S Kam Chancellor will play vs. Niners

Post by Eric Williams on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:31 pm with 61 Comments »
October 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll told reporters after practice this afternoon that safety Kam Chancellor should be available for Thursday’s game at San Francisco, despite being limited during the short week of practice because of an ankle injury.

“He’s ready to go,” Carroll said.

Carroll said cornerback Byron Maxwell is doubtful because of a hamstring injury.

Defensive tackle Clinton McDonald is set to return this week after missing last week with a groin injury.

Both Chancellor and McDonald are listed as probable on the team’s injury report.

Offensive guard John Moffitt has been ruled out for a fourth straight week with a knee injury, but Carroll is hopeful the University of Wisconsin product can return for next week’s contest at Detroit.

Good news, not that I was terribly concerned. Big game, all hands on deck.

2. This is a good game for Kam to get his 1st INT of the year. His presence down in the box is also a very unwelcome sight to Frank Gore and co.. Kam is really piling up a lot of tackles so far, but it is only a matter of time before Wagner pulls ahead and establishes himself as this team’s leading tackler.

3. Man, I hope that ankle doesnt limit him much; we need Kam’s physical presence to put the hurt on the Niners early and often. Oh my God, I want to beat the Niners soooo bad!

I think I hate them with the same passion I reserved only for the Raiders in the eighties and early nineties.

Funny how the Niners only won SB’s with Mob Money and no salary cap…

4. gonefishin69690 says:

@SF….”Be afraid…be VERY afraid”

5. As somebody mentioned on a previous thread, How did the NYG contain Davis?

6. PugetHawk says:

Moffitt coming back will help in my opinion. McQuistan is a back-up at LG. Last week he let Brandon Spikes blow up Marshawn twice. He double teamed the end instead of realizing the blitz was coming and he is lucky Lynch is good enough not to fumble. I know his role at RG is not what he was playing in training camp but he’s been on a short leash along with Giacomini.
    Hopefully BamBam plays up to his normal caliber because they will need it. Rest before the Lions game should help a lot.

7. Interesting draft link from Sando: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/78476/playing-time-for-2012-nfc-west-draft-picks

We all know it looks like we’ve had a very solid draft this year. But check out SF’s draft results to date. I know they had fewer holes to fill than we did – but still, that’s not a way to maintain franchise strength . . . .

8. More so than any other game so far this year, this game can set the tone for the remainder of the season.

We win and we roll on with lots of energy and confidence as we head into a nice break before travelling to Detroit. We win and SF likely starts to have self doubts set in and they could come down to earth a bit more, and maybe Harmouth will shut up.

If we lose, SF will have their swagger back and could go on another roll of their own. It also means we’re back in the muddled-middle of our division and any possible playoff race.

Critical game.

9. Not to mention a loss means were 0 and 3 in our division.

Yup. Very critical game.

10. gonefishin69690 says:

Yup, playoff caliber type game Skavage.

11. gonefishin69690 says:

I guess the good news is, we have the remaining 3 of 6 divisional games all at home!

12. MEhawkfan says:

mocarob-

Davis was targeted 5 times and caught 3 balls for 37 yards. But I think maybe his limited production was more related to the pass rush the Giants put on Smith than their secondary containing him in some way. Smith was sacked 4 times and threw three picks.

13. sluggo42 says:

Hawks ranked #6

Obviously this is a very high quality site, they know their stuff!

14. Palerydr says:

Something I would like to see. Davis makes a catch a yard short of making a 1st down early in the game, Kam makes a driving tackle, legal of course, knocking Davis into Harbaugh who ends up on his keester giving him various aches and pains for the rest of the game. Mean spirited but enjoyable thought none the less.

15. gonefishin69690 says:

Hey sluggo, check out football outsiders. They have some really good info and I love the way they break down stats. They have the Hawks at #8 overall.

16. gonefishin69690 says:

One thing is for sure. The Hawks have put a great product out there this year, and have given all of us a reason to look forward to each game. In my opinion this team has exceeded my expectations. Wish I could say the same for that other Seattle based team that supposedly plays baseball. (lol?)

17. DanielleMND says:

I want this to be a win. I hate the 49ers and their arrogant coach.

18. yakimahawk says:

Eric,
    How bad was Harbaugh in your interview? It sounded like he was being a complete jerk…

19. SaigonSun says:

It is strange (to me) how things play out on the field. The two gimmie games we lost and the four I wasn’t so sure , we won. Go figure. At most optimistic I have had us @ 3 and 3. If we win tomorrow, we will be there at elite 5-2 for this season. WOW ! I am living a dream.
    GO SEAHAWKS !!!

I want us to win with a last minute TD pass from Wilson to Baldwin after a Sherman INT.
    That would be a great statement, ( from two former Stanford players ) and a great statement for the Seahawks overall that they have indeed arrived!

BTW- What rookie qb has the most come from behind victories in NFL history? RADEoN do you know?

21. bbnate420 says:

Georgia, wasn’t it Rick Mirer?? ;-)

I think you might be right bbnate420. Lol.

23. I want Seahawks to win 49-0. Maybe not too likely, but a Hawk fan can dream, no?

24. edstang45 says:

I’m really lookin forward to this game!!! I think we have a good shot at pulling off this win. When SF wins this year it’s because they run wild on the losing team. Can they run against our #1 against the rush defense. If not can we get into Alex’s face and disrupt the pass game, I don’t think Alex is as good when he doesn’t have a comfortable pocket to sit and survey. Big questions but if we can hold this to a lowerer scoring game I think it will play into our hands. having said this I don’t think this is a must win game for us, we have them later at our house. On the other hand I think it’s a must win for them, after last week and having to come to Seattle later, don’t they still have NE,GB, and Chicago?? So the pressure is on them to show they deserve the west, We will have to come with big energy and play very fast…..17-10 the good guys

edstang45- I think they already beat GB in GB this year, but they do have to go on the road against New England, and play us back here in Seattle.
    I agree that this would be much more devastating to the 49ers if they lost.
    Only 23 hours away.
    Go Hawks!!!

27. bbnate420 says:

Seems most people had a spitty week in the picks contest? I got 6 right. Woo hoo.

If you are going to San Francisco
    Be sure to wear a Flak Jacket there
    If you are going to San Francisco
    You are gonna meet some gentle people there. “Maybe not!”

For those who come to San Francisco
    Summertime will be a love-in there. “What does that Mean?”
    In the streets of San Francisco
    Gentle people with flowers in their hair. “Not anymore!”

All across the nation such a strange vibration. “That’s forsure!”
    People in motion. “Don’t want to go there.”
    There is a whole generation with a new explanation
    People in motion people in motion. “Not what I want to hear.”

For those who come to San Francisco
    Be sure to wear your Flak Jackets everywhere
    If you come to San Francisco
    Seahawks will sure to kick their A$$es there!
    If you come to San Francisco
    Seahawks will sure kick their A$$es there!

29. yakimahawk says:

@Georgia “Being new to the NFL ticket does anyone know if I will be able to get this Thursday night game? If not how do I get it? Thanks.

It is NFL Sunday Ticket and only on Sundays. This is shown on the NFL network though…

30. No, Sunday Ticket doesn’t give you access to NFL Network games.
    (as yakimahawk already alluded to)
    NFL Network is channel 212 on Directv.

The game vs the Pats was featured on NBC Sports Network tonight on Turning Point. It re-airs multiple times from now until saturday..
    Channel 603 on directv.

31. confucious says:

Channel 154 on dish. Free at the bar with libations as neccesary.

32. Ewalters7354 says:

I just read on Seahawks.com about Chris Clemons getting credited for sacking Cam Newton and Tom Brady which puts him at 7.What a joy to see.Hopefully it continues.

33. VNHLNFAN says:

25-9 Seattle

34. montanamike2 says:

Is 26-3 asking too much?

35. Georgia – if you get NFL ST through DirecTV, you get NFLN on Channel 212.

36. I do not care what the score is, as long as its a win, and a giant exclamation point is put on the win, whether its 3 forced turnovers, alex smith leaving the game, or a special teams play gone wrong ala the nfc championship… I want the niners to feel like pansies compared to this team. being demoralized by NYG and SEA in 2 weeks may ruin their season because of the dead psyche. I want blood. harbaugh is a douche nozzle and should be dealt with accordingly.

37. PostalBob says:

The Seahawks are on Kong 6 tonight for us locals without NFL Channel. I do believe what I am seeing, an improved football team every down and every game! What a performance against a highly rated team in the Pats. Our coaching staff did a great job of opening it up and I do think this is just the beginning! I want to call in sick and sit in front of the TV like a zombie until kickoff;-)

GO HAWKS!

Thanks for the NFL network info. Happy hour starts in 8 hours.

39. I am loathe to give DirecTV more money just to watch this game on the NFL Network but they sort of have me over a barrel. Either sign up for NFLN, or listen on the radio. Steve Raible is a good announcer though.

40. Pilot, did you here Raible last week, I think it was in the post game? Everyone was wearing pink and he mentioned that it is Breast Awarenes Week. After an akward pause he corrected himself Breast Cancer Awareness Week. LOL

The biggest concern I have for this game is that they’ll come out flat. Big win last week, short week, and travel, not a good recipe. Carroll will have to have them focused or it could be a long night.

42. sluggo42 says:

I doubt they come out flat, I’m hoping they don’t come out too excited. It can be bad either way. This might be an area where the RW influence comes into play, by helping the team to focus on what is real and important…

43. Southendzone says:

After tonight, October will be known as BEAST MODE awareness month.

44. We’ve always had that problem. But I think PC’s enthusiasum might make a difference these days. Also this game has been on everyone’s radar all year.

45. Yes month not week. Another game like the last one and it may be remembered as R Dub awareness month.

46. chrisj122 says:

I have major concerns about tonight’s game, for reasons already stated by others but if the Hawks can pull this out we will be in really good position.

If we lose it just means we have to run the table against divisional opponents at home, which I believe is doable.

47. gonefishin69690 says:

I love what RW posted on his FB page. A pic of them boarding the plane, with the caption “Going to San Francisco….business trip…GO HAWKS”

48. I think the big questions have to do with SF’s reaction to their last game. Yes they will be pissed. But how confident will their QB play be?

49. I can hear the soundtrack; Takin’ Care of Business!

50. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

i have much more anxiety going into this game than against new england. i actually thought we could beat brady and the pats. away game, short week and against a good D with a rookie QB. that said i think it is an insult we are 7 point dogs after the beat down the 9ers took from the giants.

51. I thought I heard that the points switched around.

52. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

last i heard it was still 9ers by 7

53. gonefishin69690 says:

Yep, 9ers by 7 across the board

54. I’d take us for sure with those points!

Hilton has it at Seattle +7.5, currently.

56. “What’s your deal?”

57. chrisj122 says:

If I was the gambler type I would definitively take the Hawks +7.5 points.

I could see the 9ers being 3-5 point favorites but not a TD+ some.

58. “What’s your deal?”

They should play that clip in the locker room before the game. Harbaugh may be my least favorite person in the NFL . . .