1. ESPN is seriously crazy with this Lynch stuff. Clayton’s comments were one thing, but Blount’s taking it further.

“So now, the football writers have taken a strong stand against Lynch, and in the process will infuriate thousands of Seahawks fans who love him.”

Fair to say it’s infuriating fans, but not for the reason he’s picking.

2. Is this what they fly on regularly?

3. thursday says:

ESPN is clearly butthurt

4. Don’t think so. I believe the Hawks charter a commercial plane for travel (I think PA had a custom 757 for the Hawks back during the ’05 SB run, but he got rid of that plane in ’06 or ’07).

This looks like a 747 freighter since it doesn’t look like it has any windows on the main deck (just a few on the hump).

Todd — did Boeing say who owns the plane and what it is for?

5. Of course, this is only a “sideshow” because ESPN decides to make it a “sideshow”.

And a “mockery” of interviews? Seriously? Maybe PFWA doesn’t sanction this, but the mockery started as soon as the NFL allowed “reporters” in wedding dresses into media day. The post of off-the-wall questions that Todd collected doesn’t make a mockery of things?

There’s 52 other Hawks players who are happy to give the cliché-ridden responses you get these days. I doubt the quality of the reporting has suffered one bit from Marshawn’s non-answers (hell, they should be happy, it gives them something to write about beyond an article that boils down to “Marshawn has praise for the Bronco’s D, ‘They can flat-out ball, boss’ and says that Seattle will need to play its best game to have a shot”).

ESPN beat to death the Sherman thing and have now moved on to Lynch. They are the TMZ of sports coverage. I really hate them.

7. RDPoulsbo says:

I’m pretty sure it was John Clayton who made the initial complaint with the league. Since he’s their “superstar,” everyone at ESPN following along to drive ratings.

Deon Sanders was on point saying the media is the problem for trying to make Lynch not be his normal self.

8. freedom_X says:

Still, if this were Peyton Manning or Frank Gore or Wes Welker or Kaepernick doing what Marshawn is doing, I doubt you all would be so forgiving.

9. RDPoulsbo says:

10. I love it!

The Hawks fly in the biggest commercial airliner ever built in the USA. The 747-8. Boss.

11. “I really don’t care what Manning or Welker have to say and haven’t even bothered to find out what they’ve said. I don’t need to ready one cliché after another, just like I haven’t looked for Russell Wilson said this week. There is just no insight that’s going to come from any of these contrived press availabilities. It’s just stupid, inane crap.

Most of the articles out there this week are short on analysis of the game and filled with self-worshipping media crap. I don’t care for any of that.”

Amen to that.

12. Duke- I think you are giving ESPN a little TOO much credit. I think TMZ might have a little more class.

13. HerndonVAHawk says:

Wow! This post is finally something I’m qualified to comment on!

I’ve been reading this blog, including the majority of the comments, since the 2005 season and I’m a Hawks fan since 1976. Somewhere there are pictures stashed away of a goofy looking, skinny 8 year old in a #76 Seahawks jersey. That would be me. I have not commented until now because, quite frankly, I did not feel that I would add something useful to the discussion.

However, I happen to be fairly knowledgeable about aircraft in general and current Boeing commercial aircraft in particular. The plane in the picture with the nice looking Seahawks “Spirit of 12s” livery is indeed a 747-8F freighter as twillis pointed out. It is line number 1437 which was originally allocated to Atlas NTU but Atlas either cancelled the order or deferred their order because the early line number -8’s had weight, range, and fuel burn issues. So, this frame is currently unallocated according to the info I could find.

Having a big iconic Boeing made plane painted in honor of the Seahawks and their fans in time for the Super Bowl is very cool and uniquely Seattle. Could there be a fly-by in the near future? Whoever paid for the paint job gets a hearty “Thank You!” from me.

14. HerndonVAHawk says:

With regard to Lynch’s interviews, I played the first one that Todd posted a couple of weeks ago before the Saints game for a co-worker and we both thought it was hilarious. The curt answers highlight well the banality of most of the questions these guys face. My favorite line was the last one, “I just wanna win, boss!”.

15. Welcome, HerndonVAHawk.

DFloyd – Perhaps you’re right.

17. So that is just a test version of the 747-8 freighter? No wonder it lacks windows. I was hoping it was the one the team flew in. There is a passenger version of the 747-8.

Boss.

18. HerndonVAHawk says:

Thanks, bbmate.

Thanks for the link, MoSeahawk12. It looks like Allen may have paid to get a test frame painted. Hopefully the Puget Sound region will have plenty of opportunities to see it in the air.

19. Southendzone says:

Thanks herndon for the plane info. Boeing & the hawks are as Seattle as it gets.

HerndonVAHawk – Awesome info! Thanks and welcome. Don’t be a stranger, boss.

21. From the PI, some important Seahawks/747 info:

“A 747-8 Freighter can carry 121 million Skittles (Lynch’s favorite treat); and

Quarterback Russell Wilson’s longest pass this season was 80 yards, just 3.5 feet less than the lenght of a 747-8.”

That’s the longest plane in the world. And a lot of skittles.

22. HerndonVAHawk says:

Southendzone and Dukeshire – Thanks for the welcome!

A couple more related links.

A barrel roll over the stadium during the third quarter would be perfect, but alas, it’s not 1955 and Tex Johnston is no longer alive.

23. Herndon–Nice Tex Johnson reference! That barrel roll was one of my Dad’s favorite stories! He thought–along with everyone else–That Johnson was batspit crazy with nards the size of watermelons..

24. HerndonVAHawk says:

Thanks STTBM!

Check out the flight path that the plane is flying right now in honor of the 12th Man. You can track the flight live on FightAware, under flight number BOE12.