Quick post-Pete and locker room bits

Post by Dave Boling / The News Tribune on Sep. 20, 2013 at 1:29 pm with 27 Comments »
September 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Although Pete Carroll reported Russell Okung (toe)was going to be on the PUP, he’s really on the IR-Designated For Return list. The real point is he’s allowed to return to play in the Nov. 17 game against Minnesota if all goes well. He said he has a torn ligament in his left big toe. The rules call for him to miss practice for six weeks starting today. He is then allowed to practice for two weeks and then be active at that point. It doesn’t mean that he definitely will be ready for return then, but it is a sign that they did not feel he would need to miss the entire rest of the season.

Paul McQuistan will continue to play at the LT spot, but Carroll said it’s a signal to rookies Alvin Bailey and Michael Bowie that it’s time to start preparing for real. Tackle Breno Giacomini said he thought it came as good news because of the fear that Okung might miss the season. He said they can already feel his absence in the O-line meeting room because of Okung’s influence as a leader.

Of other good news, Carroll reported that he expects both CB Brandon Browner (hamstring) and DE Chris Clemons (knee) to be in the lineup for Sunday’s game against Jacksonville. Of having Browner return, Kam Chancellor said that a lot of credit goes to the replacements (Walter Thurmond and Byron Maxwell), who performed well, but it’s good to be back to full strength.

Carroll said linebackers coach Ken Norton Jr., was expected to return to town this evening after the Wednesday death of his father.

Back Spencer Ware, ankle, is also doubtful, which might open the way for rookie second-round pick Christine Michael to see action, Carroll said.

1. Hey Todd…you need to talk with IT about ditching Eric’s pic…out with the old, in with the new! Please don’t tell us you’re another Raider’s fan…don’t know if I can stomach three more years of that while we’re waiting for your ass to get poached by ESPN.

2. rramstad says:

If you missed it, this is laugh out loud hilarious

Also, yak, if you missed it, the ATL game can’t be flexed, it’s week 10 and the flex scheduling starts week 11.

3. section319 says:

Dear Todd. You have probably already checked with IT – on the other hand, you may be too busy so far.

Good luck on getting your ass poached by ESPN – no doubt it is what you want (who would not?) as it is more prestigious and pays more no doubt; however, you are doing a great job so far. Sando was not better than Eric, fyi

4. MikeFromNewJersey says:

Todd was there any mention of adding a veteran lineman to take Okung’s spot on the roster? or do you think they might just sign one of the practice squad guys?

P.S. keep up the good work, the transition has been seemless.

Jesus people, Dave Boling posted this, not Todd. Let’s pay *some* attention…

My bad MoSeahawk12, I see you already posted that.

“Jesus people, Dave Boling posted this, not Todd. Let’s pay *some* attention…”

You mean like last year when you weren’t paying attention that Wagner was calling the plays in week two?

We all make mistakes around here Duke. No ones above it.

8. WiscCory says:

So, it’s Bolling that’s really getting everyone promoted to ESPN…

9. MoSeahawk12 says:

One positive regarding Okung’s injury. He can come back for the home stretch of the season. He missed the entire second-fourth quarter against the 9ers and their incredibly talented Dline and yet, our O-line hung tough and were able to move the ball and score points. Not going to be easy, but with prep, scheme and help, I think they get it done.

10. raymaines says:

It’s a good thing we know for sure the 49ers are all squeaky clean boy scout types because otherwise we could start to think they are just about the same as every other team and then we’ed have to start thinking their coach is either delusional or a total BS artist.

GeorgiaHawk – Stay in your own lane, for once.

12. sluggo42 says:

GHawk -

You seem to have an odd thing going on, like being the teachers suck-up or the guy who has to pass judgement on everyone’s posts. It’s been going on for quite a while now. You out post everyone by about 10-1. And you always have the drunk thing working…

I’m probably out of place to say anything, but it’s just kinda weird…

I dunno, maybe you don’t realize it, or maybe I should not say anything..
    No offense meant, and apologies it you don’t want to hear it…

Sluggo,

If you don’t like my posts then why do you read them? It’s very simple you can just pass over them.
    I think enough bloggers around here know that I am a die hard Seahawks fan.
    Just because I don’t take crap from anyone or because I get out of my lane sometimes to confront another that gets out of his or her lane doesn’t mean I am a teachers suck-up or I pass judgment on everyone’s post.

I don’t think I ever said anything so harsh about you.
    Do you hate me that much or is it something else?

14. Just a drama queen

xcman- typical of you, and sad at the same time. Too bad you couldn’t be using your energy in a more positive way.

It’s probably my fault for falling for this negative stuff.

I just think some here would be more happy if the Seahawks still sucked so they can bitch and complain.

Times are changing my friends!

16. sluggo42 says:

GH, I don’t mean to be harsh at all, and I do appreciate much do what you think and say, it’s just gotten different lately is all I was trying to point out.
    I’m sorry if you took it as a harsh thing, it wasn’t meant to be ….

More of an observation bro…

sluggo42- Maybe I am posting too much however a lot of that is just links and short posts.
    I’ve never been much for the long drag out nauseating posts that we see here.
    Unfortunately for this blog I have had a lot of time on my hands of late. Lol.

Maybe I should back off some, however sometimes (like last week) there was hardly nothing going on here, and right before a huge game.

BTW- Duke can handle himself well, he doesn’t need kiss ups like xcman to help him out. (not Dukes fault at all that he has many kiss ups)

In fact if Duke ever wanted to start a band he could call it “Duke and the Kiss ups”

Anyways Sluggo I take your opinion more seriously then most, so I will ponder over it and try not to get out of my lane so much moving forward.

I’m just Damn excited that we can win a Super Bowl this year.

I can already see your “sorry everyone, I drank too much last night” post coming, yet again, tomorrow morning. Grow up, man.

Actually Dukeshire I am not drinking, but nice try.
    I won’t be apologizing for anything tomorrow. Especially for calling you out.
    No kiss up here Duke.

Now can you add some substance to this blog or are you going to continue to bitch and complain?
    What ever happened to your schemes?

No one is kissing my ass, they’re telling you you’re out of line. You ought to be used to that as it’s been a common thread since you started posting here, 3 years or so, ago.

BobbyK said it best a week or so ago: you’re an “asshole”.

Dukeshire-I see your the one that’s drinking too much tonight. And not staying in your own lane like you insisted I should be.

Now you want to add BobbyK into this. I thought you could fight your own battles a lone?

Sober up and start adding something of substance to this blog. I will try to not let you take this into the gutter anymore.

You are delusional. Lol. Please get help.

Dukeshire-If you weren’t so Beerlusional I might take you seriously. Lol.

BTW-When are you going to add something of substance here? Tick tick tick tick tick.

“Jesus people, Dave Boling posted this, not Todd. Let’s pay *some* attention…”

We all make mistakes around here Duke. No ones above it.

“It’s too bad that you can’t own up to your statements like a man would”
    You should be thanking me for setting you straight here instead of carless lee attacking me trying to protect your ego.”

I’m done with this Jack Wagon, Unless he/she steps in my face.

Go Hawks!!!