Lynch observed weaving from lane to lane, according to report

Post by Eric Williams on July 17, 2012 at 11:20 am with 85 Comments »
July 17, 2012 11:42 am

I have a little more information on the Marshawn Lynch situation in Oakland after making some calls this morning.

According to Officer Sam Morgan, the public information officer for the California High Patrol’s Oakland station, Lynch was spotted by a police officer travelling North on Interstate 880, driving a 2012 white Ford van about 3:20 a.m. Saturday morning.

According to the report, Lynch had difficulty maintaining his lane, and was observed weaving from lane to lane. Lynch was driving alone when the incident occurred. Lynch also had two near collisions with two other vehicles travelling within adjacent lanes, according to the officer observing his vehicle.

According to the report, Lynch exited the highway in Emeryville, and after submitting to a preliminary field sobriety test, officers determined that Lynch was impaired, and he was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.

Lynch was detained by police and transported to Alameda County Sheriffs department north county jail in Oakland.

Morgan indicated that Lynch was cooperative throughout the process.

“There was no sign of any combativeness or antagonism,” Morgan said. “He went with the program so to speak. He did his thing, we did our thing and everybody went home in one piece, so to speak.”

Once there, Morgan said that according to state law, Lynch was given the choice of three different methods to determine a person’s blood alcohol content level – blood, breath or urine. Lynch chose to take a breathalyzer test, and the test came back positive that his blood alcohol content level was over the state’s legal limit of 0.08.

I asked what Lynch’s blood alcohol content level was, and was told by Officer Morgan that the California Highway Patrol’s policy is not to release the specific blood alcohol content level reading.

According to Morgan, Lynch was booked into jail at about 5:15 a.m. He was later released.

The California Highway Patrol will submit its report to the Alameda County District Attorney’s office, which will then make the determination whether or not to press charges.

I contacted the district attorney’s office, and according to a person within that office they have not received the police report yet. Although unlikely, the district attorney’s office has up to a year to bring charges against Lynch.

Lynch has a pending court date of Aug. 14 in Alameda Superior Court, which would occur during Seahawks training camp.

In regards to a possible suspension, I’ve been told the league is aware of the incident and monitoring the situation.

Because it is Lynch’s third incident dating back to his time in Buffalo, there’s a chance he could be subject to a suspension based on the league’s personal-conduct policy, even if he is not charged.

Lynch already was suspended by the NFL for three games in 2009 after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor weapons charge.

However, the incident is Lynch’s first DUI offense, and typically league commissioner Roger Goodell does not suspend first-time offenders.

So there appears to be some leeway to how Goodell can handle the situation.

Legal system

Well, here’s hoping Goddell is in a benevolent mood whenever he rules.

Also, a van? He drives a van?

3. yellaman says:

I hope Turbin & Lumpkin are ready to go for a 4-6 game stretch this year as far as FFB goes Lynch has fallen in my draft board status.

4. Soggybuc says:

Maybe Rodger will be soft handed due to the flak and lawsuits from the Saints.

5. RDPoulsbo says:

A completely cynical look from the NFL’s point of view could go in Seattle’s favor. Week 2 is the league’s overrated darlings, the Cowboys and Week 3 is a nationally televised game against the Packers. Those have a potential to be highly viewed games, which equals more money for the league. Having these games become one sided affairs because of suspension isn’t good for business. I wouldn’t be surprised if any suspension was limited to 1 game.

6. Or that there is no ruling until after those games
    . . .

7. Soggybuc says:

RD I think you are spot on with that analysis. we should never forget that greed and business will trump morals every time.

8. A white van? Alone? 3:30AM? Lynch is freaking nuts. I love him, but you gotta take the good (BeastQuake) with the bad (DUI charge). Three steps forward, 2 steps back, maybe one step to the side, maybe a “Get Off Me” stiff arm? I’m just glad this fool didn’t hurt anybody.

9. As pointed out above, a few things in our favor here –

All our “big games” are front loaded on the schedule. This could delay a suspension until after there is a court ruling either way (something that Goodell wouldn’t really take heat over since it’s probably how things should be done anyway and there IS a precedent for waiting though he doesn’t have to).

This is the first “substance abuse” violation for Marshawn. Apparently he wasn’t drunk when he ran someone over in Buffalo! Yay!

Goodell has a lot on his plate right now. Lawsuits coming from all directions. This may be another reason that it gets put off until it goes through the court system. On the flip side however, he can’t appear to play favorites or go easy on anyone because that may have consequences of its own.

Lastly, if there are any free agents left worth noting, they are RB’s.

10. My guess is that if convicted of DUI (60% chance he does) he’ll get a 4 game suspension. I wonder when he’s due in court/The Roger’s office… glad I backed him up with Turbin in my fantasy league.

11. I think Goodell will not go easy on him because of what is going on with New Orleans. How will this affect our QB selection now? WE can not depend on the run game to carry a QB for a couple games. I think this my be bad for Wilson.

12. shoehawks says:

Bring on Cedric Benson.

13. The New Orleans situation is so fundamentally different than this one, I don’t see how they’re related. Has any player ever received an 8-game suspension for a DUI with no aggravating circumstances (i.e. it’s not like Lynch shoved a cop, etc)?

I’m guessing 2 games.

14. Hammajamma says:

If I’m Goodell I pop him regardless of how it plays out. Almost colliding with two adjacent vehicles on the freeway? This could have ended so much worse for him and others. Smart people make mistakes, dumb people don’t learn from them. I don’t care how well he plays or how cute his act is. He’s officially just another DF in a uniform now.

Now, will he respond like a man or will he go and hide for a while? I’ll give him
    24 hours to step up and account for that contract.

15. Doggone it! SORRY! I sure do like ML, but putting others’ lives at risk, as in this situation, is totally failed judgement! It’s not like he can’t avoid a situation like this financially! Most of us enjoy the brew, me included, but there is a point of responsibility, even more importantly for an athlete representing a franchise that is investing ‘millions’in them! If an accident, my wife, my son, daughter, self, parents or your’s, could be lost forever… A pro’s money should be able to avoid this…. Clearly, this always darken’s the franchise’s name also…. I say penalize strongly… This is a lucky result to a bad scenario…. no one hurt! “We’ll” survive…. People not taking responsibility is a part of our difficulties nowaday’s….

16. Palerydr says:

What a dumb ace! You know your team is counting on you you know you are a key part of the offense. You have some kind of a brain that should be able to let you know driving under the influence is wrong. You damn sure have enough money to call a cab or personal limo service. What kind of a(had to edit myself here, lots of bad words) are you????? xcman brought it up that rapistburger got suspended with out conviction and so will Lynch. If you think that suspension is less than 4 games you’re the CEO of happyland. Goddell isn’t gonna factor in our TV schedule in making a decision… really? I could see no ruling coming before those games due to nobody knows exactly what he’ll be charged with or when but to think that Goddell would base a decision on TV ratings isn’t something I would agree with.

17. He had a three game suspension last time, why now would he only get a two game suspension? The point of indiscipline is if you don’t get it the first time then the penalty increases and he definitely did not get it.

18. Soggybuc says:

This is going to sound crappy, and it is. but thank Dez Bryant for providing an example of worse behavior to coincide with the weekends news cycle

19. No one knows how bad he was driving, unless they got it on cop cam, the police’s word is shit, they 100% exaggerate, especially in dui incidents. Not condoning him (dudes rich, get a driver), but cops pull people over all the time randomly after dark for dui and if your black or have tinted windows, your pretty much stuck. So saying he was putting others lives in jepardy on the word of a cop is extreme. If there was a cop cam and it shows it to be true, then f him because that is f’ed up and he should be dealt with harshly.

20. Otherwise chill, let it play out

21. Clearly, ‘the Hawks’ will be hurt by all this, but, just as if ML were injured, unable to play, they obviously will move forward…. Game planning will be modified, for sure…. knowing this in advance, will provide a “game planning cushion” …. I really can’t wait to see Turbin have a solid pre-season… Despite liking(a lot) the Wagner & Wilson drafts, I really am excited about Turbin…. I believe, we have a coaching staff that will provide him with some great possibilities and he’ll go far beyond expectations…

22. grottowes says:

Dear M. Lynch: Do you need a driver? I am an unemployed Seahawk fan, and I would like to apply for the job. I am knowledgable on most football topics, I do not drink, and I have been told I am fun to be around, let me know, 10 bucks an hour seems reasonable to me.

23. I believe enough in Carroll and Schneider’s drafting to think we will be saying “Marshawn who” after we see Turbin play his first few games.

24. hawkfan777 says:

Grottowes,

Will you drive for me? 10 bucks an hour is pretty cheap.

25. Grottowes! AND for me? That $10 rate ain’t bad! Prob is, that I have to spend so much time in FL… Nope, can’t afford to get ya there…. and, bummer, no Hef to sip……. Just sayin’!!!
    ;-)

26. bird_spit says:

Right on TruBlu! Sorry to all of you cops, but really, every ticket I ever received had exaggeration. I was not smart enough then to fight every one of them with a good lawyer.

Looking at the mug shot, I’d say Mr lynch was in need of some shuteye. He has no excuse, because he can afford to tour the US in a yellow cab. That said, lawyer up, learn from it, preach it, and lets move on. (also teach up your replacement, suspension is coming).

27. He WAS in need of shut eye, BirdSpit. He had just come from a bowling event with his charity and had another charity function in the morning, which he showed up for.

People who are hoping Goodell punishes him hard are hypocrites. Is that what we do to people with substance abuse issues? If you got a DUI, would your employer suspend you from your janitorial duties? No, typically employers seek help for their employees and let the courts do the punishing.

Professional athlete or not, people have issues. We know nothing about his inner thoughts or feelings. Just like you cry yourself to sleep each night, he might do the same. Who knows. But it’s not our place to crucify him, especially without all the facts.

Maybe he only had a few and waited a while, thinking he was fine to drive. We still don’t know his BAC. Maybe the cop exaggerated to give probably cause for the stop. Obviously he wasn’t hammered into oblivion if he was coaching kids on a high school field just a few hours after the arrest.

28. “If I’m Goodell I pop him regardless of how it plays out. Almost colliding with two adjacent vehicles on the freeway? This could have ended so much worse for him and others. Smart people make mistakes, dumb people don’t learn from them.”

OK, but here’s the thing – we do have a legal system that is set up to deal with this stuff. It’s not like ML’s job (over which Goodell presides) is to drive a vehicle. I know the NFL is interested in protecting its image, and in its players setting an example, but the concept from our side that the NFL needs to punish him over and above what the law is going to do, doesn’t make sense to me.

Also, the other postings re what officers put in DUI reports have merit. I was a public defender for 5 years, and read hundreds of DUI police reports, not saying this one is false, but plenty of reports overstate the reasons for the stop such that a motion for lack of probable cause in making the stop becomes much more difficult to make.

29. Smart in football, dumb in lifeskills

I would be your designated driver for free drinks, however I don’t think that would work out very well.

31. He let us down, he let his team mates down right after he got paid, I don’t care what they do with him.

Why don’t FOs get smart and put into contracts that if convicted of a crime the contract is void! DUI is a crime and many folks get fired from there jobs if they are convicted. Why should an employer be responsible for the rehab of there employees? Especially if that employee has had a history of arrests.

33. Hammajamma says:

To all the defenders here, I get the impulse. We like him, want him to succeed for our entertainment, and we certainly want him to have due process. But he is getting suspended.

He’s getting popped because this is his 3rd time around the stupid tree. He did enough to get pulled over blew over the legal limit. And yes, I have fired guys over things like this. Maybe not for the first issue, or the DUI necessarily, or even the second time around. But eventually we have the “Dude, seriously” conversation.

Regardless, Marshawn has put himself back on the the radar after twice getting spanked. Though he may have found a new way of attracting negative attention, the fact is that the common denominator is him. No way around that.

34. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

welcome to over re-act tuesday. come on people he made a bad choice thats it people do it everyday. now i am not saying what he did was ok, what i am saying is most of you are being extremely hard on the guy. i am willing to give the guy a pass on this let the courts and the league decide his punishment. now if it happens again i am done with him but we all make mistakes lighten up people.

35. Palerydr says:

Right now he stands accused of a DUI he “works” for a company, the NFL, who’s CEO Roger Goddell has made it clear to all the employees of his company that this type of behaviour WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! There are plenty of companies that fire someone for a DUI if convicted, the postal service comes to mind. Yes they also make treatment available. The only people who are hypocrites IMO are the people who think he shouldn’t be punished both by the courts and the NFL again, if convicted.

36. Hammajamma says:

And let me add that when he comes back, I’ll cheer for him. Only it’ll be more for the uniform and less for him now. He can win me back depending on how he handles this going forward.

Well, at least he didn’t assault his own mother!

Seems like every off season we are hit with many players being arested for one reason or another.
    Perhaps they just have too much time off?

I know, put them all in prison in the off season,( so they won’t hurt anyone or themselves). Then let them out when training camp opens. once their season ends, put them back in prison.

arrested!

39. nidhighe says:

DUI is a serious matter. Lives could have easily been destroyed or at least changed for the worse. Dude’s a multimillionaire. Call a cab or hire a limo for the night.

–Danielle

Could it be that losing his, (on the straight and narrow running mate and friend) is now manifesting itself?

He was playing it safe when the little guy was here!

That is one of the reasons why I didn’t want to see Forsett go. His value to the team with just him helping keep Lynch in check trumped all that Washington had over him, which wasn’t all that much!

Forsett was a glue player! Just like Big Red, and OBO. You can only have so many athletic freaks, ( see Irvin ), on a team, imo, with the need of having some glue players to help keep them in check.

I don’t care if the glue players play much at all. They are needed regardless!

41. I thought when he came here it was “His Chance”he did well we paid him and he blew it. Where is the press release apologizing to the fans?

42. Hammajamma says:

Georgia, that’s an interesting premise. On a similar theme, maybe he should stay away from the too familiar streets of Oaktown.

43. Not sure how this will all roll out but according to PFT a DUI falls under the “Subtance Abuse” portion of the CBA and not the “Personal Conduct”. And as such it doesn’t necessarily constitute another strike against him. So a suspension may not be in the future.

That said, it was a STUPID act on Lynch’s part. No excsue AT ALL in this day and age to drink and drive.

Too bad contracts can’t state that anytime an NFL player steps into an establishment that serves alcohol they have to surrender their car keys at the door.

44. Through all of this we should thank God nobody got seriously hurt or killed.

45. When I first heard this news, I thought my head was going to explode. Having Marshawn get suspended multiple games to start the season is the absolute last thing this team needed. The last thing they are prepared to overcome. But after a little time to digest this news, and realizing he might get lucky with a suspension of just a game or two, all I can say is…

Robert Turbin, grab your helmet. You’re in, kid.

46. bbnate420 says:

A number of points.

Georgia, I tink linking this to Forsett’s departure is an incredible reach. Interesting but, purely unprovable speculation.

TruBlu, thank you for your comments. It’s pretty sad to me how few people here apparently believe in DUE PROCESS and letting the FACTS come in before forming an opinion.

If people really think that just because a cop puts something in their report that it means it actually happened that way, then you are truly NAIVE. I respect the job that cops have to do but, they are fallible humans and there are systemic inaccuracies that are part and parcel of their job. I guarantee the cop said in his report that he smelled alcohol on his breath. They ALWAYS do. They think it helps their case. The FACT is that ethyl alcohol is ODORLESS. You smell whatever the alcohol is mixed with, i.e. hops, barley, distilled corn.

Eric gave some interesting facts that change the original story a bit. The original story seemed to indicate that he had taken a blood test. The information here is that he took a breathalyzer. Lay people conflate a breathalyzer result with the blood alcohol content. That is what is happening here. They ARE NOT the same. A breathalyzer gives an INDICATION of blood alcohol content. There are many issues with accurately linking a breathalyzer result to blood alcohol content from person to person. That is why the DUI laws in states have been rewritten to make it illegal to have a breathalyzer READING over .08, NOT just a blood alcohol content over .08. If I recall correctly that is the reason it is called DUI, driving under the influence, rather than DWI, driving while intoxicated, nowadays. The fact that it was a breathalyzer reading will make it easier for Lynch’s lawyer to call it into question as opposed to a blood test. Breathalyzer results are less accurate and easier to get thrown out. If you get pulled over and truly believe that you are not over the limit then you should request a blood test as they are more accurate.

I am not trying to defend driving while impaired here. Just defending restraint, logic, and due process. If he truly was impaired then he made an incredibly stupid mistake as he can more than afford a driver, as has been pointed out. I would caution though, I would bet dollars to dimes that the majority of posters here could have gotten a DUI at some point in their life if pulled over at the wrong time.

47. FleaFlicker says:

Only three and half weeks until preseason starts. Then we can talk about actual football.

48. bbnate420 says:

P.S. With respect to ethyl alcohol having no smell, your breath would smell the same if you drank something like O’Doul’s with very little alcohol in it as it would if you were drinking regular beer. Case in point, Sprite, Ginger Ale, and certain Lemonades sold can actually have up to 0.5 % ethyl alcohol in them, the same as “non-alcoholic” beer. But no one would think you would have been drinking alcohol if you drank a bunch of Sprite. Google it if you don’t believe me.

The field sobriety tests don’t really mean a thing either. This case will come down to whether or not Lynch’s lawyer can get the breathalyzer result thrown out or the whole thing thrown out on a procedural error. Bank on it!

Reach? Could be, however the bigger point I was trying to make was that I hope Carroll and crew doesn’t get so obsessed, ( like the Eagles and Jets, ) with bringing in physical freaks with dinosaur brains and not balance it out with some smart glue players like Baldwin.

Baldwin! ( A breath of fresh air!) So glad we have him!

50. seahawk44 says:

Carson ….well said

Whether he gets convicted or not, it doesn’t change the fact that he has a Dinosaur brain!

Yea, I know, with some players we have to deal with the Ying and the Yang unfortunatly, however we have a young team and the last thing I want to see is this team turn into something like the Jets or the Eagles!

Come to think of it, no matter how many games he plays or how well he plays it still means little to this teams success if we don’t get good qb play this year.

Really, it just shows how bad our qb and wrs have been when the talk of our best player on offense has been a rb, and that most of our success depends on him.

OK, now I feel better! Lol. And go Turbin!!!

52. HeinieHunter says:

Hey, what’s the big deal? It’s not like he killed anyone while driving drunk. Even if he had it probably wouldn’t be anyone we actually knew personally. He needs to work his law team and just buy his way out of this. It ain’t that hard. He’s NEVER driven intoxicated before cuz his record says so. The other legal problem was with a gun…totally unrelated. I mean the important thing is that he be allowed to play cuz we need him to win games for us. Come on, give him another chance. What’s the worst thing that could happen? He crashes and kills a family or something?

53. Over on pft.com they are reporting That his DUI would fall under the substance abuse policy and not personal conduct policy. And that the player could only be fined for a first time offense. But if the league were to find that there were “aggravating circumstances” they mite impose a suspension. I don’t know the cba. Just thought it would be some decent info on the situation.

Seahawk44 and Carson- Why don’t you step up and pay his legal fees if you really care so much?
    And why don’t you step up and pay his medical and counseling bills to while you are at it, so he can get back on the field fast and physically beat on or get beat on for your enjoyment in this brutal sport that we all love called football!

And remember that opinions and debates as well as facts are what keeps blogs like this alive.
    Eric nows this well. Why do you think that it seems like every other thread is about our qb situation?

55. nighthawk2 says:

“believe enough in Carroll and Schneider’s drafting”

Almost blew coffee out of my nose reading that. The Seahawks 2012 draft is without question the worst in franchise history. Might be the worst in NFL history. There were so many reaches that Carroll and Schneider are in shape to be stocking the top shelves at the supermarket, which is where they’ll be after they get fired next January for going 5-11. Especially if T-Joke plays.

Gee, it’s a good thing the Seahawks didn’t do something stupid like give this guy a lot of money and build their offense around him.

56. bbnate420 says:

nighthawk2, glad to see you took the time to crawl out from under your bridge! ;-)

Georgia, it’s clear from this blog that you enjoy your beer, as do I. You’ve never got behind the wheel after downing a few? Just asking, not trying to be a jerk.

HeinieHunter, here’s to hoping you’re never picked for a jury. I guess we should just convict him because the cop thinks he did it. Judge Dredd sounds good to me. And I’m sure you’ve never raped a dog “cuz your record says so”! You could extent that asinine logic to ANY THING AND ANYONE! You obviously need to hate on Lynch, and the “rich and famous”, because it helps you feel better about yourself. You don’t have to tear others down in order to build your own self-esteem.

57. bbnate420 says:

Where’s BobbyK? Do we need to put him on suicide watch?

58. I ‘m here. Just busy on the road. Situation sux. Cannot type fast on this thing…

59. HeliJoe86 says:

I very rarely comment on here but read the posts everyday. I am reading through some of these comments and have to add my two cents. Before saying anything I fully understand lynch has not been convicted. With that being said my post is intended toward everyone saying people are overreacting and its only his first dui, if convicted of course. I’m a pilot and guess what if I get a single dui the FAA takes my license and my career is over. Do you think I ever drive drunk? And this is coming from someone who loves beer and routinely goes out for beers.

Why should football players or anyone else be treated differently? The laws are way to relaxed so people drink and drive without fearing consequence. Lynch has plenty of money. Even if he didn’t plan on drinking driving never should even have been an option! besides he is in public spotlight and a role model for many young players. If convicted he deserves a suspension. Just because that hurts the seahawks shouldn’t be a reason to argue the guys case!

60. bbnate420 says:

HeliJoe86, I respect your opinion but, the difference is that your job involves operating a vehicle. The same goes for a truck driver, firefighter, or EMT. All of their jobs are affected if they get driving infractions. Lynch’s job doesn’t involve driving. That’s the difference. That doesn’t mean he should drive drunk but, I think it should be handled by the legal system. A cook doesn’t get fired if he gets a DUI!

61. bbnate420 says:

“The video is out. This is why they pulled marshawn over.

I recommend everyone take a breath, and wait the justice system”

Just wanted to repost this as I found it amusing and it may lighten the mood a little.

62. bbnate420 says:

*posted by bird_spit

63. Drop him like a bad habit, three strikes and you are out.

64. HeliJoe86 says:

Bbnate
    You are 100% correct on the different jobs. I guess what i’m trying to say is we as a society shouldn’t treat it any different. If this wasn’t thought of as no big deal cause he doesn’t drive for a living things would be different. I think being in the public eye and a role model is even more important reason to behave. Driving a car in no way affects my flying abilities. Its being responsible that is what matter.

65. HeliJoe86 says:

I recommend everyone take a breath, and wait the justice system”

couldn’t agree more. My comments are for people defending drunk driving more than anything by saying its only the first time.

66. He must drive like he runs.

67. JMSeaTown says:

Turbin Time! Can’t wait to see what this guy can do.

68. bbnate420, dude, that is probably the funniest thing I’ve seen all month, shit. Anyways, let it play out. I personally think that what you do on your own time shouldn’t effect what you do on your employers time unless you actually hurt someone or cause property damage. Unfortunately all DUI’s are treated equally which is bullshit. If a person gets pulled over because they look suspescious or their license plate lamp is out or they don’t have mud flaps should not be treated the same as reckless driving, driving in the wrong lane or driving with no head lights, but unfortunately they are all treated the same with the same consequenses. It’s all a what if sanario. What if he killed someone, what if I won the lottery, what if that convicted child molester reoffends (no one thinks of that shit when they are released). Shit is all speclatory. Let it play out, then cast judgement.

69. SandpointHawk says:
  70. nidhighe says:

At this rate, Ruskell will finish his career as a ball boy.

–Danielle

71. bbnate420 says:

The prodigious fall of Numbskull! I wouldn’t even hire him to handle the balls.

72. mrtoad64 says:

I’m with Duke. A van? Possibly…a 1979 Ford Econoline E-250? That is not “beast mode.” But wait! Perhaps it had the reclining seats, and the curtains, and the little disco lights in back, and (please, please) the Frazetta…

73. It was a 2012, silly as it may be, but you can pimp that out and ride pretty lavishly. I would roll with a old school bronco or blazer myself though.

This may be the best thing to happen for the Seahawks moving forward.
    If we don’t have much of a running game for awhile than perhaps our qb situation will clear up faster.
    Personally I would like to see which qb can handle it better. And perhaps now the FO will re-think putting the run game at a higher importance over the passing game, like the successful teams in the NFL.

75. montanamike2 says:

I remember about 4-5 weeks ago saying that JForce was necessary to keep Lynch im line and you guys jumped me like a red headed stepchild.
    (My brother actually was a red headed step child) and he got treated bad by the man i used to call dad. Georgiahawk has a point. If our franchise player needs a glorified baby sitter, get him one. Turbin was brought in to complment Lynch not replace him. Maybe one of the promising youngsters will show up for a game or two. I’ll be mega pissed if Turbin gets hurt early or maybe he turns heads like AP did in Minnesota. Just sayin’

So far something like 28 arressts this off season in the NFL.

The games can’t get here soon enough!!!

77. montanamike2 says:

For a team made up of mostly criminal history players, we don’t have very many legal problems.

Georgia – I see you working there, and it’s not a bad spin. But this is not good, let alone the best thing, for the Hawks. Cable / Carroll aren’t going to shelv running the ball, for good or ill.

He only had a week and a half until camp started… So close.

79. If his contract is voided as a result. That’s one expensive DUI.

Next time call cab.

80. bbnate420 says:

The Forsett thing again is just unprovable speculation. It’s the offseason. What proves that Forsett would’ve been there to babysit him even if he was still on the team?

The Lynch contract may NOT be voidable. From the way I read it, the guaranteed money is only voidable if he is SUSPENDED for conduct or substance abuse. If as PFT seems to think this falls under the substance abuse program then he could vary well not be suspended. If this is under the substance abuse policy and separate from the conduct policy he can only receive a fine for his first offense. May come down to another fight between the NFLPA and Reichsfuhrer Goodell.

81. bbnate420 says:

Hope Florio is right. Even if Lynch gets convicted, I don’t personally think he should be suspended this time. He will be forced to at least get a drug and alcohol evaluation and take part in treatment if so ordered. Hopefully he learns from this and just gets a driver in the future if he’s going to go out and drink regardless of whether he was actually over the limit or not. He can afford it and it just seems smart to me. If he goes out and gets a 2nd one, the book will be thrown at him by Goodell I’m sure.

82. bbnate420 says:

*regardless if he was actually over the limit when arrested I mean.

83. Voidable contract? Hmm.

Mike Williams’s contract also included a weight clause.
    BMW’s face was round like the moon on MikeRob’s recent video.