1. Really like the increased pressure by blitzing on third downs, particularly toward the end of the game. Hopefully no more giving up last minute drives.

Great to see Clem back! Looking forward to Bruce next week and hopefully a speedy recovery by Bennett. Great experience for our new lineman in a tough environment – will only help as we continue this championship season.

2. sluggo42 says:

Good point lv, there is a remarkable difference in 3rd down defense this year isn’t there?
    Yes, Clem was strong and fast, but I didn’t see Avril as much…
    Wondering how Irvin will fit in too…

3. FleaFlicker says:

LV, agreed. We actually held a good team multiple times when it mattered. Last year, we would have been throwing things at our TV as the road opponent (Miami, Chicago, Arizona, Atlanta, etc.) lopped off 20 yard plays on their final possession to tie or win.

How much of that is personnel? How much of that is Dan Quinn?

Hard to say, but I’m happy either way.

4. Just Proud today! What an incredible effort. Gimpiness and all.

5. NYHawkFan says:

Didn’t beat ourselves with penalties this week. Hope the trend continues.

6. Glad we don’t play Denver this year (at least not in regular season). They look pretty tough to beat.

7. MoSeahawk12 says:

Georgia, did you actual say Sweezy is a beast in last thread? That dude nearly wiped out our entire team. He has zero business starting on the O-line in the NFL. He is easily the worst O-lineman of the group.

8. Todd I’m sure you’re exhausted and likely sitting on a plane home as I type this. However, is there any chance you might consider adding in a feature we had last year after every game? Eric or Dave would usually find 5 things about the game and ask for opinions on them. For today’s game it might be something like this:

2. The pressure on Schaub seemed sporadic at best, would you favor more blitz packages in a similar situation?

3. What do you make of Lynch being the leading Seahawk receiver for the game?

4. Is Richard Sherman the best corner in the league?

5. Given the emotion of this game will we be able to let it carry over into next week at Indy?

9. We gutted that one out and won it with desire, defense and a money kicker at the end. Our offensive line was badly whipped all game long by a tremendous defensive front. Our defense was equally beaten in the opening 20 minutes. But our defense owned Houston thereafter. And in the end heart, desire and confidence won the the tough road game for Seattle.

An aside, the Hilton in Las Vegas erupted with the comeback and Haushka’s kick. Tons of Seahawk fans there today and the place was an uproar when we won it. Didn’t hurt that the kick covered the spread too ;-)

10. P.S. JJ Watt is a freakin’ monster. Wish we had him…he was the player of the game, even in defeat.

11. MikeFromNewJersey says:

Sweezy is a confusing player. A terrific run blocker and a horrible pass blocker. Not sure who else we could put there other than McQ.

12. sluggo42 says:

Yes Mo, Georgia made quite the point of claiming the Sweezy to be all that AND, a bag of chips. And, if you didn’t agree with him, you are a fool! So, I’m a fool. But…. With 5 sacks, who knows how many hurries, 10 rushes by RW, well you can do your own analysis…

13. What. A. Win. Glad Bennett is OK, the way his helmet moved in the replay was scary. Can’t imagine what his dad was going through as he was trying to get down to the field.

Absolutely love this team. Watching the NE/ATL game now and you can see a lot of “well, not our night” looks by the ATL bench something you just don’t seem to see from the Hawks these days.

14. MrSinister says:

I don’t know that I would Say Sweezy is the worst EVER, I think he’s avg, he just normally has the luxury of playing between Breno and Unger. Take that away and he looks like crap.

15. MoSeahawk12 says:

I’ve been a fool before and will be a fool again, but Sweezy is just a D-lineman learning how to be an O-lineman and let’s just say he’s a slow learner. If our QB wasn’t like the most athletic QB ever, he would have been sacked about ten times tonight. Cable’s guys need to watch real O-lineman and stay on the sidelines…..except we don’t have that option. Damn. Sweezy makes me vomit on my face….often

16. I hate to say I told you so regarding Sweezy, but….damnation, sure wish I was wrong!

17. MoSeahawk12 says:

After watching Coach Pete’s press conference, I have to say he just was spent and I have even more appreciation for what he’s done with this team. If any guy in that locker hadn’t bought in to this point, I think after this game, that guy would have to look in the mirror and say this team is about effort, winning, results and resolve. As a player and man, I would give myself over to this team and never second guess where we were going. I played on some good teams, but never experienced anything like what I saw today. These guys, can look defeat square in the face and smile. Guys, that doesn’t happen very often in our lives. I’m not saying these guys will go undefeated the rest of the way, but they all know, they can beat anybody, anytime, anywhere. That will make them even better down the road.

18. a few things from today – not all in our game:

1. Our WR’s don’t always get open
    2. RW and RS NEVER give up
    3. JJ Watt is every bit the amazing player we thought he was. I would trade 2 first rounders for him right now.

4. NE kept 14 rookies – 7 undrafted this year – completely amazing!!!!
    5. SF gets another break in the schedule- extra days to prepare for Houston who will be stinging and on the road.
    6. Every young player who wants to catch a ball should watch video of Tony Gonzales!!

19. Oh accidently skipped 2.
    1. Cushing smacks Rice and CUSHING gets the concussion

2. Jake Locker is still in the hospital and that sucks for a local guy who is finally getting it!!

20. 1. After watching our offense get pummeled for 3 quarters how concerned are you that we could be missing 3 starters for more than this game?

VERY CONCERNED!!!

I don’t care how we get pressure – just get pressure! it took too long to figure it out.

3. What do you make of Lynch being the leading Seahawk receiver for the game?

As mentioned before – Our WR’s don’t do a great job of getting open all the time.

4. Is Richard Sherman the best corner in the league?

I think he is getting a run for his money from Talib (NE) right now

I want focused play and effort from the opening kick – something we don’t always do well.