It was every bit as hard-fought as advertised, but the 49ers pulled it out, 19-17, on Sunday in San Francisco.
A 51-yard run by Frank Gore set up the game-winning field goal for the 49ers in another heavyweight grudge match between these two rivals.
The win probably means more for San Francisco than Seattle, as it keeps the 49ers in the driver’s seat for a wild card playoff berth. The Seahawks meanwhile, still hold a two-game lead in the division with three games to play.
That being said, it was the Seahawks second loss of the season, and one to a bitter rival at that.
Let’s get to some questions:
1. Who gets the game ball? Who is the goat?
2. Should the Seahawks have let the 49ers score earlier to save time on the clock?
3. What is your overall take from this game? Just a hiccup or will it linger?
4. Which of the remaining three games (@NYG, ARIZ, STL) worries you the most?
5. What do you expect to see from Seattle over the course of the rest of the season?
As always, don’t limit yourself to these questions. Any other insight from the game?