News, notes and quotes: Sherman is with Baldwin when it comes to Luck

Post by Todd Dybas / The News Tribune on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:05 pm with 29 Comments »
October 3, 2013 2:06 pm

Like Doug Baldwin, Richard Sherman had effusive praise for former teammate Andrew Luck.

“He’s incredibly intelligent at the line of scrimmage, he uses great verbage, he recognizes defenses quickly,” Sherman said. “Probably one of the most intelligent quarterbacks out there in the way he reads coverages and reads the game.

“I heard Doug say he’s going to be one of the best ever, and I would have to agree with him there.”

So, that’s two votes from Seahawks players for Luck being on the road to being one of the best in league history.

On to the quick hits:

> Sherman, like he said on Twitter, reiterated he felt being named NFC Defensive Player of the Month was a team award.

> Sherman said Reggie Wayne, “Is incredibly effective. He’s very crafty and he’s veteran. He has tricks. We’ve been watching him on film and making sure we’re on our Ps and Qs.”

> Sherman said Luck and Russell Wilson are “both tough. Both tough to prepare for. I don’t think I can give either one of them the edge.”

> Sherman said Luck would “destroy” the starting defense when running the scout team in 2008, which left Sherman wondering why he wasn’t playing in games.

> Sherman said he saw the NFL Films video that we linked to here this morning. He said he was happy for his hometown to be seen in a positive light “for once.”

> Wilson called Luck a, “tremendous kid.”

> Wilson said the Texans’ defensive line was big, while the Colts is more of a quick defensive line.

> On his offensive line: “We’re continuing to work on communication,” Wilson said.

> Wilson said Lucas Oil Stadium “gets very loud.” He knows. He played there in the 2011 Big Ten Championship game against Michigan State. Wilson was 17-for-24 for 187 yards and three touchdowns.

> Wilson was repeatedly asked about his “creativity” as a quarterback. “I’m never really looking to run the football … things just happen,” he said.

> Wilson also said he never predetermines that he is going to wait until later in the game to run.

> Wilson was asked about Allison, the girl who made him the duct tape wallet and received a heart transplant last week. “The smile on her face was off the charts,” Wilson said.

> He said there is “a little bit of frustration” with the offense not fully up to speed yet.

> Wilson, like OC Darrell Bevell said earlier, hasn’t noticed defenses doing anything real different against him this year.

> Wilson actually said the ongoing defensive pressure is good. “There is a lot of green grass behind it.

> Talked to Earl Thomas who said he predetermined where he was going to on Garrett Graham’s 31-yard touchdown up the seam in Houston. Thomas said he decided to head toward Andre Johnson before the play started, and that was a mistake.

> Jaguars waived LB Kyle Knox and claimed LB John Lotulelei off waivers from the Seahawks.

> New QB B.J. Daniels said just about every storyline you could think of when it comes to his arrival from the 49ers is overblown. He said playbook knowledge doesn’t matter. Also said he’s happy to be here now, despite the rivalry.

Keep heaping praise on Luck. Hopefully that will soften him up some. Lol.

2. yankinta says:

This is for xcman, MoSeahawk12 and GeorgiaHawk…. Just a little taste…. :)

yankinta
    AUG. 27, 2012 AT 8:32 AM

For all those, that called me crazy a couple of weeks ago, for picking Russell Wilson and saying we should trade Flynn, what do you have to say for yourselves now??

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/08/27/morning-links-hawks-get-late-round-pick-for-jackson/#comments#storylink=cpy

3. I’m sure the yankster thinks that Sherman and Baldwin are utterly stupid for thinking Luck is any good.

4. Jacksonville claimed Lotulelei and cut Knox

5. yankinta says:

BobbyK,, I actually can believe that Luck’s very intelligent at the line of scrimmage. I only said that he isn’t on the same level when it comes to accuracy from the pocket or on the run. That’s why I said he’s a good QB, average Top 15 or Top 17 QB. RW is a Top 5 QB. Not in the same class.

6. It won’t Georgia. Both being DeCastro freaks we’ve seen enough of Luck to know what he is. Speaking of O-linemen, ours getting destroyed in particular, one adjustment last week that I saw seemed to help quite a bit. Running the offense out of shotgun formation. More often then not that gave just enough time to actually complete a pass. Then we would line up under center again and get blown up.

seahawkfan97, thanks for sharing your story. That’s huge beyond words.

7. jbltzfk says:

I’m thinking our defense will be better than the others the Colts have seen so far – how about 27 to 20 Hawks?

8. Haha Yakinta! See right there, you made a perfect “Tran” post! Part Troll, part Fan. That’s fine to do but take credit, don’t deny it.

From the urban dictionary:

1. TROLL (remember this is the “full” troll definition & you are only “part” troll)

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

9. yankinta says:

Here’s a little more tastes for those non-believers…. lol :)

yankinta
    AUG. 27, 2012 AT 9:19 AM
    I guess, I’m crazy for jumping out of my couch, screaming like we just won a playoff game, when we picked him in the 3rd round this year…. lol., and saying immediately that we should trade Flynn to get some good value and keep T-Jack as our backup.

Either if you all agree with me or not, Flynn will be traded before the deadline this year or next year.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2012/08/27/morning-links-hawks-get-late-round-pick-for-jackson/#storylink=cpy

10. yankinta says:

So GeorgiaHawk, xcman and MoSeahawk12,, I hope we never have to talk about this again, agree? :)

11. Wayne, Fleener, TY Hilton, Luck, and Trent Richardson; pretty good names. Wayne and Hilton are very good players, made even better by playing together. A good test for Seattle’s secondary. You know they will move those guys around, try to get Hilton on BB and Wayne on Thurmond (Speed vs size, crafty vs youngster).

Fleener is the one Im worried about. Thomas needs to realize that he also has to help out his LB’s, who arent particularly good in coverage, esp deep cvg.

Hopefully Richardson is still rusty/learning the playbook, and we can contain him. Luck is a fine qb and getting better–now that he’s got a semblance of an O-line, and a RB.

This game comes down to the Lines. Can ours pass block enough to allow us to take some pressure off the run game? Can we keep from getting gashed by Fleener and Hilton/Wayne? Has our Run D really improved from its second-half of season collapse last season? Cant wait to see…

12. MoSeahawk12 says:

Agreeing with you is not on my bucket list. Besides, I’ve never bagged on you for using a different user name, asked you to provide proof of any of your stellar comments anyway. You got the wrong guy clown. I’m sure you’ll find the right ones soon enough.

13. yankinta says:

lol, I expected that kind of comeback from you. not surprised at all :)

14. MoSeahawk12 says:

Flynn for a second rounder is rich. Misjudged that by a few rounds expert. I think the guys were looking for an acknowledgment that you overestimated Flynn’s value. You finally provided it and yet all this time have acted like you never said that. Several high picks for Flynn. Thank God you’re not running any NFL team, especially the Seahawks. Again, you could’ve said, guys I was wrong and Flynn didn’t get what I thought. It happens. End of story. Yet, you choose to dick around and lose any credibility. Enjoy genius.

15. yankinta says:

Dude I said that last year,,, if we were to trade him before the season started… man you don’t know football,, smh…

16. wallinator says:

Check out the best sports talk with great Seahawks analysis from former Seahawks Insider Eric Williams, former Seahawk Jon Kitna, King 5’s Chris Egan, Q13’s Aaron Levine, KOMO’s Tim Lewis…..& many more On the Double with The Double S Xpress at http://double-s-xpress.com/shows.html or for you iTunes users at https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/on-double-double-s-xpress/id718693925

17. Feeding trolls simply makes them bigger and louder.

18. MoSeahawk12 says:

and shake their heads….a lot

19. SandpointHawk says:

Well good job Yaker, you took your history of posting here back to 8-27-12 (it was interesting to reread the posts from that day….)Now keep digging son and take us all the way back to April 26–28 2012…I know you can do it…

20. 6 of 15 comments are by the delusional dip. Go stroke yourself in private yanker, we don’t need to hear your fantasies.

Wish we could restrict comments to those above the age of 12.

Blog pollution.

21. MoSeahawk12 says:

and to think I tried to help….This is what happens when you constantly insult, disrespect, mislead, boast, brag, avoid telling the truth, and not be man(or woman) enough to admit mistakes. But you know it all.
    They will turn on you. People don’t enjoy hanging out with this type and behavior.

22. yankinta says:

SandpointHawk,, a bunch of you people asking me to post it as proof for weeks, I kept saying no but I just felt like shutting you up for once and for all,, that’s all. Don’t be MAD, Bros,, :)

23. Ewalters7354 says:

yakinta has been driving people on this blog crazy for the past 2 years.I just get a good laugh out of the whole situation,especially the smiley face at the end of every post lol.But it must be entertaining if guys keep going off about the same things right?If not then trying to covert someone over a blog doesn’t seem too realistic :)

24. Actually – Yank – you proved our point – you said “right after the draft” Aug is WAY after the draft

THANKS

25. seahawkNJ says:

Good for you Yank. A lot of cats have been calling this guy out to repost what he said. Quite frankly I’m glad he did so that now everyone else can move on. I think the yank adds some good insight, and while not always the most eloquent or tactful is a true hawks fan at heart. You all called him out, he answered. Let your Yankita man crush go before you get called out. I sir, tip my cap to you.

26. CDHawkFan says:

Ewalters,

As someone who has been on this blog for, I don’t know, maybe 7-8 years, I think Yanker came on the scene about 14 months ago, not 2 years ago. He came out of nowhere, and with a lot of entires so I assume he had changed his handle/name.

SeahawksNJ, just my opinion, but he has you hook, line and sinker. Yanker writting style and content tells me he writes to get under other people skin on purpose. He avoids proof, selective when using numbers to ‘prove’ his point, has no issue telling others he is better, etc. I think he has been here long before and is using the dumbass/16 year old front to soapbox from.

I am sure he gets a kick out of pissing others off and seeing others side with him. While I read his posts (like I do for everyone else) I don’t think I have addressed one for 12 months as I see them as someone playing a joke.

Keep in mind, Yanker was the person who said last year that he didn’t know of the poster ACIB, he said that he sounded dreamy.

Yanker is not an honest poster.

27. Ewalters7354 says: