Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner looking forward to “smacking around” Washington Redskins receiver Santana Moss

Post by Eric Williams on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:22 am with 31 Comments »
January 6, 2013 11:56 am
FedEx Field,home of the Washington Redsksins. (TNT photo/Eric D. Williams)

Greetings from FedEx Field here in the nation’s capital. Someone in the comments section in a previous post asked me if I’m more excited about this game, or is it just another Sunday at a nondescript NFL stadium.

And to be honest, today does feel different. There’s a lot of buzz here in the press box, with several national writers at the stadium to watch the much-anticipated match-up between Robert Griffin III and Russell Wilson.

So yes, today is different. And hopefully it lives up to build up for this afternoon’s game.

Speaking of build up, I wanted to direct you to Michael Irvin of the NFL Network’s interview with Seattle cornerbacks Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner. Check out the video here.

Some notable quotes:

Richard Sherman on if the two are the best cornerback tandem in the NFL:“We’re the best defensive backs. It’d be hard to make the argument for anybody else because the way we play ball and the way we play together, there aren’t many completions out there to be had.”

Sherman and Browner on facing Washington receivers Santana Moss and Pierre Garcon.

Sherman: “I don’t think they’re anything that we can’t handle.”

Browner: “We played against Santana Moss last year. He did a little bit of talking, but he got smacked around a couple times. If that’s where he wants to take it, we’ll take it to smacking him around a couple times.”

Sherman: “We’re a bunch of nobodies, but we’re nobodies that you ain’t throwing the ball on.”

Game coverage

Eric, my man! The energy has to be greater and more exciting there than ’10 against the Saints. It bet it’s a great place to be this afternoon. Enjoy it.

That Irvin piece fired me up to no end.

2. SandpointHawk says:

Thanks Eric, I missed this interview earlier. Enjoy the experience. If those national hotshots give you any trouble, just smack em around a little.

3. I really don’t know what I want from this game, other than a W. On one hand, the two games yesterday were pretty dull, and so far the Colts – Ravens game hasn’t been that exciting either, so I really want this game to come down to the final drive. On the other hand, I want the Seahawks to get an easy victory, because my nerves can’t handle tight games, lol.

Lol. I love fantastic finishes as much as anyone, but I’ll take a Seahawks blowout every time. Especially today.

5. RDPoulsbo says:

I want too see RG3 throw multiple picks and lose some fumbles. Make the AP writers who voted him ROY to eat their words.

I’m actually enjoying the Indy / Balt game, aside from the fact it’s being horrifically officiated. As bad as any replacement ref game from earlier in the season.

7. thursday says:

I saw the Redskins beat reporter last night on Fox and he actually gave the Seahawks the edge in this. I kinda have the feeling this may not be the grinder everyone’s expecting, especially if we start fast and shut them down early.

8. RDPoulsbo says:

It’s Carey’s crew, what do you expect? They are the worst ones, but people like them for some reason.

I want a beat down. No more hearing about how the Hawks can’t win on the road.

9. Ravens – Colts game picked up late in the 2nd and so far it’s stayed that way, enjoying it a lot more now.

RD – I think people like Carey because his calls are so demonstrative. It *looks* like he’s always making the correct call.

11. montanamike2 says:

How many beat downs on the road until we’ve broken that curse?

12. thursday says:

i’m watching the ravens game and am enjoying it…possibly because i like the ravens lol

13. nmseafan says:

I see a big game from Baldwin, McCoy, Robinson and Lynch.

14. Just win this one and it’s over.

montanamike2 – 3 more in a row does it for me. lol!

16. montanamike2 says:

Guys i’m off to meet the crew. Good luck and party hard if we win.
    If i’m too wasted you won’t hear from me until tommorow. I hope we crush them.

Enjoy and if you are “too wasted” please come back today. lol

Screw it! I’m going to drink! It’s the only way to calm me down.

I started hours ago…

20. I’ll be off to the bar again too. I wish Dish and NW broadcasting would end their holdout!

21. 3 wins sounds about right to me, but 4 would be downright perfect.

22. It looks like we’ll have to play at 10 am in Atlanta if we win today. (WHEN we win today)

23. BBQ ordered. Saw three ‘Hawk fans at rei in Bend yesterday. 6 kinds of jacked up right now.

That Irvin interview was priceless.

Enjoy the game ladies and gents!!!!!

Cornutt – Bend… I want to move there. If work weren’t an issue I’d be there.

25. I’m getting pretty worn out on that “Very Superstitious” song from those Bud Light commercials.

Anybody here actually have any game-day superstitions?

26. RDPoulsbo says:

At a Seahawks bar in DC. I came very close to buying some tickets to the game but decided I’d prefer the bar scene today.

27. Seahawks…by more than 3 please!

28. Vegas56 says:

Making tacos…authentic ones…and comfortable in front of my big flat screen and surround sound, just saw Baltimore finish ‘em off.

29. Only one superstition perhaps: Seems like every game I attend in person is a win, going back to the Oakland Raider rivalry games. You all should sponsor my away game attendance this post-season, hehe. Sure wish we had some homegame possibility still, I could probably afford to make it to one of those. Considering how excellent we perform at home, should help them fight harder next year for some homefield advantage. We don’t just have loud fans, we have smart fans… truly know WHEN to get loud.

Any word on how many tickets DangeRuss bought for his Richmond, VA contingency?

30. Cornutt says:

Duke: amazes me how many ‘Hawks fans there are in Bend. You’d have a built-in brother(& sister)hood for sure! But yeah, finding reasonable paying work is very tough here. That and housing is tough too…otherwise, it’s the perfect place to live, man.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!

31. sluggo42 says:

Drinking blue moons with orange slices down here in SoCal, and in honor of Seattle, will be having BBQ stuffed salmon filets for supper…
    Hyped and way to jacked up..full gear on. Got my Seahawks logo light ready to go. Same as the batman lite when Gotham is in trouble up in the clouds, but with a Seahawks logo instead… A little smaller in scale too, great for the ceiling in the bar… Then I can scream Kaaaaaaa, Kaaaaaaa! When they do something cool, and dance the logo all over the bar… It’s sweet.

War Hawks…
    Uma mappa kill kill kill