DL Jones in Seattle; Flynn schedules trip to Miami

Post by Eric Williams on March 15, 2012 at 4:35 pm with 103 Comments »
March 15, 2012 4:41 pm
Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Jason Jones. (AP Photo/Ed Zurga)

I can confirm that Tennessee Titans defensive end Jason Jones is in town. I think he’s an interesting prospect for the Seahawks, and could fill that role of an inside pass rusher that Seattle has been looking for.

At 6-foot-5 and 276 pounds, Jones can play both outside at defensive end and inside at 3-tech during passing situations. I see the Seahawks using Jones similarly to the way Anthony Hargrove was used in the defensive line rotation, and the way they intended to use Jimmy Wilkerson had he not injured his knee during the preseason.

He’s young at 25 years old. And he’s had pretty good production, finishing with 27 tackles, three sacks and five pass deflections in 13 starts last year for the Titans.

The question becomes how much does Seattle value Jones? Are they willing to pay him $9 to $10 million in guaranteed money like they committed to Brandon Mebane, and for how many years?

Also, ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that Matt Flynn has scheduled a trip to Miami after his trip to Seattle today and tomorrow. So it’s looking like the Dolphins have finally come to the realization they are not in play for Peyton Manning, and are now turning their full attention to Flynn.

Which means the price for Flynn just got higher.

Also, the report below is probably one of the reasons Steve Hutchinson is in Tennessee instead of Seattle.

NFL free agency
  1. He needs to not make that Miami trip! Don’t let him go!

Scheduling the trip to Miami doesn’t necessarily mean he intends to go. But he has to let Seattle know he’s wanted elsewhere. They’re not going to get him on the cheap, I’m afraid.

3. RDPoulsbo says:

The more I look into Jones, the more I like him. Seattle definitely needs an interior pass rush and he fits the bill. It really helps to fill a need going into the draft so they can look more closely at a DE.

4. jarred767 says:

Schefter just posts that Flynn is still on his way here….. I thought he was here all day?? This feels like it’s going in slow motion.

5. Flynn and Jones would make for a great FA period. That would take care of two of our biggest three needs (QB, DE/OLB pass rusher, 3-tech). I have read that he likes end better though, which we don’t need him for as much.

6. jarred767 says:

**posted**

7. Stephen Ross is the new Dan Snyder.

8. fromargentina says:

where is the money???? another mediocre season…

9. He might be joining Dan Snyder, but Dan Snyder is still Dan Snyder after trading the farm for RGIII and giving Garcon that huge deal to run wrong routes for him.

10. Seahawks2620 says:

You definitely don’t want to panic if you are John and Pete, however if you don’t get either one of Flynn and Jones you are looking at WAY too many holes going into the draft. Especially with Hawthorne and Hill still not signed.

11. RDPoulsbo says:

Snyder and Jones both got slapped by the NFL. Redskins are losing $36 mil and Cowboys $10 mil in cap room over the next 2 years for illegal cap manipulation. All other teams are gaining about $1.6 mil for the next 2 years because of those tools.

12. ChrisHolmes says:

I think Flynn gets $8-10 million per year from someone, whether it’s us or Miami. I hope it’s us. I think he’s worth it.

13. SeahawkFan12 says:

The worst part of Flynn going to visit Miami is that his price just went up. Overpaying sucks.

14. HairyArmPitts says:

Hey simple, here’s a 10 year deal, $90,000,000, 25mil signing bonus, 50 million fully guaranteed, $40,000,000 guaranteed vs injury..
    (shape the money so that the actual heavy dough is slotted in starting in 2014 when the TV cash goes up to make the cap hit more manageable)

offer expires with your visit…

15. If Flynn is the second coming of an above average QB, he’ll be worth it! If he’s viewed as the 10-12th best QB in the league in a few years, I’ll be fine with that. I think he will with the weapons he’ll have in Seattle, too.

16. Sign Flynn! We can afford the money, and he won’t cost us draft choices. We can address other needs with the draft.

17. fromargentina says:

i dont know why you guys are care the money… we need a new QB!!!! we spend a lot money with players who don’t deserve it. make a Bet for Flynn!!

18. Everyone last year was a fan of Kolb and now only BobbyK admits to being a fan.

Everyone is now a fan of Matt Flynn “at any price.”

19. Eric -
    what’s the story with Wilkerson? Carroll seemed very high on him before he injured himself last year. Seems he could be signed again at a decent price, but I haven’t heard his name lately. Have the Seahawks lost interest?

20. If the deal is structured correctly paying Flynn whatever he wants makes perfect sense.

Offer him a lot of guaranteed money up front, give him Gallery’s money! Make it a two year tryout more or less. Give him 10 mil for the next two years guaranteed and make sure we can cut bait without penalty after that in case he doesn’t work out.

PROs: He’s potentially a starting QB, While he may cost money – we save draft picks (e.g. 2nd/3rd instead of Cousins, we can add Kendricks or Perry or B. Thompson). It isn’t our money – it’s Paul’s, so who cares what he gets paid since the cap space is there this year and next. The salary cap is going to skyrocket in 2014 anyway. If structured like I said, we can cut him or renegotiate him in 2014 depending on how it goes. As an example, Big Red – he doesn’t get a ton until 2014, when we can cut without penalty or renegotiate.

I am with BobbyK – don’t let him out of the building, unless its to fly him around on the seaplane.

21. psoundpowerhouse says:

I’m not sure Flynn is much of a upgrade over T jack.
    Rather see a QB drafted. Maybe round two or three.
    Bring someone up behind T Jack.

22. The Dolphins are in much worse shape than the Seahawks at QB right now, and they were getting their hopes up on Peyton Manning, so it makes sense they are about to pay way too much for an unproven Matt Kolb, er, I mean Flynn. Flynn is likely gone.

And with Bud Adams ready to give the moon to old Hutch and old Petyon Manning, hoping these geezers can be held together with duct-tape and bailing-wire, I have to ask the question:

Which team is more likely to be the next Philadelphia Eagles, AKA overpriced underperforming ‘Dream Team’? Dolphins or Titans?

23. The stats of Flynn from 2 NFL starts are better than any of T-Jack’s best 2 starts. Flynn has had 2 games and T-Jack is starting to close in on 40 NFL starts and still can’t match that. How in the heck is Flynn not much of an upgrade over T-Jack? Obviously, Flynn will most likely never have a game like he had against Detroit again, as most haven’t, but you still get the idea. And before people complain about Flynn having good players around him in Green Bay (even though many of their best players had been benched in week 17), don’t forget that Jackson had Rice (when healthy… painful lol), Hutch, McKinnie when he was a legit Pro Bowler, Matt Birk in his Pro Bowl ability playing days, Adrian Peterson, etc. Basically, a bunch of Pro Bowl talent.

24. pabuwal,

I had zero interest in Kolb last year, he would have cost valuable picks and wouldn’t have made us any better in 2011 than T-Jack did (same reason I was in favor of letting Matt move on). In 2012, if Kolb is coming in to compete with T-Jack (or hopefully Flynn), then sure bring him in as insurance. The draft is a crapshoot, there is no guarantee to get “your man”. What if Osweiler is the target in Round 2 and he gets snagged by the Saints late round 1 as insurance against Brees holding out? You can’t predict it, so you bring in a potential starter when you can at a cost you (your cap) can handle. Our cap is in a wonderful situation currently. We can afford to overpay this season for a potential franchise QB – one that doesn’t cost us a draft pick, one that JS (a guy I trust) knows, one that is still young, one that doesn’t make or break your regime.

25. I’ll take Moore over T-Jack anyday, so actually the Seahawks are in worse QB shape.

26. The people who hate Kolb right now, IMO, are the same people who were glad Matt got benched for Dilfer and didn’t want Hasselbeck to see the field ever again.

27. Seahawks2620 says:

Tarvaris Jackson:
    Accuracy: Average
    Arm Strength: Above Average
    Decision Making: Below Average
    Pocket Awareness: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

Matt Flynn (From what we have seen):
    Accuracy: Average
    Arm Strength: Average
    Decision Making: Above Average I suppose
    Pocket Awareness: A hell of a lot better than Jackson’s

These obviously aren’t all of the attributes that make up a QB. Now, Jackson, has started many many more games than Flynn, so it is hard to determine just who is better. Based off of physical ability, it goes to Jackson. Based off of being the prototypical looking QB, it goes to Flynn.

28. Personally, I didn’t want Kolb last year. Not if it meant giving up a good player and 2nd round pick, like AZ did. I actually had more interest in him two years ago when it was reported that the ‘Hawks were going hard after him. Still, I’d be thrilled to have what I think he’ll become in a WCO like us if we could somehow get him this off-season.

29. Maybe Philbin likes Flynn and is trying to do him a favor and get him a bigger deal? We’ve all done things for friends before. It give Flynn leverage for a few extra bucks in Seattle even if he knows he’s not going to make the trip to Miami. Maybe Mike Sherman really wants Ryan Tannenhill and Philbin agrees. Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part so Flynn doesn’t leave town?

30. I’d take Kolb on the cheap this year with low expectations. If he can develop than great. If he can’t, then the Seahawks still have Jackson as the starter which is fine by me

31. fromargentina says:

I´m with you BobbyK any decent QB is better than TJACK

I was a fan of Kolb, but not at the price Ariz paid.

33. We will never get a QB if we keep only offering 2 year contracts. offer more years only Guarantee 2 years – same deal but makes the QB feel more like you want him. Also if he pans out YOU HAVE HIM LOCKED UP

Pro’s
    Tjack – Tough and we know the players like him, Decent arm and mobile.

Flynn – Accuracy is good, pocket awareness, put up 480 yds and 6tds in a game, even without YAC it was like 285 yards and 3 TD’s. Has actually lead a drive in the 4th quarter to take the lead. Younger – more room to grow

Con’s
    Tjack – holds onto the ball WAY too long, no pocket awareness and constantly “scrambles INTO pressure”, doesn’t anticipate open receivers

Flynn – not sure what will happen when the league gets more film on him. Still will need to grow/learn some. No certainty that will become “the guy”

I still say you offer Flynn what it would take to draft a QB #12. He is WAY ahead of anyone that you would be able to draft there since he has already been in a number of training camps and a few NFL games under his belt. 4 years 28-32 million – NOT a huge contract but yes big. This kind of contract would NOT stop the team from still continuing to get better.

I am convinced that Flynn will be equal or greater in the NFL to
    the to be drafted guys, Osweiller (no thank you), Moore, Cousins, Foles.

I actually like Tannehill but we would have to know that Tjack will start at least another year. I am totally ok with them drafting him at 12 but I am not sure he will go past 6 or 7. just a gut feeling

34. raymaines says:

I’d be the happiest guy in S.E. Alaska if Manning didn’t declare until after Arizona cut Kolb, and then signed somewhere other than AZ. Then Kolb signed with the SeaHawks and developed into a better QB than whoever the Cardinals get. Neener, neener, neener.

I think San Francisco is for real, and over the next five years Seattle and St. Louis will be pretty strong teams as well, but AZ looks like they’re in kind of a mess.

35. Bad news on Flynn. While I was dead wrong on Kolb last year (I thought at the the time he was the answer), Flynn seems like the only option this year (I’m assuming there is no way in Heck Hasselbeck will come back after Tenn releases him).

If we don’t get Flynn, the only other possible option I can see is if Kolb gets released & is willing to sign for a low figure.

Short of that, 2012 is likely going to be a repeat of 2011; 7-9 wins & either no playoffs or an early exit.

36. Just saw Clayton on nfln and he said the Seahawks “made a nice pitch but the pitch didn’t include enough money and enough urgency”. He made it sound as if he already headed home and to Miami tomorrow. Nothing on twitter tho…

37. Tennhawkfan says:

What are the Seahawks waiting for sign them already

38. ryanryan says:

jason jones stats look just okay to me, ive never seen him play other that last year when i went to the falcons vs titans game to watch hasselbeck and got to see locker’s first nfl touchdown. needless to say i did not notice jones…so looking at the link to his player profile i am not super impressed, but put into the rotation he would be better and YOUNGER than what we’ve got. i wouldn’t want to pay mebane money for a rotation guy though.

39. Well. Sounds like Flynn will be a Dolphin. Good for him.

Now JS/PC will be compared to two QB’s over time: Dalton and Flynn.

Good luck with TJack and Portis in 2012, FO. Please find a way to suck enough to get “your” guy. Actually, you seem well on your way. Congrats.

40. Pretty sure that they only brought him in to make it look like they were interested and they could get him on the cheap..

I have said it before and I will say it again. The Twins can NOT evaluate the QB position and if they don’t figure it out like NOW they will be on the street in 2 years since they won’t be able to consistently win 9 or more games or even get to that many!

And say what you want about Kolb (and how is it Cobb – no L sound and not koLb – with the L sound) he was better than Tjack last year

17 Kevin Kolb, QB ARI 253 146 57.7 1,955 7.73 73 9 8 30 81.1 217
    21 Tarvaris Jackson, 450 271 60.2 3,091 6.87 61 14 13 42 79.2 206

but everyone considers Kolb to be a bust

41. Seahawks2620 says:

It’s not looking good boys.

42. http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/15/flynns-visit-with-seahawks-will-stretch-into-second-day/
    Don’t know if this has been seen, but it says Flynn’s staying tomorrow.

43. Mr. Flynn. Please stay in Seattle. We need a QB in the worst way. I mean…we’re not desperate. Definately not desperate. It’d be nice if you just stayed though.

Tell you what, I’ll even splurge for a pitcher of nice NW IPA and we can talk about my plans for you winning us a superbowl.

Best Regards,

Mr. Cornutt

P.S. Florida has alligators and big bugs. Ew.

44. That IPA’s a winner, Cornutt!

45. sumbiatch!!! stupid rain probably chased ‘em away. if i had heard the “rumors” about Seattle being raining and cloudy all the time and then showed up for a visit to this area today? yeah, see ya, i’m off to miami too….

46. ryanryan says:

its interesting to me that they have two players here at the same time (jones and flynn), i wonder about the logistics behind it…like a SUV episode with coaches switching ‘interogation rooms’, hopping back and forth…that would be a really cool reality show to watch, ‘courting free agents’.

47. Palerydr says:

There is another QB out there that intrigues me and I have to wonder how come he hasn’t resigned with his own team yet, Alex Smith. (Palerydr ducks as he is bombarded by lethal objects flying through the air at his head). I do like the guy and I think he showed some ability last year. He also took the Niners to the NFC Championship and played a pretty good game over all. I would consider him to be an upgrade to Jackson. Plus Pete would be sticking it to Harbaugh, well at least a little.

48. RDPoulsbo says:

I don’t think Flynn and Kolb are comparable at all.

Kolb: Pedestrian in Philly, gets traded after the lockout and no time to learn a completely different system. I wasn’t much of a Kolb fan, but he was put into a no-win situation last year.

Flynn: Lit it up in the starts he’s had, now a FA with an entire offseason to practice with his new team in a system very similar to the one he played in GB, whether it’s Miami or Seattle.

49. Seahawks2620 says:

I am no longer “panicking” about the lack of moves on our part, like I was on day one and day two. However, we really need to do something. We have two holes at LB, we need pass rush, it wouldn’t hurt to pick up a QB, our receivers aren’t exactly stellar, Mike Rob is still wondering around out there, and we still need a compliment for Beast mode. Not all of those will be filled by the draft. I also don’t want for us to get stuck with the very bottom of the barrel free agents at each of those positions. Larry Grant is still out there, as well as mike tolbert. Those two are very intriguing, as well as Visanthe Shiancoe in my opinion.

50. I read somewhere that a. smith had received an offer and pretty much liked it. I thought he played decently, too. Made some nice runs in the Giants game. Always like a qb who knows when and how to run and HATE it when our guys don’t contain.

However, my fondest memory of A Smith is his first meeting with Rocky Bernard.

51. ryanryan says:

*hurls lethal object

that was retarded palryder…alex smith? it took the perfect storm, the best DEFENSE, KICKER, PUNTER…et all for him to look remotely talented. upgrade to jackson…i may have to give you that one though ;)

52. Seahawks2620 says:

“wandering”

53. Free agency is only one way to stock the shelves. JS, in particular, comes from a grow-your-own background. What isn’t done in FA can be addressed in the draft. Relax and enjoy the ride.

54. ryanryan says:

oh – and i read on the blog recently that someone would rather have seneca wallace to tjack. i beg to differ, if i am subjected to seneca running out of bounds 30 yards behind the line of scrimmage instead of throwing the ball out of bounds one more time i will have an aneurysm.

55. HawkyHann says:

Sign Flynn for 5M per season or let him walk. T Jack 4 life

56. ryanryan says:

@2620 – i like larry grant too, tolbert would be a great pick up for the right price i love the way he plays.

57. Seahawks2620 says:

akmac63- I completely agree with that philosophy, but with how last season played out it would be very irresponsible and just plain stupid to not add talent, let alone let the talent you had get away. If you are going to let Hawthorne, Hill, and Robinson walk, then you have to replace them. They were a 7-9 team again last season. The draft can only do so much for you.

58. Sounds like mike rob is coming back to the hawks

59. Seahawks2620 says:

HawkyHann- “T Jack 4 Life” Possibly the hardest I have laughed in quite some time. haha

60. Seahawks2620 says:

jboard1- why is that? Not that I object.

61. Palerydr says:

*Pale ducks and gives Ryan a raspberry

I also remember that hit I also remember he was tearing us up But I’m wrong he went out on the 3rd play from scrimmage. I also discovered he was born in Seattle it’s starting to look like karma …. Lol

62. I agree that LB is now as big a concern for the Hawks as QB; maybe even more so.

63. Seahawks2620 says:

Maybe the fact that Mike Rob said he was coming back on his twitter account. haha

I hate free agency!

Let’s just now move on to the draft were we can work some more magic in the middle rounds!

65. Seahawks2620 says:

moo- No doubt, I completely agree. Drafting one LB in the 3rd or fourth round and allowing for him to compete with Malcolm Smith for the OLB spot is fine, but expecting two rookies to start along side Wright is a bit much and could ruin the defensive progress that we made last season.

66. Snappa,

I’ll never forget Rocky’s sack of Smith. I just couldn’t believe something that big and strong could put on a burst of speed like that. At that moment, my mind instantly flashed to the movie “Alien”.

I’ll bet Smith won’t ever forget that sack, either :-)

67. Seattle has their QB of the future. TJack will win 8 games this year and get a 4 year extension at 12M per.

Super Bowl!

68. We need to start hitting in the early rounds!!! Middle rounds are great but most of your difference makers are going to come from the early rounds.

69. There are plenty of free agents who can come in here and help out at a position like LB. Even though it looks bad right now, I’m not worried about that position yet.

70. Seahawks2620 says:

Stephen Tulloch wants 6 million/season, any takers?

71. ryanryan says:

i wonder what the saints are going to do with casillas, he would be nice to have in seattle.

72. not at 6 mil per year – not a bad player but I don’t like him as much as I like Hawthorne

If we want to hit it in the early rounds then draft Decastro! The smarter better pulling guard then Hutch was!

74. BobbyK I have read this blog faithfully for years and I am sick of your constant rant on TJack- you have no idea how good or bad Flynn will be but are willing to spend whatever to sign him-Thank God you have no power at the VMAC

75. Seahawks2620 says:

Looks as if Casillas has been tendered about 1.3 million, and would cost any team who would like to sign him zero draft picks, seeing as how he was un drafted. He is pretty fast, so it would definitely go with what Pete wants to bring to the LB position.

76. Why is what?

77. dvaldez – All in on the TJack train! Super Bowl!

78. Oh sorry, saw on his twitter he is coming back

79. Seahawks2620 says:

No prob, that was my question. Thank you though.

80. Extend TJack: 4 Years 48M, 24 guaranteed! Super Bowl!

81. Seahawks2620 says:

nbk35zw- They need to be paying you the big bucks man! We have had our elite QB right in front of us this entire time! ;)

82. Seahawks2620 – All in on the TJack train! Extend him now. Let me attach to SOMEBODY! I’m so damn desperate for a QB marriage, I’ll buy in to 12M a year for TJack.

Suck or not suck “all the way”!

83. Seahawks2620 says:
  84. raymaines says:

Seahawks2620 says:Stephen Tulloch wants 6 million/season, any takers?

Ahhh, no. The NFL has changed. Middle LB’s just aren’t valued the way they once were. You can get a guy to plug up the middle and call defensive sets for a lot less than 6 mill per. The faster guys that play on the outside and can cover get that kind of money. Dream on, Steve. Dream on.

85. Seahawks2620 says:

Haha, I was being sarcastic about Tulloch.

86. Wow, this has devolved into the Pro T-Jack crowd vs. the Anti T-Jack debate. I find it hard to believe there is a “pro T-Jack crowd” at all. I don’t dislike the guy, but he has not developed. I am assuming that you all watched all the Seahawks games last year, so I am befuddled…

Guard is not a need for this team. Especially not a first round need.

88. Sac_94 – NOT all in on the TJack Train!

Sign Matt Flynn. OR… draft mystery QB in 2013 that wins 10 games first year. Easy. No worries. 2013 QB’s guaranteed to succeed.

TJack Super Bowl guaranteed as well!

I don’t care. I just want to buy a freaking jersey and wear it for more than 2 years!

89. gonefishin69690 says:

Hahahaha, only in a Union environment, can you make the “Big Bucks” based upon what you might be able to do.

90. vichawkfan says:

Give Titans our 1st round pick for Locker. Assuming Manning signs there.

91. vichawkfan – NOT all in on the TJack train!

Also not all in on the Upshaw train!

Locker, Seattle’s 6th rated QB in the 2011 for the 12th pick in the 2012 draft!

I’m all in! Where’s my Locker jersey!

92. vichawkfan says:

If Seattle graded him a the 6th best QB coming out last year, Dalton must have been lower. Which leads me to expect TJack must be viewed as the solid starter in this bizarro world.

93. HeinieHunter says:

If you don’t make Flynn an offer that will blow his sox off……kiss him goodbye. NFL free agency is not a level playing field. If you a have-not team like our beloved Hawks, you have to lure to players here. There is a reason Manning had zero interest in coming here for a visit. We all know the drawbacks of this area. Buffalo nailed their man for one single reason. $$$ They “made him an offer he couldn’t refuse”.
    It may not seem fair but its what it is.

94. Palerydr says:

Gonefishin I’d love to break your jaw or better yet your fingers. I for one don’t want a blog about football to devolve into your personel vendetta against unions.

95. ChrisHolmes: “If Flynn ends up being the second coming of Aaron Rogers, I have a feeling we’ll look back on whatever contract he signs and say, “Yeah, that was a steal.”

Well, yeah.

But what if Flynn ends up being the second coming of Kevin Kolb, or the second coming of Matt Cassel? Both overpaid QBs who don’t win. This is a heck a lot more likely than thinking Flynn will ever remind us of Aaron Rogers.

This seems to be the time of year when we all get carried away a bit.

96. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

wow palerydr, lighten the hell up. personally i think you should be banned from the sight just for saying what you said. what an ass, if you don’t like what any of us say ignore it and move on.

97. People who make threats on football blogs are just a step above people who talk politics on football blogs. Not that I don’t agree with Palerydr, being a member of the middle class and all.

I think we should offer Flynn 7.5 mil per year over 4 years, which is essentially what we would be paying a rookie with our first round pick, guarantee 11 or so. We can always get out of the contract if we need to, just like Arizona can cut ties with Kolb. The idea that making the wrong call on a QB sets your franchise back 5 years is kind of a myth. Arizona could hit on a draft pick or even Skelton could develop and they won’t have missed a beat by giving Kolb that contract. And they lost Rodgers-Cromartie and a pick in that deal as well.

I don’t think we should panic, but I think Flynn is worth a roll of the dice, especially with no real plan B available to us. Even if we sign Flynn, I’d like to see us take Kirk Cousins in round 2 or 3 (draft stock changes so much even between now and the draft I have no idea where he will project).

I really want Melvin Ingram in round 1. Especially after reading what Doug Farrar had to say about his tape. I hope we take a chance on a real playmaker in the draft as well. A Lamichael James type player with huge upside and speed.

98. Hey fellas, what’s happening? Oh, we’ve devolving again… thanks gonefishin, the FA period is the BEST!

Anybody know what happens if/when Seahawks don’t spend all their cap? Seems like if they don’t sign at least one big FA they will be significantly under, is there a penalty for that? Can they carry any of it forward?

99. SandpointHawk says:

They were 20 million under cap last year and can carry that over this year. However they had to declare that carry over amount by 2-28 and no one seems to have that status update. I believe again this year there is no floor (minimum) only a cap.

100. Palerydr says:

Regarding Gonefishing I don’t like that guy now he knows if he reads my comment beyond a shadow of doubt. Impliying physical violence towards a blogger is inappropriate no matter what my personel feelings, just like interjecting political points of view into a blog about football is inapprpriate in my view.

101. WTF Paleryder?! Rather innocuous comment from Gonefishin. It wasnt even close to a political rant.

I’m pro Union as well, even though Im not protected by one and they often piss me off. But Gonefishin has a legitimate point about guys like Flynn commanding big bucks for not much. Its why the rookie wage scale happened.

As for that being the Unions “fault”, whatever. Who cares?

But threatening violence is trollish. C’mon man, dont do it. Put the bottle down.

102. Palerydr says:

Yup you’re right I’m moving on as I know I’m better than that type of behaviour.

103. RDPoulsbo says:

I don’t want to get too deep into the union argument, but it’s the blue collar players that benefit most from the player’s union from things like the veteran minimum to health care protections. It’s the higher salaried players that tend to lose out because of salary caps. Everything in between is all market value. Pure and simple. If someone’s willing to pay X amount of dollars for your services, that’s the going market rate just as if you agreed to the quote given by an exterminator to get rid of pests.