Morning links: Suggs gives props to 12th man

Post by Eric Williams on July 13, 2012 at 11:06 am with 10 Comments »
July 13, 2012 11:06 am

In the latest installment of the Real Robinson Report, Seattle Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson takes to the red carpet at ESPN’s ESPYs award show in Los Angeles, talking to several NFL players like Vernon Davis, Vince Young and RGIII. Baltimore defensive end Terrell Suggs. The talented pass rusher is 0-2 in games at Seattle, but likes playing in the hostile environment of CenturyLink Field.

“It’s really hard to play out there, but it’s fun,” Suggs said. “That’s what the game’s all about – how electric you all’s stadium is. I love going to play against the Seahawks.”

Check out the video above.

I talked with Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com about all of the major offseason issues regarding the Seattle Seahawks, including the quarterback competition, Mike Williams and Chris Clemons’ contract situation. Check out video below.

Kurt Warner, Warren Sapp and Greg Jennings join the NFL Network to discuss Seattle’s three-way battle at quarterback in this video link.

Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times thinks that Deon Butler has some staying power, and expects the diminutive receiver to be part of Seattle’s final roster in 2012. I agree with Danny’s assessment.

Clare Farnsworth of Seahawks.com reviews the receiver group.

Former NFL personnel man Tony Softli joined ESPN 710 Seattle’s Bob Stelton and Dave Grosby. ESPN’s Brady Henderson provides details of Softli’s conversation here, including the nugget that he believes Russell Wilson throws a better ball than Drew Brees, and will eventually be Seattle’s starting quarterback.

KJR’s Dave Mahler talks with Seattle receiver Golden Tate in this audio link.

Jack Bechta of the National Football Post adds three more things to his top 10 list of mistakes NFL players makes with their money.

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports picks the Rams as one of his surprise teams in 2012, and expects Sam Bradford to rebound in his third season.

Morning links
  1. seahawk44 says:

Eric, I too agree with O’Neil and yourself that Deon Butler will be one of the receivers on the final roster. It makes me crazy to constantly read discussions about that WR group on this blog, and not even hear his name mentioned. The guy was starting to really come on in 2010, and he caught that TD pass on the play when his leg was broken. I’m really rooting for the guy.

2. Ewalters7354 says:

Russell Wilson is such a stud!Just his personality and the way he carries himself are elite qualities.Not to mention the guys can avoid pressure and absolutely fling it.I also love Matt Flynn.One guy said it best.If you have great anticipation and can get rid of the ball quickly arm strength doesn’t mean much.Also I want to note that LSU loves to throw the ball down field.Flynn has great accuracy and puts the ball on the money.I believe the Hawks need some fun in their offense and T-Jack does not give them that.I heard reports a few years ago that Matt Flynn’s personality is similar to Brett Farve.So I believe that the Hawks offense will be fun to watch this season as they continue to make strides.I’m all in!

3. I like Butler and am rooting for him. If we are looking for the best players for 2012, I think he’d help more than Lockette. I just think Lockette may have a beat on him b/c of the longer term potential. It’ll be an interesting battle (WR), that’s for sure.

4. bbnate420 says:

I just don’t see a spot for Butler on the roster unless they cut BMW. He doesn’t contribute on special teams like Obo.

5. bbnate420 says:

Even if they cut BMW, he will have to beat out Obo, Durham, or Lockette. I don’t see him doing it unless one of them is injured. Lockette has the size, speed, and potential on him. Durham has the size and he was drafted by this regime. They already have 2 small receivers in Tate and Baldwin.

6. MattandCindy says:

Seahawks announce they have released WR Mike Williams…

Now its easier.

7. grizindabox24 says:

BMW has been released.

8. Just had to wait for him to get healthy before cutting him. This has been in the works since the Winslow trade.

9. SandpointHawk says:
  10. I guess this is more appropriate as a “link” than under BMW being released.