Morning Links: Thurmond ready to get back

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:44 am with 135 Comments »
December 28, 2013 1:45 am

Good morning.

One more day until the final game to sort everything out. I think everyone is excited for Sunday — players, writers, fans — to get here so we can all find out what’s happening next.

Today, I wrote about Walter Thurmond’s return. As we talked about yesterday, Byron Maxwell will retain his starting spot opposite Richard Sherman. Thurmond said after practice Friday that he wasn’t sure what his role would be going forward.

His return should certainly be a boost. They can mix him in at nickel and get him and Jeremy Lane on the field in the rare times they run dime.

Perrish Cox was waived to make room for Thurmond on the 53-man roster, which gives us another week of As Percy Turns likely for the next two weeks. Earlier in the week, Pete Carroll gave what most took as a substantial hint that Harvin was heading for injured reserve. He was asked Friday if a roster move with Harvin was coming, and he said, “no.”

Couple other random notes from the week:

> Expect J.R. Sweezy to be back as the starter at right guard. Pretty good reviews for Michael Bowie after he filled in last week. Bowie told the TNT he was a bit surprised to be the starter at guard, but it worked well enough. Despite that, Sweezy will be back out there.

> I’d be surprised if Jermaine Kearse plays a lot Sunday. That will be an issue on special teams, where he’s been very good on kickoff coverage, and in the passing game, where Kearse has repeatedly shown a unique bailout skill on back-shoulder catches.

> Just from some visuals and conversations, K.J. Wright appears, at least outwardly, to be healing rapidly.

> Six Seahawks were named to the Pro Bowl yesterday. Russell Okung has obviously been an excellent player in the past when healthy. He was named a Pro Bowl alternate this season. I have no idea how someone can miss more than half of the games voting is based on, like Okung missing eight and playing seven, and get a sniff of the Pro Bowl. In addition, the Seahawks are on pace to break the record for punt returns allowed in a 16-game season, yet none of the main coverage guys or the punter are in line to go to the Pro Bowl. To quote Antrell Rolle, who was mad he didn’t make the roster, “This Pro Bowl (bad word) is a joke.” To make things worse, there will be a three-hour long, yes, three hour, “player draft” to sort out the teams for the Pro Bowl. Then, the meaningless game to follow. It’s a farce. The NFL needs to figure out how to get the voting right (it’s split into thirds, at the moment, among fans, players and coaches), then just name the team and eschew the game. Here are the full Pro Bowl rosters.

Links (not a lot of other topics out there today):

> Danny O’Neil of 710 ESPN writes about the Seahawks suddenly being in a “high-stakes situation.”

> Double coverage of the game from ESPN.com.

> Here’s the Seahawks-Rams playbook from the NFL Network.

> The St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes that “scrappy” Kellen Clemens has helped keep the Rams’ season afloat.

> Legendary Atlanta tight end Tony Gonzalez discusses with Peter King preparing for his final game. In my younger days, I watched Gonzalez play in the NCAA Tournament with Cal at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, NY.

1. I’m not surprised that Perrish Cox was waived to get Thurmond back on the roster – that move makes the most sense to me.

I am very surprised that Sweezy will retain his starting RG job. Interesting to see if Bowie is active and gets to rotate in.

I am so done with Percy Harvin.

2. MikeFromNewJersey says:

Harvin will be back for the playoffs, I believe that’s been the plan all along.
    Sweezy is ok and has been much better the 2nd half of the year.
    We will see if Bowie is even active this week. The only reason he was active was because of Sweezy being out. Maybe Bailey will be inactive this week. Regardless I believe Bowie should get a shot at LG because he played well last week and both Carp and McQ are horrible.

Agree MikeFromNewJersey, I would like to see Bowie get a shot at LG.

I doubt Sweezy will be going to the bench anytime soon unless he’s injured. Maybe next year if they get some better guards they can upgrade him but I don’t see it this season.

Even though some of us want to see Bowie get a starting shot somewhere on the O-line this season I wouldn’t be surprised to see it staying the same way it is,(unless there’s an injury).

Hopefully that group can give us at least average play going forward and into the playoffs.

And hats off to Maxwell for seizing his opportunity by playing at a Pro Bowl level while Thurmond was suspended.
    I was hoping they wouldn’t just hand Thurmond his job back, especially the way Maxwell has been playing.

Also- I think Baldwin is going to make some big plays Sunday. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him have a big run on a kick off return.

5. Lets hope Baldwin and Tate both step it up Sunday as well as the line and the 12th man. I will be there to do my part if I can speak Monday I failed.

6. confucious says:

They need to reduce the number of read option plays for a short time in the game. That would allow Lynch to hit the holes on time and give this line a chance to establish rythym and continuity.

I understand that this carnival carousel approach to the offensive line rotation was spawned out of necessity, but the experiment has yielded its results. Time to pick the starters and stick with them.

The starters are: Okung Bowie Lem Sweezy Giac o meany

7. Hats off to Bowie for playing better than Sweezy ever has. Guess you can only lose a jof if you’re suspended (Thurmond), not hurt (Sweezy). I’d have no problem with this if Bowie was going to start play at LG because his performance last week against Dockett/Campbell was better than anything from ANY of our guards all season and if Sweezy is better than Carp/McQuistan (which we know is true) then Sweezy and Bowie BOTH need to man the guard position.

8. What I’d like to see on Sunday:

LT Okung
    LG Bowie
    C Unger
    RG Sweezy
    RT Breno

And a “W.”

I would like to see a little no-huddle or something. Anything to help Wilson and the Offense get into a rhythm. Especially in the first quarter where they have been,(for the most part) terribly predictable this season.

10. I agree Max unger stating to suck. I like lem also

11. I realize all positions are different, but Mebane has been so much more important to our team than Unger this year that it’s unreal.

I’d say our best 6 players this year have been, in no particular order: Wilson, Mebane, ETIII, Sherman (that’s actually a top 4 list)… but then the 5-6 spots can be duked out by: Kam and then who? No way its Unger in the top six. Wright really came on but he has been hurt for a few weeks, same almost for Wagner, I’ve been impressed with Irvin, but he’s missed 4 games… Avril? Bennett? It’s certainly not Clem (who isn’t the Clem that used to be good prior to the Redskins game last year). Tate? Okung has missed too many games (like half the season).

I sincerely hope it’s simply due to being nervous, but I have a very bad feeling about this game, tomorrow. I simply don’t see where this offense can improve enough in a week to play as well as necessary. The receivers are still going to have trouble “not getting covered up” as Carroll calls it. Musical chairs with the guards does nothing to improve their play. It feels like, to me, that this defense is going to have to play at are near impossibly high level from here on, for Seattle to have an extended run, into Feb. Here’s hoping that a beat down tomorrow alleviates those concerns.

Bobby – I agree about Mebane. He plays at such a high level at the 1 tech, game in and game out. And to fill out your 6th spot, I nominate Bruce Irvin. He has played so well at Sam in his first season there, it’s been stunning, to me.

Consideration: Jon Ryan or Jeremy Lane on ST. Lane has been a coverage fool this year. Consistently beating the double and making open field tackles look routine.

15. Southendzone says:

Me too Duke, feel pretty nervous, but if it means anything i felt good going into last weeks game and was wrong then.

It’s a shame and a sham that Mebane, Bennett and Avril don’t get the recognition they deserve.

I think Baldwin and Miller have had a solid year.

And How about Jeremy Lane? The unsung hero of special teams and a solid starter.

Ditto- Jon Ryan.

I agree with Duke that our D will have to come up big again.

Hopefully the special teams won’t goof up in this one. We just can’t afford to lose the Special teams battle.

And they need to keep their heads on a swivel for trick plays.

And they need to cut down on the silly penalties.

And maybe they will need help from Arizona?

One thing for sure I will be drinking early for this one.

19. slicktoxic says:

There are so many players that contribute to making this “machine” run, that it’s pretty tough to pick a top 5….I mean, I guess you’d have to go with Wilson, Sherman, Thomas, Lynch, and Kam….in no particular order…but yeah, Mebane, Red, Bennett, Avril, Irvin, Baldwin, Tate, Ryan, Haushka, Wagner, Lane, Maxwell, KJ……tough to believe they’d be 12-3, with fate in their own hands for HFA if they didn’t have each of these players making plays at various times throughout the season. And then of course guys like McDonald and McDaniels, Kearse, Clemons…..and the other person that I think is the most underrated on this squad along with Mebane is Miller. Dude spends most of his time blocking, and then becomes a very effective receiver when he’s asked to be.
    So many effective players on this roster.

20. thursday says:

It does seem like the games I feel good about going into are the ones we’ve lost, Colts, Niners @ SF and Cards last week. Felt reasonably good about all of them. I also felt good about the Bucs and we nearly lost that one too. So I’ll hold onto some anxiety for this one lol.

Wilson just needs to run when there aren’t any other options and quit holding the ball too long. But I have confidence he must know where to make adjustments.

21. TallyHawk says:

Everyone knows that the pro bowl is a joke but how Lane is not the special teamer along with Ryan is baffling. They have given up 25 yds in returns which is just crazy.

As far as tomorrow’s game goes I’m nervous as well. How can you not be? The offense had been bad the past 3 games and the Rams have played us as tough as anyone the past couple seasons. I’d like to see a couple read options early right at Quinn to try and slow him down. Also some short easy throws to get RW in a rhythm. The most important thing though is converting 3rd downs.

22. Tell us how you REALLY feel about the Pro-Bowl, Todd.

23. boycie99 says:

They just need to protect Wilson.
    The Rams have sacked him 13 times in the last 2 games, they know how to get to him. Whoever gets the call at either guard spot needs to play lights out.
    Im with Duke, I cant see where the improvement on Offense is coming from especially with a hobbled Kearse. Both the Cards and the Colts this year played our receivers 1 on 1 and stacked the box…. I see the same blueprint tomorrow
    Got a horrible feeling and hope im wrong

24. HawkyHann says:

I see this team absolutely blowing the rams out tomorrow. I truly believe we are going to see a very special game from DangeRuss. Kelllen Clemens is a dead man walking.

25. I don’t know if I would start Lemuel or even rotate him in, but I agree that Unger has not looked good since his pectoral injury.

People being nervous about the Rams game makes alot of sense to me – the Rams are always a huge pain the butt, even when we manage to beat them. Don’t know why this weekend would be any different.

26. yakimahawk says:

I was way more nervous about AZ than I am about the Rams. Yes they have played us tough the last 3 games but that is as much Wilson learning (last year), injuries and play calling. I see some draws, screens and major rock pounding with beast 20-25 times. The Rams are NOT built as a run-stopping team as much as they are a pass rush team. If Bevel calls plays into the Rams strengths it could be a long day. But i do not see that happening tomorrow. This is truly a championship game. Hawks 20 Rams 13.

HawkyHann – I hope you’re right and appreciate your optimism.

28. This game will be a good test. The Rams are good enough on defense that, for my money, we don’t have to blow them out to pass the test, we just need to win.

What has really changed, for me, in the last week is the return of that “sinking feeling” during the game, when you start to feel that they’re just not going to do anything right. That was the “old” Seahawk feeling. I hadn’t had that feeling for two years. I’m going into tomorrow with the “new” Seahawk feeling–that RW has everything under control–and hope to maintain it through the final whistle.

We need to get the ball to Miller.

Go Hawks!!

29. Carlsonkid says:

Our defense will play fine tomorrow ; what needs to improve is the run game . That’s the engine that makes everything else go . It eats up clock , keeps the opposing team’s offense from scoring and keeps the defense from getting winded . It also beats the crap out of the other team physically , and that’s what’s missing lately …

Re-establish this teams original identity of a hardnosed run-first mentality and everything else will fall in place behind it . Marshawn needs a 100 yd game tomorrow & not only will we win the game , we’ll have our mojo back for the playoff’s .

By the by ; don’t give up on Percy Harvin just yet folks , that’d be a hell of a weapon to add in the playoffs , & Carroll said no move to IR is being considered yet . Think about it ; would you rather go into the playoffs with Lockette or Harvin on the roster ?

30. ChrisHolmes says:

Todd’s right. Pro Bowl is a joke. I wish they’d just get the voting right (fan voting shouldn’t be such a huge portion) and then forget the game.

Can’t wait to watch tomorrow. Especially after having the flu all week.

31. Southendzone says:

testing, anyone having trouble posting today?

32. Southendzone says:

Ok figured it out, I can’t seem to post a link to an article, but regular posts are OK.

Is there some unknown forum rule I’m unaware of?

htt p:// http://www.hawk blogger. com/2013/12/percy-harvin-contract-explained.html

33. Southendzone says:

I put spaces in the link and it worked, anyways it’s just an interesting take on the possible reason for Percy Harvin not being IR’ed yet, could be related to future guaranteed money.

The Rams have won 4 of their last 6, including the Colts, Bears, and Saints (losing at SF and at Ariz). This team is no pushover. If Seattle is as good as we all want to believe they are, this is a near must win (and for those that know me, I *hate* so called “must wins”, but this game is that important to their Super Bowl chances).

35. HawkyHann says:

Dukeshire- agree, absolutely a must win. If we loose I won’t be optimistic. I think this game has more at stake than any other regular season in this francise’s history.

I want them to come out whoofing and playing with confident swag, not cocky, but start running their mouths and play with a bounce. Exactly like they did vs. New Orleans and San Francisco at home. If they dictate early and set the tone early, we absolutely can blow them out.

Agree with comments on Unger. He needs to get back to his old self.

36. Hammajamma says:

Very curios to see how RW rebounds from a bad game, especially given his comments in the media this week. Expecting to see great effort and execution tomorrow. Will it be enough to overcome mismatches at the LOS?

37. I see the Seahawks covering tomorrow but then I see them losing in the playoffs at some point. They just don’t have enough offense to pull away from teams and I don’t trust the defense or Wilson on final drives of close games.

Hard to argue with your reasons why, pabuwal. And that’s a deflating feeling in late December.

39. That’s why being an NFL fan sucks. We can spend a large amount of the season feeling good about things only to see the other shoe drop when we least expect it.

Lynch has struggled all year against good run defenses. There will be a few of those in the playoffs. The Seahawks WRs (without a healthy Kearse OR Harvin) struggle against average man CBs. Wilson struggles when he refuses to run when the aforementioned areas aren’t working.

I don’t see the run game suddenly starting to work against good defenses because it hasn’t the entire year. But will Harvin or Kearse come back at 100%? Will they give Lockette a chance to contribute? Will Wilson run more when the Offense needs yards created out of thin air? If we can get those questions answered positively, things could still turn out pretty good.

40. HawkyHann says:

Does anyone know if Christine Michael has the same IQ as Bruce Irvin? I don’t get why he can’t at least return kicks or spell for Marshawn. We used a second round pick on him and he never plays. Weird.I’m tired of the poor mans Julius Jones..especially after he coughed up two fumbles. He has no wiggle and isn’t fast.

I’m not sure what IQ has to do with anything here. He (reportedly) refused to play special teams in camp and in early season, doesn’t (again, reportedly) block well, and considering the deficiencies elsewhere on the roster, activating him makes little sence. Especially considering RB is not a problem area.

pabuwal – Again we are in agreement.

43. HawkyHann says:

Whoops, I meant to say Aaron Cury not Bruce Irvin. Was thinking one thing and wrote another

44. Rams vs. Seahawks, three things to focus on from Pro Football Focus

45. Moving forward (i.e. next season), the Bruce Irvin situation is interesting. I am not sure what the Seahawks will do with him….. I think he is the 4th best linebacker on the team (behind Wagner, Wright and Smith) but he also isn’t in the top DE’s…..

46. HawkyHann says:

Duke-can he still not block? That’s a bummer if he’s still struggling with this. I love his extra gear and since we need help with explosive plays and in the kickoff game I figure now could be his time to see the field.

47. Funny we have had such great success with late round draft choices, but so little success with 1st round choices (Harvin, Carpenter, Irvin). And I’m not saying Irvin is a bust – just that he hasn’t made the impact you would like from a 1st round pick.

Where was it reported that Christine Michael refused to play special teams in camp and in early season?

This is the first time I heard that. Not saying it didn’t happen but it would be nice to see the source of that report.

Irvin is a bust at DE. That we all know. Time will tell if he becomes a bust at Linebacker too.

I would still trade him straight up for DeCastro today.

50. Southendzone says:

If hawks get #1 seed, anything is possible and i think theres close to 50% chance we make superbowl. If we are a wildcard, i dont see it happening.

It will be back to the drawing board and another year closer to our young star players 2nd contractss.

51. HawkyHann says:

Off the top of my head I think Irvin has 1 sack and 1 int this year. Not sure if he has caused any fumbles or recovered. I know hes not Clay Matthews, who Pete has said multiple times he reminds him of him. I do agree he has transitioned well to his new role but still waiting for him to make more impactful plays.

With Kearse hobbling we only have two reliable WRs with Baldwin and Tate.
    Bevell better game plan a lot more TE and RB pass plays if our offense is going to get the best of the Rams Defense.

“The Rams have won 4 of their last 6, including the Colts, Bears, and Saints (losing at SF and at Ariz). This team is no pushover.”

Agree, but look at the scores of their two loses on the road against SF and Ariz.
    The Rams didn’t exactly beat those two teams up on the road so I see no reason why we can’t win them in similar fashion if we bring our A game.
    Even if we have another bad game offensively I see us winning this game by more than 10 points if the D and special teams show up.

HawkyHann – Perhaps he’s improved in practice. But a couple weeks back, in response to a question about Michael and his overall development in the backfield, Carroll noted how far Turbin improved throughout his rookie season in blitz recognition and blocking. The fact he compared him to Turbin, unsolicited, seemed to indicate, to me at least, that Michael isn’t where he needs to be.

Georgia – Eric referenced it multiple times. Chuck re-posted some of Eric’s comments, around Thanksgiving, because some here didn’t remember that then either.

Georgia (again) – Irvin had 8 sacks at DE last year. Albeit in bunches. Nevertheless, that hardly makes him a bust at DE. Moreover, his play at Sam this season has been stellar and impressive. From play recognition to instincts, he’s Seattle’s “Clay Matthews” moving forward (which Carroll noted that’s just how they intended to use him, on draft day).

GeorgiaHawk – As I’ve said to others today, I hope you’re right…

56. Which WR is going to scare the Rams away from 9 in the box? They probably feel that Jenkins on Tate and Johnson on Baldwin is all they need to stop the passing game.

ChrisHolmes- Hope you get better with the flu bug.
    It hit us big time this last week, and when I went out to get medication at the store the cashier was so sick she had to leave in the middle of my purchase.

Flu sucks!

HawkyHann – Frankly, I don’t believe numbers alone reflect the quality of Irvin’s play. One thing that retards Irvin’s numbers, is that in a 4-3 the Sam ‘backer comes off the field in nickel and Seattle runs a ton of nickel. I could be mistaken about this, but off the top, I’m guessing that Irvin plays about 65% of all defensive snaps. When healthy, Matthews “never” comes of the field. Regardless, his future is extremely bright here, IMO.

Receivers don’t get defenses out of the box, QBs do. And I understand its a symbiotic relationship between QB and WR, but the reality is that it’s on Wilson to get the Rams from not stacking the box.

60. Duke – I believe you are a little off with the ‘stellar and impressive’ comment for Irvin at OLB. He had some production early, but of late he has had little production. Since the bye week, he has had weeks with 2, 5, 2 and 0 tackles. At this point its clear that Wagner, Wright and Smith are all more productive linebackers than Irvin is. Here is hoping this is a rare good week for Irvin.

Duke- Didn’t Irvin say himself that Carroll saved his career by changing his position from DE to Linebacker?

8 sacks is ok,(even as a rookie) but it isn’t much to brag about for being a one trick pony at DE.

And I don’t recall Eric reporting that Christine Michael refused to play special teams in camp and in early season?

It seems odd that he would refuse. Perhaps it was more like Eric felt Christine Michael couldn’t contribute much on special teams.

blocis – Wagner isn’t a fair comparison since he’s at Mike, and I’ve always defended Smith as a productive player, and he’s far better suited tot he weak side where they’ve been forced to return him. One doesn’t have to agree with me, and perhaps I’m way off, but as on overview and for now, I stand by me “stellar and impressive” regarding Irvin at Sam.

GeorgiaHawk – Well, you’ll have to go back and read the camp and early season posts then, or perhaps Chuck can do the heavy lifting, again, because that’s what Eric reported (in essence. I’m paraphrasing without the direct quotes).

Irving was only brought in on clear passing downs: he was pigeon-holed as a “one trick pony”. That was his role.

Did Irvin say that? Perhaps, and, as Carroll noted on draft day, he saw him in an OLB role. But that’s not the same thing as “busting” at DE his rookie season.

Did Irvin say that? Um, yes.

And I did look back In the archives,(around thanksgiving) and found nothing from Chuck,(or a source) that said Christine Michael refused to play special teams in camp and in early season.

That’s a pretty strong accusation (imo) to say a player refuses to play special teams in camp and in early season and not have any reliable source to back it up.

It’s in the archives Georgia, and has been discussed many, many times. If you don’t believe me, that’s on you. You want to question my integrity by insinuating I’m making that up, again, on you.

That’s cool, Irvin thanked Norton for moving him to OLB. I’m curious however if you read the part where Irvin led all rookies in sacks last year? Unlikely, considering you consider him a bust at DE.

I would love to have what pabs and Duke are drinking today. From Lockette and pabs love quest with him to be the next good WR, to Irvin and Dukes Clay Matthews comparison.
    I would love to have what you two are drinking because if I did I would say Carpenter is a Pro Bowler. Lol.

Duke- Leading all rookies in sacks when all the other rookies aren’t good doesn’t make you good.

BTW- If you truly believe it is in the archives that Christine Michael refused to play special teams in camp and in early season then why don’t you post it?
    I don’t think he refused so it’s on you now to prove you are correct.
    Is that so hard to do?

Man up. Lol.

I think I speak for all posters here when I say that your computer ought to have a breathilizer on it.

69. CHawkFanIn9erLand says:

It was definitely posted on here, in comments, a number of times that Michael refused to play special teams. I never saw it quoted from a member of seahawks brass, but it was discussed here at length a number of times.

70. CHawkFanIn9erLand says:

I think it’s funny seeing people comment on the Niners accomplishing what they have in spite of injuries, but nobody really talking about ours. Sure they had Crabtree out (by the way everybody knew he was going to be out in May), and Smith for a month and a half. But seriously, we’re down Harvin and Rice, we’re almost always looking for healthy bodies in the o-line, and we’ve been down two cornerbacks for a month. Our injury situation has been much worse.

I’m really not sure that we can do much if we don’t get harvin in the lineup for the playoffs. He will change defensive strategy. I seriously shudder to think what would happen to us if we sustained another injury at WR. Let alone tight end.

I think you just speak for yourself and hope that a few will agree with you.
    Again where is your source that Christine Michael refused to play special teams in camp and in early season?

It shouldn’t be that hard to find. But obviously it’s easier for you to take the low road and resort to personal attacks. lol.

72. SandpointHawk says:

Agree CHawkFaIn(can’t say that)Land…it has been reported, inferred and discussed many times here. I don’t think this FO would come out and say that about a player however…

73. CHawkFanIn9erLand says:

Duke, I can’t see the rams really winning this game, just like I couldn’t see the Saints beating us in our house. Sure they CAN win, but I don’t see it happening. They have won two games on the road and one was against the Texans. The win in Indy was impressive, but the colts haven’t been able to do anything against a good defense without their best receiver. The Cards won off an amazing catch on a pass from Palmer. Who is going to make that play for the Rams? Even if our offense struggles, someone from the Rams is going to have to make at least two great plays to win this game.

74. CHawkFanIn9erLand says:

Actually Georgia, it’s easier to simply say that you’re in the minority, since basically everybody else here agrees with Duke. You’re so clearly wrong it’s not worth the time to look it up.

CHawkFanIn9erLand- Really? You and a few means I’m in the minority?

Is it so hard for any of you kiss ups to at least come up with any thing close to legit with regards to Christine Michael’s refusing to play special teams in camp and in early season?

Is that to hard to do?

76. Duke, no problem. I hope that Irvin plays terrific this week and every week.

In truth, I forgotten about his 5 tackle day before I looked up some stats to support my point. Other stats are interesting and telling to me – Malcom Smith has 49 total tackles vs. Irvins 40 tackles – but Smith has played fewer snaps. Also, Smith has 4 tackles for a loss vs. Irvins 1 tackle for a loss.

I don’t think that Irvin was a total loss as a DE – his 8 sacks as a rookie were best in league. I also think the arrival of Avril and Bennett have as much to do with his move to OLB as anything else (IMO). In the end, I think that Irvin best (and maybe only) role may be a pass rush DE.

Some folks have some very brown lips on this blog. What do think SandpointHawk?

78. Lol, GeorgiaDrunk is drinking and making ignorant comments. What are you trying to gain by kissing ass? Get real. Why don’t you drink a little bit more and try driving around pretty fast?

79. SandpointHawk says:

You have a problem with my racial heritage Georgia? I find that offensive…

81. Yeah seriously. I’m a white gentleman, but I consider Kirk to be my black brother from another mother (as we discussed on Facebook).

Georgia – there’s a reason you aren’t in our group of knowledgeable members – because you aren’t knowledgeable.

RADEoN- Do you have a legit source that says Christine Michael’s refuses to play special teams in camp and in early season?

83. SandpointHawk says:

You appear to be ignoring my question sir…

SandpointHawk- I have no idea what your heritage is and frankly I don’t care.
    Have you ever heard of the term Brown noising?

85. SandpointHawk says:

Brown lips I believe you said, but yes my nose is brown also. That just happens to be a racial stereotype but being a southern gentleman you may not be aware of that fact.

86. Eric Williams, 9/15/13:

“Rookie running back Christine Michael is inactive as well. Michael was active last week for Carolina, but did not play a snap in that game. Instead, Spencer Ware will be active because he plays special teams.”

AFAIK, Eric never did get a coach on record saying “Michael won’t play special teams, so we won’t activate him” (not surprising, that is something they would keep within the team), but I do recall several off-hand comments like this from Eric prior to his departure for warmer climates.

At least from what I’ve read on this blog this season, I don’t think Duke is off base.

SandpointHawk- Again I don’t get on face book or any other media thing.
    I don’t know what anyone looks like on this blog except for Bobbyks pic some time ago with Eric, so I treat everyone the same here.

Brown noising means a person kissing someones ass.

For some to try and make it into something else shows what a piece of work they are imo.

88. What I’d like to see tomorrow is some success on 3rd down and some better play from RW. I think part of the issue with the running game comes down to the team’s struggles on 3rd down. It’s hard to get in a rhythm when you run three plays and then get off the field.

RW just seems a bit off to me these past few weeks. A lot of his balls seem to be sailing on him, I just don’t remember thinking “that ball looked high” as much at the tail end of last season as I have the past few games. And the placement looks off on his long balls too it seems like he’s throwing it to where the WR has to make a play on the ball even when the WR has his man beat.

My confidence in the D or O being able to get that last stop or score is shaken a bit and I’m edging back toward the “there’s too much time, they are not going to hold on” feelings I used to have watching this team. Ugh.

89. Put me down as thinking its a stretch to say he refuses to play special teams.

“Georgia – it’s one thing to willfully ignore what has been posted here by Eric regarding Michael. It’s another altogether to make racialially offensive comments to another blogger. Not cool, dude.”

This is a good example of what a piece of crap Dukeshire can be.

I don’t care to be involved with his facebook thing, and I don’t know his face or what his facebook friends faces look like.

So this piece of you no what tries to make me out as a racist so he can look good to his buddies.

Dukeshire you are a piece of you know what and I would be more than happy to confront you in any way shape or form to show folks what a coward you really are.

91. “I hate playing special teams. I hate it and will not do it. Sick of it. How dare they draft me and expect me to play on coverage.” – Christine Michael

Sorry RADEoN, page not found. Try again.

93. Southendzone says:

Georgia being tagged as the Richie Incognito of the tnt blog i love it!

But really, i think you are overreacting, i read the brown lips comment to mean he’s calling you a buttkisser.

94. It might be your computer. Working fine for me.

South, people on the team like Richie. They hate Martin. I think you mean he’s Martin.

Thanks Southendzone, Sad that Dukeshire takes my comment and tries to make it a racial thing. Say’s a lot about him doesn’t it?

I was only reacting to Sands comment. All I said was that if it was racially motivated, as some (one) interpreted it, that wasn’t “cool”.

Bull $hit Dukeshire! You never said if it was racially motivated you Fing liar! Nice try though with your damage control.

I only wish you were here so I can Bitch slap you into reality.

98. Hey guys, relax. In this conversation there is no chance at winning….. so fuhgetaboutit.

No need for damage control. The posts are right there. Just are Eric’s regarding Michael, should you care to refresh your memory.

100. nmseafan says:

What’s the difference between an a*s kisser and a brown noser?

101. nmseafan says:

Depth perception

nmseafan – lol

Yes the posts are right there and they show what a phony Racist calling SOB you really are.

I’m sure that makes you proud though in some sick twisted way.

104. nmseafan says:

Just wanted to inject some levity.

105. Georgia, I’ll be honest with you, and this is no joke.

Duke provides intellectual analysis of plays, coverages, roster moves, etc. He’s not even a football fan, he’s a student of the game. When he posts something, it’s an in depth observation about something.

When you post, it’s either about how blindly you worship Wilson regardless of how poorly he may have played, or its a retarded song parody that was played out after the first one.

I understand you are looking for strength in numbers while agreeing with other people, but when going against some of the better minds on the blog, you don’t have a leg to stand on.

RADEoN- What do you know about intellectual? Did you get blindsided with something to make that happen?

I see, you are just a blind follower of Duke. That’s ok, at least it’s a step forward. Maybe, or maybe not. Lol.

107. From online dictionary:

brown-nose Slang
    vb
    to be abjectly subservient (to); curry favour (with)
    n
    an abjectly subservient person; sycophant
    [from the notion that a subservient person kisses the backside of the person with whom he is currying favour]

This is how I’ve always understood it. No racial background or intention.

Enough of Dukeshire and (bad word) show.

Time to focus on the game at hand.

Seahawks 27
    Rams 10

Go Hawks!!!

109. There’s some pretty funny stuff on both sides of this thread.

The game can’t start soon enough.

Go Hawks!

110. nmseafan says:

I’m calling for a shutout tomorrow.

Go Hawks!!

Georgia, I can only presume this evenings posts will be followed by tomorrow’s apologies, as has been you pattern. I’m not even offended by your insults and name calling anymore. And lest you forget, this entire conversation began with you insinuating I was lying about what Eric had to say about Michael’s willingness to play special teams. Regardless, find some peace in your life; you seem to need it.

112. raymaines says:

We really should flag and delete every comment made after about 10:00 am.

If the Seahawks are wound up as tight as we all seem to be it will be a blow out of epic proportions. Go ‘Hawks!

113. Todd Dybas says:

Folks,

Please clean it up. The last thing I want to do is ban regulars (or spend Saturday night moderating the blog).

Thanks.

Todd

114. Screensmoke says:

Roger that Todd

Thank you, Todd.

116. As The Seahawks Insider Turns

I’m thinking the blog could be turned into soap opera and we could make millions! We have a wide variety of characters that appeal to all ages! It’s a can’t miss!

Some reality show should really take the above and turn it into program. We could take what we think everyone really looks like and put them at their own computer saying funny stuff. lol

Nice try Dukeshire, but if there are any apologies to be had they should come from you for trying to paint me as racist.

But again it’s typical of you to try posting that I would be the one that would apologize tomorrow.
    Unless you have been away for awhile you should know that I have no logical reason to apologize to you.

Again you simply can’t come up with anything legit that Christine Michael refused to play special teams in camp and in early season.

I have a good heart, however it’s hard for me to pity someone that is eager to pull the race card for their own gain. Sad you choose to take a low road.

I am really tired of your nonsense and so ready to watch my favorite team play tomorrow so hopefully you won’t try and take your garbage into tomorrow and try and take away from the game.

118. OregonHawk says:

Thank’s Todd!

I hear you Todd.

I have never tried to paint posters as racist so I vehemently had to defend myself.

I will stay focused from here on out on Seahawk related stuff.

Go Hawks!!!

120. when I saw the comments up from 65 to 120, I kinda figured it was something like the above.

but, depth perception? not bad . . .

121. raymaines says:

I, too, have reached an emotional low with PH. Thank God PC&JS are more stable than I am.

I’d commit as many resources as necessary to stop the run and make Kellen Clemens pass. I’m thinking the LOB is up to the challenge.

You gotta think the STL DE’s are going to pass rush like crazy. I don’t know what a razor sharp OC like Bevel can do to negate that, but I’m looking forward to seeing it. In college football, it would be screen passes over Chris Long and Bobby Quinn’s head but we’re not in college anymore.

The only thing about tomorrows game that would really surprise me is a total Seahawk defensive collapse. We could win by 50, lose by 3, or anything between but I’m really not looking for a blowout STL win.

This week my second and third favorite teams are the AZ Cardinals and Tampa Bay Buc’s. If I have this figured out right, that would put SF in the first wildcard spot and AZ in the second. Too cool!!

122. yeah…it’s been a long week. tomorrow can’t get here soon enough.

123. this is definitely a bit off topic, but I need a favor from someone on the forum…

i really need those, more than you know.

if anyone is close to pullman, I’d love you forever if you went and got them and shipped them to me. I’d paypal the money to you, plus a few extra bucks for your time <3

124. HawkyHann says:

Wow, I was on the blog earlier – went and saw Wolf Of Wall Street and now see that things are getting pretty dramatic.

I think we all need to see the Seahawks take what’s ours tomorrow and that is home field advantage through the playoffs. 12th man

125. chuck_easton says:

Ok, here’s one article from camp that lists Michaels weaknesses and why he wasn’t playing. He still isn’t playing so he likely still has these issues.

126. sluggo42 says:

Haha, some funny stuff today…

127. sluggo42 says:

The link works for me

128. raymaines says:

Works for me. G’night ya’ll

129. The link works for me too but there’s no mention of special teams.

130. JoeinKirkland says:

I grew up a 49er fan (don’t worry, I’m 100% Hawks now) and can remember the way the Niners dealt with Lawrence Taylor back in the day. It is something I hope the Hawks do to Quinn. The Niners would line the tight end (Russ Francis) up wide and have him motion towards the line just before the snap. The left tackle would take an inside position and then WHAM! the tight end would cream Taylor. Chop blocks weren’t illegal then, but as long as no one hits him low it is still legal. It got to the point that he was afraid to take the outside move and even when he did, he would peak to his right just in case. It was a beautiful thing.
    The Falcons did something similar to Aldon Smith on Monday night but not as violent. The tight end would “rub” him before going out into the pattern to slow him down. I’d like to see the Hawks do something like this at the very least, but would really like to see Zach Miller unload on Quinn a couple of times.

Go Hawks!!!

131. I don’t remember ever reading that Michael REFUSED to play special teams. Certainly could’ve missed that. It certainly has been rep[eated many times that he DOESN’T play special teams. I think maybe some people took this as a refusal? He did return some kicks in preseason. I would assume that he just isn’t any good at ST besides returning. Let’s just all agree that they don’t have his on coverage units and that’s a major reason he is usually inactive. Regardless of whether he refused or just sucks at coverage. My guess is that he won’t be around long if he REFUSES to play ST.

132. Georgia – #1 rule of the blog – don’t disagree with Duke. Lol!