Niners don’t have story straight on ex-Hawk’s stories

Post by Don Ruiz / The News Tribune on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:30 pm with 17 Comments »
January 16, 2014 7:36 pm

San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh and defensive coordinator Vic Fangio had different takes on the significance of any information they might be able to get out of cornerback Perrish Cox, the only 49er to have played with the Seahawks this season.

Harbaugh was asked if he had gotten any insights from Cox, and said, “A few. A few nuances. Yeah, a few insights.”

Asked about the same issue, Fangio responded: “Not really. I haven’t asked him one question.”

1. seahawksteven777 says:

Even if Cox did have some insight, what could it possibly be that the 49ers haven’t seen? They know us pretty well and it’s not as if Cox knows what our game plan is going to be for this weeks game. Irrelevant pretty much.

2. thursday says:

Kind of…not related, but interesting. Was watching Total Access tonight and it’s interesting that the Mighty Quinn essentially called Wilson elite, but shrugged off the idea that Kap was the same. He also gave Seattle the edge bc of HF. The latter is less interesting to me than the former tho…

seahawksteven777 – Exactly. I believe that’s more gamesmanship from Harbaugh than anything else.

4. bulldog80 says:

I saw that too Thursday, thought it was interesting.

5. ChrisHolmes says:

Lamesmanship. Harbaugh seems like such a tool now.

I can only hope we beat them Sunday. Time for the “Harbaugh face”.

6. There is just no way I can face those rotten 9r fans at work if we don’t win. Help me out here Dangeruss!

7. “Lamesmanship” LOL.

Quinn didn’t “essentially” call Wilson elite. He flat out said it.

Good one, Stevo. Lol

Sorry, props to you, Chris. Lol

11. It’s going to be insufferable down here if SEA looses. I seriously want this game to be over at half time so I can bask in the glory of a whole half worth of Kapernick’s deer-in-the-headlights look and Harbaugh face along with assorted Niners with “when the hell can we get on the bus?” faces.

If I can’t have that, then all I ask is that the Hawks have one more point than the Niners when the clock hits 0:00 in the 4th.

12. JoeinKirkland says:

twillis, of course that is all we need, but I don’t think my heart can take it. After the Saints game I was physically and emotionally spent. I felt more relieved than joyous which is pretty pathetic. If we hold on to one of our easy pics we win at least 23-8 and everybody is feeling better.

Can’t afford to drop Kaep mistakes.

13. ChrisHolmes says:

@twillis: I’m with you. I’d love for this to be a repeat of the 2005 NFC championship game. 17-0 and everyone in the stadium knew it was over.

Let’s hope. I mean, if Seattle fires on all cylinders, we know what this team could do.

Two games. 100% effort and execution. Just two games. Go do it boys.

14. banosser says:

“Lamesmanship. Harbaugh seems like such a tool now.”

“seems” ??? lol Harbaw IS a tool

15. ChrisHolmes says:

@banosser Well, I was speaking from my perspective.

When Harbaugh was starting to become a hot head coaching name during his time at Stanford, I was really hoping Seattle would snatch him up. I liked Harbaugh as a player and I thought he had done an excellent job at the college level. I felt his experience as a pro, running a pro-style offense at Stanford, well, I just felt like he was going to transition to pro coaching very well.

Seattle hired Jim Mora… and the rest is history.

Now, to Harbaugh’s credit, he’s been everything I thought he would be as a head coach for the 49ers. They’ve been outstanding.

But his behavior is juvenile. He’s a tool. I can’t think of a better way to put it.

I prefer our coach. Pete doesn’t scream and yell, doesn’t lose his cool and doesn’t act like a total ass.

16. bird_spit says:

I agree.. I am in the Bay area for the superbowl week. It would be a bad experience if 9ers are in. And oh yes, it will be a glorious experience if the hawks are in. Go hawks!