Tweet Link: Rice says he is cleared to cut

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on April 14, 2014 at 8:35 pm with 18 Comments »
April 14, 2014 8:35 pm

There are multiple reports following this tweet that Rice is cleared for football activities. Rice tore his ACL Oct. 28. He remained around the Seahawks throughout the season. He was released by Seattle on Feb. 28, providing significant salary cap relief. Rice was due $8.5 million in base salary for 2014.

1. Ray_Maines says:

Frankly, I’m offended by any (and all) talk about contract numbers. I know it’s all different, but what I were on some blog telling the world that you should take a big fat pay cut and be happy you still had a job.

OK, that’s off of my chest.

I would welcome Sidney Rice back at whatever price seemed fair to all parties.

2. Ray_Maines says:

Holy crap!! Will I ever learn to proofread?

That should read “…but what IF I were on some blog…” and should end with a question mark. Sorry.

And yes, I am a union kind of guy.

Go ‘Hawks

3. Southendzone says:

Im driving the Sidney Rice bandwagon. He’s gonna be comeback player of the year and lead the NFC in TD’s

4. Screensmoke says:

Hopefully I’m wrong- but I would say Sidney’s ship has sailed – put a fork in him he’s cooked!- He might get a few million out of some team but prob not – league min tryout and then he will be done- His knees are done – his speed will be affected – If he can stay healthy maybe following year he could do something but he won’t be in league long enouph to find out- he is definately a hard nosed player who could take a hit I will allways respect him for that.He had no fear !Hasta brother

5. I’m sure a few teams will line up to kick those tires once he’s ready.

6. DisplacedSeahawkFan says:

What’s going on with Mike Rob? Why haven’t the Seahawks resigned him? He’s not that old, and I don’t imagine him being too expensive. Moreover, even if he doesn’t start, his locker room presence has to have some value. I just don’t get it.

7. TallyHawk says:

Mike Rob has another spot on the young and the restless lined up.

In my very humble and extremely less talented way, I can empathize with Sid and am happy for him, as I am at week 7 of my own ACL reconstruction and meniscus surgery and rehab. It’s no joke, I can tell you that. If he got the okay to begin that type of impact and aggressive activity, the rest of his rehab is basically in his head. i.e., trust the strength and trust the procedure.

On a secondary note, I too would love to see him come back to the ‘Hawks. Here’s hoping.

9. I’d be fine if Mike Rob came back for another year. The running game was noticeably better when he rejoined the team and I was never terribly impressed with Coleman. I agree that MRob has special teams and locker room value also.

10. I think there is a chance for Rice to come back – he was ALWAYS there after he got hurt – you didn’t see PH or JW or any of the other IR guys hanging around during injuries, but Rice was always there supporting his team.

Clearly he would have to come back at the right price – I at least think it is a possibility.

On another front – We are getting closer to the Baldwin deadline!! May 2nd isn’t it? if he doesn’t sign what exactly happens

11. grizindabox24 says:

MikeRob ship has sailed

12. Retweeted by Michael Robinson
    NFL Media PR ‏@InsideNFLMedia Apr 14
    On Wednesday & Thursday this week, Seahawks FB @RealMikeRob will be an in-studio guest analyst on @NFL_AM starting at 6:00 AM ET each day

13. I know for me it took a year and a half to get back to full speed after tearing my ACL completely in half playing softball. Of course I was not doing crazy rehab 8 hours a day like these professional athletes do. But it is grueling and basically had first you had to learn to walk again. I had mine done in 92 so I don’t know how much advancements had been made since. But I feel for you Duke. I tell you what after experiencing a significant knee injury you will never watch another football player get injured the same again.

jawpeace – Boy, that’s the truth. The first thing I think about when I hear about an athlete tearing their knee up is all the hours of work ahead of them. And there isn’t a single shortcut. Thanks for the good wishes.

15. MoSeahawk12 says:

Good luck on continued progress Dukeshire.
    My wife has surgery scheduled next Tuesday for a torn and folded meniscus and possible ACL reconstruction. The meniscus is folded over and blocking a clear view of the ACL. The doc said the ACL could be fine, but won’t know till he gets in there. He thinks the ACL does look suspicious on the scans and has some damage, but can’t see a clear image from the MRI due to the fact that the meniscus is partially blocking the view. It’s going to be interesting. He told us that if it’s only the MCL, then rehab will be way shorter than if its MCL and ACL. He talked about using one of the tendons from her hamstring to reattach. I’m hopeful for good news next week. I think she’s in good hands as the docs office is the team doctor for the Cardinals, Coyotes and Diamondbacks.

16. Mo–Hey, best wishes on your wifes rehab! Take care if her, and remember positive encouragement works wonders!

17. Duke–You too! Best wishes on a speedy recovery!

18. Im of two minds regarding Rice; on the one hand, were short handed, and I have no faith in Walters or Lockette; on the other hand, Rice did jack shit in three years here–no starting WR has made such a disappearing act in games since Nate Burleson.

Id rather let Kearse play, and whatever rookie we draft–let them take their lunps and learn….Rice is a Never- Was pipe dream…let Jax or Carolina sign ( and overpay him)…