Chancellor, Rice, Bryant and Trufant miss practice again

Post by Eric Williams on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:15 pm with 20 Comments »
December 13, 2012 4:15 pm

For a second straight day, receiver Sidney Rice (foot), safety Kam Chancellor (groin), Marcus Trufant (hamstring) and Red Bryant (foot) did not practice, as the team worked outside this afternoon.

Although he did not practice, Rice was out of his walking boot and moving around today.

A limited participant in practice on Wednesday, cornerback Walter Thurmond (hamstring) did not practice today, and potentially could be out for Sunday’s game against Buffalo.

Running back Marshawn Lynch (back) was limited for a second straight day, and receiver Charly Martin (calf) was a limited participant in practice.

For Buffalo, linebacker Nick Barnett (knee), running back Fred Jackson (knee) and center Eric Wood (knee) did not practice for a second straight day.

Free safety Jairus Byrd (shin), defensive tackle Marcell Dareus (shoulder), defensive tackle Spencer Johnson (knee), cornerback Leodis McKelvin (groin), defensive tackle Kyle Williams (knee), defensive end Mark Anderson (knee), defensive back Ron Brooks (hip), tight end TE Scott Chandler (groin), offensive lineman Andy Levitre (knee), cornerback Justin Rogers (foot), tight end Lee Smith (knee), offensive guard Kraig Urbik (knee) and linebacker Chris White (thumb) were limited in practice.

Receiver Donald Jones (calf), safety Da’Norris Searcy (hand), running back C.J. Spiller (shoulder), cornerback Aaron Williams (knee) and defensive end Mario Williams (wrist) were full participants for a second straight day.

Notes from practice
  1. Wow, Rice is walking wounded and now his backup Charly Martin is hurting too? Not good at all. Tate better step up, and it looks like Seattle will need to rely heavily on Baldwin and the TE’s to step it up a notch. And the coaches will need to resist the temptation to keep handing the ball to Lynch for no gain like they did vs Miami…

Lynch will get his 22 carries for sure, but Seattle had better be effective at throwing the ball too, or this game wont go the way we all hope.

2. It’s a good thing Rice was still playing with the team up by 95 points in meaningless action (note sarcasm) late against the Cardinals.

3. freedom_X says:

Seattle doesn’t have many healthy receivers. If Seattle was actually going to try to give Matt Flynn realistic experience and snaps, they had to run their normal offense, not call 3 off-tackle dives and punt.

I haven’t seen any evidence that Rice hurt his foot plying the 4th quarter. He didn’t even know he was hurting until the day after the game. They could have pulled him in the 1st quarter and he’d still have the bad foot.

Often Lynch can be bottled up in the 1st half then break it open in the 2nd after he wears down the defense. That was key against Chicago, to cite the most recent instance. Miami was one of the very few instances where Lynch didn’t end up cracking the D for several major runs late after being contained.

Unless the team is down by 14 points at half, they need to continue to attempt to run the ball even if it’s not very productive. A running team has to run the ball, needless to say.

4. princeaden says:

Braylon Edwards may come in handy right about now.

BobbyK – You forgot that on top of it all, they sent him over the middle in said game. WTF?!

Time for my man Bates to step up!

7. VNHLNFAN says:

Turbin is due to break one. Seems like he’s one step away from taking it to the house. The x factor in this game for sure.

8. princeaden says:

Turbin on a wheel route or breaking free through the secondary is going to happen soon.

9. princeaden says:

I believe Turbin can grind through a defence ( a little tribute to chuck easton) as soon as he is given the ball with regularity.

princeaden – They’ve been so close to hitting that more than once now. I’d be surprised to see it Sunday (hopefully they won’t need it), but at the right time on the 23rd or in the playoffs (should they make it) would be awesome.

11. I’m not too concerned about whether the Patriots beat the Niners. If the Seahawks win three straight, they will be 11-5, a record none of us expected with a rookie QB. Also, if they go into the playoffs with a five-game winning streak, whether they’re home or away, no team is going to be eager to face them.

They probably won’t win more than one or two playoff games, but they’re getting some experience for next year, when they’ll be legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

12. FairbanksDoug says:

I am sorry to see that so many bloggers here won’t be subscribbing to the TNT online. I view it as just another step in the change from the printing press which I have not bought a newspaper for what seems to be ages to the on-line Internet system. I expect that every worker deserves his wages, and every service has its cost, I guess it’s time I might have to pay the cost of those that provide that service. I am not sure that advertising would work to pay the costs here, but in truth I appreciate that there is no advertising here as well. That said I will be content to pay subscription, just not sure I can get my wife to agree that I need this subscription to maintain my sanity. Well in any case I hope to see everyone negative Nannys, and the Polly Anna’s alike on the other side.

“When he had the chance he really locked in and became focused”

Good article on Smith today Eric.

I hope Malcolm siezes this opportunity and runs with it. And
    it seems like this team is getting younger by the week, and better too.

14. ryanryan says:

went away for a few days and came back to talk about paying to use this blog…can someone tell me where to find the information on that? Sorry for asking, but i don’t have the time to search.

Good to hear that Irvin is not only taking advantage of his opportunities on the field, but also off the field.

I couldn’t help myself with the links today, there is just so much good Seahawk news out there and this last one is my favorite.

What a draft this could turn out to be!

17. yellaman says:

Wow…. I can’t believe TNT is going to ask us to pay $9.95 a monthly to read news online. That is way too much for me so. I just want to say thanks to eric and the rest of the hawk fans on this site. Its been fun and maybe if things change i will be back. I will continue to be involved in hawks and hope for a superbowl victory sometime in the near future. Go Hawks

18. mojjonation says:

Bobby…did Seattle even cover the spread last Sunday?

Chancellor hurts people. Rice burns people. Bryant buries people. Trufant hurts us. Gotta give love to the local guy, but it might be time to hang up the cleats. Maybe coach at some point after giving his body the time to recover.