Seahawks sign cornerback Jefferson

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on May 2, 2014 at 2:28 pm with 8 Comments »
May 2, 2014 5:49 pm

UPDATE: The Seahawks have officially announced the signing of Jefferson.

According to his agent, the Seahawks have signed cornerback A.J. Jefferson.

The Minnesota Vikings released Jefferson in November after his arrest on domestic assault charges. Jefferson pled guilty to a misdemeanor in March to avoid being charged with a felony. He spent three days in jail and received one year probation.

Jefferson is reported to have worked out for the Seahawks last week. He’s 6-foot-1 and 190 pounds. Jefferson, 26, played at Fresno State and was undrafted.

1. blocis says:

Another nice depth pick-up.

Now lets sign Kevin Williams and head into the draft ready to rock!

2. I dont know about nice. I seem to remember dude’s Domestic Assault charges being pretty disturbing. I hope he behaves himself here…

3. Yup, strangling his gf for ignoring his text messages….GREAT pickup!

4. MNHawk says:

I don’t like this. I have a hard time rooting for men who brutalize women. We are the reigning Super Bowl champs! We aren’t desperate so why sign this loser? It’s telling that as hard up for secondary help as the Vikes were, they cut him. The Vikings!?!

5. DanielleMND says:

Yeah, I’m not down with this signing.

6. MoSeahawk12 says:

This guy should be cleaning the toilets in jail, not covering NFL receivers. Any man that abuses women is a coward and a loser. We don’t need to reclaim every project. Not a fan of this move.

7. EzraMelech says:

I’m not necessarily “All in” for this move. However, I will say that WE ALL make mistakes, and as long as this isn’t a “pattern of behavior” I’m willing to give almost anyone a second chance.

I’ll reserve judgement for now…. Keep your nose clean AJ, “perform” and I’ll gladly welcome you into the fold. For now.. I’ll take a wait and see.

My2CentsWorth

You mean a pattern of behavior like Cable has?