Morning Links: Super Bowl champions edition

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:13 am with 58 Comments »
February 3, 2014 9:00 am

Good morning. Let’s start with the defense.

Best ever? Michael Bennett said so.

“I told the you we’re the best defense ever,” Bennett said. “We could have played anyone today and did the same thing.”

Sunday was the first time Peyton Manning had trailed in a game by 29-plus points since 2002. It was the first game Manning’s club was held to less than 17 points since he joined Denver in 2012.

His 34 completions set one of the most meaningless records in Super Bowl history. Nothing he tried to do worked.

The first quarter was stunning. Russell Wilson had more pass attempts (13) at the end of it than the top offense in league history had yards (11). Kam Chancellor had already socked Demaryius Thomas and intercepted Manning by the end of it. The Seahawks never gave Denver an inch.

They tracked Manning’s eyes. For two weeks, they worked on being sure against underneath routes. The Broncos demolished teams this season with yards after the catch. The Seahawks never let that get started and Denver had no answer.

Quick sidenote: Richard Sherman said X-rays on his ankle were negative. Just a high ankle sprain.

Time to hop a plane home (sorry for the delay in posting, ran into some travel/Internet issues), so we’ll get to the links. First, our stuff:

> Here’s my game story, focused on the defense.

> Dave Boling says the Seahawks leave no doubt. They’re the best.

> John McGrath on unlikely MVP Malcolm Smith.

> Undrafted Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse come up with big games.

> Percy Harvin. Pretty good for his second full game of the season.

> A crazy first quarter set the tone for the Seahawks.

> Russell Wilson was a poised performer at the Super Bowl.

> Champ Bailey is open to returning to the Broncos.

> A photo gallery of Tacoma Seahawks fans.

> Our game photos.

> Some shots from the halftime show.

Links:

> 710 ESPN says it was difficult to pick an MVP.

> John Clayton writes that the Seahawks’ style brings back memories.

> SI on the Seahawks’ dominant defense leading it to a title.

> SI also writes the game was a letdown because it was such a rout.

> The Everett Herald also says the Seahawks left no doubt.

> Pete Carroll gives a postgame speech with a little help at the end from Red Bryant.

> USA Today says Manning is great, but not in this Super Bowl.

> USA Today says the Seahawks are wonder what’s next.

> USA Today says Pete Carroll does it with his own style.

1. yankinta says:

Loved this quote… “This game will forever change how we view this Broncos offense. They looked like they didn’t belong in this game. On the biggest stage, the Seahawks made Denver look like an also-ran.”

btw,, who else called a blowout win on this blog?? :)

“surelyyoujest,, lol you stole my pick… I was thinking that too but if I had to make a second prediction,, I’d go with 34-17…. but I would not be surprised if the score ends up being 42-17.. Either way, the Hawks win by more than 2 TDs…..”

2. Carlsonkid says:

Unbelievable game , a lifetime of memories . Wow , I’m still on cloud 9 ! What an amazing year – here’s to many more just like it ..

GO HAWKS !!

3. Audible says:

Here was my prediction:

1. Savor a the greatest football game I’ve seen in 37 years.
    2. Malcolm Smith, 7th round draft choice, pick the end the 49ers season, pick and fumble recovery in the SB…yes, absolutely. I’m really happy for him, and he’ll be the poster boy for 7th round picks in Seattle for a very long time.
    3. One of the youngest teams to ever win the SB…Dynasty here we come!
    4. Yes, I expected a blow out but underestimated our defense a bit. See prediction below.
    5. Three plays, offense, defense, ST. Kearse double spin TD, Malcom’s Pick 6, Harvin’s TD Return

Pre-game prediction:

“47 – 24 Seahawks!
    ML over 100 yards 1 TD,
    Harvin 2TD and over 200 yards total yardage,
    Baldwin 1 TD
    Tate 1 TD
    Kearse 1 TD
    RW throws for over 300 yards, runs for 80 yards…
    Richard Sherman 1 pick,
    Byron Maxwell 1 pick,
    Earl Thomas 1 pick
    KJ Wright 1 pick…
    Michael Bennett Strip sack,
    Manning 4 sacks…
    Wilson SB MVP

As I said in another thread, this is literally a dream come true. Makes all the heartbreak and disappointment over the last 37 years. Can’t wait for the parade on Wednesday.

5. yeah, it’s kind of calm almost for me today – after the rush and adrenaline of that amazing, unbelievable win yesterday.

just trying to hold on to all the great memories of watching the game -and really the whole season. The awesome week 2 stomping of SF, the primetime beatdown of NO, and then the NFC championship game too. What a great it has been this year.

6. Southendzone says:

Can barely believe it. Each year we hope for this. Each year, we don’t quite make it.

Until now.

Why Not Us is the new version of “We Want the Ball and We’re gonna Score”

no more unfulfilled hopes. No more empty promises. This team is incredible, Carroll not winning coach of the year is a joke.

7. Re the game itself – – I thought two things had to happen to get the win, put consistent pressure on Manning, and have our running game working. Couldn’t have predicted the safety, the pick 6 and the kickoff return. But really, our defense just overwhelmed them. Great as he is, Mannning’s lack of mobility makes him easier to handle/manage than some other QB’s, and our DB’s just won everything. They were too fast, too strong, and too hard-hitting — Denver couldn’t compete. All those jarring hits on Denver’s little 3-5 yard crossing routes too their toll.

And boy, it was sure nice to see Percy in action, not just the kickoff, but those two handoffs he too, jesus, can that guy fly.

Sure feels sweet today . . .

8. ohiohawkfan says:

What a ride. Thanks Paul, Pete and John. Thanks Seahawks. Thanks 12th Man. I can’t get enough. Wore the jersey Friday, Saturday, Sunday and now today. So proud. Now my Bengals fan in-laws can suck it. Champions!!!

9. doubledink says:

Finally. We watched the game with my son’s future in-laws after meeting them for the first time yesterday. I called for a 31-16 final score.

What an incredible game! Greatest defense of all time. That performance by Percy Harvin made that trade worth it all the way. My MVP pick would’ve been Kam but Malcolm deserved it as well. what a team win. Now let’s go build a dynasty.

10. WiscCory says:

I am so thrilled today like everyone else. Have to tell the world a few things…

Free agent signing Avril and Harvin showed exactly what was expected when they were signed. That’s how you do it, with FA’s. (Add Bennett’s season, and how can JS not be GM of the year?!)

Having Paul Allen as the Seahawks owner is special. Playing with his band at the party last night – how cool. Saving the team from moving – that set the table for his legacy in Seattle sports. The music experience, and Vulcan – this is so special for you locals!!

Smith getting the MVP was so fitting. He needs to share it with Kam and Cliff, however the MVP going to a defender was required!

Maybe I was just on Cloud 9 already, however I thought the halftime show was great. Beat the hell out of the Rolling Stones. The attention to those serving in the military was top notch, and the fireworks were amazing.

Harvin taking the 2nd half kick back took all remaining nervousness away, and it was party time from that point on!

Brothers and sisters of the Trib blog, I love reading and sharing with you. It’s gives us that live outside of Seattle a forum and family.

Enjoy the party on Wednesday, and congratulations to all of us for experiencing one of the best seasons, teams, and personalities EVER!

11. ChrisHolmes says:

I called my dad after the game… just so thrilled at this win, and at the manner in which they did it.

Everything they’ve done all season, they did in this game. This was the perfect game. Seahawks saved their best for last.

Pressure from the front four, turnovers, hard-hitting, no YAC, Russell on the money, and big special teams plays. The only thing they didn’t do was rush the ball for a ton of yards, but they didn’t need to.

Complete team effort. And we have Pete and JS to thank for that.

This game came down to exactly what I wrote about last week: Seattle’s pressure from the front four making Manning uncomfortable. I didn’t figure we’d sack him, but you don’t need to. You just need to get him off his mark; make him uncomfortable, and force him to throw the ball before he’s ready. That first INT to Chancellor was exactly that: pressure in Manning’s face, and he forced a throw, and Seattle came up with it.

The rest of it was exactly as Dukeshire and I were talking about: proper positioning by the defense, especially the LB’s and safeties, to thwart any attempt to run after the catch. Seattle’s Legion of Boom descending on the Denver receivers like locust, and hammered them every chance they got. It was a thing of beauty. Give them the 5 yard catch, and then collapse and pummel. It was just gorgeous.

It was the perfect Superbowl. Blowout. Dominant. Unquestionable.

What a happy day.

12. the 2nd best part — SF fans can just shut it for the next year!!!

13. Vegas56 says:

Wow, I stayed up until 3 AM watching the game after getting back home from Hawaii. The 12s were all over Honolulu in game gear on Sunday btw. Funny story: we were taking off late and as we taxied, the head steward (an annoying Bronco fan) comes on and says “for you football fans…the score is 8-0 Seattle” there is a cheer and then some commotion then he says “no it’s the other way around,”. Then silence about the game for almost 6 hours as we fly over the ocean to Vegas. Nothing until we land, the Bronco fan comes back on and says “OK, here’s the damn score…”

The most dominating performance in a Super Bowl in recent memory. All facets. Complete team victory for the entire roster. Smith as MVP….sure, why not? Could’ve been a lot of guys, could’ve been the 12th man as evident as they were in stadium ( way to go Pabs and Mike in NJ and others there). Loved Carroll and Allen bringing up the 12s on the victory podium. Going to be one Helluva show up there Wednesday.

14. Vegas56 says:

I think it very likely that any of the final four in the NFC could have handled the Broncos readily.

The Broncos and the entire AFC this year were exposed in the game. The Saints played us tougher, the 49ers obviously played us tougher. But unlike the 49ers who couldn’t finish the deal last year…we did, with style.

15. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

Yankinta, i did actually first after the NFC championship game i said 37/23 then last monday i said 42/17 also i took hawks plus 17 points and won a nice amount of money, i put my money where my mouth was. easy bet really hawks always get up for the big game.

i think if hawks can hold enough of this team together there is no reason to believe they can not repeat next year.

16. The future so bright I’m buying a new pair of shades

17. Audible says:

Could you see the fear in Sherman’s eyes last night? No Crappernick from Colon, yet. Hmmm!

18. trout_hound says:

Been waiting since I was 12 for that. Just a total beat down in all facets. Love me my Hawks! Dynasty? Hell yeah. Lets do it.

19. yankinta says:

I love this quote!! :)

“Wilson was reliable and his numbers were solid, but not great. They never are. Carroll restricts him to roughly 25 passes a game, and it’s Wilson’s job to make most of them. He did just that in Super Bowl XLVIII, completing 18 of 25 passes for 206 yards and two touchdowns. Though not spectacular, Wilson was efficient — as always. “He’s the general,” Harvin said of his QB. “I haven’t seen anybody prepare the way he prepares. There were three minutes on the clock, still ticking, and he’s still in our faces telling us, ‘Stay ready,’ and we’re like, ‘Man, the game’s pretty much over.'”

20. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

on smith winning the MVP 9 tackle 5 solo a fumble recovery and a pick six. ya gotta say it makes sense. solid game for him. although i took a 50 spot on Harvin at 40-1 would have loved that.

21. yankinta says:

hawkfaninoklahoma,, glad to hear that you made some money off of it. A friend of mine in Vegas put money on the type of first score being a safety… he won $50,000. I am so jealous!! lol,, but I gave up sports betting several years ago for good. :)

22. freedom_X says:

Looks like Seattle really does have a “championship caliber” defense.

The Denver Post writers have to crawl back to their excuse bag now (“Sherman, the Broncos are laughing at you, clown”) and the 49er fans get the proverbial middle finger pointed right back at them. No more bragging about 20 year old championships anymore. Seattle won where the 49ers failed, and against better competition. Sweet.

23. freedom_X says:

What was the final line in Vegas before the game started? I forgot to check. I put my money down Jan. 6 on a prop bet for Seattle to win the Super Bowl. 2-1 odds. I’m happy. :)

24. Definitely a great day. Shaking hands and joking with Wagner, watching Baldwin give the guy next to me with a Baldwin jersey on his game gloves, having Carroll wave to us and Giacomini slapping hands made it even better.

25. Southendzone says:

Freedom, I heard it got to SEA +3 on game day, up from 2.5 for nearly 2 weeks.

26. ChrisHolmes says:

“Russell Wilson owned the middle of the field. 12/14, 135 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT, 153.1 QB rating on passes between the numbers.”

Courtesy of Twitter

27. ChrisHolmes says:

“And there are no asterisks with this victory – the weather was fine, only a couple of bad calls, and the win was so overwhelming there can be no whining about them.”

That was why I wanted a blowout. Then there’s no questions about who was best this year.

28. Wow guys. They did it. They destroyed Peyton manning and got that trophy! This is a wonderful feeling. I still can’t really grasp what this team and defense accomplished last night. Unreal. And the national media is giving it up to them as the top defense of all time. Eating some crow on that as I thought they’d brush it off but after that performance not sure you can brush that off. Super Bowl champions!!

29. slicktoxic says:

I enjoy this blog for many reasons (I could do without the posters that continue to feel the need to “share” with us when they made a correct prediction…..honestly, no one gives a sh*t)………BUT, what I love about it most, is that it makes me feel less crazy, knowing there are other fans out there that have been through so many rough/frustrating/emotional times with this team…..some of us for over 30 years…..that the emotions of it all are so overwhelming, and that tearing up, well actually crying seemed okay.
    I keep saying that I know it’s “just a game”, but man did I ever love that game. I love this moment, and although the future looks fantastic….I could care less right now about next year…..I am just enjoying this more than words could accurately express.
    We are Super Bowl Champs!!! Our Seattle Seahawks! My Seattle Seahawks!!!!

30. yankinta says:

slicktoxic,, did you hear?? A few of us knew it would be a blow out win,, while others like yourself were worried about Denver…. :)

I’m just saying…. lol

31. So that is what our offense looks like with Percy Harvin! I like it. He seems to be twice as fast as anybody else. And that kick return! Talk about crushing the Broncos hopes of a 2nd half comeback!

The #1 defense vs the greatest offense in NFL history lead by one of the greatest QBs of all time, and look what happened. Total domination by the Seahawks.

This is so awesome. I have been waiting 37 years for this.

32. montanamike2 says:

I was thinking we’d win convincingly 31-13, i was not expecting a total domination! Instead of talking about Peytons legacy, can we now talk of Wilson’s dynasty? Kudos to PC too for out coaching Fox.

Looking forward to the victory parade details coming out. Will there be a charge to get into Century Link, where the parade ends?

34. montanamike2 says:

It was a true changing of the guard last night.

35. When you make a correct prediction that is unpopular and shared by very few others, there’s nothing wrong with pointing it out…A few of us, a very few, saw a blowout coming and we were right…but, even so, it turned out to be an even bigger blowout than we expected. I’m not sure if we underestimated our defense, or overestimated the Broncos offense…either way, we’ll take it!

As soon as we deferred the kick-off, I predicted Harvin would score a TD at the start of the 2nd half…Worst kick coverage in t he NFL against a very hungry, lightning fast returner…just made sense. I also thought we would beat up on Manning because he’s a statue in the pocket, we have great coverage, and can get pressure rushing four…sure enough.

I knew we were going to score a lot of points on their defense because Wilson can buy time, we have a scary group of receivers, the Broncos secondary is old, and their safety makes a lot of mistakes…Wilsons QBR was 150+ between the hashmarks…and we had 138 rushing yards between Lynch, Turbin, and Harvin…

Go hawks!

36. yankinta says:

Loved reading this article!!! Afterall, this is only a game and Family ranks 1st,, always!! by far!..

37. yankinta says:

lol.. I really hope JS wasn’t drunk when he posed for this!! lmbo…

38. montanamike2 says:

I have to give STTBM credit for calling for more Kearse, that play he made for the TD was just sheer will, i re watched it over and over and it was almost beastlike.

39. I think that pic of Schneider may have seen a little Photoshop magic.

40. JS, Pls re-sign:

Breno Giacomini
    Jeron Johnson
    Chris Maragos
    Kellen Davis, and
    Paul McQuistan?

41. Southendzone says:

This article is pretty awesome, reporter with access to Richard Sherman at the aftergame party.

In case you don’t read it, at least enjoy this quote from RS:

“He demonstrates the signs Manning used for various routes, and says he and his teammates were calling out plays throughout the game and getting them right. “Me, Earl [Thomas], Kam [Chancellor]… we’re not just three All-Pro players. We’re three All-Pro minds,” Sherman says”

Southendzone – Great read. Thanks

43. Going now to cash in my preseason (July) bet that the Seahawks would win the Super Bowl…$800. I have the single game ticket too that I got two weeks ago when all the Denver money flooded in and I got 2.5 points….I still can’t believe it that I got 2.5 points! Vegas made a killing last night on all those dumb Bronco [arrogant] fools. The boxer Mayweather put 10.5 Million on the Broncos…that dumb mofo has obviously taken too many shots to the head. I’m happy to take a little of that fool’s money.

44. So happy today! 31 years of Watching the Hawks (I don’t really count the first year when I couldn’t understand what a field goal was), living and (mostly) dying with the team…

My throat hurts! Went outside my house and hollered…hearing the echoes ricochet down the valley was Awesome! Got neighbors dogs to howl with me lol!

So cool to see Kearse and Baldwin step up!

45. seahawk44 says:

As long time Seahawk fans, we all know what it is like to root for teams that have been very bad at times, teams that have been “mediocre” and teased us a lot, and teams that have been very good but let us down. This team,this owner, these coaches and these players strived for greatness, achieved their goals and would not let the Seattle fans be let down again!

I am floating on a cloud. I can’t wait until Wednesday to celebrate with the team and city!

46. Glossman says:

As a Hawks fan for 32+ years, I still can’t believe we’ve reached the Promised Land. Living in SoCal amongst the Raider riff-raff and Niner scum, being a Hawks fan has always been a difficult proposition, as I’ve tended to suffer in solitude as the decades passed. It began when I was a 10 year-old boy in 1981, seeing an Efren Herrera fake field goal near the end of a game that had been switched to by NBC because another one had finished. This team, with the cool bird helmets, was fun to watch, and it just stuck with me. Then there was the ’83 team, that against all odds, made it to the AFC Championship game, only to lose to the hated Raiders. The memory that sticks out from that game, or the aftermath, as it were, was the team huddled in prayer after the David Krieg TD pass that knocked off the Dolphins in Miami. Of course, 1984 saw a Seahawks team with expectations not unlike this year. They went 12-4, won a playoff game, before losing to the Dolphins. The rest of the 80’s is a bit of a blur, as one first-round exit was as forgettable as the next.

The first game I ever saw in person was at the LA Mausoleum in ’94, when the Rick Mirer-lead Seahawks smashed the Raiders 38-9 to start the season 2-0. They would only win four more games that year, along with a game I attended in San Diego where the Hawks got beat 35-15, crushing my hopes for a breakthrough season. To start the ’95 season, I finally made it to my Mecca, the Kingdome, to witness the beginning of the Dennis Erickson era against the Chiefs. We all know how that went, as they lost 34-10 to Steve freaking Bono. The 8-8 finish would be an improvement over the previous years, but was worse than what we expected. The next 3 years would be more of the same, though my personal record in seeing games in-person would be 3-1. I was excited, along with the rest of you, when Mike Holmgren was hired and the Hawks got off to a promising 8-2 start in 1999. The excitement was short-lived, as the Hawks backed into the playoffs by going 1-5 the rest of the way. And I was at the Kingdome for that late loss against Marino’s Dolphins. That sucked. Fast forward a few years, and cringed at Matt’s “We want the ball and we’re going to score” proclamation at GB in 2003. Then there was 2005, which needs know discussion, other than my personal experience in the waning moments of the NFC Championship game at a pizza pub here in SoCal: Another guy was there with his girfriend. He was a truck driver and had been a Seahawks fan since 1976. I remember the tears of joys from both of us as the clock ticked down to 0:00, as this stranger and I shared a reaction to decades of suffering as Hawks fan.

And then we get to last night: Winning Super Bowl 48 certainly does not erase more than 3 decades of suffering by Seahawks fans. What it really does, is validate what we’ve all endured over the years and makes the victory that much sweeter. It’s easy to cheer for a winner. That’s why there are Patriots and Colts fans everywhere. Teams with extended runs of greatness attract fans in droves, and the Hawks will be no different. Strangely, I wouldn’t want change anything in the Seahawks’ past, even Tom Flores or 2005, because to diminish the low points, would also lessen the sheer joy of yesterday’s win.

Sorry for the ultra-long rant, but living in SoCal, there’s no one that truly understands what we’ve been through.

47. chuck_easton says:

I’ve been a fan for all 37 seasons. Lived through the bad years, the Behring years which made the bad years look good, the mediocre years, and the years that started out promising but ended in disappointment.

So, this is what it feels like to wake up the day after your favorite team wins the SB. I like it!

Chuck – It’s a brave new world. I too have been through it all and waking up this morning was easily the greatest football-season Monday of my life. Cheers

49. seahawk44 says:

Glossman…we share a very similar story. Where in SoCal are you located?

I also want to say that this blog has been great. I’ve been reading comments from thus site daily for a long time. I don’t remember who ran it before Sando, but I remember when he took it over. I mostly read, post occasionally. I have seen many of the same contributers on here for the same length of time. I enjoy hearing all of the different ways you all express your passion about this team. We all wanted the same thing, and now it has happened. And I believe this is only the beginning of a great run for years. And Todd, I think you do an excellent job of reporting to us fans.

50. freedom_X says:

It’s also refreshing to see so many writers for other cities talking about how their teams can follow the Seattle model. How Seattle is setting the example for their teams to follow. It’s almost intoxicating, after so many years of “mediocrity.” Another dream fulfilled.

51. Glossman says:

Seahawk44, I’m in the Frazier Park area in the mountains north of Los Angeles.

52. wallinator says:

Live sports talk tonight at 7p pst as we break down Super Bowl 48 w former Broncos Safety Nick Ferguson; & Coach Carroll’s good friend, Cornell Ward, joins the show to talk about the big game, his work as Executive Director for the Unity One Foundation, & his relationship with Pete Carroll. Join the Double S Xpress tonight at http://www.double-s-xpress.com Go Hawks!

53. seahawk44 says:

Glossman. I grew up in Bakersfield and now live in Northridge. I have lived on both sides of you. Everyone I know…when they hear Seahawks, they think of me because I was the only Hawk fan they knew around here. I became a fan at 11 yo in 1981 and suffered years of ridicule from fans of other teams. I. Went to a few games at the Colliseum (while hiding my colors under a black jacket).
    We definitely have things in common. We may have to meet for a game next season.

I am flying to Seattle tomorrow for the Wednesday parade.

54. sluggo42 says:

With Chuck and Duke, as an older guy, fan since day one, it was beyond awesome.

I can’t add any more than the rest of the stuff written by everyone, so it’s all great.

Yank, you make occasional good points, but stfu about yourself. Honestly, doesn’t this team teach you anything? There is no I in team. As a retired manager of a large company, I can tell you that you need to grow up and get over yourself.. Seriously.

It’s awesome they are already thinking about next year.

Going out for a celebration dinner… Wasn’t in shape last night.

Go hawks!

55. toastmaster says:

This is one of the happiest days of my life!!!! I was even happy taking the garbage out last night. I yelled GO HAWKS and someone out in the night joined in my cheer!!!!! I’m going to vegas for my 40 in April and I’m gonna make a super bowl bet for SB49 for the HAWKS!!!!! See you all Wed at the parade!!!!!

56. SeattleBlue says:

“”I love this quote!! :)

“Wilson was reliable and his numbers were solid, but not great. They never are. Carroll restricts him to roughly 25 passes a game, and it’s Wilson’s job to make most of them. He did just that in Super Bowl XLVIII, completing 18 of 25 passes for 206 yards and two touchdowns. Though not spectacular, Wilson was efficient — as always. “He’s the general,” Harvin said of his QB. “I haven’t seen anybody prepare the way he prepares. There were three minutes on the clock, still ticking, and he’s still in our faces telling us, ‘Stay ready,’ and we’re like, ‘Man, the game’s pretty much over.’””

-So happy after yesterday. And this is a great quote. Also, I like “The General” as a nickname for Russell. He orchestrates the offence with the precision of a general executing an offensive attack on the battlefield. He has outstanding leadership with a military like discipline in his preparation. Even his affect and the way he carries himself has very militaristic quality to it. I can definitely picture him in uniform, lol! What do you think, Russell = “The General”?

57. Glossman says:

Seahawk44, we do have a lot in common. I actually grew up in Simi Valley and worked in Bakersfield in the early 90’s.

My wife and I plan to catch the Hawks/Chargers game in San Diego this year. Maybe we can meet up for that game.

Enjoy the parade! We’re extremely jealous!

58. Ha! I grew up in Sylmar and have been in Mojave desert since. When we flew up for the Arizona game it was amazimg to be surrounded by my peeps! After following this team after their very first game (I started a Rams fan because they were the closest team to us), I just can’t express how unbelievable I feel. I left the blog for the last week because I was just glowing. One huge item off the bucket list. Lets hope for a healthy year coming up. Bottom line is that if they stay reasonably healthy, theres a legit shot at back to back!
    Go Hawks!