Why would some team trade for T-Jack when he was just a free agent a couple of months ago?

42. RDPoulsbo says:

T-Jack’s contract is guaranteed. Especially at his age and role, that means he’s on the team regardless. Pryor is a 3rd string QB with a similar skillset as Wilson, though obviously not as good. At this point, he’s just a scout team QB that will spend more time with the DC to give the defense the looks they want for upcoming games than anything. That’s if he makes the team at all. Right now for me, he’s just a big whatever. Remember when BJ Daniels was to be the backup of the future? Exactly.

43. MoSeahawk12 says:

There’s no trade market for TJack.

44. I cant see a universe where Pryor unseats T-Jack this year. They may very well keep 3 qb’s this season. Time will tell.

I think they keep all 3. While Pryor isnt ready to backup RW, he’s a crazy athlete, and if they think they can get him up to speed in a year, they will keep him.

45. yankinta says:

BobbyK and MoSeahawk12, there would be trade market, if there are QB injuries in the training camp or in Preseason….

RDPoulsbo,, BJ still has a future with us. He’ll be on P-Squad again this year. Obviously BJ beat out Kieth Price. T-Jack will not be here next season,, and Pryor will not be either. BJ should be our backup QB next year…. I’ll call you out then, :)

46. Southendzone says:

Seems overpriced, but fairly cool.

I had to have someone point out that CLINK roof view on the side of the ring. It is a cool feature.

Heard speculation on twitter that the 40 sapphires on the ring are symbolic of our SB40 appearance.

47. doubledink says:

Mo,
    You telling me we can’t get a 3rd rounder for him!?!? There goes next year’s draft. Deep dark depression coming on…

48. As much as I hated T-Jack the starter, I hope he’s here as our back-up for another 3-5 years. Nobody else will give him a chance to be the starter, nor should they imo, but as a back-up – I’ll take him (and keep him).

49. jawpeace says:

Sttbm still agree with you on the Jersey. I have not bought a Nike Jersey for the very reason you stated. I have really debated getting a Wagner jersey since that is my last name, plus Bobby is also a good character Hawk and great player. I was thinking of getting a Hawk patch and have it sown over one of the Swishes.

50. jawpeace–I was thinking of doing the same thing. I cant decide whether to buy a Baldwin or Kearse jersey. We’d have to find two nice Seahawk patches, and then have them sewed on, but it would be worth it…

I don’t see Jackson being traded but who knows.

I think if anything he will be cut.

I think he can be a good backup in a pinch, however if he had to lead us to wins in the three or four games it takes to win a Super Bowl I would say let’s try someone else.

His end of the half & end of the game performances were about as bad as a QB can get in the NFL.

No way we even come close to beating the 49ers in the NFC championship game with Jackson at QB.

Seems like a nice teammate though.

The way Pryor has been running in camp maybe the FO will keep just two TEs until they figure out a plan for him.

That is if they don’t make him the backup QB.

53. chuck_easton says:

Jackson’s contract is guaranteed this year. If they cut him they still pay him and still take the CAP hit.

He’s on the team.

54. Someone should produce a sew on patch designed to fit over the Nike logo on jerseys. I suggest a one that looks like the Super Bowl ring.
    I’d buy it.

55. blueshq–Thats a good idea. I’d buy whatever to put over that stupid swoosh…

56. A few years ago I was in a bar near Glacier Nat. Park watching a preseason game and I got to hold a guy’s Super Bowl ring. He was a kicker for the Raiders way back. It was huge and gross but quite a trophy. I think ours is pretty classy compared to most. I don’t remember his name but it doesn’t matter he was a Raider and kicker.

57. If Pryor is the backup and Wilson goes down for 1 game, then kiss HFA goodbye. If he goes down for 2 games, kiss the division goodbye. If he goes down for 4 or more games, kiss the playoffs goodbye.

The Front Office isn’t stupid enough to go into this season with Pryor as a backup QB. They have a great insurance policy which can win the team some games if bad things happen.

58. SRVHawk81 says:

Surely someone will trade the Hawks a 1st and 2nd round pick in the 2045 draft for TJack! You’ll must be new to this.

59. SandpointHawk says:

Pabs, right again….

60. SandpointHawk says:

The Seahawks have not disclosed the cost of the rings. The NFL gives teams $5,000 per ring for up to 150 rings, but teams can spend more on the rings and order more rings. Usually, the jeweler absorbs the extra costs, then releases a line of jewelry for fans based on the ring’s design.

Thinking these puppies might have cost more than 5K.

Link used for the mention of our favorite Seahawks this off season. T-Jack, James Carpenter and Jesse Williams…

Check out the Bama National Championship ring if you think the Hawks went overboard…

61. Blueshq–IT was probably Jaeger. Jim Jeager or Jean Jeager…his Dad used to work with my dad..the Dad was a putz.

Pabs–Yeah, if Pryor makes the team it will be as a third string qb this year.

62. The Stanford rings for winning a crappy bowlgame were bigger and uglier by far. The Bama ring is also bigger and uglier. Gross!

I stand corrected; Seattle’s ring is better by far. I will not disparage it ever again after seeing those two monstrosities…And the C-link roofline on the side edge is cool…

63. jawpeace says:

I would do the logo on one sleeve and our first championship ring logo on the other.

64. I don’t think any back-up QB could have gotten us to beat the 49ers last year in the NFC Championship Game.

65. wazzulander says:

I’m going to use a pic of that ring as my avatar/logo for the fantasy football league I play in with a bunch of whiner fans. I wonder what Chris Carter’s championship ring looks like? oh, wait, never mind.

66. Nice ring. But I am greedy – I want another.

67. Just for fun, I redid my previous roster analysis based on OTA reports. Just a few changes really…..

Defensive line: Last year kept 10
    Virtual locks: Brandon Mebane, Tony McDaniel, Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, Kevin Williams
    Looking safe: Jordan Hill, Greg Scruggs, Cassius Marsh
    Longer odds: O’Brian Schofield, D’Anthony Smith, Benson Mayowa, Michael Brooks, Dewayne Cherrington, Jackson Jeffcoat, Andru Pulu, Jimmy Staten

Linebackers: Last year kept 7
    Virual locks: K.J. Wright, Bobby Wagner, Bruce Irvin, Malcolm Smith
    Looking safe: Kevin Pierre-Louis, Korey Toomer
    Longer odds: Mike Morgan, Brock Coyle, Mike Taylor, Heath Farwell

Defensive backs: Last year kept 9
    Virtual locks: Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Byron Maxwell, Jeremy Lane
    Looking safe: De Shawn Shead, Tharold Simon
    Longer odds: Eric Pinkins , Jeron Johnson, Phillip Adams, Akeem Auguste, Dion Bailey, Chandler Fenner, A.J. Jefferson, Terrance Parks

68. And on offence……

Quarterbacks: Last year kept 2
    Virtual lock: Russell Wilson
    Looking safe: Tarvaris Jackson.
    Longer odds: Terrelle Pryor, B.J. Daniels

Running backs: Last year kept 5
    Virtual locks: Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, Christine Michael,
    Looking safe: Derrick Coleman.
    Longer odds: Spencer Ware, Kiero Small, Dimitrius Bronson

Wide receivers: Last year kept 5
    Virtual locks: Percy Harvin, Doug Baldwin, Paul Richardson
    Looking safe: Jermaine Kearse, Kevin Norwood
    Longer odds: Sidney Rice, Phil Bates, Arceto Clark, Ricardo Lockette, Chris Mathews, Taylor Price, Bryan Walters

Tight ends: Last year kept 2
    Virtual Locks: Zach Miller, Luke Willson
    Looking safe: Anthony McCoy
    Longer odds: Chase Dixon, Cooper Helfet,

Offensive line: Last year kept 10
    Virtual locks: Russell Okung, Max Unger, J.R. Sweezy, Michael Bowie, Alvin Bailey, Justin Britt
    Looking safe: Lemuel Jeanpierre, James Carpenter, Garry Gilliam
    Longer odds: Stephen Schilling, Caylin Hauptmann, Irwin Bronson, Jared Smith, Greg Van Roten

69. I just looked it up. He was Errol Mann. He died in 2013 after living in Missoula for 25 years.

70. Blocis: The Manster???

71. Doh! Your right, I missed Jesse Williams. My editor (me) is doing a crappy job.

72. Defensive line: Last year kept 10
    Looking safe: Jordan Hill, Greg Scruggs, Cassius Marsh, Jesse Williams

There are alot of guys going for that last spot here.

73. I really think our D-line will be better this year than last. The DT’s and first and second down DE’s will be badass. If we can get any kind of pass rush from someone not named Avril or Bennett, we will DOMINATE!

We’re going to make several bottom-feeder teams VERY happy when we cut dudes with some serious talent.

I like Schofield, Jeffocoat and Brooks, and havent seen Staten or Pulu play yet. And Im a huge fan of Mayowa…

Im hoping Mayowa makes the grade and Jeffcoat, Brooks and Pulu make the PS. Regardless, Jax and other team are going to be ready to pounce..

Anyone notice that GB is going to use the “Elephant” DE/LB concept with Peppers?! Nothing like a team that won a SB several years ago copying you to show youre doing good things…

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery…

74. Southendzone says:

No way those rings are under $5k. Did you read the description? If I counted it right, there’s 184 diamonds, then the 40 sapphires and the one tsavorite gemstone. Not to mention just the base of those things in white gold has got to have some weight to it. Gold price per oz is around 1300 right now.

Then factor in the Tiffany’s name premium… if those things are under $15g, I’d be shocked.

Any semi-experts on the blog that could give us a rough estimate?

75. I think best chance at that last d-line spot are Mayowa, Smith or Jeffcoat.

Jeffcoat is PS eligible, the other two are not.

No idea what they cost, but the NFL gives teams a $5000 per ring allowance, up to 150 rings. I’m with Southendzone though: I’d be stunned if they were under 15K a piece.

77. doubledink says:

non-expert wag by me was 25k minimum for those rings.

78. montanamike2 says:

I’m rooting for Mayowa and Jeffcoat, i don’t think either makes it back to us for PS. I have 2 new jerseys and i like the old ones better but there’s no Wilson or Chancellor in the older ones. I’m not sure if they’re grooming Pryor to be next years backup or planning on trading him for picks when some team gets desperate due to injury or just plain bad play. I’m glad to hear he’s putting in the work along with Wilson, it does sound as though he’s getting better. I’m looking forward to seeing what our next ring or two looks like.

79. My guess is they keep Pryor as the third string project QB with an eye towards a backup role by 2016.

I agree with all the d-line talk.

It’s going to be so much fun watching these guys compete.

Not only do I agree the D-line can get better but our young & very good LBs are just hitting their potential & will get better imo.

And the LOB won’t take a step back anytime soon.

Scary (to all the rest of the NFL) to think that the #1 Defense has a good chance to get better.

Also, I didn’t know until today that Maxwell ran a 4.43, had 24 reps at the bench press & has the longest arm length of all our DBs.
    No wonder he made it look easy knocking the ball out from Thomas in the Super Bowl.

Hope the FO can find a way to keep him beyond this season.

81. I think if they have to let Okung walk to sign Maxwell and Wagner they have to do it.

82. There is no way they carry Sherman’s salary and pay top dollar for Maxwell. Having Tharold Simon makes Maxwell expendable.

Unless he has an awful year and injuries, I doubt they let Okung walk. High quality LT’s are a valuable commodity. If they were thinking about letting Okung walk we would have drafted a LT early in the draft.

83. How valuable have high end starting LT’s been to this century’s Super Bowl Champions, especially last year’s Seahawks?

Bailey might be the starting LT in 2015.

84. Okung’s 2015 cap hit is a reasonable $7.3m, so baring injury, I would be surprised surprised if he isn’t our starting LT in 2015.

85. I would not be surprised if Russell goes down Pryor will take over.
    He is a beast on the edges. Call me crazy but the only reason Pryor does not become the starter is our current starter is stupid good. TJax is likable but not good enough to be the bills backup. I think the Raiders were stupid not to develop Pryor. Go hawks.

86. Southendzone says:

You can’t take TJ’s status on the Bills as a predictor of his ability. If you’ve got a crap team w/o a legit QB, you don’t need a journeyman proven backup as your QB2.

You want to bring in a couple guys who are unproven but with luck may develop into your QB1.

If you got a great team, kick ass D, and a QB who’s well liked and knows your system, then TJ is a great choice for your backup.

Which is exactly why I don’t understand TP’s role. From everything I’m reading he’s inconsistent in passing and flashes brilliance in athleticism. That’s not who I want running the ship if RW has to miss 2, 3, 4 games for some reason.

Agree with Pabs.

LTs aren’t as important as they used to be (unless you have a statue for a QB like Peyton Manning) & definitely not as good as they used to be Imo.

88. The best judge of TJAX is the time he was the man for the hawks or the vikes. TJax best skill is that he is likable. I have seen a lot of bad quarterbacking from TJAX and I hope Pryor soon is a better option.

89. You’ll be waiting years, if ever for that to happen.

90. Been waiting years for TJax.

91. I call BS on devaluing the need for a decent LT.

The Hawks clearly missed Okung last year when he didn’t play. He may not be Walt, but he did play in the Pro Bowl the previous year and the line was much improved when Okung did play as opposed the turnstile known as McQuistan. We easily could have lost the 49ers game if McQuistan was at LT as opposed to Okung. McQuistan was that terrible (which meant the worthless James Carpenter would have been playing the whole game, too, another bad thing for trying to beat SF).

The Ravens won the SB the year before with McKinnie. He was a former first round pick who had a Pro Bowl on his resume – hardly the stuff of sucking. He may not have been great like some predicted, but you could certainly do worse then him at that point.

Pabs got it right with William Beatty with the Giants a couple of years ago. Not the stuff of legends.

The previous season it was the Packers and Chad Clifton at LT who won the Super Bowl. Although Clifton didn’t make the Pro Bowl that year, he did the year before and made another earlier in his career. Hardly a LT that sucked (he would have gone to more if it not been for injuries).

When Eli won his first, he had David Diehl protecting his blind side. Diehl was an All Pro the following season and then “only” was a Pro Bowler the year after that.

Before the Giants, it was the Saints who won it all and Jermon Bushwad. Sure, the guards were the best two OL on the Saints that year that gave Brees a huge wall of protection, Bushwad was anything but chopped liver and has since played in two Pro Bowls.

While Max Starks may not have ever been a Pro Bowler, he never sucked. He won it with the Steelers.

Tarik Glenn won a Super Bowl with the Colts the year before. He made the Pro Bowl that year (and did twice previously as well). This was the last game he ever played. He was about 30 years old and simply quit, but he was still at the top of his game and, like I said, coming off another Pro Bowl season.

Marvel Smith won the Super Bowl against us. Although he didn’t make the Pro Bowl in ’05 like Walt and Hutch, he did make the Pro Bowl the previous season with the Steelers. Hardly the stuff of another supposedly sucky LT, according to pabs.

The last time Tom Brady won a Super Bowl, it was Matt Light who protected his blindside. Light was in his third year and would make three Pro Bowls in his career (and make another as an alternate).

Roman Oben is the definition of what pabs is talking about with the Bucs.

Prior to the Bucs, the previous two winners at LT who won Super Bowls this century was some guys named Pace and Ogen.

The moral of the story is that pabs is flat wrong about thinking history has clearly “shown” us that sucky LTs usually win Super Bowls.

I did a quick internet search on some of these guys and when I say a guy like Starks, for example, he may well not have even played in the Super Bowl (I didn’t check all starting line-ups in the Super Bowls… just the guys who played a majority of games at LT for his team that season).

All I know is that having a good LT is still important. At least that’s my opinion.

92. Ray_Maines says:

Having nothing to do with anything posted thus far…..

From an article posted on Field Gulls:

“Wilson has seven touchdown passes on a Monday, compared to zero for Luck. Silly Luck, Monday Night Football is for men.

- Against the AFC, Wilson has a passer rating of 106.5 in eight games. Against the NFC, Luck has a passer rating of 75.3 in eight games.

Against the NFC, Wilson has a passer rating of 98.6 in 24 games. Against the AFC, Luck has a passer rating of 83.8 in 24 games.”

93. jawpeace says:

RayM??? Did you get hacked by Yankster? All you are missing is a :) and a Pssh!

94. Macabrevity says:

Pabs – I disagree with your assessment of Pryor. He’s exactly the type of backup that can win us 1 or 2 games, and even potentially create a temporary spike in offensive production. He’s not a guy I would want at the reigns for a half season or longer, but teams just won’t be prepared for his style of running the ball. If he came in and passed for 80 yards with zero interceptions, and ran every single time his first read wasn’t there, he’d be hard to stop – assuming the other side wasn’t prepared for this style of play. With our defense, it could turn lopsided pretty fast.

95. Macabrevity says:

Blueshq – It’s “Tha Monstar”

Get it right ;P

Offseason winners & losers.

I would add some of the rookies like Britt, Richardson & Norwood as off season winners too.

This made me think about Bobbyk & others (like myself) who want to get Easley recognized for HOF consideration.

Perhaps this fan could/would help?

Especially if this petition gets the LOB on the cover of Madden.

98. I didn’t say a team could win with a “sucky” LT. I said a team could win with a LT who wasn’t high end. At no point last year was Okung high end. McQuistan flat out stinks. It’s a mystery why he was the LT backup for 3 years.

McKinnie was average with the Ravens the year they won the SB. They tried to get rid of him before the season and finally got rid of him after the season.

And for the most part you are quoting guys who had long careers and bringing up accomplishments they had before or after their Super Bowl season. Tarik Glenn was the only LT since 2001 who made the Pro Bowl as a non injury replacement and won the Super Bowl the same year.

The reason a lot of the guys you cited made the Pro Bowl after they won the Super Bowl was the name recognition these good LTs developed in winning the Super Bowl. They were definitely good players.

The lesson learned from late career Matt Hasselbeck is a fan can’t cherry pick the player’s best years and say that player is capable of performing at that level in any one year while using top years are his baseline.

A player is only as good or as bad as that year’s performance.

99. montanamike2 says:

I see Hope Solo is in the news again. Is she still with Jeremy Stevens?

100. We can debate whether Okung is elite or just very good, but at $7.3m in 2015, Okung isn’t going anywhere soon. And calling for Bailey over Okung is like calling for TJack or Pryor over Wilson. Unlikely to happen.

101. Not that it adds much to the conversation, but Pro Football Focus has Okung as a “Good starter”. Not Elite or Very Good.

102. Macabrevity: I guess I blew that. I only tried to use that name because I figured I’d misspell Jesse or Jessie or whatever it is.

103. sluggo42 says:

Slave, you cracked me up with the gaudy rings post.

I think they needed some LED lights in the mix too to go with the disco ball. They are works of art.

Was it Okung that allowed Aldon Smith to get two sacks in the championship game last season?

Either way Pabs makes some excellent points about Okung & the LT position.

I think we just need to wait & see how he does this season.

If he continues to get worse the FO will have to consider doing something different.

No way do I want to lose a player like Maxwell, Smith or Avril (in 2015)if Okung doesn’t bring it this season.

Unless of course he does a Miller & agrees to restructure for less.

I like Okung but he isn’t close to being as valuable to this team as Lynch is.

Hell he’s not even playing healthy half the time & he continues to make rookie mistakes when it comes to penalties.

I hope he plays better this year but even if he does he won’t be playing up to the value of his contract imo.

No wonder Lynch is pissed.

106. The injury issue is always the overriding thing with Okung. We all know he has the talent to be a top end LT when healthy. But the “when healthy” is a huge disclaimer. He’ll want to be paid top 5 LT money when he goes to FA if he can play 10+ games over the next 2 seasons and someone out there will probably bite and roll the dice he can put together an injury free run. Of course, that’s part of what made Walter Jones so amazing – the talent and the health.

Okung seemed so valuable because the dropoff between he and McQuistan was huge.

107. Macabrevity says:

Blueshq – just giving you a hard time :)

108. Macabrevity says:

Georgia – can you find a Hawks fan that doesn’t think Easley should be HoF? Did you hear the great Ronnie Lott’s comments about Easley? He called him the greatest safety to ever play the game, period. Younger fans who never got to see this guy play, you really missed out. The guy seemed to be playing LCB, RCB, FS, SS, and some LB all simultaneously. Runners got de-cleated, long passes got snagged out of the air, it was truly a thing of beauty. He was the original LoB, all by himself. Easley was the guy that made the safety position one of my favorites on the field.

Mac,

Well said!

Now that the Seahawks are on the national media radar more, perhaps the local media will start trying to get some attention directed at Easley & his accomplishments.

Especially since he is the original LOB.

Legend Of Boom!!!

I wonder if any of the Legion Of Boom players have met the Legend Of Boom?

& if they knew of his story would they help petition to get Easley HOF consideration?

Maybe a local writer can do a story about it with some interviews with Lott, Easley & perhaps Sherman?

Todd perhaps?

It could help get you that hockey gig at ESPN.