TNT draft coverage — Rob Rang live chat set for Wednesday

Post by Eric Williams on April 3, 2012 at 8:09 pm with 11 Comments »
April 3, 2012 8:09 pm

Our draft coverage here at The Tacoma News Tribune’s Seahawks Insider kicks into high gear beginning tomorrow.

Rob Rang, senior draft analyst for NFLDraftScout.com, once again has graciously agreed to join us in a live chat on Wednesday (tomorrow), beginning at 11 a.m. So have your questions ready, along with an excuse to get rid of your boss for lunch.

On Saturday, April 21, we will host are annual live chat, first-round mock draft. Folks interested in being assigned a team can hit me up at eric.williams@thenewstribune.com.

On Sunday, April 22nd we begin our position-by-position breakdown of players Seattle might be interested in leading up to the draft with Rob Rang, along with the debut of my first-round mock draft.

On Thursday, April 26, the positional breakdowns conclude, and we host our 4th annual, seventh-round mock draft prediction for the Seahawks.

Have I missed anything? Of course we’ll have plenty of other stuff in between, including the beginning of the Seahawks’ off-season conditioning program on April 16th. So stay tuned.

NFL Draft
  1. JazBadAzz says:

Sounds awesome, great work Eric! Hope to join the chat tomorrow, I missed the last one and had to read the re-cap! Thanks for keeping the blog rolling with great things to keep us busy debating!

2. Dang – I was in the Mock last year but I have a meet that day!! ARG that was fun!

3. Thank you for all of your hard work, Eric. It’s much appreciated all the way over here in the East Coast. GO SEAHAWKS! Also, it took almost a full day, but I am a-ok with our new uniforms. New look, new season! Let’s go get that NFC West Trophy.

Yes, thanks Eric for help keeping this blog alive! And what do you mean about being assigned a team for the April 21st mock draft? How does that work? Anyone?

Does anyone want a good laugh!

5. GeorgiaHawk –

You get assigned one or two of the 32 nfl teams and we go through and do a mock draft with some of our regular posters picking for the teams.

Last year I think I picked NYG or the Colts

It’s a fun day. Interesting to see what people pick for the different teams. I think our Draft was pretty reasonable – meaning that the people that picked grabbed logical picks for who they drafted for.

Yeah, it’s a lot of fun. And people really put a lot of thought into it, which makes it better.

7. SandpointHawk says:

Check out this banner on Nike’s Facebook page. I’m not used to seeing the Seahawks out front. They normally put up on the back row of league shots.

Thanks xcman, Dukeshire. Sounds like a fun thing.

9. “Check out this banner on Nike’s Facebook page. I’m not used to seeing the Seahawks out front.”

Everybody knows the Seahawks are going to be the team to beat in the NFL this year!

While I’m not crazy about the uniforms, I’m glad the Seahawks are getting some attention.

Georgia – you should contact Eric and participate. It’s a good time.

11. Is this where you are taking Draft Questions?

1. Do you think Broyles lasts until the 4th round?
    2. Will Pete Kontz be available for the Cowboys second rounder (45 overall I believe)
    3. Will Harrison Smith be available at that same slot?