Report: Hawks sign TE Kellen Davis

Post by Eric Williams on Sep. 11, 2013 at 12:07 pm with 9 Comments »
September 11, 2013 12:07 pm

According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, the Seahawks have signed veteran tight end Kellen Davis.

The Seahawks have not confirmed the move.

According to the report, the former Chicago Bears tight end had a tryout with Tampa Bay. With Davis in the fold, the Seahawks now have three tight ends, including starter Zach Miller and rookie Luke Willson.

General Seahawks
  1. Singularitarian says:

And they dropped…

2. MikeFromNewJersey says:

Im guessing Ware, Bowie or Bailey get waived to the PS. Mike Person’s two penalties in three plays pretty much ended that experiment.

3. tealskin says:

Mike, Could see Ware but not the two others with the high marks they got in preseason. My picks were Person or Lotuleile.

4. MikeFromNewJersey says:

Im just guessing if they are going to bring in a player on offense, they would get rid of another offensive player. I also think Person is higher on the pecking order considering he was active and Bowie and Bailey were not…Actually they waived Alan Bradford

5. MikeFromNewJersey says:

I guess KJ can play in the middle if needed, so can Farwell.

6. JazBadAzz says:

Allen Bradford was let go.

7. tealskin says:

Thought Bradford had played well. Oh well, who knows the thought process that goes into these types of decisions. (Aside from the people having them of course).

8. I am not surprised that Bradford was waived. He is another ‘conversion’ project these coaches seem to like to try. With all of the middle linebackers available, how would it make more sense to convert a running back to MLB? I know he played some LB in high school, but if his best position in college was RB……?

As others have said, we have enough coverage at MLB with KJ and Farwell (I actually KJ more at MLB than OLB where is cover skills are more exposed).

9. I liked Bradford’s attitude and toughness at the MLB position, and figured he would be a key contributor on ST as well. I’m surprised. Maybe he makes it through to the PS?