Patriots sign Browner

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on March 14, 2014 at 6:33 pm with 20 Comments »
March 14, 2014 6:33 pm

So, finally, Brandon Browner is a New England Patriot. He’ll be opposite Darrelle Revis starting in Week 5 next season. Who would have though that at the end of the year?

Here’s the Boston Globe’s story of Browner signing a three-year deal, worth a reported $17 million.

And, here’s the statement Browner made on Twitter:

“I am honored that the Patriots are making me part of their legendary organization, and am grateful for the opportunity Mr. Kraft, Coach Belichick, Nick Caserio and the entire team have given me. I intend to diligently work with the same passion and dedication that I have displayed since coming into the NFL to uphold the great traditions and qualities that are embodied by the Patriots.”

1. It’s funny how some of these guys can’t come close to spelling correctly on twitter (when it’s them) or some players can barely speak complete sentences in interviews (or have much command of the English language) but when they come out with prepared statements even the least intelligent of people sound like they went to Harvard.

2. yankinta says:

Since he wasn’t cut or released, this mean we will get compensatory pick for him next year,, I consider this a 2nd tier free agent signing,, so I think maybe 4th or 5th round pick….

3. It depends on how much he signed for and how good of a season he has in New England. If he is voted to the Pro Bowl next year – that will weigh into our chances of getting better value/compensation in return. Rooting against Browner this year isn’t very smart if you’re a Seahawks fan in terms of wanting more weight to the comp pick process. I’m not an expert on it by any means, but I do know amount of contract and their performance the following year means you have a better chance of getting something good in the following draft (in this case ’15).

yankinta- You are dangerously getting closer to posting towards the weekend.
    Are you going to take the plunge and become a 24/7 Seahawks addict like some of us?

Remember once you go there you can never turn back.

5. I’m happy for Brandon Browner. He has a chance to redeem himself with a new organization that won’t be afraid to use his talents. I will miss his great, game changing play making ability here, but it’s probably best for all that he isn’t here.

Thanks for the great plays and memories, BB. Show em how you’re all pro, and see you in the Super Bowl.

6. Ray_Maines says:

BobbyK is SOoo not PC. He’s saying a dumb player that releases a non-dumb release might or might not be relying on a pre-prepared statement by a high priced agent? OMG, Imagine that.

7. Hmmm. Imagine that.

8. Ray_Maines says:

I’m happy for BB too. I hope he collects in the next contract too. God bless him. Too bad he’s not a Seahawk.

9. Southendzone says:

I’m thinking we should focus on resigning Thurmond right now, half for our own benefit, and half to screw the 9ers, I think they are in a desperate situation for CBs right now.

10. banosser says:

Big time congrats Brandon! Hoping you’re there all three years.. and that Harvin burns you in our repeat in bowl 49!!

Stay clean for your family

11. Golden Tate was every bit as tough as Smith–without being a jerk or being washed up like tsunami debris. We needed Smith like a fish needs a bicycle.

Bobbyk–Browner has a deep voice and mumbles–and he made some terrible choices, but he’s not unintelligent. And of course Schaffer wrote his press release; thats what an Agents for!

12. Good for Browner! Hes been underpaid his whole career, and deserves to get paid and play for a winner. Would have liked him to stay, but we cant afford to pay him.

Pats have really gotten serious. If they could stop blowing draft picks by trying to show off, and quit undervaluing the wr position, they might actually get back to the SB.

13. SaigonSun says:

I wouldn’t have let him go. 17 million for BB…. huge bargain

They had no choice but to let him go. Browner is not going to take a back up position.

The Pats are desperate just like the Broncos. They are reaching.