Seahawks undrafted free agents

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on May 10, 2014 at 5:21 pm with 21 Comments »
May 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Here is the official list:

Dion Bailey, S, USC

Brock Coyle, LB, Montana

Chase Dixon, TE, Central Arkansas

Garry Gilliam, T, Penn State

Bronson Irwin, G, Oklahoma

Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas

Jimmy Legree, CB, South Carolina

Keith Price, QB, Washington

Andrew Pulu, DT, Eastern Washington.

1. Todd – Clearly they go after the UDFA’s – hence the packet you showed us the other day – do they send that to ALL agents or specific guys.

How often do agents call the team and how often is the team chasing specific guys?

Any information you give would be great!!! Thanks

2. montanamike2 says:

I was wondering that too?

3. snydro22 says:

I saw tweets from Dion Bailey and Jackson Jeffcoat too (Bailey was the first reported to sign), did something change?

4. Cool! Brock Coyle from Montana, sweet! He’s good! And Price Too!

5. seatowntp says:

Brock looks like he enjoys the game!

6. montanamike2 says:

Price is a major score!

7. banosser says:

Wow Jeffcoat didn’t get drafted… I remember when he was choosing between the Sooners and the shorthorns (No offense ET).. and he chose poorly… Jeffcoat had 13 sacks last yr! While I despise the Austin team I would love to have Jeffcoat up here as an UDFA… He has serious potential.. a bit of a hothead aka lots of PF penalties.. but a real talent.. fyi.. there were no shorthorns drafted this yr.. first time since 1937

8. banosser says:

^^ Big 12 Defensive player of the yr.. won the Ted Hendricks top DE in the nation.. 6-4 250 runs a 4.6.. projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder..

9. montanamike2 says:
  10. banosser says:

and Bronson Irwin played great for OU this last.. quietly great.. super pumped he too is a Seahawk.. huge heart.. I expect him to see a lot of playing time eventually

11. banosser says:

‘last year’

12. SRVHawk says:

Jeffcoat and Bailey could be scores. Players that most likely would’ve been drafted in the 2013 class.

13. Coyle, Bailey and Jeffcoat were all slated to go in rounds 3 to 5. WOW, that is like getting 3 FREE draft picks right in the middle of a DEEP draft!

This draft just went from a B to a A for me!!!!!!!

14. Still wish we would have grabbed Sam instead of STL

15. Don’t know what Petey and Half Pint were thinkin this draft. We’re doomed I tell you. DOOMED!

16. vichawkfan says:

Bailey is a score.

17. Is Jimmy Legree any relation to Mark Legree, who the Seahawks drafted and cut a few years back.

18. Southendzone says:

Jeez my mock guesses were so bad, I’m counting Jackson Jeffcoat as a match just so I can feel like I got one right.

19. Interesting article about Jeffcoat from a Falcons fan that wanted him in the 4th round with some interesting stuff about his potential in the NFL:

20. hawkfan777 says:

Why would you want Hawks to draft Sam instead of ST Louis? He gets a lot of coverage for the wrong reasons. From what I see he is an average football player. I can care less about his personal life. I want the best football players in Seattle . Not the ones that the media wants to follow around.

21. So this year will be interesting for the DB’s

Lane – Shead
    6th round: S/CB Eric Pinkins
    Jimmy Legree, CB, South Carolina
    Dion Bailey, S, USC
    Therold Simon

Will be fighting for the spots left open by WT3 – Browner and the open back up Safety spot!!! could be good!!1