Hawks select Utah State RB Robert Turbin in 4th round

Post by Eric Williams on April 28, 2012 at 9:38 am with 24 Comments »
April 28, 2012 9:38 am

Well, many of you called this one. The Seattle Seahawks selected Utah State running back Robert Turbin with the team’s 106th overall pick in the fourth round.

At 5-10, 222 pounds, Turbin is a bowling ball of a running back who should serve as a nice complement to spell Marshawn Lynch.

And again, if you followed Rob Rang’s positional analysis this week, he’s pretty much called all of these picks.

General Seahawks

Giddy! Stevo and I (and others) have been banging his drum for months. Hell yes. Power running!! He and Lynch are going to be so punishing. Damn straight.

2. EyeAmBaldman says:

Absolutely LOVE this pick! Excellent backup for Marshawn.

3. I like this pick. I guess there is something to Polk having a long term shoulder injury.

Wow!!!! What a way to start this day! This FO really knows how to pick in the middle rounds!

5. IwillPay says:

Finaly a pick that makes sense

6. this was what i was hoping they’d do.

7. YES!! Now we’ve got a backfield of Beast and Hulk!!!!

8. RhewChuryll says:

This is a good pick. This guy has great hands too. Great pick, to start my day of OT (rather be home with my family with an occasional look on my phone for picks) But gotta save for tht MNF game on the 24th!!!!!

9. Love this pick! Beat the hell out of the D with Beast and Hulk.

10. I just realized I can’t buy Turbin’s Seahawks jersey until I spend a year working on my biceps. lol

11. NWPoseidon says:

The Seahawks are getting SCARY! We have a Beast, now a Hulk and a QB Eater. Opponents beware.

12. and a DT to go with him

13. STTBM leading the prediction contest!! with 3 of 5 correct

Jealous – I thought they would go with Kendricks and Oswieller but considered both guys they actually took dang I hate not really preparing

14. Macabrevity says:

Can I get a Boo Yaaaa!!!!

15. Seems like just what we needed. Smart pick.

16. Sarcasticus says:

Anyone left on that Utah St. squad to draft?

17. Strategicdust says:

YESSSSSS!

18. SeahawkFan12 says:

LLLLOOOOOOOOOVE this pick!

19. Newborough says:

Great pick-up, now we have insurance for Marshawn and someone who can spell him too. Starting to looks like a third good draft in a row and could become great, if the FO pull off their usual strong mid-to-late round performance. This is in any event a great start to day 3

20. Awesome! I’m loving the attitude and power all these guys are bringing.

21. jarred767 says:

These guys look like they know what they’re doing again, these picks are getting me jacked up for the fall!! Can’t wait to see us beat some teams down with our running game and then eat some QB’s for dessert!

22. Great Pick up!! Turbin is going to rip it up!

23. Ruminator says:

Holy cow, this guy has the biggest guns I’ve ever seen on ANY player! If he plays well, we’ll soon see his image emblazoned everywhere, bulging biceps and all.