Morning links: An update on Flynn trade

Post by Eric Williams on April 1, 2013 at 7:25 am with 122 Comments »
April 1, 2013 8:31 am
Teddy bear cholla cactus as well as other succulents dot the landscape among the bright yellow Mexican goldpoppies at Picacho Peak State Park near Tucson, Ariz., on Thursday, Feb. 19, 1998. (AP File Photo/Arizona Daily Star, James S. Woods)

Good morning from down in the desert. I’ll be hanging out here for the week, but will update the blog when news breaks on the Seattle Seahawks, including the finalizing of the Matt Flynn trade to Oakland.

Speaking of that, Peter King of Sports Illustrated gives us an update on the Flynn Trade in his Monday Morning Quarterback column.

King believes Seattle will get a mid-round 2014 pick and a conditional 2015 pick from Oakland for Flynn’s services. This makes sense, matching up with Carroll’s belief that not many of this year’s draft picks will make the 2013 roster.

But with young players like Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Golden Tate, Richard Sherman, Brandon Browner, Breno Giacomini and Doug Baldwin due for extensions in the next two years, Seattle can’t sign then all. They will need to replace a few of them through the draft.

King also says the Raiders likely will get a fourth or fifth-round pick for Palmer in a trade with Arizona.

King: “Put yourself in Seattle GM John Schneider’s shoes. Do you want your confirmed backup quarterback taking up $7.25 million on your cap this year? Or do you trust your offensive coordinator and quarterback guru, Darrell Bevell, to train another guy to back up Russell Wilson? I’ll take the latter choice any day of the week.”

UPDATE: Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that the Seahawks have finalized a deal that sends Flynn to Oakland for picks in the 2014 and 2015 draft. Glazer says both are later round picks.

Clare Farnsworth of Seahawks.com writes that Seattle offensive tackle Breno Giacomini is helping to take the game of football global with a trip to China.

Beastquake has advance to the Elite Eight of NFL.com’s Bradketology determining the greatest plays in league history. Vote here.

Ben Muth of Football Outsiders breaks down what makes Denver pass rusher Von Miller so special—his get off.

Don Banks of Sports Illustrated takes a closer look at the seven NFL general managers who came out of the Tampa Bay system in the mid-1990s, including former Seahawks team president Tim Ruskell, current Titans general manager Ruston Webster and new Jets general manager John Idzik.

Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com wonders if quarterbacks will be shut out of the first round with quarterback-needy teams bringing in veterans to man position.

Pat Kirwan of CBS Sports talks with longtime NFL scout Gil Brandt, who says don’t believe the hype – three quarterbacks will go in the top 15 picks.

Morning links

Eric, you love your desert time. Also, some desert golf is a great way to prep yourself for some good Master’s watching next week.

It will be nice to have some closure on the Flynn trade. Hopefully today.

2. Soggybuc says:

I’ve gone to that bracketology site to vote a couple times now but the crazy thing never has a submit vote button??

3. Soggybuc–Yeah, I noticed that. I think when you click on your choices, it votes for you (I hope).

4. So far, looks like BeastQuake is leading the Music City Cheat 2-to-1 in votes submitted.

5. From Glazer: “OAK has traded 2 picks to Seattle for Matt Flynn, will sign papers on it this AM & now trying to finalize Carson Palmer to AZ for late pi” And he confirmed, not an April fools.

6. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

The Seattle Seahawks traded the backup quarterback Monday to the Raiders in exchange for two draft picks, Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer.

7. seahawksteven777 says:

“@JayGlazer: The 2 picks the Raiders sent for Flynn are in 2014 and 2015 draft. Both are later rounds.”

I wonder if Yankinta will show his face now lol? Isn’t it fun to “watch and learn” Yankinta?

8. yankinta says:

The late pick is for the Carson Palmer to AZ trade,, Not Flynn Trade.

Waiting now to see if we got at least a 3rd Round Value for FLYNN….

9. yankinta says:

seahawksteven777, I guess, you and other haters on this blog need to watch and learn how to read. :)

10. seahawksteven777 says:

yankinta: You said and were confident Seattle would get at least aa 3rd rounder or a value similar to that. 2014/2015 late round picks doesn’t sound like that. You’re wrong. You can get off your high horse now.

11. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

yanknita mine is a direct quote i copied the actual article .

12. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

yankinta, watch and learn how to read, trade for palmer is “A” pick

13. yankinta says:

Again, time will tell. Keep watching and learning…..

All of you haters were saying a day or two ago, that the trade won’t even happen anymore since Flynn won’t redo his contracts…..just based on rumors……such amateurs,,, smh…

14. Southendzone says:

Finally what the forum has been waiting for!!

Will Yakinta triumph with his call of 3rd round pick or better? Will he be doused in a metaphoric gatorade shower and carried off the field by us fellow TnT bloggers?

Or will his hawk-stro-damus like picks be proven wrong, and the “I Told You So” posts come in with such volume that they crash all internet service from Lakewood to Seatac?

Stay tuned for the most exciting day of this #championshipoffseason

15. yankinta says:

lmbo, Southendzone….I just spit out coffee through my nose….Thank you for that. :)

16. I too would be surprised if it is future late round picks, because why wouldn’t Buffalo or Jackonsville pay that? Unless it is strictly a money deal and we are confident in finding a good back-up. Even then, I still think Matt Flynn is a starting quarterback in this league, and that alone is worth a 2nd or 3rd. O

17. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

yankinta, these are next year and year after picks your words were it would be a “1st” next year. i have watched and learned that you are knowing a lot less than you claim. “The Seahawks will acquire late-round selections in the 2014 and 2015 drafts, Glazer reported. i see it’s ok for you to quote a source if it works to your benefit but not ok for us ignorant retches. you were wrong on every account even if they gave a 3rd next year and 6-7th following you are still wrong.

18. This looks like its going to be the equivalent of a 2013 6th round pick. That is appropriate value for Flynn, from another team’s point of view.

But from the Seahawks point of view, they have paid him most of the cash salary of his 2 year/$13m contract, will gain very little salary cap space after signing his backup and lost the 1 year he spent in the system. Is this really enough value for the Seahawks given this?

My conclusion is they saw no value in him as a backup and simply wanted to get rid of him. I figured if they wanted to keep him, they would at least hold out for a 2013 Fourth round pick and keep him if no one took them up.

Also, consider this, John Idzrik and Gus Bradley spent time with him last year, inherited 2 of the 3 worst QB situations in the NFL and aren’t even willing to part with this low of a pick for him.

19. yankinta says:

I’m hoping for at least, Oak’s 2014 3rd rounder and 2014 conditional pick that can get as high as 2nd rounder, if Flynn starts more than 10 games this year.

20. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

yankinta you promised a second round pick then changed it to a third that doesn’t fly you said “we all need to watch and learn, we will get a second this year or next years first would be even better” your worse not mine not
    no revising history here we have the archives.

21. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

oh and not second round value a second round pick period. quit trying to change what you said.

22. Southendzone says:

I remember the call as a 3rd round pick or better. I think that’s the benchmark we should hold him to.

Don’t worry though Oklahoma, it doesn’t look like it’s going to pass even the 3rd round test at this point.

23. He can change that to a 2013 Fourth Round pick and still be wrong.

24. yankinta says:

hawkfaninoklahoma, sorry dude, I’m usually right but sometimes I am wrong. But I’m still over 90% the past 2-3 years, since I started following the NFL closely.

At least I’m not some amateurs, on this blog like yourself and your friends that jump over every little rumor and base my analysis based on some talking heads on TV says…. I use my brain, that’s the key.

We’ll see if it’s at least Oak’s 2014 3rd rounder and 2015 conditional 3rd round pick that can get as high as 2nd rounder, if Flynn starts more than 10 games this year.

25. seahawksteven777 says:

Yankinta is just dead wrong on this. He tells us to watch and learn like he’s on some pedestal and now that the reports have come out and he’s wrong, he just can’t admit it.

You’d have less “haters” if you’d stop acting like a condescending know it all and admit when you are wrong.

26. mindnbrad says:

Who will backup RW is my question?

27. OregonHawk says:

Southendzone Nice one!! sent me into a coughing fit (been sick all week)

28. yankinta says:

lol, a lot of haters on this blog and the details haven’t even been released yet. smh…

29. seahawksteven777 says:

“But I’m still over 90% the past 2-3 years, since I started following the NFL closely.”

See? This is the know it all attitude I’m talking about. Who else brags about how often they are right? Too bad you won’t go back and PROVE that as fact.

30. Tyler Thigpen

31. yankinta says:

seahawksteven777, no need to PROVE, since you all already know. Otherwise, why would everyone be talking about me?? :)

32. chrisj122 says:

Have things really digressed to this point?

I stopped reading post Fri and now I come back on Mon. and it’s still the same regurgitated posts, coming from the same posters.

I almost get the sense that some of you want the Hawks to get as little value as possible for Flynn in hopes of being “right”.

33. grizindabox24 says:

I doubt the pick is anything higher than a 5th in 2014. Also think Tyler Thigpen will be visiting VMAC.

chris – It’s absurd, agreed. The tool, er troll, will be proven right or wrong soon enough.

35. bbnate420 says:

“This sets the market for Matt Flynn. I am not expecting a 2nd rounder or better for him. Most likely will come from Oakland or AZ. I would prefer their next year’s 1st round pick than this year’s 2nd round pick.”

There’s one of his BS posts, it seems to be suggesting a 2nd. Even though he says he is NOT expecting a 2nd, that must be a typo because he refers to the fact that he would rather have a 2014 1st than their 2013 2nd. Don’t try to change to 3rd round value now. It just shows you to be more full of shit than most of us already know you are. Still waiting for you to link your posts about RW being a star and trading Flynn right after the 2012 draft? Tick, tock.

36. bbnate420 says:

“Flynn will be TRADED for 3rd round pick or Better. Y’all Watch and Learn….. :)”

Where does it say 3rd round VALUE there???????

37. yankinta says:

chrisj122,, I totally agree. I thought I was on a Seahawks Fan blog but this confirms that these are not true Seahawk Fan. Only Posers and butt kissers… and amateurs..

38. tealskin says:

We’re deep into the silly season. Surely this discussion can wait untill the details are released. Its like listening to gradeschoolers argue.

39. yankinta says:

tealskin, again totally agree. That’s all I’m saying… :) Finally you and chrisj122 (the true Seahawks Fans) show up. :)

40. grizindabox24 says:

too funny, yankinta is getting all buddy-buddy with posters that are actually making fun of him

41. OregonHawk says:

I was going to say, Agree to disagree and move on.

We all still Love Our SeaHawks

42. yankinta says:

Hey, I’m always classy and a nice guy…. :)

43. FleaFlicker says:

We just opened up some substantial cap space. A good back up will still cost $1-$2 million a year. But that leaves a good $3 million towards signing other positions of need or adding some cash to Kam or Earl’s contracts right now.

Dollars and talent can be a zero sum game at time…I think the FO is salvaging as much value as they can here. Pabs, I share your concern with a good back-up; but I’m going to trust in PC/JS on this one.

Only three weeks until Draft!!!!

44. yankinta says:

FleaFlicker, I am thinking they’ll bring in Thigpen for $500K and draft someone late (I hope it’s BJ Daniels) for a competition for a backup job.

I’m happy either way cuz we’ll get draft picks in 2014 and 2015 for dead weight (Flynn). Plus we don’t need more picks this year. I hope we trade some picks for next year’s picks, too.

45. FleaFlicker says:

Thigpen for $0.5 million would be a good deal. I don’t think he comes that cheap however. He does have some actual starts under his belt.

I’d like to see that kid out of Syracuse get drafted. Heck of a strong arm.

46. banosser says:

Give it all a rest…

If they dumped Flynn for less than a 2014 4th and 2015 conditional.. for the Raiders to acquire their starting QB.. then I am at a loss. For what will be a starting QB, that is terrible compensation.. Only if the 2015 pick has the potential to be a 2nd or at the very least 3rd does this make any sense at all…

kinda pissed…

47. yankinta says:

Pete already said he wants similar ability (RW’s run and throw), for the backup QB job. I’m not sure that kid is very mobile.

48. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

The Seahawks just lightened their wallets.

Seattle has dealt backup quarterback Matt Flynn to the Oakland Raiders for late-round picks in the 2014 and 2015 NFL Drafts, FOXS sports.com has learned.

yankinta, this was stupid trade to begin with for oklaland made no sense what so ever, that’s using my brain. your brain was wrong on every count on this. your arrogance was what made us haters you claimed all knowing wisdom an ended up being a dumb schmuck . you have zero credibility and you brought it down on yourself. i find you amusing, even in being wrong you still claim to know it all 90% of the time. maybe now you will learn to play nice with others, not holding my breath.

p.s. enjoy that big ol’ heaping plate of crow :)

49. DisplacedSeahawkFan says:

Great, so our entire season depends on Rusell not getting injured. I hope Bevell minimizes the zone read stuff. I don’t like that we don’t have depth (literally) at the most important position, and that we are an injury away from mediocrity.

50. yankinta says:

hawkfaninoklahoma, I’m done talking to you for now. go read what tealskin wrote.

51. sluggo42 says:

Why are you all arguing with acid again? Didn’t you learn last year that ignoring the troll is the only thing that works? Trolls feed off ANY attention, so cut off the food supply.

Arguing with a fool…

52. grizindabox24 says:

DisplacedHawkFan, funny post. It is way to early to use the “we are doomed” mantra. First, no one knows how the position is going to be filled and second, you can probably cry the “doom” chant for every NFL if their starting QB goes down.

53. Feed it and it will thrive, starve it and it will die.

54. bbnate420 says:

yankster, you can’t agree with tealskin. YOU’RE the one that came on here bragging about being right before the details had even been released.

“LOL, John Clayton is EATING CROW again….. as well as the non-believers that called me names here on this BLOG.

I will be expecting more than a dozen apologies, as promised.

yankinta
    March 29, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Isn’t watching and learning fun for us all?? :)”

Those are YOUR words. I can actually quote your BS. You can’t quote the times you were supposedly right, because you pulled them out of your butt. BTW, you sound like quite the butt kisser this morning.

55. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

yankinta, i quoted the same guy you did, i just dug deeper, you know used my brain.
    lol, funny how you want to end it when it isn’t going your way,

56. yankinta says:

Thanks sluggo42, I’ll be ignoring the trolls from now on. :)

57. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

sluggo i know but gloating is just toooooooo much fun this time.

58. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

yankinta i hate to tell you but you are the troll he was referring too.

59. bbnate420 says:

The 2013 season is probably done as far as the SB goes if RW is injured for a significant period of time with or without Flynn here IMO. You can say the same with Brady and NE, Manning and Denver, Atl and Ryan, etc..

If the trade is for a 2014 4th or worse and a conditional in 2015, then that is pretty strong circumstantial evidence to me that either Flynn has been more of an issue in the locker room that has been reported of that the staff really doesn’t think he’s very good. Flynn did look disinterested to me on the sidelines a number of times last year, but I’m not going to make a definitive statement from that.

60. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

i don’t understand the doom and gloom it’s not like flynn was young backing up montana. he is not that kind of talent.

61. Has V. Young been picked up yet. I would like to see the Hawks draft a qb along with picking up a free agent.

62. grizindabox24 says:

Schefter is reporting Leinart and Thigpen are 2 most likely options

63. CDHawkFan says:

Guys, yankster is a regular poster just using the yankster handle so he can screw with you. Think about how often and quickly he posts now, and he just stared showing up a few months ago.

He is the same person as Wilson is too short, el perro, ACIB, etc. He is one of about 10 people who live on his blog, and to me it’s pretty easy to figure out.

64. Tyler Thigpen? Never really paid attention to this dude, does he have similar traits to Wilson. The best move so far in free agancy is the Romo extension. I guess Jerry Jones in the new Al Davis, that extansion is crazy.

65. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

the optimism of raiders fans. How many games will Flynn win in 2013?
    0-4
    20.9%
    5-8
    59.3%
    9-12
    14.1%
    13-16

they have no talent, they look worse than the lions of a couple of years ago

66. Did I just see someone mention Leinart? Please no, April foll’s right?

67. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

CDHAWK, i have been saying that for ever and a day

68. @PeteCarroll: “We’ve got Jim Zorn & Dave Krieg coming in for a workout on Tues… Both are great competitors & their film looks awesome”

Sweet! I think those two guys are young, talented and competitive enough for Seattle.

69. Those comments about Flynn in that last link were interesting. No one is very high on him. It would be kind of funny in a sad way if Pryor beats him out. If Flynn does start how long will his elboe last?

70. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

tru, what makes them the best options they are both extremely failed QBs . that is the question i want answered.

71. grizindabox24 says:

No Joke

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 10m
    Once Matt Flynn trade completed, Seattle will consider signing Matt Leinart as its No. 2 QB. @mortreport also says Tyler Thigpen in play.
    Retweeted by Davis Hsu

72. bbnate420 says:

CDHawk thinks it’s BobbyK. He’s said so before.

73. Thigpen is a similar type to Russell Wilson athletically, I remember watching him a few seasons back when he got thrown into the starting lineup for the Chiefs (I think he was their 3rd stringer) and he performed quite well, I’ve followed his career ever since because I liked what I saw, so having him as a 2nd stringer would be fine with me, oh and he is/was mobile that’s for sure.

74. Hmmm…guess we need to see the actual deal, but it looks like I overestimated Flynn’s value in this market.

Hats off to those of you who had a more realistic view of Flynn’s trade value!

I think there are two factors that really dropped his value:

1. Philbin not making more of an effort to acquire him.

2. Bradley leaking that the Jags had no interest. That sort of threw our FO under the bus a little bit and made Flynn a harder sell to other times.

Obviously, if insiders who know Flynn best don’t want him, other teams are not exactly going to break down doors to get him.

I’m still happy to snag a couple of Oakland’s draft choices so we can keep restocking when we start losing guys in FA.

75. bbnate420 says:

Just in case anyone forgot, the Hawks got a 7th and a 5th for Curry from the Raiders. What does that say about Flynn?

76. FleaFlicker says:

re: Leinert vs. Thigpen. Doesn’t make a difference. The back-up QB is the guy that will get you two wins in four starts while your #1 guy gets over his concussion, broken ribs, whatever.

Either one of those guys can arguably fill that role.

77. bbnate420 says:

I’d rather have Thigpen. Leinart can’t even stay healthy for one start, much less a couple if you need him. PC has had a couple of chances to go after Leinart already and hasn’t done it.

78. Southendzone says:

Good point Nate.

Oakland is like that neighbor who goes through your trash and finds things he wants.

Only in this case instead of doing it in the middle of the night when you’re sleeping, they actually pay you something in return for the privilege of taking your garbage.

79. FleaFlicker says:

Fellow Seahawks fans: let us stop for a moment and appreciate our high class problems.

We are arguing over the BACKUP QB. Unlike previous years when we’re arguing over half the STARTING roles.

It’s sunny. Soak it up.

80. Good luck to Flynn he should have one hell of a chip on his shoulder. Now we can all see what he can do.

81. DreadHawks says:

One of the reasons I stopped commenting so long ago was all the mudslinging going on. Who cares if someone was right or wrong? Are we so proud???? Glad for Matt, however one should be careful what they ask for. He wanted out and now he’s on a hopeless team instead of a potential Super Bowl Team. was it a good trade for the Hawks? I think so but time will tell. Good value? Time will tell but PC/JS have been pulling rabbits out of a hat for 3 years now. They KNOW what they’re doing! Nuff said……..Cheers!

82. montanamike2 says:

Wow this blog is rocketing again!
    pabuwal i agree and am stoked if they can lock up another core player.
    bbnate420, i think you’re dead on the comp picks where we might snag a jem. Yannkita enjoy your crow, i heard if you slow cook it in bbq sauce it’s not bad. If anything you guys are entertaining.

83. banosser says:

ESPN2 must have just reported it wrong.. said it is a 2013 and conditional 2014… fwiw

84. montanamike2 says:

We need someone who is content to be a backup.

85. bbnate420 says:

You would presume that the Hawks were willing to take 2014 and 2015 picks because Oak has no 5th in 2013 and weren’t willing to give up their 4th.

86. banosser says:

bbnate.. then you would think it would be at least the 2014 4th… which is the equivalent to this yrs 5th..

87. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

dread, no offense but we have had crap slung in our faces about how stupid we all are for the last 2 months. he has it coming we who are the ignorant unlearned retches of the blog will gloat for just a bit. and enjoy it i mite add.

88. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

it’s funny how people that hardly ever post show up to defend yankinta.
    just sayin

89. banosser says:

Now ESPN2 just corrected themselves

90. grizindabox24 says:

5th in 2014, conditional in 2015

91. Southendzone says:

Finally it’s over. I’m sure Yak will come in and own up to being wrong on this one and we can move on.

92. I think Yanky is really Eric just trying to drum up more comments.

93. chuck_easton says:

94. bbnate420 says:

I’m guessing that the conditional in 2015 is a 4th at best. It’s official now, yankster. You were wrong. Watch and learn.

95. banosser says:

So.. ~ a 6th this yr and something equally as crappy 2 yrs from now.. Flynn must have threatened sitting if not moved.. cuz that is garbage compensation imo… If that is in deed the case.. enjoy your time in Oakland

96. bbnate420 says:

That’s an interesting theory about Eric being the Yankster. Maybe he’s the rest of the trolls too?

banosser, either that or they think he isn’t very good. There seems to an almost universally held belief on this blog that he is the best backup out there and would be a good starter. He’s hardly proven any of that on the field. The backup part is debatable. I have to move more to pabuwal’s position now that the Hawks took so little compensation for him. All the people that have intimate knowledge of Flynn don’t seem to be overly sold on him.

97. montanamike2 says:

We might have gotten something instead of nothing for outright releasing him. Obviously he’ll prove his worth but he was definitely overpaid as a backup.

98. bbnate420 says:

I don’t think they would’ve released him, unless he was a problem in the locker room. They save an extra 2 mil and get picks by trading him. It’s not nearly the same thing.

99. montanamike2 says:

Plus when has Oakland got the better end of a deal?

100. This front office can now go into the business of picking up journeyman QB’s for simply the cost of a contract, holding them for one year and flipping them for a 6th or 7th rounder after the one year is up.

101. montanamike2 says:

I think if he was on our roster this year we would also take a hit in ’15.

102. DreadHawks says:

@Okie not defending anyone! Re-read my post. Again who cares whos right or wrong! By the way been following since Sando. Can you say the same?

103. banosser says:

Well.. it is what it is… I pretty much trust PC/JS.. so I’ll be happy and look forward to their next move.. Guess I have to root for Flynn to start for at least 2 yrs in Oaktown.. so that 2015 is as high a pick as possible

104. “I’m actually not happy with the Trade. Happy for Flynn to get a shot but I thought the team really would be better off keeping him instead of giving him away for a 2014 5th and a 5-7 in 2015.”

Kind of agree with you here. That’s not much in return for what I’d assumed was a reliable back-up QB. Maybe I’m overestimating Flynn’s skillset. I guess it’s more a $ thing than anything else, but didn’t think that was our owner’s chief concern this year.

105. bbnate420 says:

Who cares how long you and hawkfaninok have been reading this blog? Why does that matter anymore than who’s right and who’s wrong? It’s be one thing if yankster had simply made a prediction, but he had to be an arrogant ass about it. That’s why he’s getting what he deserves. You might never hear from him again now, so you may get your wish.

montana, the Hawks would’ve had 1/3 of Flynn’s signing bonus, 2 mil, count against the 2014 cap if they kept him in 2013. They wouldn’t have actually had to pay him anymore money in 2014 and he would be off the books in 2015 regardless.

106. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

been here since 04 dread so yes i can say that. an unlike yankinta i can back it up in the archives. funny thing is if you have been here that long why do you not know i have been? beside the point if you read the posts then you know why we are gloating. gives us a day or two it will get old. i am not looking to pick a fight. but if anyone ever deserved to be called on the carpet it’s this guy.

107. No way its Bobbyk, CDHawk. I dont buy it. He got his ya ya’s out with the T-Jack hate, and is back to being cool.

Not sure if its ACIB/EllPerroGrandeDos’s ghost, this troll seems too young; a pimply bespectacled teen-age compu-nerd hacking in his parents basement in between Bruce Lee movies seems more likely. But I could see it.

108. montanamike2 says:

Back up what STTBM says 100%, i know that makes me a suck up.

109. I think its a shame we never got to see what Flynn could do. There is no definitive proof out there that he is or is not a potential starting qb, just the circumstantial evidence that no one except the Raiders really sees him as a starter. If he was viewed as a legit starter, someone would have ponied up more than the proverbial bag-chips the Raiders coughed up for him.

Of course, that doesnt mean he wont be a good player. But I think its safe to say he wasnt viewed as highly outside Seattle as he was by us fans, and that Seattle figured something is better than nothing.

For his sake, IM glad he gets a shot at a starting job. Too bad its for the Raiders, who suck, but at least he can enjoy the weather!

Im not gonna freak about not having a backup. I will trust our FO to fix that problem, though the whole Clipboard Jesus thing doesnt exactly show them to be geniuses at figuring out qb talent/skill level…

110. bag-o-chips

111. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

it’s not bobby, this guy posts under many names would be my guess. it’s also a regular fringe guy that posts and when challenged pulls out the trolls to play.

bobby will go toe to toe with you he doesn’t hide behind alternate names. i have mixed it up on here many times in last 9 years with bobby.

112. DreadHawks says:

@Okie, remember some names more than others, I blame the 80’s for that. Pay more attention to some posters as opposed to others. For me I’m here to keep abreast of my Hawks as well as learn some things. Loved it under Sando left it when that forgettable guy took over and got back into it when EW took over.No hard feelings here…..Go Hawks!!

113. doubledink says:

IMO the Harvin, Avril & Bennett deals put the pressure on the FO to move Flynn for cap reasons. That lowered their bargaining leverage. They need to do an extension on one of the veterans this year, probably Earl or Kam and Flynn’s contract prevented that.

114. grizindabox24 says:

I think Flynn and a lack of interest lowered the leverage the Hawks front office had in any deal, not the addition of Harvin, Avril, and Bennett.

115. CDHawkFan says:

I still think its someone who posts here often, lives on this blog and wants to stir it up and take on a different tone than their normal handle. Do you disagree that its a regular poster? I guess so, to think that this is some kid in a basement because of the writing, can’t that be part of the show to throw you off? I am not sure how some kid would live on the seahawks blog, respond within minutes of a post, understand a fair amount about the NFL and talent, etc, also kids have other stuff going on at that age.

Unless Eric can come back with some information of the IP address I will believe its a regular and yes I do think its Bobby, sure he asked for Eric to track the person a few weeks ago, but I am still not buying it and think that is just another way to ‘throw us’. The hate, passion, and condescending tone that Bobby writes with seems to come out in these other names, he uses some of the same strange wording (Durr), Bobby has stated he doesn’t like the ALL CAPS that others write with, but ACIB uses them, he commented on not liking the smiley faces someone was using, but then Yankster was using them, these handles along with Bobby post back and forth often trying to ‘throw you’ off. And he disappers at times, even causing a few people recently to start asking for Bobby, but there were plenty of ACIB or Yankster comments at that time. It all fits with getting under people skins.

I know Duke has said no way, but then said part of his reason was because Bobby has been a part of this blog for so long…well we have seen this for so long with the many names so I say why not. And if you agree with me that it is someone that is commonly on here, a regular, then who writes with the same tone and commitment, who loved Flynn more than anyone and believes he is worth more than he is, who hated Timmy and his last #1 pick with so much passion?

And again, if its someone who lives on this blog, who out of the group is capable of writing such antagonistic comments, who has it in them to be a ‘fan’ but come after so many other fans and bait them in, I think its someone with a nasty and darker side;

I’m just thankful that T-Joke/Junk/Loser/Moron/WorthlessPileOfCrapWithFeet, etc… isn’t in Seattle anymore…
    I’d gladly take our current situation (where I like ***TWO*** QBs) over last year where I despised ALL of our “QBs.”

There is more of that on here and I think there is only one person ACIB, Yankster can be. Go ahead and stick up for him he is a big Hawks fan, say you feel sorry for me and all, but I have my reasons and I am not the only one who thinks this way.

I just wish the person would knock it off and quit screwing with some of the other posters. Mostly because I see them trying to piss people off on purpose, an ‘I am better/smarter than you’ or ‘I wish I could see the positives that you see after a loss or season, but I can’t so really I’m not as dumb as you and I am a bigger fan’.

116. tchristensen says:

whether it’s ACIB or Yankster, don’t they have a right to express their opinion? People shouldn’t let them/him get their goat.

117. CDHawkFan says:

Agree TC, people shouldn’t let them get their goat, but its hard when someone is purposely trying to get under your skin and will take any stance and arguement to stir the pot. If it was 1 person doing all of these opinions, would you be okay with what they are doing?

118. SandpointHawk says:

I know BobbyK, it’s not BobbyK… I’ll stake my posting rights on that.

119. Regarding Bradshaw’s IQ, he has said numerous times that he was the last QB to call all his own plays. He also pointed out there were only 4 of them. As for Leinert , he may be a good stopgap. The USC QB’ s have not been successful lately in the NFL because they were not key to the Trojan’s success. That was due to their defense and running game…just as PC was building the Hawks until RW came on. Yes Schneider said he wants a “similar skillset” to RW, but that is to be taken with a grain of salt.

120. Eric – Is there a way to track where it’s coming from? I’m really not kidding and would “owe you” if you could at least get an area of the country where it’s coming from. In all seriousness, I’ll donate TNT a check for $100 to clear this crap up. You have my word. The only thing one really has in life if their name and reputation. Although I’m not perfect, I don’t hide behind a different name. At least most here are smart enough to know it.