Seahawks 23, Saints 15: Postgame reaction thread

Post by Kenny Via / The News Tribune on Jan. 11, 2014 at 4:46 pm with 210 Comments »
January 11, 2014 4:46 pm

Cliff Avril, O'Brien Schofield, Clinton McDonald

The quest continues.

After a rain-soaked and wind-rattled 23-15 win over the New Orleans Saints on Saturday at CenturyLink Field, the Seattle Seahawks will return to the NFC Championship game for the first time since 2006.

It was another smothering performance from Seattle’s defense for most of the game against Drew Brees and the Saints, whom the Seahawks rolled over 34-7 in Week 12 on Monday Night Football.

Seattle’s offense struggled, as it has for the past few games, but the weather conditions were less than ideal. Marshawn Lynch broke out with a big game, punctuating it with a 31-yard touchdown run to effectively ice the victory. The Saints scored a late touchdown and got the onside kick, but time ran out and the Seahawks survived.

Seattle will face the winner of Sunday’s San Francisco/Carolina divisional game that starts at 10:05 a.m.. The Seahawks recorded a 12-7 win over the Panthers in Week One and split its two games with the rival 49ers this season (29-3 win in Seattle and 19-17 loss in San Francisco).

The Seahawks will get an extra day of rest, which could benefit star receiver Percy Harvin who left the game with a concussion after catching three passes. Seattle will return to the friendly confines of its home stadium next Sunday for a chance to advance to the franchise’s second Super Bowl.

In the meantime, and feeling the afterglow of a playoff victory, let’s get to some questions:

1. Who gets the game ball? Who was the goat?

2. What impressed you the most from the Seahawks’ gameplan?

3. Percy Harvin showed glimpses again, hopes for next week?

4. Which part of this team concerns you the most moving forward?

5. Panthers or Niners? Which rematch do you want to see most and why?

Please, answer these questions and drop any other knowledge on the Seahawks in the comment section below.

1. CDHawkFan says:

Can we stop the 3rd down slant pass crap Bevell?

2. Do I get a prize lol

pabuwal
    JAN. 10, 2014 AT 2:40 PM
    I’m going with Seahawks 23-16 with the Saints putting in a late score to make the game look closer. The Seahawks are aided by several Saints turnovers.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/01/10/a-pick/#storylink=cpy

3. well – more stressful than it felt like it needed to be – but a playoff win is a playoff win, and I’m gonna let others drop the individual critiques.

offensive struggles are obviously our issue – the defense can’t play much better than they’re playing these days. remember that the game isn’t as close if we hang onto those picks we usually make.

onward . . .

4. Hawkenstein says:

1.Game ball – lynch
    Wilson needs to be better along with play calling

2.The defense impressed minus the last drive where they basically packed it in

3.he’ll play.

4. Definitely pass game is a concern.

5.just bring the miners so we can smack them around

5. pabs – I actually thought of you when the score moved to 23-15 . . . not bad.

6. drakedog says:

Pulling Percy out was obviously strategic!!! Fake the concussion so our opponent doesn’t know what to expect in the conference championship. It was like watching a boxing match where one guy was paid to go down!. Shrewd move Carroll, shrewd move…..

7. Macabrevity says:

1. Who gets the game ball? Who was the goat?
    Gameball to Kam
    Goat I’ll say Bevell

2. What impressed you the most from the Seahawks’ gameplan?
    Disrupting Graham

3. Percy Harvin showed glimpses again, hopes for next week?
    He should have a big medical impact next week. His biggest impact will be seen in FA losses this off-season

4. Which part of this team concerns you the most moving forward?
    Why did Bevell wear a tux to his vasectomy? “If I’m gonna be impotent, I’m gonna look impo’tant”

5. Panthers or Niners? Which rematch do you want to see most and why?
    I’m happy any time I see the 48ers lose.

8. sluggo42 says:

I think Tate is concussed

9. Excellent showing by the defense. Bar none, the best defense to ever grace the game. People are talking about how the Saints defense is pretty good, but the rankings and stats were padded by the division they play in – the falcons, buccaneers, and panthers weren’t known for their potent offenses this season. Playing the sputtering Cardinals, Bills, and Jets definitely ranks them higher than they would be otherwise. The point I’m getting at is, you are gonna have to score points to win the games upcoming – especially in the super bowl. I think this game was the hardest game they play this season – including the NFC Championship, in that I don’t see either of the remaining NFC teams scoring like the saints can.

This all being said – They’re going to play an offensive juggernaut in the Super Bowl. Whether it’s the Broncos, Patriots, Colts, or Chargers. They’re going to be able to slow down ALL of the teams, but not stop them. I’m genuinely concerned with the offenses ability to keep pace with any of the AFC teams. 9/18 for 103 yards from the quarterback position won’t do it against the AFC super bowl opponent.

10. CDHawkFan says:

While it was a shaky win, it sure did seem like luck wasn’t on our side with the multiple drops on the picks, not challenging the fumble which cost some field position.

Goat, either Tate or RW. Those guys need to get it together quickly, though they are becoming cheaper with each crappy game they put up.

11. Oh, and Harvin doesn’t play again until the super bowl.

12. I don’t think Cam ever came to Seattle, so I’d love to see the Panthers come out and try CLink out. The niners know what to expect – so it won’t be so shell shocking, although I don’t see Kaep EVER winning in seattle.

Regardless, I wanna see Sherman and S. Smith on the big stage. So I gotta say I’m pulling for the Panthers, especially because I hate Harbaugh.

13. drakedog says:

Assuming we make it to the Super Bowl, RADE…In all seriousness, I was concerned with Russell’s ability to see the field. I was watching on a half bit connection on my laptop, and I could see wide open guys down the field on replays from behind the line of scrimmage.

14. “They’re going to play an offensive juggernaut in the Super Bowl. Whether it’s the Broncos, Patriots, Colts, or Chargers.”

you realize that the Colts and Chargers scored less points than us, and the Pats had 27 more total points than us this season, right?

there’s only one offensive juggernaut in the league.

RW needs to play better for us to win the SB, but let’s not go all chicken little as we head into the NFC title game.

15. To all the mylittlepony sunshine and rainbows idiots who kept whining on the live chat; who kept saying anyone who disagreed with them needed to quit the chat; who namecalled and had a fit constantly; SHUT IT!!!

Being frustrated when your team is choking in epic fashion isnt negativity, its rooting for your team but calling a spade a spade.

Do you fools actually think posting BS happy comments when your team is sucking HELPS–or even effect the game at all?! Do you really think taking your team to task fir stupid mistakes brings bad juju or something?! Pathetic!!

No one has ever rooted harder for their team than I have for 30 straight seasons; but Ill be damned if I let anyone tell me how I get to root for them, or question my fanhood.

RW has sucked for 5 straight games now, and Bevell sucked too. This offense is a total mess. Im worried sick for next week, but damn! What a great job by the D!!

16. An ugly win…even the defense played a bit ugly in the fourth quarter but the offense was, well, really bad. Other than Marshawn and Percy Harvin when he was in there, they were pretty bad.

1. Game Ball is easy, Beast Mode. Goat…Russell Wilson played very poorly. He came through with that one good throw to Baldwin, but otherwise he did not look like a QB that can win a Super Bowl.

2. Best part of the game plan was the running game, but really overall not an impressive opening shot in the playoffs.

3. I hope like Hell Percy plays next week…they NEED him. The offense was significantly better with him in the game.

4. Concerns: the receivers, the offensive line (still), game planning…and frankly, the quality of play from our quarterback.

5. I hope we play Carolina…because looking at how today went, I don’t really think we could beat the Forty-Niners, even at home, playing like we did on offense today.

17. freedom_X says:

1) Marshawn Lynch without a doubt.
    2) Little impressed me about the gameplan. I was certain they were trying to set up play-action, but they never did anything to make life tough for the Saint defense.
    3) With better conditions and assuming he checks out, there’s a lot of hope.
    4) Mediocre offense.
    5) 49ers, to send Harbaugh packing and let me know he’s been booted out of the NFC chair. Maybe he’ll decide to take the Dolphin job after all.

I am not very happy after a huge win like this. I thought Seattle blew many opportunities to seal this victory and I’m concerned the team lacks focus. The playcalling is very questionable. The clock management was laughable (burn time in the 3rd and 4th quarters, then start throwing in the last 4 minutes.)

The defense failed to close on Brees for sacks when they knew he had to throw, they dropped two sure interceptions, and Earl Thomas needed to dial down his caffeine dosage.

I know they won so this is overreaction, but I was very unhappy the last 5 minutes. There were at least 4 chances for Seattle to seal the win and they muffed on all four. If this game is played anywhere else, or played in dry conditions, the Saints had a great chance to win. The inability to close out a team on the ropes will kill Seattle next week, or in the Super Bowl if we get that far.

This failure to capitalize on multiple chances to seal the victory is burr under my saddle that I can’t let go of – good thing I didn’t bet on this game (though I did put Super Bowl money on Seattle.)

18. ReneragMexicoHawk says:

Bevell was too conservative after we lead 16-0.

19. “I was watching on a half bit connection on my laptop, and I could see wide open guys down the field on replays from behind the line of scrimmage”

to my eyes that was literally one play you’re referring to. we can put it all on Wilson if you want, but our wideouts aren’t great at creating space either.

I’ll say this – the guy only played a half, and was involved in a handful of plays – but we need Harvin out there. He makes a tangible difference to our offense.

20. STTBM, you are rapidly becoming one of my favorite posters. We’re picking blemishes out on a show car. Sure, the car wins the amateur shows, but when it gets to the finals, it’s under a lot more scrutiny. Wilson is absolutely nothing without this best-ever defense and the power of Lynch. You can spit on me all you want, but ranking 26th in the NFL in passing is an indisputable fact.

The last 4 games of the regular season are very troubling – and it’s not getting better.

21. MikeFromNewJersey says:

@Pabuwal Great call on that!! I’ll buy you a drink at the grasshopper!

22. sluggo42 says:

Game all- beast easy call

Gameplan-defense killing it

Hoping Percy isn’t cussed. But he just isn’t into game shape, thus he got beat up

Lack of offense besides beast is bothersome. Russell isn’t getting it done lately, I don’t know if it’s nerves or what, cuz no matter how much you talk about being clutch or great, the butterflies are still there.

I don’t care who we play, although I kinda want the 49ers to shut them up, but I also want Cam to get his first dose of the clink.

23. “To all the mylittlepony sunshine and rainbows idiots who kept whining on the live chat; who kept saying anyone who disagreed with them needed to quit the chat; who namecalled and had a fit constantly; SHUT IT!!!”

you want to post your relentlessly negative comments, fine, it’s your right. but don’t expect everyone who reads them to have zero opinion. you post to get reactions, can’t complain about it when you get them.

24. If you happen to see Doug Baldwin shake his hand for me.

25. pdway, there’s a huge difference between relentlessly negative and realistic. There’s no denying that the offense is a huge liability.

26. drakedog says:

27. “and Earl Thomas needed to dial down his caffeine dosage.

He spoiled the interception opportunity for Maxwell (trying to go for it instead of playing back as a safety net) and nearly took Chancellor out (though it was big Kam that ended up nearly doing the reverse.) It looked like glory seeking instead of sound football. He should be well aware of where other players are. Once I’d overlook, but twice in 3 minutes seems like a guy looking to make a highlight clip.”

seriously? you want our best defensive playmaker to play less aggressively? of course he went for the pick, he’s our FS, that’s what they do. I thought Earl Thomas absolutely played his a– off today. he was all over the field, and was the single biggest reason I had faith that our defense wouldn’t let us lose this game.

28. pdway is right about Maxwell and Thomas. Thomas was absolutely doing his job and going balls deep into the game. Thomas and Sherman’s presence is what makes this defense so good.

29. The team is only Choking in an epic fashion if they actually choke.

Every NFL playoff game looks just like this.

Which quarterback makes the clutch play at the end and which defense makes the clutch stop?

That’s why playoff football sucks when your team has the number 1 seed.

30. wazzulander says:

Sluggo, I wonder if your right about Tate, dude looked to be out of it all game.

31. Folks you want to see the Panthers next week and not the 49ers.

32. the niners know what to expect, the panthers are out in the cold.

i am cheering ont he panthers rabidly.

33. “pdway, there’s a huge difference between relentlessly negative and realistic. There’s no denying that the offense is a huge liability”

I agree the offense is an issue – but failure to note the positives of a playoff win over a quality opponent, to me is negative, not just realistic. The reality of the situation, if we’re being realistic, is that we’re 14-3, and about to host the NFC title game. The Saints don’t suck, if you’re only happy after perfect game blowouts, then you will almost never be happy. Which is fine if that’s how you want to be a fan, I’m just saying don’t expect to have everyone agree with your view.

34. hawkfan777 says:

Seriously RADEon, Go troll on another site. I dont like hearing your negativity. You know too little about football to be talking.

Hawks went up 16-0 and Bevell went into conservative mode. Run, Run, Pass. I am sorry but few quarterbacks will play well in that situation. Rob Ryan is actually a great defensive coach. Look how bad the Cowboys defense was this year without him and look how much the #32 defense from last year improved. Didn’t they end up in the top 10?

Wilson had a fine game. Not his best but if you know anything about football you would have been able to see the other factors. Defense, wind, rain, dropped passes etc. He did enough to win. Drew did not.

35. agree w/above – there’s a certain slaying the dragon thing with the Niners, but I just want us to win the SB, and I agree that a Carolina win gives us a better chance of that.

36. The 3rd down slants were fine, the execution of them was terrible. One completion, three off target and one drop.

RW’s confidence has been lacking for about a month and it is showing in his accuracy, or lack-there-of. You can see it on film. His footwork is really off. I think he “arm’d” at least a half dozen passes today. And his decision making in the pocket is off also.

I think with one or two big plays and it will come back but in order for that to happen we’re going to need some WR’s to get better separation. So it will take a real team effort to turn it around.

37. ReneragMexicoHawk says:

1. Game ball obvious to the beast! Bevell is the goat lacks killer instinct.
    2.Impress the way they shout out Graham.
    3. Harvin makes a diferencce, in the first Lynch touchdown he attracts the half of the saints D.
    4. The OL today play good but Wilson saw a lot of preasure.
    5. Anyone but with SF could be epic.

38. DanielleMND says:

Even when we win a big game, some of you are extremely negative. Go be a Browns fan or something.

Yes, our offense needs to play better, but RW looked sharper with Harvin in the game, and Tate never looked right after he got hit in the head early in the game.

39. Lynch gameball. Goats are RW for being awful as usual (5 weeks straight) and Tate for his two huge drops. Bevell for being incompetent in the entire second half.

The Seahawks offensive gameplan impressed no one. It sucked balls. Defensively, they still have issues in the run game.

Harvin looked lost and clueless and he cant jump. Hes Joey Galloway screwing up a good team, an athlete but not a real fit in this offense yet. I hope he sits next week. Seattle cant count on him to a) know what hes doing and b) stay healthy. Kearse is outplaying him.

The offense concerns me. Its mind bogglingly terrible. Except Lynch.

Dont care who we play. Probably rather see the Panthers play us cause I hate the niners.

Its up to Bevell and the offense to bring us a SB or ruin the best Seahawks team of all time–every other unit is set. Its all you, offense.

What in hell is wrong with RW?! Poor decisions, late decisions, terribly inaccurate, just…not the guy we all thought he was…

40. Just got to make those two picks. This is a defensive team that runs the ball. It is not pretty at times. Maybe it’s a good thing we don’t blow them out in hindsight. Go panthers

41. “pdawy, seriously, how can you tell from my comment which play I was referring to? I was speaking in the plural, but obviously you construed it in the singular. Russell was missing routes all night out of his drop.”

you’re right. I did notice one like that – and made an assumption. But if you’re saying that Russell was missing guys downfield all game -well, I watched the game very closely too, and don’t know you how you would know that unless you’re watching the all-22 feed.

42. wazzulander says:

In a lot of ways I’d much rather face kapernik than Cam, but there’s no way I’m rooting for the niners. Especially living in the Bay Area

43. hawkfan777, i’m going to ignore you, because you obviously don’t know about my knowledge. You need to learn what trolling is before you press send. Hint: it’s not what your mom told you on facebook.

pdway. I wasn’t expecting a blowout. I was actually thinking the hawks would be down by a few and then RW would lead them to a last minute comeback.

I don’t see him doing that anymore. That stat line, with the past few weeks, is very troubling. The leading receiver had 3 catches for 21 yards, and only played a half. If it weren’t for Marshawn being superhuman and made out of metal and having huge batteries and power, this is a loss.

44. Worst game I’ve seen from Tate in awhile. How many drops today? I wonder if you’re right about Tate being concussed, Sluggo. Dude looked out of it.

Getting Harvin back before next week would be huge.

45. drakedog says:

Drew was delivering strikes into guys chests in the second half, Russell was delivering wobbling ducks at the back of guys ankles…Russell did not play well in any facet. We won because 1) the D played balls out, and 2) Marshawn had a hell of a game. Our passing game was out of sync though even though Wilson had plenty of time on a lot of his drop backs.

46. As usual, few ever talk about Doug Baldwin and he makes game-winning plays every day.

47. Also the defense played an absolutely incredible game. The 4th quarter was more of them getting a bit winded after spending the 3rd quarter plus some on the field.

And Percy Harvin…omg…I love the guy’s talent but if he can’t stay healthy…damn…

48. Actually Wilson didn’t have a good game again. Hopefully it gets better. The wind was a huge X-Factor.

But he did make the 1 clutch play when he needed to. And that counts for a ton in today’s NFL playoffs.

49. sluggo42 says:

Doh luck! pic-6

50. Danielle–go be a Pats fan or something . Seriously, all you do is post an occasional comment telling folks how to root for their team. Thank you for your opinion; I will root for this team the way I choose, and you can accept it or leave.

51. drakedog says:

pdway, because my dog gave me a weird look every time I yelled at the screen when I saw those missed throws. I remember at least 3, which is 2 too many.

52. pabuwal, the weather it’s what’s keeping me from total distraught mode. I’m watching the replays, and he’s just plain missing reads.

53. looking at the boxscore – didn’t know that Kam had 14 tackles, that’s a huge game.

Re Russell – also worth noting that the way things played out – he only had 18 pass attempts. Part of that was a lack of success on offense, but part of it was also the weather issues, and also the fact that we ran it for 174 yds today. You’re just not going to pile up a ton of passing yards on 18 attempts, period. we’re a run-first team, we all know that.

54. wazzulander says:

Your ripping Wilson and harvin but not your favorite guy Tate, sttbm? Not surprised…

55. juliusvrooder says:

Russell needs to play more decisively. A half-dozen times he was still pump-faking when he should have been sprinting. He should be more decisive. D was good but I freaking bated the prevent crap at the end.

56. maybe i’ve been overreacting for a month and a half. who knows. i am just concerned about points being put up in the clutch

57. Tate dropped two. Baldwin made two great plays, but we need more. Kearse made a great catch and had a key block on Lynchs second TD. But RW looks lost, and this offense is a real mess.

58. wazzulander says:

Whoops my bad

59. juliusvrooder says:

Uh bated.

60. What a game! The power went out at my house literally 10 minutes before the beginning, so I had to go to the local bar to watch it.

While I’m still on the Russell Wilson bandwagon, I’d like to know why we’re seeing so much Future Hall Of Famer Wilson one week & god awful Wilson the next.

I continue to wonder if RW is hiding an injury.

It’s also obvious we need Harvin (& a major upgrade in the offensive line).

I guess time (next season?) will tell with RW, but for now, Go Hawks!!!!!!

1. Who gets the game ball? Who was the goat?

a. Lynch & the entire D
    b. no goat, but Wilson’s decline is concerning me.

2. What impressed you the most from the Seahawks’ gameplan?
    The 1st half D.

3. Percy Harvin showed glimpses again, hopes for next week?
    Huge. I hope both him & Thomas are able to play.

4. Which part of this team concerns you the most moving forward?
    Reciever, O line, & RW’s inconsistency.

5. Panthers or Niners? Which rematch do you want to see most and why?
    Panthers. The 49’ers scare me more & I want a superbowl!

61. Tate outplayed RW despite the two drops. Rw was just bad. Hes been bad for five games, and theres no sign its getting better..

62. juliusvrooder says:
  63. Game ball – Earl Thomas hands down. (Although Marshawn was pretty incredible too.)

Goat? – Colston for that mental-midget off a forward lateral to end the game. (Thank you.)

Game plan? It was actually pretty good but for some reason RW’s off and whereas he used to have no fear throwing it up and letting his guys make plays on the ball, lately he looks deep, pulls the ball down late and tries to run.

Percy….gosh as much as I want the guy to be great for us I am afraid it may never happen. He has the “Thurmond Syndrome”. Time to draft a tall, speedy, good hands WR.

Concern? Russell Wilson. His confidence and mechanics need some serious work right now. Let it fly man!

Don’t care who we play but I’m betting on the 49ers. And that would be fitting to play them at home next week.

64. drakedog says:

Maybe if RW actually throws a pick thats not a deep ball he’ll figure out that a pick over the middle isn’t the end of the world. Haven’t seen him throw a deep cross in a long time.

I don’t know who gets the award for biggest idiot on this blog? STTBM or RADEoN. I think it’s a tie at this point. Lol.

BTW- How did, (all world) Brees do in this weather?

66. “If the saints would have tied the game, would you have been genuinely comfortable with the offenses ability to score?”

Nope. That’s a valid point. After the first half, the Saints’ D was better than our O. Got to give them a little credit – their defense was much improved this year. Plus the weather played a part in things.

Worth noting in general though – obviously RW played a conservative game today – – but he didn’t throw a single ball that was in danger of being picked. And in a game where you have the lead and your defense is playing great, that’s a big deal.

Brees is Brees, but he really should have had 2 INT’s today, those were both pretty routine catches for our DBs normally.

67. sluggo42 says:

I think RW had trouble today with lack of WRs, in crappy weather. He still missed the slants badly though, and his sprint to the right isn’t working at all either. Bevell needs to see that and adjust. Still no screens either.

I am disappointed with the headhunting of the saints

68. Southendzone says:

Tough game folks, gritted it out with a 1st time ever ejection from QWEST field. Won’t go into the details other than to say it was around 15% justified and 85% security guard little man syndrome.

What matters is I was there giving it all for 3.5 quarters and the Hawks won.

69. “and his sprint to the right isn’t working at all either”

yeah, totally agree with that.

Lol Southendzone.

71. Just looking at the effect Harvin had while in the game shines a light on how deficient the rest of the WRs are. The Offense literally died as soon as he exited the game for a final time.

72. bulldog80 says:

Holy crap! Feel like I just gave birth after that game. Our defense is unbelievable!

However, RW played the worst that I’ve ever seen him by far. Really bad performance that cannot reoccur or we’re most likely done. Why is he so tentative now? That outside screen to Harvin would have been a TD. Don’t understand what’s going on with him.

In addition, Bevell could be the worst play caller I have ever seen. He STILL at this point won’t just pound Lynch 3 straight times up the middle when we have the ball inside the 5. I’m pissed cause now nobody is going to hire that clown as a HC after watching this game.

BTW- All world Brees had 25 more passes than Wilson for the game. More than twice as much and how did that work out. Lol.

74. CDHawkFan says:

There were lots of rumours about holding Harvin out while ‘healthy’ (healthy enough to play) until the playoffs. That seemed really risky to me since home field was still at stake in the last week of this season.

But if true, I wonder if Pete is holding back on some offensive calls. They haven’t used Miller like they did at the end of last year, RW is not keeping the read option, not much boot-leg roll outs, not much of the short throws. Seems like they are dialing up the same calls over and over with the slants on 3rd down, then the WR bubble screen, even the couple of Turbin plays are the same direction delay handoffs.

I really hoping they are holding it back for the next 2 games, but that seems really risky.

75. Wilson didn’t throw that outside screen to Harvin because he was worried the wind would take the ball and turn it into a backward lateral. The were against the wind and it was pretty heavy at that point.

Could you imagine if the Saints picked that turnover up and did something with it?

76. Hawkfan777–i dont like your fatuous excuse making for RW playing badly five games in a row, why dont you go troll elsewhere?

Thanks Radeon.

77. “Just looking at the effect Harvin had while in the game shines a light on how deficient the rest of the WRs are. The Offense literally died as soon as he exited the game for a final time.”

agree w/that. crazy he could make such a difference in the feel of the game, having not played all year.

78. thursday says:

Like Bennett calling out their dirty ish. Also graham being overrated. That game was maadening AF.

Agree pabs. When Harvin went out it made a big impact on our passing game.
    However with a big lead and the way Lynch was running there was no need to open up the passing game as much as the Saints did.

80. “Had Seattle not made it scary at the end I would be celebrating right now. But the offense is falling apart rather than improving, and im worn out from cheering and cussing my heart out for this ceazy team… ”

we won, you can still celebrate – offense wasn’t good, but they were just good enough, and none of the NFC teams left have amazing offenses either. And in the SB, if we’re lucky enough to get there, who knows what happens? A defensive TD, a special teams TD, a defense that picks Manning 3 times? Anything could happen . .. we’re still alive and kicking, and whoever wins the SF/Carolina slugfest is going to have come and beat us in our house.

81. seaturkeys says:

1. Who gets the game ball? Who was the goat? 1st half Percy and 2nd half Percy

2. What impressed you the most from the Seahawks’ gameplan? Percy

3. Percy Harvin showed glimpses again, hopes for next week? Lots of Percy

4. Which part of this team concerns you the most moving forward? Offense without Percy

5. Panthers or Niners? Which rematch do you want to see most and why? Panthers

pdway- Some folks couldn’t enjoy a winning lottery ticket if it was given to them.

Go Hawks!!!!

83. Another thing you guys are missing is that Wilson only threw 9 times in the second half – most in obvious passing situations.

It is very difficult for a QB to be successful like that because the Defense knows the pass is coming and because the QB has very little margin for error due to third down.

As the Defense becomes better, Carroll has become far more conservative with the Offense.

84. freedom_X says:

Yes, I’m criticizing Thomas. He’s supposed to have field awareness. His job is not to “fly to the ball.” His job is make the defense sound. He knows when to be aggressive and when not to. This isn’t to say Earl Thomas had a terrible game, but he directly impacted a chance for Seattle to seal the game and instead gave the Saints renewed life – the direct opposite of what he should be doing.

On the Maxwell play, I thought Thomas was a bit deeper than Maxwell. As such, seeing it underthrown, instead of trying to compete with Maxwell for the int. he should have held back, screening off Meacham, and been prepared to capitalize if Maxwell bungled the pick. (or blocked Meachem on the return.) It’s a fine point – maybe Maxwell should have yelled “mine” or vice versa. But being smart like that is what separates All-Pros from the pack.

Thomas was throwing himself around and it looked good breaking up the Graham pass, but then a couple minutes later he flies into Kam Chancellor. That type of stuff looks good on highlight films – but what did it actually accomplish? (the Graham breakup was a good one, because he was the sole defender there.)

I’m afraid that had the 49ers been in the house today, Jim Harbaugh is leaving with that constipated smirk on his face. I am very unhappy with the mental mistakes made. The final Lynch TD run should have sealed it, but the defense just relaxed and decided they didn’t need to play smart anymore.

Offensively, minus Harvin, the receivers clearly could do little. On the 3rd and goal to go ( 6 yards) I watched the receivers go into their patterns and they didn’t shake anyone. It was absolutely correct for Wilson not to force the ball in windy, wet conditions to receivers who were blanketed. Wilson knows the talent he’s got. Why do you think he lofts that ball to Harvin for 16 yards the way he did? Why do you think Wilson doesn’t do that for the other receivers?

The disappointing offensive aspect is that the Seattle coaching staff can’t find any way to exploit a defense that’s selling out to stop the run in the 2nd half, after the rain has diminished and the wind is at their back.

I questioned the clock management (throwing deep in the last 4 minutes) but Carroll knows his team better than I – Carroll knew they needed those points and he couldn’t sit on a 16-8 lead. That’s the issue that worries me.

85. Georgia, this isn’t a lottery ticket. There are still 2 more games to play, each with increasing importance. This offense is misfiring, and bad. That’s not something that’s up for debate, the numbers do not lie. The quarterbacking was very, very bad in the first half, and even worse in the second. I don’t expect them to light up the scoreboard every game, but I don’t expect the defense to have to take on an extra workload like this week in and week out.

I understand you’re a blind fan with eternal optimism, but this type of play won’t win in new jersey.

86. Georgia, go back to your booze, at least IT seems to like you.

I saw Tate and the other wr’s get open time after time and RW miss them or force one to another WR. The offense has serious problems, and its not one player or coaches fault, its systematic. Bad offensive line, lame conservative gameplan, sloppy execution, poor playcalling, bad qb play, and drops.

To blame the WR’s is silly; they need to do better, but they played better than many give them credit for.

And RW’s low attempts and yardage arent the reason some of us are calling him out– thats not stuff he can control, its that hes barely completing 50% of his passes the last five games, is making bad decisions, has lost his accuracy even on short throws, and looks tentative. Hes held the ball too long in every game since NO.

Wilson has looked nothing like himself for over a month and I am worried–and yall should be too.

87. juliusvrooder says:

Interesting how they were aiming high against Percy right from jump. I mean I would never suspect the saints leadership of encouraging their team to intentionally injure their opponent because that would be unsportsmanlike and could result in suspensions and I would never think the saints leadership would be capable of saying something like ‘take the head’ but still : its interesting.

88. TallyHawk says:

I understand the disappointment of Harvin getting hurt but it’s hard for me to blame him for his concussion. Russell left him out to dry and he paid for it. RW also missed 2 or 3 slants that would’ve converted third downs. Good to see the Beast!!

89. If you had the best car in Nascar, and for five races the engine was misfiring, and you had two races to go for the championship, would you be worried?! I sure would, and thats whete this team is at offensively.

RADEoN, you and STTBM keep on bitching, however the Seahawks just keep on winning.
    What are you two going to bitch about after we win the Super Bowl?

I’m sure you two will think of something, Lol.

91. hawkfan777 says:

Radeon, For a guy who isn’t going to respond to me you sure had a lot to say to me.

By the way. My mom is probably older than your grandmother. I talk to her 2-3 times per year. She doesn’t make my bed in the morning and make me lunch like yours does.

My point is you are awfully rough on the offense but you dont know enough about football to say that the offense sucks. They moved the ball well in the first half. The play calling was very predictable in the second half. My wife laughed because I was calling 90% of the plays before they even ran them. If I (a non football expert) can call 90% of the play calls, I am pretty sure a good defensive coordinator and a decent defense can call it at least that well too.

Play calling was the biggest problem in the second half. Not Wilson.

STTBM- Have you ever thrown a football in 30-50 mph winds?

Didn’t think so.

93. SandpointHawk says:

94. OK, and if they lose the super bowl 10-3, what happens? I don’t understand how you guys can be thick enough to debate that the offense isn’t sputtering.

Whatever, though. If the blind wanna follow the blind, let ‘em.

and hawkfan777, i can think of something else YOUR mother can do for me…

95. Did we lose ?
    Sure feels like it reading these comments.
    Chill out, we’re one of the last 4 teams left with shot to be SB champs! You can’t ask for anything more at this point of the season! None of the other teams are without flaws, and I like our chances against any of them. I think some of you all, I won’t name names, need to be on medication.

96. hawkfan777 says:

Radeon and STTBM,

Are you hoping the Hawks will bench Wilson? Maybe Jackson is the answer to the Seahawks problems??? Guys, you are showing your lack of football knowledge with each post. I would highly consider logging off for the night if I were you.

Hawks won. Enjoy the moment.

97. Harvin played his heart out but hes just not in sync. Hes also a little guy who lacks Tates strength and toughness and leaping ability.

I think his brain was already swelling from Bush’s first hit, thats why he eventually went out. I told my wife he was gonna get a realky bad concussion if they kept playing him after that hit, as repeated head trauma is a very bad thing. And thats just what happened. Theres a good chance he doesnt practice this week or next now, which will likely result in him missing the next game.

Which is ok; athlete though he is, hes not ready to play in sync so is a liability imo. I will be just as happy to see him sit if he cant practice much.

98. SandpointHawk says:

Georgia…”Have you ever thrown a football in 30-50 mph winds?” I have and I’ve also caught them… Do we really want to go there?

99. If RW cant complete 50% of his passes, perhaps he does need to sit. Regardless, somethings wrong and the coaches better fix it quick.

Football knowledge?! Thats rich coming from you. Are you Yankinta the HS student in disguise?!

100. seaturkeys says:

I think we see Harvin again this season. Go ‘Hawks!

hawkfan777- Agree. Wilson doesn’t call the plays but try and explain that to the confused so-called fans like RADEon and STTBM.

Sad that some can’t enjoy a playoff win these days.

102. seaturkeys says:

I’m against benching Wilson. I like him.

103. seaturkeys says:

Our defense is great and our offense is very good with Percy.

104. Georgia–Brees threw in that wind far better than RW, and RW’s accuracy has sucked 5 games straight, so it wasnt the weather or an isolated incident. Its a troubling pattern.

I have a pathetic noodle arm, never played qb but I have caught passes in high winds and driving rain; its a pain. Easier to excuse dropped passes than one hoppers and off targets on 5-yard slant routes. Plus, as I said, the weather wasnt a factor in every game in RW streak of suck.

SandpointHawk- Go ahead and go there then. Talk is cheap.

106. SandpointHawk says:

You should talk my friend…

107. DanielleMND says:

“Danielle–go be a Pats fan or something . Seriously, all you do is post an occasional comment telling folks how to root for their team.”

Go educate yourself before you pull opinions out of your backside. If you call what you’re doing on this thread “rooting,” also find yourself a dictionary.

108. bulldog80 says:

Are we the 2000 Ravens reincarnated?

Hope so, they got a ring

109. freedom_X says:

I’m surprised that Harvin plays as well as he has – are we forgetting he has seen only 4 quarters total of game action all year? The business about “game shape” and “getting used to being hit” is real. I wished they would have been more conservative with Harvin, really. I’m amazed he was able play that much, that well, with the Saints looking to take shots at him.

You may notice that Drew Brees only completed just over 50% of his passes. I suppose Payton should have pulled him? And if it hadn’t been for 2 dropped interceptions (and the usual Seattle disappearing pass rush in the last 3 minutes of the game syndrome) Brees stats would have been much worse.

110. brucetir says:

Freedom…PC addressed the aggressiveness of the DB’s after the Rams game on the Brock and Danny Show, referring to when Sherman and Thomas collided. He was very emphatic that when the ball is in the air, they are to go for it, no matter what. That’s how they are coached. So Thomas just did what he’s been coached to do. Sometimes it doesn’t work out.

111. ReneragMexicoHawk says:

If Marshawn Lynch tumbles to the ground before his 2nd touchdown the Hawks would pass to the formation of the victory.

112. Rw couldnt hardly get the ball to his WR on a five yard slant without missing by a mile or one hopping it. How is that a playcall issue when the wr got open? Thats an RW mistake.

The guys in a bad slump, but no one is saying he sucks. Hes not elite either, and for five weeks hes been less than mediocre. If that isnt concerning, dont know what is.

And with the way that one ended, im relieved but Im not about to celebrate. This year, unless and untill they win the SB I see no reason to celebrate. They are SUPPOSED to be winning with this roster.

113. freedom_X says:

Anyone who thinks Brees was throwing the ball much better than Wilson either didn’t tune in until the 4th quarter, or just read nothing but a stat sheet. The ball wasn’t coming off of Brees’ hand at all – no spin, wobbly, high, inaccurate. Not until it dried up in the 2nd half was he able to get it going.

114. The Hawks are hosting the effing NFC Championship and this blog becomes more and more unreadable.

“Harvin looked lost and clueless and he cant jump. Hes Joey Galloway screwing up a good team, an athlete but not a real fit in this offense yet. I hope he sits next week.”

STTBM, WTF were you watching? It couldn’t have been the game. I guess you missed that 16 yard 3rd down catch where he went up and got it over a defender?

“Georgia, go back to your booze, at least IT seems to like you.”

STTBM, I seriously hope for your sake that you have been hitting the booze hard today. If not then you must just have your head buried in your rectum which has become the norm. You are constantly being a whiny hypocrite recently. You cry about other people telling you what to say and how to be a fan and then turn around and do the same exact thing. Go and sleep it off. Maybe tomorrow you can actually extract a LITTLE joy from the fact that the team you supposedly are a fan of is hosting the NFC Championship. Really sad for you if you can’t

RADEoN, you realize that the offensive juggernaut that is the Broncos will have to play in the Meadowlands should they make the SB, right? The weather may be very similar to today. You’d have a better point if the game was in Florida or a dome.

115. SandpointHawk says:

Bottom line is we won, don’t let the blowhards and drunks get you down, we are alive for one more week…Go Hawks

116. seaturkeys says:

Brees is great and Wilson is good and will get better.

STTBM- Lol, if Brees was so much better than Wilson passing in the weather why didn’t Brees win the game even though he passed the ball 25 more times than Wilson.

Facts are that the Weather effected both QBs.

But keep up your selective analysis if you want.

118. hawkfan777 says:

Go Hawks!!!

119. SandpointHawk says:

With you on that 777

120. I don’t get how you could blame Harvin for getting concussed. That makes no sense to me. Are you saying he should’ve dodged the blind hit? Or that his neck should be tougher? That first hit was a super brutal helmet to helmet – and if there even is such a thing, that was no cheap concussion.

121. Danielle–Im rooting harder than anyone. I damned near lost my voice cheering and cussing the tv. On the live chat and here, i discuss problems and fixes, and I vent.

What your doing is trying to be everyones mommy. Seriously, you show up just to tell people how they can and cant root for their team. Read the blog rules— my comments are perfectly legal. If you disagree with my opinions then offer a rebuttal but dont you dare tell me how to root for my team.

Go back to controlling your husband or something.

Well said nate and DanielleMND!

SandpointHawk, typical that you can’t back up your talk.

I am proud of this team, (even though like all the other ones) they are not perfect.
    And I have full confidence in giving Wilson the ball with the game on the line moving forward.

Just two more games baby!!!

123. “I am logging off for the night. I would never have thought that I would hear so many people complaining about the Hawks winning tonight. Some people will live their live in misery because they can never enjoy good things in life. I feel really bad for them.

Go Hawks!!!”

Well said. Some people just insist on being miserable. They ultimately hurt themselves the most. Sad.

124. MoSeahawk12 says:

You guys are sad. Me and Lameon make all the best posts. You too easily ruin any chance for additional Seahawks fans. Apparently the team you think you represent have gone 16-0 every year since your all important birth. You guys should hang out at Walmart and share your great personalities with the world.

125. Bbmate– Im not putting up with people like Georgia calling me an idiot because they disagree with me. Did you miss his comment?!

Many live chat fools were having a cow any time anyone commented or vented about any od Seattles myriad mistakes, and its continued to this blog. Since its become a real problem–the namecalling, being told to leave, etc, i have decided to respond more harshly and to stand up for myself and folks like Radeon.

I vent during the season. Thats what I do. I dont expect everyone to agree with my opinions, but Im not putting up with being namecalled or told to leave. I disagree with many here, but I dont tell them to leave or attack them–until they attack me. Then its on.

126. SandpointHawk says:

Georgia I can back it up. If you go back through the blog you’ll see Sando first met me when I reporting on the Hawks for the LA Times. I played at UCLA with Ken Norton Jr. Just ask him cracker…Sando knew it, Eric knew it…try the LA Times archives if you want to educate yourself…

127. MoSeahawk12 says:

STTMB to LameOn. What do you do? I’m the manager of the tool department. What? I thought I was the manager of the tool department. Congrats…you are both tool managers.

128. Mo–go live in mylittleponyland and change your name to Strawberry Shortcake then. Seriously, get a life dude. Ill be celebrating with everyone else if we win it all, but im not going to take any more crap from whiny folks whose happiness is so fragile that anything critical of their team sends them into hysterics…

129. Mo, lay off the booze and startaking sense. You are being a Troll and a tool. And neither Radeon nor I called you names, youre attacking us simply because your little world is fragile. Get some help man…

130. STTBM, you came on here calling people out before Georgia said anything. I don’t know what was said on the live chat, but it could’ve been left there. He probably shouldn’t have called you an idiot, but your posts have certainly been idiotic IMO. You have become almost unreadable. But that’s my opinion and your choice. You can root and think however you want to and people can respond however they want to as long as the TNT allows it.

131. EzraMelech says:

Wow, After reading the post game thread I would almost think we lost. I have to say I have to agree with a few people saying that there are too many negative focused people. We won! No every game is going to be a blowout or offensive explosion. I wonder how many of you know football as well as you THINK you do.

I’m going to make a couple of points.
    1. For those that a yelling about Wilson pump faking and not running. (Remember looking back over entire season, there are times the coaches turn him loose and other times they tell him to play safe) So some of this I lay substantially at coaches feet…
    2. I agree Wilson has been off some the last few weeks, but much of it is perception on us as we watch. Going back and counting there has been as many WR drops on good to great passes as there have been bad passes.
    3. Remember #1 we are run first team (again coaches decision, and play calling) Russell has some power to change plays at LOS, but within the game plan of coaches. #2 I will say we have probably one of the Worst OL in entire NFC. Our run game, as well as pass game, would be 5x what it is if we had decent OL. Only reason we run as well as we do is because of Lynch and Mike Rob.
    4. The few times I’ve seen Bevell or Carroll turn Russell Loose he has been outstanding. I’m not totally eliminating Russell, but let’s remember he’s only in his 2nd year, and coaching makes a HUGE difference in players performance. So we have to remember to quit looking at things in a vacuum. Russell has struggled some I’ll agree, but look at entire season when judging him overall.

We as fans tend to be what have you done for me lately when looking at things. I think that’s completely unfair. I think Russell Wilson can be a GREAT Quarterback I love his work ethic and his smarts and his tools. I think he and we need better OC and Quarterback Coach.

My2CentsWorth

132. WE won didnt we ? I was reading the post and now I dont know. And oh ya Percy Harvin is very good also. The future is very bright

STTBM- DanielleMND plays by the rules and has far more football intelligent views in her few posts than you and RADEoN have combined in your non stop criticism that is only warranted for losing teams.

So why do you and RADEoN choose to always attack and degrade her?

Perhaps you two are used to treating your wives that way?

134. MoSeahawk12 says:

Always good to peak in junior high.

135. Georgia–of course the weather was a factor, but RW has not played well for 5 straight games. Hes not been accurate, hes forgetting its third down, hes holding the ball too long… Theres something wring and Im worried. And 5 bad games werent all due to weather. RW is not playing well, period, doesnt matter vs who or what the weather is.

Our defense won that game. The offense failed to drive more than 34 yards.

SandpointHawk- Just ask him cracker? what the hell does that mean?

It better not mean what I think it does!

137. MoSeahawk12 says:

No rainbows, just recognizing this team has got to NFC championship game for only the second time in history. I feel so sorry for your family.

138. sluggo42 says:

Funny posts u guys.
    One of you correctly identified easy to read calls coming from Bevell as a problem, but you incorrectly cited that as the reason RW is sucking. He is just sucking, and combined with crappy play calling really makes an offense stink.

3 messed up slant throws killed 3 drives. Had he hit those, the plays calling wouldn’t have been as bad obviously.
    Georgia, your love of RW is blinding you again to the reality that your idol isn’t quite as good as you think.

If we had luck as our QB, I’m pretty sure we would be undefeated… And it’s fine, he is a 3rd round guy, playing as such. But if he can get over his weird jitters of late, we know he can pass a lot better than he has shown for the last 5 games

139. Georgia–no, she rarely contributes anything except to tell those whose opinions she disagrees with to leave or root for another team. This isnt the first time either.

And i have neither attacked her nor degraded her you idiot! Im simply not going to put up with her telling people to root for another team because she disagrees with them. Thats a pathetic thing to do, and she deserves ridicule and scorn.

140. He’s calling you a cracker. I guess you’re a racist for saying someone has brown lips, as in they’re a butt kisser, but it’s okay for him to call you a cracker?

141. CHawkFanIn9erLand says:

Lol! Reading this blog you would think we lost, with all the bickering. I was really concerned seeing the missed throws on third down, particularly the throws that we’re clearly behind the receiver. I’m sure the wind had something to say about the game today.

I was disappointed that Marshall didn’t go down after the first down in the fourth quarter, it looked like the saints were either going to strip the ball or allow the score. Fortunately we still came away with the win.

Harvin sure makes a difference. People talk about kap’s play improving after Crabtree returned, what about rw while he’s missing rice and harvin? That certainly has an impact on our production.

142. CDHawkFan says:

I thought it was a ‘brown noser’ which if correct wouldn’t be mistaken for brown lips for butt kissing. Never heard of that one.

143. Mo, weve been over this before. You know nothing about me except that I vent about the Hawks on this blog, which is my choice and whether you like it or not, its legal and you have no right to insult and attack me for it; nor do you have the right to cast aspersions on my character or imply I treat my family poorly simply because of how I vent my passion for the Seahawks.

I feel sorry for your family, as they have a loved one whose emotional stability is so fragile he attacks those he disagrees with by passive-aggressively insulting them. You are a sad sack.

STTBM- No one here deserves the crap that people like you and Sandpointless is spewing.
    Take your garbage somewhere else please!!!!

145. How did RW have a terrible game versus the Rams?

“Our defense won that game. The offense failed to drive more than 34 yards.”

I guess you missed both the Harvin leaping catch AND the 62 yard drive in the 4th quarter? It seems like some people just yak to hear themselves talk.

146. CHawkFanIn9erLand says:

Folks let’s try this for a minute … Let’s not add any more negative comments directed toward a person here. Let’s step down the personal attacks please

nate, yep!

Now we all really know who the racist is here.

I kind of figured it out before but To have Duke, RADEoN and some others pile on is what made me go ballistic before.

148. CHawkFanIn9erLand says:

I became concerned for rw early on in the first drive when he immediately gave up on the pass play and tucked and ran up the middle. Didn’t look intentional to me

149. Have a good night everyone. I suggest that some log off and go msleep it off.

150. Wow, lot of testy comments here.

Yes they won, which is great of course, but I cannot see them beating the 49ers if they don’t fix the offensive woes.

151. Bbmate–man, read through the comments again. Read your first comment to me again. Where do you get off saying that stuff on here, let alone to me. Ive tajen a lot of personal attacks on here lately, and dished out far less in return.

You are obviously in a head up ass state yourself at the moment. Georgia called Radeon and myself idiots on this thread because he disagrees with our opinions on RW the sainted. So I responded. Yet you attack me.

Yes, i called out the fools who were having hysterics on the live chat, but the response from others uninvolved was ridiculous, yours included.

bbmate – Good advise.

Maybe the coward Racist will explain himself tomorrow. I will give him some time to do that, however if he doesn’t I will be E-mailing Todd often until this kind of racist behavior is put to a stop!

153. Guys, calling someone a cracker isnt acceptable.

Georgia–im pretty sure last time they were just messing with you, Duke included. No one thinks youre a racist. But you are a drunken jerk all too often. Relax, and I agree its not okay to be called cracker, or namecalled period.

154. Seriously Georgia, Im taking far more unfair crap than Im dishing out. All too often I dont retaliate, but today Im not in the mood to put up with it.

I cant believe you think Danielle’s comment was a) acceptable or b) insightful.

You seem to be choosing sides in a war rather than judging individual conversations.

155. Geogia–I certainly dont deserve a lot of the crap directed at me. And im sick of it, which is why Im retaliating in kind.

156. sluggo42 says:

Is cracker the c word?

157. Yeah, I read my first comment. Completely legitimate. How do I get off saying it? That’s my right, right? Or are you being a hypocrite as per usual? I simply disagreed with your nonsense, said you have been a hypocrite constantly on here lately, and said you must have your head up your rectum if you’re not drunk. I said that because of your use of your typical attack on Georgia. You’re the one that brought the personal attacks to this thread. Not Georgia or anyone else. YOU.

You seem like a very sad and joyless person. I hope it’s not the case and feel sorry for you if it is. Your posts have become 95% unreadable drivel that add nothing positive. So I will stop reading them. It’s fine to criticize your team. But you may consider that you have some issues if all you have to say is negative crap right after your team wins a playoff game. The passing offense was bad. But that justifies the crap you have posted. Be balanced and realistic. Your hyperbole doesn’t help your case.

158. CDHawkFan says:

This Hawks win started the wrecking balls at Candlestick, football is officially finished there.

159. MoSeahawk12 says:

STTMB, glad to see you and the guy, LAMEON that rooted for a major lag injury to our starting QB, Wilson. You too deserve each other, from your favorite Nazi you hack.

160. Bbmate–you seem to show up only to attack me lately, and Georgia is almost as bad. At least he can blame his drinking.

Im more pissed off at the people trying to tell others how to be a fan than I am about Seattles offensive collapse over the last five games.

I called out those who were being dicks on the live chat, and the same kind of idiots went postal. So i responded in kind. Ive held my tongue despite a lot of bs attacks, but lately ive been fed up and have responded in kind. That doesnt make me a hypocrite, but whatever.

161. Crazy game! On to the next one…

162. Mo, good grief you sad unstable old man! I have no idea what youre talking about but please, fir your families sake go see a therapist!

163. MoSeahawk12 says:

bbmate, to say least. Wanker bashes Luck hourly, Slave bashes intelligence by the minute. I’m starting a fund to send to his poor family. They live with this.

164. MoSeahawk12 says:

Slave to the bitching man!!! Go with what you know.

165. ChrisHolmes says:

“You seem like a very sad and joyless person. I hope it’s not the case and feel sorry for you if it is. Your posts have become 95% unreadable drivel that add nothing positive. So I will stop reading them. It’s fine to criticize your team. But you may consider that you have some issues if all you have to say is negative crap right after your team wins a playoff game.”

I 2nd that sentiment.

This is the NFL, for anyone who might not be paying attention (sarcasm off).

When it comes down to the playoffs, this is how games go, and this is how you win. Rarely does a team come along and dominate the entire post season (like the ’94 49ers did). The Patriots are in a 21-15 game as I started typing this. It’s 29-15 now. Seems pretty similar to our score. This is the NFL.

Calling a “spade a spade” is fine. It’s honest and accurate. And I, personally, will never fault anyone for that assessment.

Wilson wasn’t “on” this game and missed some wide open guys (particularly on slants). However, he also made some really fine throws into tight windows. Brees played poorly as well, and the wind and rain had to be a factor for both QB’s. Yet no one wants to talk about that. They just want to place blame and talk negatively about Wilson.

If you are going to spend your precious words on criticism, at least do a thorough job. Analyze the entire context. The weather was bad, sometimes receivers didn’t get open, sometime the Saints called the right defense. It’s not all Wilson’s fault. And football IS a team sport. Dan Marino doesn’t have a ring because you can’t do this by yourself.

Anyway… here’s what I really want to talk about: Some of you guys on this board, supporting this team, are very negative with your comments. Being negative is fine, in context, accurately, and to a certain degree.

I do not know if you guys are truly negative, miserable, insufferable people in real life, but on this board, that is how you come across.

We are riding one of the best seasons in Seahawks history. The “fun” part of being a fan is being able to watch these games, this team, make these amazing plays and win this game. And then enjoy it afterwords!

And yet, after a WIN, some of you guys are here moaning and bitchin instead of celebrating. You’re whining during chat as well. STTBM and RADEoN, you two guys are the biggest culprits here. And honestly, it just gets old.

I can understand not wanting to view things through the spectrum of rose colored glasses, but your constant negativity is downright depressing, especially as fans of a team that just went 13-3, locked up home field advantage, and just won a playoff game against a Saints team that had plenty of weapons, a new DC, and has won a ring already.

Everyone is free, of course, to celebrate in their own way, and if being negative and bitchy is how you celebrate, well, go right ahead.

But just as you find it annoying that some folks here prefer to take a more positive spin with their comments, don’t be surprised at the folks who bristle at your negativity.

This team deserves our positive energy. Interestingly enough, the head coach preaches that. So I find it a bit ironic that our message board can be so easily dominated by negative Nancy’s.

Take a page out of Pete’s book and try to be a bit more upbeat. You might be surprised at the reaction that you’d receive.

166. Well said, Chris.

167. DanielleMND says:

“What your doing is trying to be everyones mommy. Seriously, you show up just to tell people how they can and cant root for their team.”

Well, mommy thinks baby needs his pacifier now.

Seriously, some of us want to celebrate a big win and the fact that for only the third time in team history, we’re playing in a conference championship game next week.

We can’t even savor the victory for a few minutes on here without some posters turning it into a negative fest. If we win the Super Bowl, I’m sure you’ll still find something to complain about.

168. Chris–I find it utterly obnoxious that so many chatters and bloggers think putting bs happy comments in when the team is struggling is the gold standard–and they also think the positive “vibes” somehow help the team. Thats for wetbrains.

All the asinine comments praising this offense and RW despite 5 poor games piss me off as much as my comments bother you. But I dont attack, make fun of, or insult those people until theyve been after me for awhile.

The reason I harp on the same problems is that they havent gone away. They are still likely to ruin this season by costing us the SB.

After 30 years of living and mostly dying as a fan of this team, Im hanging in for this one SB shot. Unless and untill they win, this season means nothing. Ive never felt this way before, and its not in my nature to feel this way. But its not going to change.

If they win, I can relax. If they lose, it may be the last straw and I may just give up watching football. So for me a lot is on the line, and Im too passionate to just relax and enjoy the ride.

169. ChrisHolmes says:

“it’s always hard to know in the pass game if our receivers are open and RW is missing them or not. he had some bad throws – but he also threw the ball on the money to Baldwin in the most important sequence of the game.”

This is why I like watching the All-22 film from NFL.com. It is a real eye-opener.

I thought Wilson threw some really spot-on passes today (that first one that he dropped into Harvin’s chest was just picture-perfect). And the wind looked to be rolling around something fierce. You could see the rain coming down sideways, so it can’t have been easy to pass the ball. Brees was off as well, and I bet anything the weather had more to do with it than his accuracy, because he’s an accurate guy.

But, Wilson missed some slants today that were wide open. How much of that is the weather? Hard to say. I’ll have to look at the tape this week.

The other thing is, as mentioned: how often were guys just not open at all? Wilson is coached not to take unnecessary risks with the ball – to not force it into tight coverage, to not force it into a place where his receiver has low odds to make a play. He’s coached that way on purpose, because PC believes (rightly so) in the strength of this defense, our ability to create turnovers, and to capitalize on them. So if, on one of those plays when Wilson tucked and ran, he throws into coverage instead and gets an INT, that’s a serious negative in PC’s game equation. So I get it. Sometimes, I think Wilson is just being safe with the ball. An escape, or a sack, is better than a turnover.

I thought today was a pretty good referendum of PC’s team design: we ran with Lynch and played defense. We got turnovers and played solid special teams. We put points on the board. They weren’t all touchdowns, but we got the lead and we played safe, smart football.

This kind of team is built for the post-season in bad weather. Running and defense, with a QB who takes care of the football.

And then, when he was asked to come up big, in another clutch moment, he did. And that is pretty amazing.

170. Danielle–and some of us wish to vent pent up emotion and frustration by venting. The blog is for both, not just for you.

If you cant stand it when someone voices an opinion you dont like, you dont have the right to insult them or tell them to be a fan of another team. Its really none of your business, and by doing so you are guilty of breaking blog rules–not to mention being thoroughly obnoxious.

This isnt the first time youve done this. This is a blog–in America. If you cant handle dissent then you dont belong on a blog or in America.

While entitled to your opinion, you are not entitled to tell others how to be a fan, or to run people off just because Your Royal Highness wants to celebrate and cant stand anything “negative”.

171. And im sure if we win, Danielle will show up to ensure every commenter follows her rules for comments. Since shes the boss and knows all.

172. MoSeahawk12 says:

Yanker is a fool because he/she doesn’t realize they are the butt of most jokes. STTBM is a fool because he things he is smarter, better than the rest of us. Being a long term Seahawks fan doesn’t give you right to be an asshole. Using a blog handle named after a lame kicker that took minimal dollars to play for the Rams doesn’t make you cool.

173. DanielleMND says:

“Danielle–and some of us wish to vent pent up emotion and frustration by venting.”

We’re in the NFC championship game next week. How frustrating. 14 other teams would gladly trade places with us. The only fans who should need to vent frustration after this game are Saints fans.

“This is a blog–in America. If you cant handle dissent then you dont belong on a blog or in America.”

We’re on a blog owned by the News Tribune. They set the rules. If a News Tribune staffer tells me I’m out of line or deletes my comments, I’m not going to pout “but…but…America.”

174. Hawkenstein says:

Part of me wonders if Wilson may have some injury that is affecting his accuracy.Last year and the first part of the season he was just a different QB. And what happened to the deep balls.he used to throw those like they were nothing.

175. MoSeahawk12 says:

Danielle, this clown is not worth your or anybody’s time. Dude bitches about the quality of the air he freely breaths and pollutes. Frankly, I’m glad your here and welcome another logical person that can see the big picture and not just spew nonsense.

176. Russell Wilson has become a liability to this teams success. No way to refute that.

177. Mo, just stop the raging.

I took my name because I was pissed at Browns comments and behavior. Its in anti-honor that I use his idiotic comment as a handle–so his words will mock him eternally.

Danielle is the one bitching that Her Highness wants to celebrate–I guess by lurking and by trying to punish anyone who dares post something she disagrees with, since she has yet to post anything else.

Danielle, according to the blog rules of etiquette, its rude to tell people how they can and cant be a fan. Yet you repeatedly do that. If TNT allows it, its a mark on them for not policing their own rules. Id guess they let it slide as minor, like a lot of the petty namecalling that goes on; Doesnt make it right.

Every time you tell someone how to be a fan, or to go be fan of another team simply because you disagree with them, Im going to call you put and flag your comment.

If you want to celebrate the big win, then do so; stop telling others how to root their team on.

178. Mo, I challenge you to show where I have ever claimed to think I am smarter than others, let alone smarter than everyone; its just not true.

You started this by judging my character and attacking me personally. Then you couldnt handle the return in kind. Why not drop the attack and move on, since we both love the Seahawks?

179. 1. Who gets the game ball? Who was the goat?
    Beast gets the game ball. Goat is Golden Tate for not covering the onside kick and giving them a chance to tie the game.

2. What impressed you the most from the Seahawks’ gameplan?
    Dan Quinn’s scheme effectively erasing Jimmy Graham.

3. Percy Harvin showed glimpses again, hopes for next week?
    I hope he plays, because our offense needs him like a crackhead needs crack cocaine. Like, really, really bad.

4. Which part of this team concerns you the most moving forward?
    Offense’s inability to covert third downs and get 7’s instead of 3’s in the red zone.
    I could care less if RW throws for 40 yds and we win the Super Bowl, who gives a rat’s ass? It’s all about the dubs, people.

5. Panthers or Niners? Which rematch do you want to see most and why?
    It would feel so good to beat down the Niners to get to the big dance, but I want the Panthers because I think the CLink is a shock to first time experience.

BTW, Andrew Luck looks like a recovering alcoholic on his post game news conference. And part of the reason he has to bring his team back so often is that he throws too many INT’s and digs his team a big hole, something RW just doesn’t do. Just sayin’.

180. DanielleMND says:

“Russell Wilson has become a liability to this teams success. No way to refute that.”

When he starts throwing pick-sixes, you might have a point. He’s not hurting the team with his play.

181. Lacking true expertise on football that other posters have, I would still like to make a few observations.
    First, it appeared that NO’s game plan was primarily to remove PH’s head. The last hit may not have been helmet to helmet but it was shoulder to helmet on a downed receiver who did not have the ball. That should merit a nice fine.
    RW is looking a bit a bit stressed, however he is a multiple team and NFL record holder. Although they deny it, one or two posters did imply that RW is not a good QB anymore, which seems foolish.
    Some posters have clones who second everything they say, reasonable or not. S and S in particular.
    Of course, everyone has the right to express their opinion here, but some confuse opinion with fact. Additionally, stating an opinion is opening the door to contrary opinions. People claiming they are being told to shut it are basically saying the same thing to those with whom they disagree. The unlamented ACIB did not need to be replaced but there are people obsessing in very similar ways lately.
    Remember that it is not always what you say, it is also how you say it. The tone of superiority that some adopt is offensive to others, believe it or not.
    Whether true or not, accusing others of being “homers” who see no fault , does not justify being hyper-critical and magnifying faults beyond reasonableness, especially when there do not seem to be that many rose-colored-glasses wearers here. In short, (well, not really), relax and enjoy the win.

182. Great game to be at!!! I was very worried in the 2nd half. But we pulled it out.

My observations of the game – the DB’s need to have better field awareness – we knocked 2 more ints away from each other today and almost hurt each other again. It ended up giving NO the ONLY big play of the game and then allowing them to have another play for a TD later.

We dropped a TON of balls today both Off and Def.

NO owned our lines today both sides.

I thought RW was off again today but not as bad as some people on here think. It clearly was not a perfect month for him. I still rack it up to him being a 2nd year player – I know guys have been successful right away in the NFL – but I still am of the thought that RW is still learning and will be for another year or 2.

Tackling was not great today –

I am super stoked for the win today – SF coming here scares the crap out me!!!! They know how to beat us – and will NOT be intimidated about coming here.

and If you don’t to be called names – don’t call people names!! Easy as that – “it’s okay because they did it first . . .” pretty sure most people here are adults

183. MoSeahawk12 says:

Not raging, just tired of your BS. week end and out, you are to the blog what yanker is to the Colts blog.
    This team just won a game that puts them in the NFC championship game where the winner goes to the damn Superbowl. You always bitch and moan about the worst o-line in the NFL, yet they have just won their fourteenth game and are one gmle away from getting to the big dance. I used to feel sorry for you sorry self as I could tell you had lost your joy of being a fan and I had admitted I also lost that years back. I offered several thoughts and ideas that could possibly assist you during that time, but you decided to continue to be the biggest prick on this blog and go after anyone else that might possibly enjoy the team more than you. You continue to be dead weight and bring anyone within earshot down with your, these guys are soooo bad nonsense. You are a complete tool and not worth the time it has taken to type this response. I hope this team wins it all, so that you can say, well sure they won, bit only by six points. Find a new, clean rope to swing by for the love of all.

184. Danielle–I respectfully disagree that RW’s play isnt hurting the team. His poor throws on wide open slant routes cost us at least two drives (though his excellent pass on a slant to Tate was a drop).

There are other examples where his mistakes cost us.

But if you mean in a broader sense, since were better off with him than without him, then yes I would agree. Hes shown he is a fine player. Hes just struggling lately, and hopefully will get his groove back. If it can be done, he will do it. He will work till he does.

185. Lol! What a great thread! You mothertruckas are crazy!!!!!

186. RW has become a liability? Are you F-ing kidding me?
    When he wins super bowl MVP, nbk35zw, you better not show your face around here.

He’s one of the main reasons we have as many wins as we do and playing at home. And you could argue that we would not have won today if we were playing in NO in their dome.

Hey, why don’t you get your head out of your deep cavernous booty hole and look at the O-line first? I would consider our O Line the only liability on this team, and I believe many on here would agree.

Now, I admit he is not playing well, and certainly did not have a good game today. But we still won, and he was a part of that. I don’t think we won in spite of him. That would be more like Carson Palmer a couple weeks back when he threw 4 picks and AZ still won. Would you rather have Tarvaris back, dude? Get real.

187. Mo, if Im a prick–to use your term–Im second to you. So youre pissed I havent converted to Mo-ism?! Tough.

That game wore me out. I was thrilled when Lynch scored, but I damned near had a heartattack with the end. I cheered and rooted as hard as anyone, and I was pretty happy….

Except that Im someone who is in the moment; every key play is my whole world at that time. And I was so excited for this game–and it meant so much to me–that I had to vent on key plays, both positive and negative. Check the live chat, youll see.

But too many asshats had to personally attack anyone who dared voice any frustration in the chat—even momentaty frustration–for me to let it slide. So I posted my response to that on this thread, whereupon all kinds of people—many who werent on the chat and so had no clue–decided to attack me. And thats what made me angry and negative.

Ive wasted enough time trying to talk sense to self appointed hypocritical blog police and other fools instead of celebrating the big win.

Stop insulting me and trying to judge my character and personality, and I will bet you the tone of my posts will become far more positive. Hard to bounce back when your having your character assassinated.

188. MoSeahawk12 says:

I just teared up a bit. Losers always tell you why they are. You and I would never be in the same realm. You are a terrified wannabe, that never was. I still am and don’t sweat stools like you.
    The Browns need a new mascot, I already sent them your limited resume. You start next week. Congrats.

189. Mo–for a guy who thinks hes Mr Positive, theres an awful lot of negativity, insults, hate, and blog rules breaking coming from you tonight.

Ive tried to be reasonable and move on but you are determined to act mentally ill. Keep up the behavior and TNT will ban you.

190. juliusvrooder says:

Far out. Interesting. “Community ” we have here…
    go hawks.

191. I hope people realize that seasons/teams such as this only come along every 10-20 years in this city. Enjoy it.

192. I know this blog has moved on to other topics but WOW, This was entertaining.. BBmate & Danielle, Always my favorite posters..
    If some people read all the posts everyday and then decide to call somebody out on their fanatical derogatory statements does that make them a troll? If so, Call me one. I can take it.. Hello my name is Mocarob. I am a troll.

A lot of us see deficiencies in the offense & game plan but What is your intent in starting fights when talking about them?

BTW, I prefer Honky not Cracker.
    We’re in the NFC Championship game..!! WooHoo

193. MoSeahawk12 says:

sttbm, diagnosing mental illness since 2009 while working as a Walmart greeter. You’re bullying ways will no longer be tolerated. This blog deserves better. You are a massive drain on the bulk of the readers here. TNT could easily ban you and this site would benefit ten fold. You keep preaching your negative nonsense and insult others by questioning their fandom and liking some to Nazi status. You are a continued waste of time.
    Please find another team to curse with your hyper critical spewing of garbage. I’m sure you perform at all time peak levels while at your job that nobody cares about.

194. SEA won. We won. SEA has won alotta games this season. It’s a very special season for us fans. I imagine for our team it has been special too – and tiring, and exciting, and something that noone can take away from them, even if they should stumble on their way to the greatest win in the life of our franchise. Anyway, we as fans take away very different views of how the game went, as we compare our memories against our expectations. I kinda think it might be helpful to look at the game in a different manner, to gain maybe a little different perspective. It’s true that teams win in the 4th quarter, but dominating the other quarters is good too.

Three teams have beaten SEA (so far) this season: AZ, IND, & SF.

Unfortunately for AZ, they didn’t make it into post season. If you’ld like to see a graph of the win probability of the week 16 game over the time span of that game go here: http://live.advancednflstats.com/weekly.php?gameid2=56072&week=16. You can see that the win probability line didn’t hug the “AZ Win” line, but went back and forth across the midline between SEA winning that game and AZ winning. The closer the win probability line hugs a team’s win line, the stronger that portion of their game was. The longer the win probability line hugs that team’s win line, the stronger their overall game. When for nearly all of the game the “win probability line” hugs the “win line” of the winning team, the game is a blowout. Instead, if the win probability line lies near, or bounces back and forth across the 50/50 midline, and then jogs up at the end to the win line of the winning team, it is a hard fought game with a winning outcome caused mostly by time running out for the losing team. That was the win that AZ got over SEA. The minute and a half left wasn’t enough for SEA’s offense to stage a come back.

When for most of the game the win probability line hugs the win line of the losing team then the game is exciting, but is not a weak game by the losing team nor a strong win by the opponent. That was IND’s win over SEA in week 5: http://live.advancednflstats.com/weekly.php?gameid2=55904&week=5, and it was SEA’s wins over TB in week 9: http://live.advancednflstats.com/weekly.php?gameid2=55965&week=9 and HOU http://wp.advancednflstats.com/nflarchive.php?year=2013&team=SEA&gameid=55889. It makes for an exciting game, but it doesn’t show that the winning team would likely repeat the outcome if required.

The week 14 win by SF over SEA was the same kind of graph as the week 16 win by AZ over SEA: http://live.advancednflstats.com/weekly.php?gameid2=56042&week=14. It was a back and forth contest until the end of the game when SEA ran out of time. That SF game came down to the last second. Again, that game went back and forth across the midline until the last second of the game.

Now, look at the week 19 graph of the game just played between SEA and NO: http://live.advancednflstats.com/index.php?gameid1=2014011100. That graph shows a dominating win by SEA over NO. For comparison go to the graph of the postseason win by SEA over NO in 2010: http://wp.advancednflstats.com/nflarchive.php?year=2010&team=SEA&gameid=55151. This last game was a much more dominating win than that one. You can also look at the regular season losses of SEA’s ’05 team to JAX http://wp.advancednflstats.com/nflarchive.php?year=2005&team=SEA&gameid=28529 to WAS http://wp.advancednflstats.com/nflarchive.php?year=2005&team=SEA&gameid=28579 and to GB http://wp.advancednflstats.com/nflarchive.php?year=2005&team=SEA&gameid=28778. SEA did not perform as well in those games in terms of win probability as they did in their 3 losses this season. Of course, there was a fourth loss that season http://wp.advancednflstats.com/nflarchive.php?year=2005&team=SEA&gameid=28857, and SEA didn’t do well in that one either in terms of win probability.

This season is different than anything us SEA fans have ever seen before. We are watching the best team this franchise has ever fielded, regardless of how much they might yet improve(!?)

195. SandpointHawk says:

From Wiki: “Cracker, sometimes white cracker or cracka, is a derogatory term for white people,[1] especially poor rural whites in the Southern United States. In reference to a native of Florida or Georgia, however, it is sometimes used in a neutral or positive context and is sometimes used self-descriptively with pride”

196. Mo, if those are your best retorts, you have some work to do.

I don’t see how anyone is able to refute that the quarterback is struggling. I’m not saying cut him or bench him, but if he keeps missing easy throws, something is eventually going to have to happen.

197. Macabrevity says:

On the plus side, our O-line seemed to play well above (their) normal… minimal penalties, quite a few nasty bone crushing run blocks, and plenty of time for RW (by Hawk standards for sure).

I have to agree with those criticizing RW’s performance of late, but a lot of that comes from the delusion that he’s the next Brees/Rodgers/etc. which he isn’t. He’s a game manager, who’s had some big games against demoralized opponents. I’ve always liked game manager types when they have defenses like we do. Loved Trent Dilfer, and look what happened to Baltimore when they tried to replace him with stat-master Elvis Grbac? Not good… you need a game manager for this team and RW is a perfect fit. The upside is we can survive his extremely conservative and less than inspiring play and still get a W.

Having said that, it probably doesn’t make sense why I want Bevell out so bad… I just do. I think we can have a ball control offense without having a team that might as well start punting on 1st down to catch teams off guard.

“Well, If my use of cracker offended any one I’m sorry. It is used as a term of endearment in the deep south and I failed to think of the full ramifications of my usage of the term. Sorry if I offended anyone…”

Bull crap!
    You used that word only to try and get at me. It had nothing to do with trying to use it as a term of endearment. You were already angry with me on this thread when you posted it.
    At least you could be honest about it.
    Who are you trying to fool? Everyone here knows what your intent was.

I think your failed attempt to race bait me awhile back,(which made you look like the second coming of Jesse Jackson) only has made your anger stronger)

Funny thing is that I’m not even from the deep South so your sneaky attempt to offend didn’t work in that regard.

I detest race baiting no matter what race they are, and I hope you realize I won’t tolerate that from you anymore.

Now back to our regular programing.

Go Hawks!!!

200. I have no problem with honest self-critiquing. But it is important to have some perspective, also. When Tom Brady was in his second year, would it have been possible to predict his 2007 season and what he has become now? He was kind of a clutch “game manager” type also.
    If that’s what Russell Wilson is and ever will be, I have no problem with that as long as we keep on winning games and Lombardi’s.

But, he has shown multiple times on big stages that he can be quite a bit more than that. CHI and ATL games last year come to mind when he put the team on his back. When a QB carries your team, by definition he is not just a “game manager”. Against CAR and NO this year, we didn’t run the ball well and RW was a huge part of winning.

He may not be Brees or Rodgers at this point, but he only has 2 years under his belt so far. I don’t know what’s ailing him or why he’s struggling right now, but I have no doubt he will step up when we need him to, because that is what he has shown so far in his career. Remember that he brought the team all the way back against ATL w/ Lynch having a subpar game, and the D blew it at the end. I still have high hopes for him and am not as worried as some people here.

201. SandpointHawk says:

I believe if you read the sting sir, you we see you were doing the baiting, I was actually being quite positive. You claimed I had never thrown a football in 50 mile an hour winds and I played QB at HB High School in raging Santa Ana winds.

My prior post…Well I guess it’s time to eat our own (bloggers), wonder what a loss would have brought out? Really people it’s OK to critique a bad win and indeed we should have won bigger for too many reasons to list. It’s also OK to celebrate any win no matter how ugly it was. The NFC Superbowl team has to go through Seattle and that’s all I care about at this time…Enjoy the moment my friends…

Then..

Your comeback…

SandpointHawk, typical that you can’t back up your talk.

So take it anyway you want I wasn’t the one screaming and cussing at anyone who you didn’t agree with…

Have a great life sir…

Actually my question was directed at STTBM.

“STTBM- Have you ever thrown a football in 30-50 mph winds?

Didn’t think so.”

Did you take the time to see what context I was putting that question in?

Read Wilsons transcript and you will understand.

Now What does that have to do with your Race baiting and calling me a Cracker?
    I asked my girlfriend, ( who was born and raised in the deep South) what calling a white person a cracker means to them? She said it was the same thing as calling a Black person the N word.

It is nothing more than a Racist word that is used to try and degrade another race.
    You acting like you’re innocent about that is the same as some White person using the excuse that the N word is a term of endearment to some black folks therefore it is acceptable to use.

Of course you already knew that and you chose to Race bait anyways, which is unacceptable on this blog.

203. I thought I saw RWs right wrist wrapped up on the podium..

204. Russell Wilson was so “bad” in this game that he OUTPLAYED DREW BREES 3 out of 4 quarters. Terrible, just terrible. :-)

205. SandpointHawk says:

Nope never said I was innocent, because I pasted the wiki- that was tongue in cheek, you baiting me all the time has gotten old so I used the term because that’s what I felt about you and your drunken ignorant rants at everyone on the blog who didn’t see through your rose colored glasses. Whether you direct a comment toward Joe, Moe or Sam doesn’t stop anyone from commenting on it, that’s not the way a blog works. You called me out, I wasn’t in the mood for your crap but please accept my apology sir…

206. The words cracker and the n-word can both have positive connotations. Depends on who is using them and in what context.

I don’t think that Sandpoint actually was trying to be racially hateful, but I found it ironic after his prior run in with Georgia. Probably best that everyone just forgive and forget here.

nate- if you think using cracker and the n-word can both have positive connotations then why do you spell out cracker and not the n-word? See what I mean about baiting.

Like you said I found it ironic too and hateful.

SandpointHawk-

You want me to accept your apology and you can’t even print my username?

You then accuse me of baiting you all the time and that it has gotten old so you used the term because that’s what you felt about me?
    And then you accuse me of drunken ignorant rants at everyone on the blog who didn’t see through my rose colored glasses?

Now you want me to accept your apology for calling me a cracker?

You continue to insult me but you want me to accept your apology?

What the hell are you smoking out there? I just can’t accept an apology from someone who continues to try and insult me.

It’s hard to trust you now, however if you want to discuss your hate for me further please bring some facts, (instead of opinions) to back up your views.

209. SandpointHawk says:

Actually I don’t care if you accept my apology or not.