Not so fast.
Thanks to Seattle’s 17-10 home loss Sunday to Arizona, the Seahawks will have to wait to clinch the NFC West division title and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. The Seahawks can still clinch both with a win next week against the Rams or a 49ers loss or tie in either of the next two weeks.
But Sunday’s loss might be more concerning than just a delay of what most thought weeks ago to be the inevitable. It was the Seahawks second loss in three weeks and the first home loss of Russell Wilson’s career. The offense sputtered throughout and the defense couldn’t hold a late lead once again.
With another division foe coming to Seattle next week in the rival St. Louis Rams, the Seahawks need to get back on track to not only lock up the NFC’s top seed but also to go into the playoffs with a bit of momentum.
Let’s get to some questions:
1. Thoughts on today’s loss to the Cardinals? Game ball or goat?
2. What is the biggest problem with this offense lately?
3. How big a deal is the loss? Just one game or will it cost them?
4. How concerned are you that Seattle has lost two of its past three games?
5. What will be the key to next week’s game against the Rams?
As always, break it all down and more in the comment section.