An unofficial list of Seahawks pre-draft visitors

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on May 7, 2014 at 10:05 pm with 15 Comments »
May 7, 2014 10:05 pm

The Seahawks could have up to 30 non-local players visit the VMAC before the draft. There can also be individual workouts away from the facility.

Here’s a list of visitors compiled from tweets, stories, agents I talked to, etc. It’s an imperfect list, but at least some information on who has been through the VMAC. Some of the folks were just in for a visit, others to workout. In most cases it’s unclear specifically what each did.

Also a caveat with this: Any workout can be a smokescreen or legit. Of the players on last year’s list, only two ended up on the team, neither with any impact: Michael Brooks, who spent much of the year bouncing between the practice squad and being released, and B.J. Daniels, who joined the team after the San Francisco 49ers drafted then cut him during the season, leading to the Seahawks picking him up off of waivers.

To the list:

Oregon State wide receiver Brandin Cooks.

Indiana wide receiver Cory Latimer.

Fresno State wide receiver Davante Adams.

Colorado wide receiver Paul Richardson.

Oregon wide receiver Josh Huff.

Oregon State wide receiver Kevin Cummings.

Washington State strong safety Deone Bucannon (worked out).

Oregon State defensive end Scott Crichton.

Montana linebacker Brock Coyle.

Montana linebacker Jordan Tripp.

McGill (Quebec) offensive tackle Laurent Duvernay-Tardif.

Boise State defensive end/outside linebacker Demarcus Lawrence. (worked out)

Georgia State offensive tackle Ulrich John.

Marshall offensive tackle Garrett Scott.

Towson running back Terrance West.

Locals they had in:

Washington QB Keith Price.

Washington RB Bishop Sankey.

Washington wide receiver Kevin Smith.

Eastern Washington RB Demitrius Bronson.

Washington kicker Travis Coons.

1. Considering all of our off season losses, if I could repo one of them that left it would be Clinton McDonald. Going to miss that “proven” interior pass rush in the rotation. Clemons was coming on strong at the end of the season also.

What am I saying? More Pass Rush!!

Here’s to Hill, Mayowa, O’Scho, Irvin, Scruggs and all others who make the roster really stepping up in that department. Having the pass rush that we had was such a beautiful thing to see. Twas a defense without weakness.

2. CDHawkFan says:

McDonald only showed his pass rushing skills last year, the previous years he was more of a run guy.

I believe it didn’t just click for him last year, but probably more a function of the rotation and the bigger issue, the addition of Avril and Bennett.

3. Singularitarian says:

Christine Michael worked out for Seattle last yearfor sure, along with Hill and williams. Those two I’m not 100% on but definitely Michaels

4. SaigonSun says:

Can’t sleep. The draft, Heat game… Blazers game. Today is my sit in front of TV day and hope there won’t be any distractions.
    Give us Su’a Filo , or Truit and I’m happy
    Go Seahawks and good luck to us !!!
    Note to PC : NO running backs ,please. We’re good there.

5. pabuwal says:

Tonight is the type of night where DVRs or TVs that allow you to split screen multiple channels will come in very handy.

6. BobbyK says:

I’m jacked to see Jordan Hill this year. I think he’s going to have a great year.

7. Hammajamma says:

As am I. Hill and Williams both. The interior rush opportunities are there for Hill and Scruggs to take. Both have shown glimpses of what could be.

Correct: simply because a team works a player out doesn’t mean they have genuine interest. That’s why it’s interesting to note who the team’s representatives visit (which have been available every year). Russell’s Wilson and Okung are two that jump out as players that Carroll/Schneider visited and raved about after.

9. montanamike2 says:

Sometimes teams bring in players to use as a smokescreen, we often draft players that we never heard of instead.

10. montanamike2 says:

Sorry Duke, i’m a slow typer.

11. montanamike2 says:

I hope the Rams don’t get Clowney.

12. banosser says:

I can’t believe Goodell is gonna make this thing 4 days long… gawd

As for Clowney.. I’m not convinced.. the talent is there, yes, but there were times last season he completely disappeared

As for the Hawks.. I’ll be very happy with any OG/OT that ‘drops’ to us at 32 or a trade back

13. FleaFlicker says:

Personally, I’d love to see us trade back for a fistful of 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Forgot where I saw it, but there is not much statistical difference between picks (i.e. the 3rd ranked WR versus the 4th or 5th ranked WR) in terms of how many games they end up starting in the league. If you look at the 1st pick as “a guy who should start”, I like the odds of having a 2nd rounder and two 3rd rounders instead of just one make-or-break first round (and slightly more expensive) pick.

I hope that Clowney slides down to 3rd or 4th pick; all hell will break loose on the draft boards. Just as long as he doesn’t end up in STL like montanamike says.

14. BobbyK says:

I could care less if the clown ends up with the Rams. He’s not a sure thin like Suh was. Besides, that would probably mean the end of Howie’s kid being a Ram after this year. I think he’s awesome and vastly underrated because his team is always so bad.

15. Ray_Maines says:

My buddy Richard Sherman and I both hope the Rams draft Johnny Manziel. They have all the D-Line they need and Richard needs the INT’s.

FleaFlicker: Maybe this is the article you were thinking of: