Greetings from Mile High Stadium

Post by Eric Williams on Aug. 18, 2012 at 5:06 pm with 11 Comments »
August 18, 2012 5:08 pm
Seattle Seahawks receiver Terrell Owens. (AP Photo/ Joe Mahoney)

Sorry, I refuse to call it Sports Authority Field. I’m also considering going back in history and just calling that football stadium in downtown Seattle, Seahawks Stadium.

I haven’t used it yet this year so here it goes — GET YOUR POPCORN READY — because we might be seeing a lot of Terrell Owens tonight.

Players not expected to play today for Seattle include quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, receiver Sidney Rice, running back Michael Robinson, cornerback Walter Thurmond, cornerback Ron Parker, defensive end Cordarro Law, linebacker Michael Morgan, linebacker Matt McCoy, linebacker Malcolm Smith, offensive lineman John Moffitt, offensive lineman James Carpenter, tight end Zach Miller, receiver Ben Obomanu and receiver Doug Baldwin.

With Rice, Obomanu and Baldwin out, Golden Tate and Deon Butler are your likely starters today. But you can bet we’ll see plenty of Owens with the starters in the opening quarter, as head coach Pete Carroll gets a look at how the 38-year-old receiver might fit in offensively.

With Robinson out, look for Vai Taua to get a run with the starters at fullback. Rookie J.R. Sweezy could get his first NFL start at right guard with Moffitt out. And look for Anthony McCoy to work as the Y tight end with Miller out.

Also, the Seahawks are wearing white jerseys with the blue, home pants. It actually doesn’t look that bad.

Game coverage
  1. Good call on the stadium names!

Looking forward to see if Eldorado can entertain us tonight! I got my popcorn ready.

What’s up with MRob, seemingly, never getting any action?

2. Metrohawk says:

I would personally love to see a Flynn to TO on a post pattern if the opportunity presents itself, just for the pure drama of it. It would hopefully quiet some of the naysayers who say he can’t throw deep and it would be fun to see if TO really still has it. Still think Edwards will be the better fit, but I don’t mind hedging my bet with TO. I would also like to see something from Lockette when things matter. And no serious injuries!

3. Looking thin at LB….

Eric, Good on you. It’s Mile High to me too. Forever. And you ought to call it Seahawk Stadium because that’s what it is.

5. PEARLJAM23 says:

It should be Seahawks Stadium!! Please continue to use the real name.

GO HAWKS!!

6. Typical T.O., dropped a perfect pass. Forget all the hype and cut him now. Braylon Edwards is a much better pass catcher.

7. Eldorado didn’t have a popcorn machine.

8. VNHLNFAN says:

That throw from Flynn to Owens was money! That drop was painfull..

9. DanielleMND says:

Where’s the pass rush?

And T-Jack is history.

10. crunchmeister says:

Overall I think the team looked good for game 2. Man, I saw alot of terrible football on NFL Network today… this was a well played game in comparison.

11. raymaines says:

“…we might be seeing a lot of Terrell Owens tonight.”

soup62 says “Typical T.O., dropped a perfect pass. Forget all the hype and cut him now…”

TO could still work it out, but it doesn’t look good right now. He’s never had really great hands and this doesn’t help the reputation.

No matter what else we talk about next week, I don’t want to hear about how MF can’t throw deep.